M-MAGA, r-right guys?

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/comcast-starts-throttling-mobile-video-will-charge-extra-for-hd-streams/?comments=1

M-MAGA, r-right guys?

R-Right?

Attached: Something something something net neutrality.gif (332x352, 1.47M)

This is literally what I wanted. Now I get cheaper phone service because I don't watch HD videos on my phone like degenerate.

Go to bed, Ajit.

>comcast did a bad thing

fucking drumpf

And I’m willing to pay more for a much faster connection

how is this any different from them throttling connections on a whim anyway?

Cool, my company pays for internet, phone, and TV service at home.

>wagecuck

Yea, yea, salaried working at home with 80% of expenses paid

It's been happening since last year.

>Verizon began throttling mobile video to 480p or 720p on smartphones last year

Tmobile fag here. John Legere will never let me down. Have fun giving your money to literal Sauron.

Attached: legere.png (728x429, 440K)

this, netflix thots get fucked while we get superior vidya speeds

people who listen to music via youtube on their phone should be gassed.

I don't know American Telecoms but unless Comcast has an absolute monopoly it's pretty much an extreme opportunity for another company to come and steal customers away with a better plan.

This.

The only thing is there should be a rule that throttling is content-neutral. Can't make people pay more for liberal vs conservative news, etc.

Bandwidth fees are fine. Markets at work. Censorship on a public commons is no go.

Many places on the east coast, Comcast is your only provider.

Good. Fuck the modern internet and mindless video watching twats. Let it all burn and let the normos scream.

>grandfathered into an unlimited everything/no throttling plan for $60 a month

The guy can suck Jew cock live on TV and I still wouldn't cancel

>businesses can’t charge you for using more bandwidth
>Netflix and amazon prime should get a free pass as bandwidth hogs

Stop using the state to buy yourself perks

hd streams clog bandwidth. you can watch 720p on your damn phone you wont notice a difference. 1080p or better (4k) isnt needed and the extra lines of resolution in those images in those data packs to create the illusion of seamless motion is a fucking catastrophe

Are you me?
Am I you?

I was doing 300-400gb/month over the last three years

>CHAD THUNDERFIST

Attached: chad-thunderfist-thor.png (628x603, 398K)

>Nearly half of videos that stream on Comcast's mobile service play at 480p today, according to the company.

read your own fucking article

Mobile data was never part of net neutrality. This change might suck for people who stream a lot on their phone but it is entirely unrelated to removing net neutrality regulations on wired connections.

You have the equivalent of rocks in your head if you think vidya will get throttled anywhere but down, except for ads

Liberals are too braindead to realize that nothing in the FCCs "Net Neutrality" regulations (which wasn't even Net Neutrality, but just Title II for ISPs) prevented this, and T-Mobile, Verizon, etc. have been limiting video resolution and throughput on their mobile plans for years, long before Pai rolled back Title II regs end of last year.

We already pay the highest bandwidth charges in the world besides Canada and aus

>T-maybe

Attached: 1497304185771.png (502x534, 310K)

This.

Don't care

>Implying giving Jewish corporations control over your internet is a good idea.
This is probably the one thing Jow Forums like that I think is retarded.

You're next to go, phoneposters

If your pay is salaried then you're not a wagecuck.

Net neutrality hasn’t even been overturned yet

W-wait... A-user a-are you saying that phoneposters just got BTFO h-hard?
No... N-no user this can't be. But that would mean....
That would mean that this POO just SAVED THE FUCKING INTERNET. WHAT? WHAT????
ARE PHONEPOSTERS GOING AWAY NOW?
ARE WE GOING BACK TO 2005
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

comcast has been so shit lately that people have been moving to different states just to get away from it

How cute, you're actually naive enough to think they'll be passing any savings onto consumers.

But that's wrong your dense motherfucker. The telecommunication companies aren't going to lower your bill. They won't give an inch if they can help it. At the best your bill will stay the same while others are inconvenienced by raised prices due to throttling.
So go ahead and be happy with your bill remaining the same while the elite pilfer the pockets of the normies more so they never wake up.

