It took me a long time to grow the balls to watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=-WLTcfWOKB4

I agree with it, and I am now a Baptist. Let's have a giant autistic argument about which denomination of Christianity is the right one. I'll start with my argument for the Baptist church

1.Accept that Jesus Christ is the son of god, died on the cross for your sins, and accept him into your heart as your lord and savior

2. Get baptized

3. Go to Church

4. Pray every day

5. Read the bible every day

6. Help people be saved

Boom, that's salvation, and that's baptism. Annnnnnnd argue

Attached: 1516600761175.jpg (461x944, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_Hall_Assemblies
youtube.com/watch?v=oz3ccSJtJXA
youtube.com/watch?v=PRCVeqvZKt4
youtube.com/watch?v=buJDSuSey3U
archive.is/X8Tqk
archive.is/iFGqR
archive.is/J3Y6Z
archive.is/pBMGf
renegadetribune.com/christians-cucks-3/
archive.is/Fdsxo
archive.is/qQPMf
archive.is/ICpaJ
archive.is/RgZOY
youtu.be/pfvd9JsEG-4
youtube.com/watch?v=cLU6oms0j4o
biblehub.com/luke/3-33.htm
biblehub.com/hebrews/7-14.htm
biblehub.com/luke/4-15.htm
biblehub.com/john/1-11.htm
biblehub.com/john/4-22.htm
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 19:19&version=NKJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark 15:2–15:2&version=nkjv
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_2:2
pappaspost.com/greek-orthodox-churches-become-makeshift-shelters-for-refugees-on-lesvos/
voanews.com/a/orthodox-patriarch-refugees/3287495.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DON"T DO IT Jow Forums !!!!!

DON'T LET THIS THREAD SLIDE!

YOUR SOUL HANGS IN THE BALANCE

>San Anderson
>Same guy that teaches that saying prayer gets you saved
>Same guy that teaches repenting from sins is heresy
>KJV only cultist
>Teaches that Jesus went to hell

You Gotta watch some Paul Washer boy

Baptism = outward expression of an inward change
It other words, self betterment, salvation and the ability to do the greatest good in this world
Be blessed Brother!

It that matters is that you believe in Jesus and read his words, and live to them.

Doesn't matter what group you're a part of or not.

I'm not especially judgmental of other sects of Christianity. I mean, as long as they are real. Let's just all pause for a moment

Mormons
Jehovas Witnesses

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ok argument back on.

Fundamentalism

I don't know much about that one

Fundamentalists hold the following foundational theological beliefs amongst others:

The inspiration, inerrancy, and literal interpretation of the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Peter 1:25; 2 Peter 2:20-21)

The virgin birth of Christ (Isaiah 7:14-16; Isaiah 9: 6-7; Luke 1:27-32)

The belief that Christ died on the cross to pay for the sins of the world and rose from the dead (Luke 18:31; Luke 24:7; Acts 10:38-40; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

The historical reality of Christ’s miracles (John 2:11, John 2:23; John 3:2; John 11:46-47; Acts 2:22).

There's no logical justification for sola scriptura or sola fide. Sorry fag, become Catholic or be a less gay atheist.

>which denomination of Christianity is the right one
None.

Nah, I don't want my kids to get molested by satanic priests.

Thanks though.

Glad you admit sola scriptura is legit retarded. The books were not written by Jesus or God and translated several times before being voted on by a group of elder priests to determine which were "legit".

That was in latin of course, so it was translated at least once more after that into something your idiot priest can read.

Oh by the way, you are talking about Protestantism , completely different from baptist.

So you want to talk about the child rapists that you protect now?

>Help people be saved
There is nothing more annoying that people butting their noses into my private personal beliefs because they are sure they "get it" and sure I don't. God I hate that shit.

Like a gay captain america

Yeah, it sucks that you have to learn the truth doesn't it? Well.... everyone except for you. You were born speaking! No one taught you. You didn't even have to go to school! You were just born knowing everything.

Pretty crazy man, you must be the only one in the world.

> Baptist
You choose like the worst denomination possible

jesus did go to hell. He went there to retrieve the righteous, since before his birth there was not a common path to salvation for people. Unless you were whisked off to heaven directly, you went to the underworld

Sick argument

>he thinks he knows the truth

Attached: 1528871827990.jpg (600x400, 54K)

>Boom, that's salvation, and that's baptism. Annnnnnnd argue
Each Baptist church is independent, and a lot of them think really crazy things like snake worship and speaking in tongues.

