Tipping

what is your opinion on tipping? In some places 20% tipping is considered a bare minimum. In other places it's considered rude. What's your opinion Jow Forums? Why should I pay someone 2 dollars to pour an 8 dollar beer into a glass?

Attached: insideJob.png (492x371, 278K)

It's the same as beaner mentality when they come here. Why should you do it? Because it's the culture here, and if you don't like it, go find another place to live instead of being a stubborn idiot who thinks the culture should change instead of you.

If you want to stop tipping you need to start by removing the retarded laws that allow restaurants to pay substandard wages to waiters.

Continue with the laws that allow the government to tax tips.

>what is your opinion on tipping?
$2/head flat for the table.

You shouldn't.
Not politics, sage.
Protip: jews tip among themselves to promote tipping culture so they can trick their employees to demand wage from customers instead of employers, brainlets will call you nigger for not taking the bait

>plate-carriers shouldn't have to pay income tax
You niggers don't report your tips anyway, and you still want more?

Tipping culture is more pro working class because it means the waitresses get a lot more money than if they were paid minimum wage. Waitresses getting paid more is more important to me than whether the employer pays less.

>they can trick their employees to demand wage from customers instead of employers

And where do the employers get money for proper wages, retard?

>it's culture
>it makes sense
why not have it built into the bill? (((they))) pay people below minimum wage and extort charity from business goers while you preach about muh culture

Waiter A carries $10 bottle to table
>I deserve $2
Waiter B carries $1000 bottle to table
>I deserve $200

So vote for communism so all dumb roasties can have more at your expense, dumbfuck.

regardless of whether tips exist or not, the restaurant isn't going to give up profits. They aren't going to, for example, just cut their cooks wages by 3/4ths if minimum wage is repealed, because they need workers. The service industry in particular has high turnover so they need whoever they can get. If it becomes part of their wages, then the restaurant will have to pay them more, which means they will start charging more for customers as well, which effectively makes no difference.

People who don't tip should be glad that tips exist, because it allows them to get the food for the cheapest price because most other people do tip, which allows the restaurant to pay the servers less and keep the menu prices lower. Essentially, non-tippers are on a form of social welfare.

From selling overpriced food? Don't you know how restaurants work?

Waiter B refers to it as "gratuity" while Waiter A refers to it as a "tip".
>reasons

Attached: mfw.png (1160x999, 2.37M)

What's the big fucking deal with it not being built into the bill or compulsory?

Tipping makes it merit-based. Server does better, they can get higher tip. Frequent a place, tip well, and the server will remember you and give you great service every time you show up. If a restaurant knows you're an historic 20% tipper, servers will fight over you and take good care of you.

Servers make an assload more than they would with minimum wage and no tips. They can evade taxes (albeit not legally) when tips are given in cash, which keeps the government out of it. Restaurants can charge less for food when their mandated labor costs are lower.

How the fuck is this free market principle a Jewish trick?

>people who don't tip should be glad it exists
found the dindu

Sounds like projection to me. Dindus can't even understand what I just explained. Second of all, dindus are well known for not tipping, so if anything you're almost certainly a nigger.

>servers will fight over you
great culture
>(albeit not legally)
that's a compelling argument

Who pays for the overpriced food, dipshit? Here's a hint, it's the same person who leaves the tip. Whether or not a tip exists doesn't change the source of the server's money.

i wonder how literally the rest of the world manages to not have tips and pay service workers normal salaries.

i was just in the USA right now and it's bullshit that food is as cheap as it can be. fast food is as cheap as it can be and they pay minimum wage (or more like in n out). regular restaurants end up being as expensive as europe or more.

an average "decent" main dish in the UK is £13 or so, in the US it is 15-16 bucks so more or less the same. except now im paying an extra 20% not only on the food, but drinks too (a beer in the UK is like £3.50, in the US it is usually more than that, and again add 20%).

This system fucks the customers over and benefits only servers and business owners. business owners get away with free labour, and servers can make like $50 just by carrying dishes for an hour. the customer is the one who gets fucked.

don't fall for the eternal tipping jew.

also this

except if you are a regular anywhere in europe you can still tip at the end of the meal and they will still also remember you.

you sound like a butthurt server.