OH LOOK IT'S MORE NET NEUTRALITY DISINFORMATION.
GOOD EVENING NIGGERS. YOU'RE GLOWING BRIGHT TONITE.

oh man im loving this "free market" where you literally have 4 fucking telecoms to choose from
god bless this "free caplitalist" market

Cell phone companies did shit all the time like this before NN. This literally has nothing to do with NN,

This is correct. Have fun paying the full price for your consumption stream cuck.

>arstechnica
SAGE

>And I’m willing to pay more for a much faster connection
When was that not an option?

Trump appointed the retard that pushed a bill that allowed this. Thus he's still at fault. Remember_ the buck stops with him.

yes you are

"Hey i need you to put in an extra 15 hours this week. Oh you're salaried btw so no overtime"

salary jobs can easily lead to slavery jobs.

>for years mobile phones give you "unlimited" data which actually means when you hit a limit they throttle you
>people will pretend shit like that never happened before NN discussions were a thing

KYS reddit fags and your disinfo campaign.

May that man live forever, especially because T-mobile would go to shit if ANYONE else took his throne.

Ajit Pai was appointed to the FCC by Obama you inbred cretin.

Lolberts just can't wrap their heads around natural monopolies.

Net Neutrality is a meme like the Affordable Care Act. Both misleading government sponsored control

Attached: 804CB4C6-86B3-431B-A2C7-3CDACB9BB1B9.jpg (1242x697, 99K)

Comcast's service is so shitty I just assumed they were already doing this. I mean nothing's wrong with a conglomerate owning media, entertainment, phone, internet, and telecommunications lines r-right guys? Time Warner and AT&T is /ourdeal/

>mobile video
Why am I supposed to care again?

Does your wife's boyfriend let you use the internet?

Attached: pinku.jpg (484x359, 92K)

American telecoms literally have monopolies. No joke. They've colluded and agreed not to compete in most areas, so whoever you have you're stuck with. There is literally no one else to switch to. Now some cuck will chime in to tell you why this is a good thing.

>america
>the land of the free
>freedums in 480p
I guess freedom doesn't come in HD for 'murricans

Attached: 23a19dc8-eb9d-417b-b0a7-b281d457c8c1.jpg (226x191, 9K)

I live in bum fuck nowhere and get 2 gigs a month with my shit tier verizon plan

Attached: 30605278_1064465230361492_1159389806959001600_n.jpg (1080x1080, 61K)

half the problem with internet companies is legislation, the other half if network distribution aka fiber
theres a law in nevada apparently that if you are a ISP you have to provide service to all residents or its some discrimination bullshit
or so a COX guy told me
fucking shady mother fuckers
kill them all, fuck it

>mobile video
so literally nothing for anyone who isn't a normalfag

This is good because of economies of scale, and by focusing on smaller markets they can provide better service. Corporations are people, and if you infringe on their rights you're infringing on ALL our rights!

Obama put him on the FCC. It was Trump who put him on the bed to shit all over it.

>"Later this year, 720p video over cellular data will be available as a fee-based option with your service,"
> a fee-based option with your service
>no option to remain where you are right now

So fucking hilarious

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-02_18-58-46.png (1408x163, 73K)

john is the man. dude should run for pres

And this is why I don't use Comcast.

>tfw own a bunch of comcast stock
I'm either in for a good time or a world of hurt.

Attached: 1432341937107.jpg (300x375, 32K)

If that's a problem for you, don't use their service? Retard.

>pay about 20 buck
>unlimited "social networks" which is shit since I don't use them
>6 GB of data
>unlimited calls & sms to US/Canada

Who bad are am I doing against comcastfags? Considering I'm in Mexico

unless you have a pair of herculean hands forged by the old gods in the glorious flames of the first star, able to hold the universe in their palm, you better fucking believe you're selling them tomorrow morning

Hahahahahahaha they will turn the internet into cell phone subscriptions

Nearly every other mobile provider (t-mobile, at&t, Verizon) already does this. You have your video streams capped to 480p unless you pay $5-10 more for a plan that lets you stream HD video.

I personally have an $50 a month unlimited plan with MetroPCS that has video streaming capped to 480p. It saves me an extra $10 a month over the regular $60 a month unlimited plan with HD streaming. I do not give a shit about watching 1080p on the go on my tiny phone screen.

While you've identified the disadvantage of salary, salaries aren't wages. But you are still an abominable retard. So there's that.