Other than that, most Baptists ain't bad. I went to bible camp at a Baptist church and they were good people even though I come from a Catholic family.

I'm talking about sola scriptora and anyone who believes it whatever they call themselves.

Regarding Catholic child abuse it was terrible and I'm glad they got busted and stopped/arrested guilty priests.

How could the oldest form of Catholicism be a bastardized version?

smdh

As an Anglican I have respect for the spirit of Protestantism, which I believe comes from a genuine desire to resist tyranny. However, modern Protestantism is pushing me towards Orthodoxy. You can't strip a car of everything but the engine and still call it car.

Do Baptists even recognize the Saints?

Attached: 1529431589113.jpg (1153x1001, 132K)

I attended a Gospel Hall some years back. Total low-key, back to basics approach. No stained glass or incense, no pomp. Bread (whole wheat kek) and wine. Sunday school. Visits to hospitals and old folks homes. They went by The Book.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_Hall_Assemblies

They certainly don't worship them, or autistically mumble the Jesus prayer like a literal Hindu mantra.

>got busted
>stopped

The Pope still protects pedophiles to this day, papist. How can an institution so robbed of its moral duties function as a church?

Christ, have mercy...

Attached: 1529431415373.jpg (500x667, 143K)

Indeed.
And the end is nigh.

Attached: image.jpg (1526x1076, 172K)

Attached: IMG_20180619_235434.jpg (1440x2560, 1M)

Catholicism is just a bastardized version of Essenean Judeo-Hellenism and Paleochristianity.

I'm not a catholic, I don't worship the Saints. I do recognize their worth as archetypes, heroes, and inspirations as individuals who are closer to God than I at the moment, though. It's called respect.

Attached: 26183768_741532979350267_7111684506020478976_n.jpg (1080x1227, 165K)

To be quite frank, most if not all denominations of churches have some shenanigans going on.

I personally don't believe in Catholicism because before the reformation most actions by the church were done in order to gain political power. This was the only reason why the Papal State was so powerful in the 1400s. Second, I don't believe in the Protestant division of the church entirely. While I think that it is important to have personal testimony and whatnot, I believe that there should be leadership in the church to prove the validity of the words in modern day circumstances. The Baptist church is cool and all, just the separation of each church in accordance with the others seems off.

Of course, we all know the only valid sector of any religion is Islam.

>sola fide

Fine.

I'll accept Christ as my savior.
But I'm still going to pray my rosary, wear my sacramentals, burn my incense and weep over my statues.

You know, just in case.
If our works play no role in our salvation, may as well do anything.

>If our works play no role in our salvation, may as well do anything.
Except, you know, idolatry.

Do you know what idolatry has historically been understood as?

When God forbid the Jews to commit idolatry, the word meant that there was a belief that some tangible part of whatever God was being worshipped literally was inside the idol.

That is a far cry from what liturgical churches do, but then again I wouldn't expect a heretic who has abandoned all tradition and history for a shortcut to understanding salvation to understand that in the least.

Attached: 1523047489762.jpg (720x703, 104K)

If praying to statues is an expression of my faith in Christ, then it is all kosher.
You can call it misguided or wrong, but it at least doesn't put my soul in danger, according to sola fide theology.

>protestants literally believe liturgists pray 'to' the statues and icons

>mfw

Attached: 1528419934740.jpg (700x845, 460K)

The second commandment is to not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in creation. One, lest ye mistake the image for the thing it represents. Two, lest ye aggrandise yourself as a creator and forget the Original Creator.

If by 'historically understood' you mean twisting the words of God then yes, I know that all too well.

>God says you should not bow to graven images
>it's okay as long as we [mental gymnastics]

There are no shortcuts to salvation by the way. Only to hell.

Spoiler: The Bible tells you to obey authority.
and to not do so is to offend God.

Matthew 22:36 - 40
"Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

With the death of Christ came a new covenant. You should know this. You're still missing the point though. You still don't understand what idolatry is. You could always you know, just focus on Christ and use your brain and be aware of your own thoughts. Maybe then you won't stray. Someone mentioned the Jesus prayer earlier. Keeping this sort of focus is precisiely what it is for.

Also, Christ kinda threw the whole graven image thing out the window when he incarnated as a man.