>announcing sage
Have fun with your ban.

But the food is overpriced even without tip so what's the point giving Jew more money and support his privilege to not pay proper wage to his bottom feeders?

I don't tip female ever since I believe they should be at home in the kitchen or taking care of the children, not workinf

>americans will defend getting fucked in the ass and call it trickle down economics

stop, that's too much reasoning.
tipping is retarded in so many ways.
literally the entire world pays the servers normal wages and guess what, the food is still good, still costs the same (or less), you still get good service.

there isn't any good arguments for tipping except "im a restaurant owner and i dont want to pay wages" and "i am a waiter and i would rather get free money than work hourly"

Pay servers minimum wage and remove tips. Solve the fucking problem.

We have a serious problem in this country with enabling exploitation.

>an average "decent" main dish in the UK is £13 or so, in the US it is 15-16 bucks so more or less the same.

Very scientific measurement your using there. Almost every restaurant I've been to, ethnic or otherwise, most dishes are $7-10. But yea, I'm guessing that will magically be "not decent" anymore, which is kind of the point, you have an arbitrary metric which changes based on whether your argument is being refuted or not. Try to compare like with like using something objective next time.

Who the fuck pays 20% on drinks? Normal is $1 per drink (e.g. I have 3 beers at the bar, I add $3 to my tab as a tip, $1 per pour).

1$ per drink or 15% if youre eating.

if youre doing well in life do 20% but nothing more

two points:

1) fuck baby boomers creating this stupid service industry where customers MUST be treated like kings and queens - its weird, awkward and honestly its just bullshit. Just serve the food and bring the bill.

2) dont be a dick, obviously and know what youre getting into - dont go into dennys and expect a good meal, ever.

90% of eating out its BS, and we'd all be better off if all the baby boomers died and we all stopped eating out so much

Tipping is supposed to be a gesture of gratitude. Instead it's just a marketing strategy to get away with paying low wages to employees.

>People choosing where to eat and how much to tip is communism.

Attached: mHzXKu3.gif (325x252, 891K)

More of muh morals. Her survival is more important than your values. You pay for a service.

this is something objective:

the entire world functions normally without having to tip and businesses aren't failing, and everything runs smoothly.

only in america can you make 20% of say a 150$ bill ($30) by fucking carrying a bunch of plates from one place to another (literally 10 minutes of work).

if you think this system is superior to paying an unskilled worker unskilled wages then i don't really know hot to argue further.

also, $7-10 for good food you must mean some tex-mex shit, not an actual restaurant that doesn't serve cheese on top of minced meat.

>and we'd all be better off if all the baby boomers died and we all stopped eating out so much

I think this is really the truth of the matter. The restaurant industry is ridiculous with or without tipping. A society of people who can't cook their own meals is incredibly bleak.

You can get decent food for 5 bucks in my country and we still don't tip, where's your yhwh now?

Why is everything weird and awkward to Millennials? I'm Millennial and I hate how they think everything is cringey. Good thing Gen Z is different.

How is this an appropriate topic?

that's the logic of anyone who wasn't brought up in america.

i understand that the tipping jew has indoctrinated you since you were young people (if in america you even mention the fact that the tipping system is retarded people will scream at you "YOU FUCKING CHEAP SHIT MOTHERFUCKER THOSE PEOPLE ARE WORKING HARD TO MAKE A LIVING IF YOU DONT WANNA FUCKING TIP STAY HOME" ) so it's hard to rethink it, but what makes more sense:

- Work for an hour, get paid your hourly minimum wage, just like every business and country in the entire fucking worl

- Don't get a salary, if there are 0 customers you make 0 money, if i decide to order a $250 steak i now owe some 19 year old $50 for carrying a plate to me which took 30 seconds

Shaming people for not tipping is same as shaming them for not supporting (((free))) healthcare.

also nice vocabulary for a server

If "the Jew" overprices his food, "the goy" won't patronize his establishment, and his restaurant will "get shoa'd."

Eating out is a choice. It's easy to make food at home if tipping is too much. The idea that a restaurant owner is taking the "savings" they get from allowing their employees to enter private transactions with customers and pocketing it is ridiculous.

