KILAEUA VOLCANO GENERAL - /kvg/ #159 Pele's pubes edition

HAPPENING:
>The Mayor of Hawaii admits he has no idea when this will end, “no scientist in the world” would dare to make such a prediction.
express.co.uk/news/world/981546/hawaii-volcano-eruption-kilauea-big-island-mayor-harry-kim
>83 Citations issued on citizens attempting to take pictures/fly drones during this event since May
thegardenisland.com/2018/06/30/hawaii-news/arrest-log-for-saturday-june-30-2018/
>"USGS scientists must seek approval from the DOI before they can speak with the media on "very controversial" stories"
sciencealert.com/important-climate-change-stories-trump-administration-science-silence-tracker
>Finding Nemo(any sign of life)
uw.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/28/robots-dive-into-lava-filled-ocean/734127002/
>682+ Quakes In The Past 24h
earthquaketrack.com/r/hawaii-hawaii/recent
>Big Gaping Holes
youtube.com/watch?v=nd8ZneBlark
>Pele Goes Blonde
youtube.com/watch?v=BwOSn6RxDak
>Peridot Is Born
youtube.com/watch?v=ufxrHZ-oVTk

STREAMS:
>USGS Crater Livestream
>Civil Beat
youtube.com/watch?v=5tUAMQj-7SQ
>Katie Unger
youtube.com/watch?v=uYj5LhKrM-c
>Dutchinse
youtube.com/watch?v=qC1W-YzIhsw

MAPS:
>Lava flow
google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en&mid=1CvBhH9wEeztBrqYbsGDi4YjU1k1QH5AL&ll=19.470759726745367,-154.89090802000737&z=15
>Earthquakes
earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map

USGS LATEST INFO:
volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/kilauea/status.html

AND MORE:
>Directory
happdir.com/KVG/kvgdir.html
>Ormat
esmap.org/sites/esmap.org/files/Ormat_World Bank RE Study Tour_web.pdf
>Best case scenario
youtu.be/pm7wYeF77KY
>OC
kvg.booru.org/
>14.88 KVG Radio
youtube.com/watch?v=YiuWH9_mQGQ&index=1&list=PLMVcMnRIDecIk5EkK54jtJvL4mGaorHEz

PREVIOUSLY:
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/kvg/

Attached: 1518388106631.jpg (938x589, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geothermalresourcegroup.com/site/assets/files/1263/2009_dacite_melt_at_the_puna_geothermal_venture_wellfield.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Holy Ohana
>Pepe: Chaos incarnate. Depicted as usual
>Pele: Hawaiian goddess. Queen of volcanoes, mother of fire. Blesses the creative. Lives in Halemaumau crater where she drinks offered gin. Depicted as a tanned woman, early in middle age. Typically wearing red. Ohia lehua adorning her hair. Decided recently to grow it blonde, hoping to please her white nationalist followers. Now sports traditional tattoos.
>Pelepe: Older twin. Daughter of Pele and Pepe. Deity of fire like her mother. Residing in fissures, summons the lava flow. Expanding her mother's great domain with the creation of volcanoes. Working with her sister to cause eruptions. Skin colored that of volcanic rock, as is the texture. Often covered in fissures. Like her mother, adorned with ohia lehuas, but in flowing magma hair.
>Pepele: Younger twin. Daughter of Pele and Pepe. Takes after her father as a deity of water. With tsunamis in her arsenal, sends father's enemies to a murky slumber. With skin and hair made of water, boats and a hibiscus float hypnotically through her mane.
>Peridot: Youngest daughter of Pele and Pepe. Taking after father's skin, taking after mother's hair. Has no powers but is very lucky to have around.
>Piney: The lone pine of all salvation. Accidentally caught in the crossfire of Pelepe's attack against Ormat. Her death heralding the end times, confirming a prophecy is unfolding. Unable to leave the side of her trusty feathered pal, came back as Palmey the Palm to guide Rusty the Rooster.

Attached: 1515309703010.jpg (600x518, 117K)

Bump the slump

Attached: 1526497402043.png (850x850, 403K)

The Unholy Hoa Paio:
>Ormat: The jewish scientists running Puna Geothermal Venture, raping Pele of her lava.
>Lord Humungus: Leader of a merciless, psychotic, selfish gang of motor marauders. Hungry for power, seeks to fuel their death machines with lava based gasoline. Stopping at nothing to take the lifeblood of the Holy Ohana's lava deities.
>Slump-Chan: The Holy Ohana's endgame. The unappreciated spirit of a landmass about to snap. Mostly from the pressure of Pelepe's tense bullying. From this alone, the prophecy unravels. Through this bullied spirit, tied many souls. A prophecy of great death awaiting the California coast. All, the many, following the death of one spirit. One pushed by fire, only then to be pulled by water. Dragged to the abyss, where her eternal sleep begins. All alone on the lonely sea bed.