>you mean twisting the words of God then yes, I know that all too well.

Like you protestants do to justify your heresies? The ancient church has literally been using icons since the very beginning, and yet you claim to know the word of Christ better than the disciples, better than doctors of theology and history.

>that flag

Jesus says "Decide", Allah says "Submit"
You claim to follow the God of Abraham, but in my reading of the Quran Muhammad seriously misunderstood Christianity. As if that wasn't evident enough when he slaughtered those who refused to follow his blasphemy and false prophecies. How could such a man claim to worship the same God that is the father of Christ?

Attached: 8281237_orig.jpg (482x616, 56K)

>Like you protestants do to justify your heresies?
I'm not Protestant.
>The ancient church has literally been using icons since the very beginning,
Yes, they have been idolaters since the very beginning.
>and yet you claim to know the word of Christ better than the disciples, better than doctors of theology and history.
The word of God.
Christ was a human, not God.

>Same guy that teaches repenting from sins is heresy
thats not what he says, he says repenting of sins is not necessary for salvation

>Christ was a human, not God.

Whoa there, that's some serious heresy. Do you even hypostatic union bro?

Anderson is a kike fuck you.

Steven Anderson on race-mixing
youtube.com/watch?v=oz3ccSJtJXA
"Interracial Marriage" Baptist Preaching (independent, fundamental, KJV sermon)
youtube.com/watch?v=PRCVeqvZKt4
"Races" are a Fraud
youtube.com/watch?v=buJDSuSey3U

Attached: 1517877926190.jpg (640x1290, 84K)

>All Christians Are Cucks
archive.is/X8Tqk

>All Christians are Cucks #2
archive.is/iFGqR

>All Christians are Cucks #3
archive.is/J3Y6Z

>All Christians are Cucks #4
archive.is/pBMGf

>All Christians are Cucks #5
renegadetribune.com/christians-cucks-3/

>Cucktianity: What Is A Covenant
archive.is/Fdsxo

>Cuck Identity
archive.is/qQPMf

>Cuck Identity #2
archive.is/ICpaJ

>Indoctrination
archive.is/RgZOY

Synagogue of Satan debunked
youtu.be/pfvd9JsEG-4
youtube.com/watch?v=cLU6oms0j4o

biblehub.com/luke/3-33.htm
>the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah

biblehub.com/hebrews/7-14.htm
>For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah

biblehub.com/luke/4-15.htm
>He was teaching in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.
biblehub.com/john/1-11.htm
>He came to his own people, and even they rejected him.

His own people aka Jews.

biblehub.com/john/4-22.htm
>You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Samaritans aka Gentiles.

JESUS WAS A JEW.

Attached: 1529995948159.jpg (1024x822, 226K)

Christianity is Greek idolatry, a corruption of monotheism. God has no equal and takes no human form.

>Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct thee: and upon earth he shewed thee his great fire; and thou heardest his words out of the midst of the fire. And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt; To drive out nations from before thee greater and mightier than thou art, to bring thee in, to give thee their land for an inheritance, as it is this day. Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

Deuteronomy 4:35-40

You know what man, I'm not gonna race mix. I don't really give a fuck what anyone else does. I don't think he is encouraging it, simply allowing it.

hello schlomo

Attached: 1530135634099.gif (480x270, 2.69M)

>worship a jew
>jew calls me kike
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME
you are a typical jew.

Attached: 1513437581672.jpg (281x320, 36K)

You're certainly not making that statement as a catholic then, I trust?

>Christ was a human, not God.

Oh. You're one of those. Sorry bud, you're not a Christian if you're not baptized in the name of the trinity. If you're not claiming to be a Christian then I'm not even sure why we're having this discussion.

Attached: Archangel Uriel.jpg (308x640, 92K)

>Tries to use the old testament to rebuke the new testament

wat

Attached: 1518645407800.jpg (261x196, 19K)

>new testament
You mean your fanfic?

>Christ kinda threw the whole graven image thing out the window when he incarnated as a man
I'm not sure I follow your logic there. JC made idolatry okay again?

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 19:19&version=NKJV
John 19:19New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was:
> JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Fug, were the Romans just being dicks?

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark 15:2–15:2&version=nkjv
Mark 15:2New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Then Pilate asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?”
He answered and said to him, “It is as you say.”

