So I went to Cosco yesterday (here at my City in Mexico) and I saw 2 bags of charcoal briquettes for $25.00 USD ($485...

So I went to Cosco yesterday (here at my City in Mexico) and I saw 2 bags of charcoal briquettes for $25.00 USD ($485.82 MXN).

How is that even fucking possible here in Mexico? We could just go anywhere and buy a bag of vegetable charcoal for $50 MXN ($2.57 USD)

So basically 2 bags of vegetable charcoal equal $100 MXN ($5.15 USD)

Are charcoal briquettes that fucking expensive in the states? or is Costco Mexico trying to play some dumb kikery?

Attached: D_Q_NP_920291-MLM26128216995_102017-Q.jpg (284x284, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=clIMxavNIzA
walmart.com/ip/Kingsford-Original-Charcoal-Briquettes-16-7-lb-Bags-2-ct/43854892?athcpid=43854892&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS002&athguid=466001f5-da8cecc1-f02ba79039693383&athena=true
youtube.com/watch?v=HK_tNFzXmmI
angelfire.com/80s/shobhapardeshi/twelvesided.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tqwaPyQyE54
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

$50.00 MXN
$2.57 USD

Attached: Carbon.jpg (300x300, 13K)

They're food grade. You could literally eat one and be fine. We live in a society.

No, charcoal is cheap as fuck last I checked. I use propane and propane accessories though so I don't really watch the price of it. Seems like a stupid product to export tbqh. Do they manufacture that in Mexico?

Wtf is vegetable charcoal?

We use hickory or oak.

Kingsford? Nope

I also agree, I think they added up the export expenses, which is dumb, since charcoal is pretty dumb cheap in here

>Are charcoal briquettes that fucking expensive in the states?
Not at all. I pick up bags of the nice briquets that include cherry or apple wood for half that price at most.
Thats really weird of all things to be marked up high for you guys.

kek I got two of those bags at Home Depot for 5 bucks

youtube.com/watch?v=clIMxavNIzA

This is vegetable charcoal

"Carbon Vegetal"

>briquettes
Nope!
>Actual charcoal
Yup!

Attached: D917F8C6-38FE-47D3-A289-1D46D16395A8.jpg (1200x905, 206K)

I wonder if the parent company also exports a bunch of other more desireable things, but is forcing companies to accept charcoal as well as part of the deal so they can make more shekels.

Companies here are fond of that kike scheme in many different kinds of industries.

it could be, as part of absorving "transportation costs"

Attached: (((Costco))).png (983x556, 147K)

Does it sell much? I guess charcoal at least isn't very dense so the fuel costs wouldn't be as bad, but maybe they only have to transport a small amount of it down because nobody is going to pay all that overhead but they still get brand name advertising space on the shelf.

>walmart.com/ip/Kingsford-Original-Charcoal-Briquettes-16-7-lb-Bags-2-ct/43854892?athcpid=43854892&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVAV&athieid=v0&athstid=CS002&athguid=466001f5-da8cecc1-f02ba79039693383&athena=true

same thing costs us about $17 in the U.S.

Damn nigger you’re getting jewed up the asshole!

Attached: 56E93FBD-CB15-4C4C-8362-6367AF177E69.png (1125x2436, 1.14M)

holy fucking shit

I knew Costco was being kike as fuck!

I would never enter that store ever again!

we don't make charcoal out of pallets and plywood. you get what you pay for. That being said, I'm a post oak man, myself. Got three racks of St. Louis ribs on the smoker and a Lone Star in my hand.

Our charcoal is made out of Mesquite wood

that's fucking ridiculous.

>Costco
lawl
It's not as good a deal as it used to be. It can be good depending what you buy there, but it really slid after it managed to pull in all the boomers and chinks.

Charcoal is an end stage business. Companies always milk the last remaining profits when they understand the game is nearly over.

stinky latina feet!

dont you have any trees? burn them and make your own charcoal

lol, lumber is $20 pesos a bag

but I personally don't use lumber, because it burns too damn hot

some pizzerias here do use wood, and it does improve the taste

How does one barbeque with solar power? Asking for a friend

$20 pesos a bag = $1.00 USD per bag

fresnel lens or ...
multiple mirrors or ...
parabolic shiny metal sheet

Attached: 2dejd2.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Parabolas bitch
youtube.com/watch?v=HK_tNFzXmmI

I don’t speak third world so what makes that vegetable charcoal? It looks like regular hardwood charcoal.
Also you should use a charcoal chimney so much easier than all that shit he did.

Attached: 69432B53-8FD0-4649-9B24-0D7271B1097A.jpg (600x600, 60K)

>propane and propane accessories.

My nigger...

Attached: image.jpg (512x384, 32K)

>hardwood charcoal
I think that's the correct translation, I didn't knew the translation for "Carbon Vegetal"

Also, I personally use a charcoal chimney, or just make a charcoal pyramid when I don't have access to one

I like you, Mexibro. You make cool threads a murican can appreciate with with statistics and information and funny Mexican phrases and spellings.

we normally put a piece of "Ocote wood" under the charcoal pyramid, and then light it up

it is basically the same as using a charcoal chimney, but you get your hands fucking dirty while stacking up each charcoal

Attached: Lump-Charcoal1.jpg (650x365, 170K)

Propane is cheap.

When you grill out at the park, you have to pay the man and bitch about the price like any good American.