Attached: 1517224665732.jpg (2047x2732, 384K)

user who wrote the goldstein story 2 or 3 threads back here.
I've gotta get to work but I'll see if I can make more quality content after I get back.

Bumpitty Slumpitty

By Kek, where is everybody? Just looked and thread is pretty far down the page. Hawaiifag, Geohitler, AutistOP, Frens, where art thou?

With inactivity like this I'm not surprised nothing major has happened!

I wanted to get a thread started as she was becoming more active. If Geohitler does happen to visit while I'm off doing work, here's OC I made you.

Attached: 1523700416354.jpg (512x576, 52K)

fuck no sleep creates shitty OC. Oh well, 1% better this one.

Attached: 1500348239163.png (835x837, 646K)

Damn this shit still erupting what the fuck? How is Hawaii not entirely covered in lava by now?

Spewing about 30,000 gallons of lava a second. 600-700+ quakes a day are common now. They are either literally shitting their pants or pretending to because they know the real reason. Either way it's a win win happening

But if it just dumps its load like this, won't the pressure just be released in this fashion? I mean it's cool, that is a shit ton of lava and all. But doesn't this suggest that nothing more will happen than the status quo? I'd imagine after what like 2 months now it can't have enough pressure left for a really big boom now? I also don't know much about volcanoes just guessing.

Destroy California with your powerful waters!

Attached: ●_●.png (240x240, 10K)

That would be the case if the entire wasn't collapsing like pic related. The longer this goes, the more magma drained from the magma chamber bellow, the bigger the explosive eruption will be when lava tries to force its way back into a system that no longer exists. This isn't your typical eruption that's been happening for 35 years, this is a once in a generation event. You are witnessing something that probably hasn't happened in 200-300 years.

Attached: 1515112012449.gif (577x390, 1.06M)

There is a good probability that this is no longer older magma from a "magma chamber," but a direct flow from the mantle itself. Which, effectively, means that there is no real limit to how long this could last.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

This was posted near the end of a \kvg\ and got no response on 6/6/18

>inb4 (((Geohitler))) debunks it.

Attached: KVG.png (1563x402, 37K)

Wow.. What's the scale here?

Attached: nice.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

This is study I think he was referencing in his post.

geothermalresourcegroup.com/site/assets/files/1263/2009_dacite_melt_at_the_puna_geothermal_venture_wellfield.pdf

In 2005 Ormat was drilling on the PGV property and encountered dacite. This paper was published in 2009.

Attached: Dacite Melt at PGV.jpg (1016x586, 323K)

Drone footage from last week. Pic related I drew for you to get an idea. HVO is currently falling apart at the seems, and is not habitable. They predict it will be consumed in time.

Attached: 1507534530376.png (536x502, 381K)

BBC bump

Attached: Rusty.jpg (630x630, 120K)

Attached: lavaloohazzz.png (900x900, 979K)

Attached: 1526743050863.jpg (497x277, 31K)

Attached: 6-25 #LeilaniEstatesEruption .png (600x374, 433K)

Am I retarded for being confused as to why people die from mid viscosity lava? Just walk the fuck away from it, it's slow as shit. I know you want to protect your house, but you can't, so WALK away. Also if the lava is pouring out radially from the center of the volcano then it is very hard to get cornered into it. How is anyone dying from this?

The issue is when the effusive lava itself looks similar to what's been happening for 35 years, but the collapsing caldera progressively getting worst is something we haven't seen since 1790. It's more than likely going to end in an actual explosive eruption at the summit.

It might be valuable to figure out which are the most active kvg posting hours. I might attempt it in the coming days

Attached: 898163c8f811ada42f4a132ad742014881cefcd3.gif (500x281, 545K)

>Real KVG Hours when?
About 6 hours from now, when US is at sunset, EU is late night, Hawaii is mid-day, and OCE is at work. Even then, there is little to talk about right now. Too many shills and autists at times like this. I am bored of flattery trolls the the newfags that love them.

Attached: 1527307425670.png (690x1020, 494K)

It's typically at night time PST/EST (6PM-9Pm to start the thread) then geo/the regulars show up late night and into the early morning sometimes. I started this thread way too early this morning, like 9AM EST or so.

Good to know

Attached: 419d114c18b38f7609c58e2671260932ef4d44d9.png (432x1546, 1.22M)

I am here for a short time, though I do need to take off fairly soon.
any updates?

bumping from page 10