I guess Jesus was a lying to us.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_2:2
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we
have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

I bet that Magi was a dirty shifty Jew trying to claim Jesus was Jewish and offering his family gifts, OR you dorks are delusional weirdos and Jesus was just a radical Jew who fucked with some Jew merchants and was killed for it. Just accept that Jesus was born a Jew who changed his mind and wanted something different, just be honest you goofballs.

Attached: 1514919340946.jpg (2064x2463, 607K)

More like eye witness accounts of miracles, verified by the earliest church founders, church fathers, which are all connected to now by a consistent stream of writing.

If we can't prove Christ to be real, then how can we prove ANY history that happened in the B.C. period? How do we know Plato is real? Aristotle? Socrates? Cicero? Marcus Arelius? Epicurus? Is every documented piece of history before the life of Christ a conspiracy theory?

Delete this.

Attached: F657C6D2-F2C7-4ED2-839B-F79EF48C76B6.png (1200x1163, 124K)

The Protestant idea of "sola scriptura" makes no sense to me.

It posits that we should only take the Bible as the final, infallible word of God. But why? What reason is there to take the Bible as infallible? Who says that it is? Who has that kind of authority?

Not the Church, or tradition, because, according to Protestantism, they are fallible. How can something fallible infallibly declare something to be fallible?

It seems like most Protestants believe that the Bible is infallible just because it is.

>either a Jehvoah's Witness, Jew, or Atheist

Next

He didn't make idolatry okay. Jesus never claimed he literally incarnated in icons of himself, nor did he okay idolatry in the way I assume you're sing the word.

Christ incarnated as man. That means he had a body, a face, a likeness. Something you could paint or take a picture of. Humans use images to communicate concepts.

And yes, I know the image western and orthodox Christians use to represent Christ was actually an Emperor. Beside the point.

Attached: 0g0mi39f77a01.jpg (671x863, 110K)

Would History be changed if it was proven that Epicurus didn't really exist? No one's belief system hinges on Epicurus user

Attached: tiV2b9K[1].jpg (521x433, 31K)

pappaspost.com/greek-orthodox-churches-become-makeshift-shelters-for-refugees-on-lesvos/

voanews.com/a/orthodox-patriarch-refugees/3287495.html
> Patriarch Bartholomew, the spiritual leader of Orthodox Christians, is urging Europe to stop trying to divide what he calls economic migrants from asylum seekers.
> Bartholomew is scheduled to visit the Greek island of Lesbos on Saturday along with Pope Francis, and Athens Archbishop Ieronymos, the head of the Church of Greece, to raise awareness about the troubled state of refugees and migrants in Europe.
> The symbolic visit is intended to reiterate the Christian moral duty to show hospitality to strangers, Bartholomew said in an interview published Friday. He added that countries in Europe should find inspiration in the generosity shown by Lesbos residents.
> Illegal immigrants make 10 % of the population of Greece
daily reminder that the orthodox patriarchs are exactly the same shit , and they have repeatly condemned right wing movements like Golden Dawn
But why would it be otherwise?
Christianity rejects all wordly concerns altogether

Attached: 1505687205860.jpg (1024x601, 146K)

>uhhh, because it's the word of God you dumb liturgist!

So like, churches are corruptible, but apparently translation of scripture isn't. Or something.

I don't even know what these protestants are trying to say man, and I don't think they really do either.

Attached: 35329378_798704853656665_1571988022092627968_n.jpg (960x720, 93K)

Are you trying to say that all documented history in the B.C. period is a conspiracy theory, and that it doesn't matter one way or the other?

That's kind of what it sounds like... if not I have absolutely no clue what point you are trying to make. It would actually make a huge difference, as he was one of the earliest intellectual puzzle pieces of what would become the bavarian illuminati.

There are no eye witness accounts. The oldest mention is Paul saying in his letters that there are eye witnesses alive, which proves nothing.

The early Christians were Hellenic Jews who fell to the pagan idolatry and anthropomorphized God's word.

>Jehvoah's Witness, Jew, or Atheist
I'm a Abrahamist. None of those follow the God of Abraham. Neither do Christians.

The closest religion today to the original faith is Islam, but they too couldn't avoid idolatry, running around and bowing to a rock like their pre-Islamic ancestors.