You all complain about how Boomers screwed you out of your rightful wages yet want to screw waitresses out of their rightful wages because you hide your greed under principles. Hypocrites.

>societal norms are not influential on political matters

Attached: wtf.png (832x686, 773K)

its not cringey seeing:

1) an old fuck desperately trying to serve you for tips

2) some broke thot trying to flirt with you in front of company

3) some young kid in his first job

Its weird because people come should be going to resturants for good food - instead the boomers created this weird "I better be treated right or im not tipping" atmosphere. its pathetic and wrong.

source:

Orlando, FL

>$7-10 for good food you must mean some tex-mex shit, not an actual restaurant that doesn't serve cheese on top of minced meat.

Did you miss the point where I already pointed out you were going to say exactly that? Clearly, it can't be that things are cheaper, because you're arguing that they are the same price. Therefore, anybody who says otherwise is eating fake food, therefore it doesn't count and the argument is still valid. It's completely circular reasoning.

>the entire world functions normally without having to tip and businesses aren't failing, and everything runs smoothly.

I didn't mention the consequences of tipping being failing businesses. But then again, Europe has over three times the population as the USA and yet the US restaurant industry is 750b to Europe's 430b. Let me guess, now you're going to tell me how Americans are fat and stupid for having a bigger restaurant industry than Europe? You're a five year old who thinks petty insults count as arguments.

>Eating out is a choice
So is tipping

Housing is more expensive now so if they collect 50 for bringing a steak more power to them.

I never said single word about boomers brainlet, also waitresses asks for handouts, wages are given by employers.

I can get a decent meal for $5 in the United States too, in a restaurant where tipping is not expected and the workers receive a minimum wage. What's your point?

>I should just receive average service for a middling price! Why should I pay more for superior service?

Sounds a lot like the Obamacare argument

It was reply to different poster, maybe if you read his post first you'd get the point.

so why not give a mcdonalds worker an extra $2 for your mcmeal?

they have loans and debts. if you are too poor to tip why don't you make frozen fishsticks.

> Europe has over three times the population as the USA and yet the US restaurant industry is 750b to Europe's 430b. Let me guess, now you're going to tell me how Americans are fat and stupid for having a bigger restaurant industry than Europe? You're a five year old who thinks petty insults count as arguments.

are you actually retarded? you must be doing liberal arts. is that where they teach you logical fallacies in the first semester? is your fantastic well curated argument that that surplus is due to the fucking tipping culture? americans simply have more disposable income than most europeans, and eat out more often. and they also are fatasses.

why dont you tip all starbucks and fast food workers? isn't that also food industry and poor college students in dire need of money? why don't you tip your fucking postman?

How do you 'improve' a 'bring shit from point A to point B on time'?

>equating healthcare to someone bringing you food
I hope you get the same middling service in both regards.

If I'm on vacation over there and that restaurant's my one time thing I could dodge the tipping right?

I'd rather have that so the server is there to talk to me. Nobody talks in public anymore so I go there to get my social fill.

They do it for the money obviously. What do you expect them to do? Be unfriendly? I was taught to be polite and friendly as a kid and I hate how idiots see it as cringey.

Our Eurofag friends are also sidestepping the fact that we spend far less of our income on food than any of them, even with our "stupid" tipping culture.

I bet that they would argue that it is "stupid" that we can get free TV that is supported by advertisers instead of paying Big Brother for a licence.

Then good for you. Nobody here is enforcing tipping, numbnuts. I don't care if they don't tip in other countries, it's the people like you are who are telling my country we shouldn't do what we do because reasons. Like I told OP in the first post, if you don't like it, go somewhere where you don't have to do it. Or you can try a social experiment if you want: Next time you go to a restaurant where tipping is the norm, when the server comes to collect your bill, stand up proudly and speak your piece as to why tipping is evil and jewish, and make sure everyone in the restaurant can hear your flawless logic. Then everybody will clap when they realize you've freed them from an oppressive jewish invention which they've all been doing willingly the entire time. I'm sure it will end in your favor.