A bag of charcoal like that is about 8 bucks in the states.

well, those were big wholesale bags, you got a deal.

angelfire.com/80s/shobhapardeshi/twelvesided.html

Surprisingly, angelfire still exists!

15 lb bag of Kingsford Blue is about 8-9 dollars usually.

And I'm sure a lot of Kingsford Blue will be used up today.

Attached: 1419264007052.png (703x704, 378K)

Nigga just make charcoal, do you have trees nearby? Primitive Technogy, look it up.

Make your own using maplewood. Nothing compares, especially when smoking or filtering moonshine. Its not hard.

Tell all your friends about how expensive things are in America and that they'd never wanna live here.

The cost is only cus it's American. Kingsford is literal sawdust mixed with lime.

I love my chimney. Three pieces of newspaper and in 20 minutes I have it up to temp (or one beer).

One beer takes 20 minutes?

I can reach about the same time using a charcoal pyramid

what I like about the chimney, is that I could set charcoal to light up, 20 minutes before I run out of charcoal on my grill

then I just throw away the ashes, and pour in the red/white glowing charcoal

I get a better fuel logistics with it

maybe a "Caguama"

"Caguama" is what we called the largest bottle of beer, here in Mexico

>can
>bottle
>large bottle
>caguama

kah-goo-ah-mah
Caguama

Attached: 82bf009ce7476aa700f84badbd781d78--corona-beer.jpg (192x256, 9K)

>kingsford briquettes
>"you can literally eat them!"

Found the basement dwelling sack of depression that's never even looked at a grill for more than 3 seconds.

>Caguama
>940 milli-liters
>31.7852 Oz

Looks like a half growler. Growler is 64 fluid oz.

>Are charcoal briquettes that fucking expensive in the states?
depends where you're buying them, and how big are these 2 bags? but yes

>We live in a society.

Attached: 1530134320959.jpg (1024x1015, 200K)

Natural charcoal, your carbon vegetal, is much better anyway. Briquettes cost more than natural charcoal here too.

Yeah but Kingsford blue is something you can get anywhere and it's the same every time. With that and a WSM you can make some of the best BBQ around.

>especially when smoking or filtering moonshine
most american thing i've read all day

Lol we can buy two bags of kingsford for $8-10 here when they are on sale here

this bag costs like $9 USD

I really don't mind using briquettes or charcoal. I just go for the cheapest one, and that's it.

of course there are some obvious exceptions on charcoal that is just plain awful.

> how is this possible?
Tariffs on American charcoal. And you wonder why the US is pissed off with you fuckers.

there are no tariffs on charcoal

lump charcoal is the best, never fuck with the briquettes those are lame

>We use hickory or oak.
That's not how you spell mesquite.

a bag of kingsford is like $10. I buy the $5 bag

Now it does

Where could I buy "hard coal"? (Anthracite)
I want to try using it for a carne asada

Attached: 1280px-Ibbenbueren_Anthracite.jpg (1280x960, 237K)

that same bag is 15 bucks at my local small town hardware store and what in the holy fuck is VEGETABLE charcoal?

They can be good for long steady smoke sessions. You have to add additional hardwood chunks for flavor

hardwood charcoal

sorry for the mistranslation

>what in the holy fuck is VEGETABLE charcoal?

Attached: badges.jpg (258x195, 12K)

Enjoy your sulphur and other toxic compounds

You can’t use the coal directly. It has to be offset. Like Anthony’s coal fired pizza does it.
Also it just burns really hot it does not really add flavor like hardwoods do.

if I do it, I will upload the video to youtube

I want to try every different type of coal/charcoal

Also stack the dirty grills on rope of the chimney for cleaning by burning it off(curing it also). Just take it off before it gets too hot it will buckle the steel. The chimney charcoal gets so hot you can melt a beer can.

I sometimes wonder if they make those things from wood from abandoned houses or something. I swear I saw a nail in a briquette once.

I really abuse my chimney charcoal
I know I shouldn't pour water on it, but I just love the sound of steam
It is all rusty now, but it still works
and it also prevents any possible accidents with my dog

You can also make your own charcoal with a 2 55 gallon drums. Put the wood in one drum and seal it(as best you can with a old drum). Cut the other drum down so you can start a fire in the bottom and put the sealed drum on top. Plenty of YouTube videos on it.
I live in Pennsylvania where coal is cheap but so is the charcoal.

in my case, charcoal is very cheap
coal is hard to get, specially if it is high grade coal

>CHARCOAL BRIQUETTE

obligatory post

youtube.com/watch?v=tqwaPyQyE54

They go on sale a few times a year for $10 for 50 lbs. Just stock up then.

My only regret is I did not buy the one with bottoms release. I have to turn it over to dump it. It can be tricky when it sounds like a jet engine and getting near it burns your hands.

That's called lump charcol, that's what I use when I use charcol.

Protip: Weigh your charcol.

They're usually a bit expensive if you don't shop deals.

However, around the holidays they often have two packs sealed together for like $14.88 at Walmart.

Sometimes special deals as low as $10.

But if you just buy them off the shelf without caring, yeah, it's like $6 for a tiny bag.

a 15 lb bag is $8 normal price, or $0.54/lb
wood chunk charcoal is half the price at 30 lb for $8, or $0.27/lb

'Murica

Attached: Kingsford.jpg (1046x872, 359K)