Well?

Well?

Attached: 3C5CE358-6F4F-402D-807D-556EE2C8B729.jpg (750x470, 96K)

Attached: 1508877797155.png (2000x2000, 846K)

>25K retweets, 93K likes
lol fuck Twitter

said no one.

Also the people who say fuck those degrees are realists that realize that going to college of those is literally a waste of money since you end up working as a store clerk or some shit.

Making it anywhere in art or writing is something a small minority of people manage to do.

If you would only follow your dreams for shekels maybe you are a Jew

Hide this slide thread!
Sage

Attached: image.jpg (583x1024, 152K)

>Communists:
>communism is the only system that lets you chase your dreams
>Also communists:
>fuck your dreams

Attached: 15303047523890.jpg (604x362, 35K)

We need to split academia into two schools: Naturalism and Idealism. There is too much bleeding of idealism into the natural sciences and the end result is Lysenkoism.

Nothing is contradictory there. Capitalism is the only system that lets you chase your dreams. There’s no mention of guaranteeing them.

womp womp

>my dream is doing something for which there's no demand
Who the hell has such selfish dreams?
These things should be part of general education, but not your primary specialty.

counter argument: real artists don't need degrees

I'm sorry bro. I just don't want to have a liberal art degree bachelor to build my house or write the airbag software for my car.

>pursue art degree
>95% of people who are capable of becoming proficient artists (and no i do not mean the "8 meter wide plastic cement sculpture of a pile of shit" ""artists"") can become proficient on their own via self study
>universities know this and use the people pursuing art degrees for free money

>pursue history degree
>very low chance of you actually getting a directly history related job via your credentials alone
>you'd be better off again, studying on your own (being able to pick apart, say, a battle in WW2 to the point that you can debunk formal literature on the subject or even create your own correct literature from scratch will make you a better historian than 99% of people coming out of university)
>universities know this and use the people getting these degrees for money

>literature degree
>literally just a bunch of horseshit a borderline secret society made up to acquire grants
>80% chance you will be legitimately brainwashed and discarded once you stop letting old men fuck you at "book clubs"

capitalism does let you chase your dreams too, it's just that your dream may be shit and even if it isn't there might be a monopoly that will break every law possible to prevent you from succeeding

even then it's still better than communism, where attempting to chase your dreams will result in you being removed from your house at night

>a degree for art
seems counterintuitive to me

eventually the truth is somewhere in these threads

Fuck your dreams. What do your people need from you?

you can chase the dream of being an artist, but i just don't want to pay if/when that person fails to make money.

>I need a degree to sell art

>spends 200k and 4 years to learn how to draw
>has no money

Capitalism is society's way of deciding who is smart, and who is poor.

>study a profitable field
>sing, draw, act, be artst in your spare time. As a hobby.
>Make decent money
>laugh at college art fags

Attached: 1527694934528.jpg (720x612, 39K)

Hmmm?
Was Hitler are real artist?

This is why colleges allow you to minor in shit (CS major / polysci and Arabic minors here). Also, most of the people I know who complain about this shit did nothing but join stupid political clubs or party at uni. Meanwhile my philosophy major friend just got a job in finance straight out of undergrad because he fucking worked everyday to realize his dream.

Well, let’s say you are interested in history. Is it so unreasonable that you have an economy and an intellectual life? Make a living like everyone else, and study history on your own time. The
Idea that we need full time thinkers is weird.

surprisingly he was better than 90% of art degree holders

Attached: The Munich Opera House.jpg (1120x764, 96K)

strawman. read first post then politely neck urself faggot

Attached: logic.jpg (1600x1131, 733K)

>Why are my sonic OCs and this painting of trump as a cheeto i made out of my period blood not worth money?

Attached: 1516601609889.jpg (3564x2097, 1.77M)

Capitalists aren't against any such endeavors, in fact they recognize their value.

Capitalists are against a superficial, government taxpayer subsidized, bloated higher education system that ruins people's lives by charging them $80,000 to learn watercolors when there is no industrialized system for the graduates to even apply to.

There's too many social "science" students.

Her nudes are pretty hot

Yeah, if people could paint like they used to they could probably still sell artwork. It would be hard to recreate some oil paintings even with technology.

They already had a thread going about this.

Even the faggot gets it, you can do it but society doesn't have to pay for you to chase your dreams. Do something good for capitalism first and capitalism will give it back to you. That's how capitalism works, if nobody didn't ever do anything productive to get a reward (capitalism) that cunt wouldn't have been using Twitter now. Easy to understand.

Attached: Screenshot_20180630-172957.png (1080x1920, 230K)

Me: studied engineering, six figures job, can buy lots of music equipment

Starving artist: can't buy food

>produce shit art
>lol give me money for it!

yeah nah.... artists that are actually good normally don't have a hard time finding a job. The thing is, being an Illustrator, designer or equivalent actually requires honing one's craft and having a solid theoretical base to whatever you are doing.

it's exactly the shit avantgardists aren't doing.

Sorry your art installation of three rotating chairs stacked ontop of each other is absolutely useless.
It's not just "not profitable" and "absolutely unmarketable" it's total shit.
That's why these sorry saps stay poor as churchmice. Because they are failures.

Attached: 1393352143900.jpg (324x299, 22K)

Find a way to make it profitable dickhead. Why is that our job.

checked.
but seriously, Universities shouldn't be allowed to hand out worthless degrees. it amazes me that people are upset at the real world for not giving them all dream jobs when they have a shitty degree in feminist studies. what can you actually do with that? it produces no money, there's no real demand for it, so it just creeps into every other liberal arts program and class, like speech.

my speech class was littered with unrelated feminist literature assignments and gobs of social justice nonsense.

Selling art is capitalism you fucktard. The problem is it adds nothing to society. Its pointless.

Plus if you so much as suggest that they get a job doing graphics design or something that would actually bring in a reliable income, your answer is invariably going to be some pretentious rant about how that would sully the purity of their art.

Capitalists don't argue against those things, by all means chase your dreams indulge in your passions but don't expect others to pay you for it, your monetary gain reflects what the market estimates to be what you are worth.

>getting a degree in art instead of just becoming an artist that sells art cause hes talented and people want to buy it
imagine being this much of a faggot

>Name is "I love my dog"
Whatever the merits of his argument are, his bloodline ends this century, and in 100 years no one will remember who he was.

I would like a source for that user

The funny part is, that's a dead give away they don't even do anything in the respective field.

If you like your craft, you like your craft. Period.
Lots of artist don't even give a rats-ass what it is they do, as long as they can create sth and keep themselves busy with various projects.
It's the main characteristic of an industrious person.

It's not even different in other, less "creative" fields. If you like programming, you like solving problems. sure there is stuff that's more or less fun, but in the end you enjoy programming.

the "purity" meme is an immense lie told by lazy faggots.

more like they fuck themselves

Communists: Everyone will get everything they need. Don't worry the government will provide it.

Also Communists: There's nothing to eat and if you complain about it the government will have you shot in the back of the head.

The silly billy is mistaking capitalism for communism, here's a handy reference:

# CAPITALISM

You want to study history? Sure, it's your life/choice. We don't actually have much use for that, but if that's your dream then you're free to choose it.

# COMMUNISM

Sounds like you're something of an intellectual. Please follow these two officers down to the basement.

>I'm not good at my field, and therefore no one has ever done well or succeeded in them
>ITS CAPITALISMS FAULT

That is capitalism, or by it's real name, usury since unless you're rich enough to pay tuition up front you need student loans that rape your ass in interest.