Because it's not the culture but it doesn't mean we shouldn't make it easier for them to live. We should make it easy for as many people as possible so taking away the tipping system just makes things worse.

McDonald's, Starbucks, and fast food in general provide fewer services to the customer. I place my own order, pick up my own food, fill my own drink, and dispose of my own trash. Hence, no tip.

If I'm trying to save a buck, I go to such a restaurant, and use my time to perform these tasks instead of tipping someone to do it for me. Why is this so offensive to you limey fucks?

hey man, some people do talk a lot I get that.

but in general, you dont need to pay to talk to people. waiters/servers/cashiers dont need to be your friend, they just need to serve clean food.

I promise you when you are eating at a place that serves $40+ per plate, they do not annoy the shit out of you like any place that serves under $20 plates. The menu itself is the expectation of what your getting, not the person that brings the food from the kitchen to your table.

>taking away an unpredictable and unreliable source of income is bad for the overall income of a worker instead of having it be built into wages
t. brainlet

>is that where they teach you logical fallacies in the first semester?
It's on the front page of Jow Forums you ninny. It isn't exactly forbidden knowledge.

>is your fantastic well curated argument that that surplus is due to the fucking tipping culture?
YOUR argument was that Europe's industry is just as strong as the US without needing tips. Are you mad that you jumped the gun on that one? Who even cares, you don't have to tip in Britain, so why does it bother you so much that the US does it? You're just like those britfags who complain that we have guns too. We're not a colony anymore you poof.

>americans simply have more disposable income than most europeans, and eat out more often. and they also are fatasses.
I literally said you use "fat" as an arugment, then you quoted it, then you did it anyway. You're a genius man.

>why dont you tip all starbucks and fast food workers? isn't that also food industry and poor college students in dire need of money? why don't you tip your fucking postman?
Because I'm not a cultural parasite. I don't get raised into a tradition or way of life and then begin to resent any aspect that personally seems unsound to me like an ungrateful little shit, especially when there is no consequence for not observing that tradition. Nothing is going to happen to you if you go to a restaurant expecting tips, and you don't tip. I'm not a lefty who thinks the world needs to change to suit my needs. If I'm going to a Japanese restaurant and complain that they won't serve me burgers. I'm the reason I'm there, not the restaurant.

Because I know in reality having it built in will net them less money in the end especially if the restaurant is busy and expensive.

Tipping gives the server the chance to make more money. High risk, high reward. There are plenty of food service jobs that pay minimum. An American has the choice to chase riches in a restaurant that collects tips, or can take a low risk, low reward gig elsewhere. What's wrong with that?

>it's the people like you are who are telling my country we shouldn't do what we do because reasons
But I don't care if you tip, it's you Americans who get exploding verbsl diarrhea when smarter person refuses to get scammed. This thread was made by American for this exact purpose.
>If you don't like it, go somewhere where you don't have to do it
This includes American restaurants though, or is tipping now enforced by law?
>You can do social experiment
But why would I bother? I don't need approval of dumbfucks to be right. I'll just write 0.00 to tip field and ciao.

They don't need to be but I prefer it because nobody else talks in person anymore. Make people talk in person again then I'll agree but for now this gives me my fill.

>Shaming people into spending money is the same as a government using force to take and redistribute it

Attached: clint.gif (220x209, 261K)

fifteen percent every time

>living off charity
sounds like a bottom-feeder mentality

>I don't get raised into a tradition or way of life and then begin to resent any aspect that personally seems unsound to me
critiquing a norm is resentment? you're a drone.

>high risk high reward
for taking a food order?

Attached: IfYouOnlyKnew.gif (548x603, 130K)

>Giving out money for free is same as spending money.
I see restaurants to force employees who don't get tipped (so employers have to pay them minimum wage)to quit pretty often friend.

>smarter person refuses to get scammed

Here's the beauty, dipshit. You don't have to tip, ever. You don't even have to go to the goddamn restaurant. No one will arrest you or fine you for choosing where to eat and how much to spend on your trip.

I guarantee nobody has said a single word to you about not tipping. Not even once, especially considering you live in a country that it isn't the norm in. So what are you complaining about then? You're the one calling Americans stupid for tipping.