>daily reminder that the orthodox patriarchs are exactly the same shit , and they have repeatly condemned right wing movements like Golden Dawn

Daily fucking reminder that racially flavored communism is still communism.

Attached: 1520380516238.jpg (3840x2160, 2.43M)

In I was just trying to give the reasoning I was given against making graven images and worshipping false idols in response to . It's a trap, twice over.

Daily reminder that christianity is proto-communism.

Attached: 1528755571996.jpg (960x1047, 424K)

>Christians
>spiritual progeny of Abraham
Good one.

Im a confirmed Anglican (do not identify with Episcopals, anymore. Fucking hippies.)

Going Catholic because the Episcopal Church has become a donkey show. I can get over the church having bad priests, so long as it roots them out. Not a fan of the Popes politics, or Vatican 2. However, there are plenty of ways to worship in a Vatican 1 tradition, and without having to be crazy about the current Pope.

Thats a lot easier for me to stomach than the poison that is going through the Episcopal Church, right now.

Also: Baptists are hit and miss. Some are fine, some are psycho. Any church with a drumset, guitar, PowerPoint slides, or altar rail is fake news. Mormons are nice, but creepy. 99% of Protestant denoms are also fake news.

You are a youtube theologist bud. Nothing you are saying is based from the bible at all. The New Testament IS a series of eye witness accounts.

This shit triggers me timbers. Protestants who think we're worshipping the saints, Mary, etc, are troglodytes.

Are you retarded? Paul wasn't an eye witness and neither were the authors of the gospels.

>The New Testament IS a series of eye witness accounts.
HAHAHA

maaaaaaan, gospel drummers are so fucking good though.... I'm one of them, lol. Why are the drums evil?

Wow, you made a statement backed up by nothing. I'm gonna keep talking to adults now, enjoy your indoctrination.

Wasn't Catholicism the first denomination ever?

Therefore it's the only one. You can't make some shit up in the 1500s then claim you're the REAL Christian denomination.

neither did you dumb fuck

That literally isn't true though. There is an entire school of thought called Epicureanism.

Even if you can't decide of the historical validity for Christ, you can at least take the nominal-Christian route and acknowledge that the Christian story perfectly summarizes the very human and very critical story of the hero myth.

Attached: 1529430910927.jpg (1404x1800, 2.91M)

>all documented history in the B.C. period is a conspiracy theory, and that it doesn't matter one way or the other
Nope, not saying that. Just that most people, believers and scholars and regular folks, accept the historicity of JC and would have a crisis of faith if it was somehow proved to be wrong. Most would probably shrug if it turned out that Homer or Livy weren't really historical.

Sounds like you are extremely angry. I would be if I was being exposed by someone who read the bible too.

There is no such thing as being an Abrahamist, you are a LARPer

>I'm a Abrahamist.

>The closest religion today to the original faith is Islam

Attached: double_facepalm1.png (500x314, 17K)

>backed up by nothing
Pick up a book, nigger.

Well if someone proves it wrong, I'll be listening.

I've read the bible and am an ex-christian of 20 years. Don't give me your garbage insanity i've heard it all.

Attached: 1528913116262.jpg (1440x2536, 497K)

Because its cringy new age trash that sullies the tradition and disciplined respect due to God. Organs and elegant string instruments only.

Just my take/flavor. My church has a service that does this shit. I avoid it like the plague.

Sheol/Hades is not Hell. Go research.

Daily reminder that Christ taught self-reliance, defense of the innocent and righteous, community, and charity. Not state mandated "compassion."

Attached: 1518137689617.jpg (1100x1215, 146K)

Absolute damage control ladies and gentleman.
>muh read a book

HOW ABOUT THE BIBLE? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhah

taught nothing but submission took 500yrs for any of you to do anything about mudslimes kys.

Attached: 1513200652768.jpg (984x2088, 532K)

Ok, so you hate black people. Is that a refutation of Christianity then?

yeah it is nigger

I can only get so erect.

At least pretend you have a point, memeflag.

The New Testament isn't comprised of eye witness accounts, sorry to burst your bubble.

That's how I got converted. No drummer could even come close to touching me, and then I got absolutely rekt by a black gospel drummer.

It was like Vegeta getting humbled in DBZ by Goku. I kind of agree though.

I just dropped Epicurus because did. Perhaps I should have picked another name.

Are you bnei`noach?

You said something, but I don't see the proof.... That's what we call an opinion around these parts.