This is just like atheists who say God is evil and then act like they're being oppressed when Christians, predictably, don't agree or insult them back.

>This includes American restaurants though, or is tipping now enforced by law?
Can you not read? There are plenty of places to eat where you don't have to tip. In fact, 99% of restaurants where tips are expected you can still just give nothing. So what exactly is the problem?

the only thing I can say to your point is that, if the conversation is what you want, then you should find smaller places that are not chains.

but I feel ya.

I just order everything carryout. I also use coupons. Don't ever order drinks. Have drinks at home. I also pick up my own pizzas. I don't pay for delivery fees either.

Also I'm 42 and have my house paid off and no debt.

The practicalities of more income are more important than your personal judgements. Bottom feeder or not people deserve higher wages.

"High" and "low" being within the realm of food service jobs, which in the grand scheme of all job in the country, are on the "low" end.

Work a 5 hour dinner shift at a sit down restaurant. $2/hr base pay, plus tips. Could be as low as $10 for that shift, could be a shitload more depending on how busy the restaurant is, how attentive of a server you are, etc.

$7.25/hr base pay at McDonalds. No tips. Will receive $36.25 for the shift, regardless of how good of a worker I am. Not at the mercy of how busy the restaurant is, but have a hard cap on earning potential. Earn as much as the lazy, piece of shit co-worker who stood next to you the whole shift.

See how that works?

wow how retarded can a burger get?
i always thought it gets exagerated by mememagic but look at this...

15%, if they don't like it fuck em.
20 if they actually make an effort.

>Employer fires a waitress for giving service so poor that the people she serves won't do something that is culturally expected of them is somehow the employer's fault.

Also the point that can't seem to sink in with you is that there isn't a law that you have to tip. You have the choice to eat somewhere else just like the waitress can work somewhere else.

So, again, not communism.

Attached: leaving.gif (450x258, 1.78M)

And I like going to smaller places. They have better food. I think places like Chili's or Applebee's suck. The meat tastes like rubber and the vegetables taste strange.

>Because I know in reality having it built in will net them less money in the end especially if the restaurant is busy and expensive.
>especially if the restaurant is busy and expensive.
So if a person works at an unfrequented business then they're allowed to be paid less than minimum wage? Your (((practicality))) sounds pathetic.

Attached: peckerhead.gif (489x529, 104K)

No because legally the boss has to make up for every dollar they earn under minimum wage if tips are low.

>Be hard working turbo
>But 4/10 mug and commit crime of having a penis (so 75% less tips compared to vagina)
>Sorry dude I have to pay you because people don't pay you enough for me, time to go
Being reliant on charity of normies must fucking suck.

>You can eat somewhere else
But why would I? I have right to eat at any public restaurant regardless of tip.

Fuck modern society's concept of tipping, because it's not actual tipping. The whole concept behind tipping is that it's not required a thing, which gives workers an incentive go above and beyond the bare minimum of their duties to receive the tip. It's an agreement between the customer and the employee exclusively.

Which in reality turn into loss of a job, but hey yoi got minimum wage once!

They're private businesses that offer a service to the public, you stupid Czech fuck. You have no right to eat at any of them.

Regardless, you can eat an any restaurant you want over here without tipping, even ones where it is customary. It is socially, but not legally, frowned upon if you do so. Why is this such a big deal with you?

It's loss of a job because a business in this situation goes under. Why would said business have a better chance at making it with minimum wage-paid employees?

>>You can eat somewhere else that doesn't involve tips
>But why would I?

Because you've been menstruating endlessly in this thread about the evils of establishments that expect tips. If it bothered you so much you wouldn't feel entitled to the food and service that came with it.

You are easily the dumbest motherfucker I've had the displeasure of debating in the longest time. Not only do you have no understanding of basic political systems, you also cry out of one eye with for the waitresses while glaring at them for food with the other.

Go fuck yourself.

Attached: mikemad.gif (268x268, 1.5M)

He's not wrong. It's the free rider problem. It's the reason why people who don't pay union dues should still be glad unions exist.

>Being this mad
I get it, you're waiter.