EU rejects copyright proposal (with "article 13")

As expected from the EU.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 17.36.15.png (910x726, 815K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/7/5/17535874/eu-copyright-law-article-11-13-rejected-first-vote
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you do realize that the EU parliament is an advisory body with no actual authority right?

well you say that but they nagged most of europe into going along with the refugee acceptance right

No it's not, it literally holds the most legislative power in the EU even after the Council and Commission. It's so funny to see the anti-EU shills try so hard to discredit the parliament because it's actually elected by the people and therefor automatically invalidates their retarded argument that the EU is run by unelected people.

Only council can put a proposals to vote, so if they don't want something it won't be up for discussion, my purple haired friend.
Do I really have to remind you of the last year vote about personal firearms and how it did go?
Time for another transition injection.

That's a good thing brainlet

>EU rejects copyright proposal (with "article 13")
Nobody knows what that even is. Stop making irrelevant threads.

It means Memes that you don't own yourself would be taken off the internet or you would have to pay for the license of uploading it to any website, be it Jow Forums or Twitter or whatever

and jimbo still 56% lol
get fucked mutt

Did you actually think that the cringy shit you sprinkled your post with is funny in any way? But to answer your question, the council is literally comprised of the ELECTED heads of state of every single state in the EU which can only initiate legislation by having a consensus on it, further proving my point that yet another institution in the EU ends up being actually democratically elected and that you're trying to shill your way around that fact and discredit it

>EU rejects copyright proposal
theverge.com/2018/7/5/17535874/eu-copyright-law-article-11-13-rejected-first-vote

>EU
>democracy
Are you alright Bulgaria? Blink twice if you need help.

Stop posting your irrelevant opinions from irrelevant country with irrelevant people who can't wait to get out of their irrelevant lives by escape or death.

People from relevant countries know what it is.

>almost half voted for it

The European Commission did most of the heavy lifting on that didn't they?

>EU council
>initiate legislation

are you retarded?
the EU council has zero legislative power.

The only power in the EU who can initiate legislation is the EU commission. There is even a way where they don't need the parliament to pass legislation.

Oh shit my bad, I mistook the council with the commission. Even then you're literally proving my point even further

>Finally, the European Commission, the executive body of the EU, is accountable to Parliament. In particular, Parliament elects the President of the Commission, and approves (or rejects) the appointment of the Commission as a whole. It can subsequently force the Commission as a body to resign by adopting a motion of censure.

Yeah by getting two thirds of the Parliament to vote in favor of the motion to censure...good luck.

>n-no it doesn't exist because it requires a s-supermajority!

Let's check how this process goes in other examples of superstates in the world, like the USA:
>The House may, by a simple majority vote, impeach a federal official (such as, but not limited to, the president, vice president, or a federal judge). Removal from office (and optional disqualification from any Federal, State or local office) requires a two-thirds supermajority of the Senate.

the people have no say who gets nominated for the commission president in the first place, quite funny for basically the most powerful position in the EU.

Its like the EU bureaucrats can select whoever they want and than "elect" him.

Its also quite funny the people don't have any say in who the commissionaires are and the parliament can only reject a candidate, not nominate one.
So here I give you the choice between pest and cholera, choose wisely.

>the people have no say who gets nominated for the commission president in the first place, quite funny for basically the most powerful position in the EU.
>Its also quite funny the people don't have any say in who the commissionaires are and the parliament can only reject a candidate, not nominate one.
The president is a member of the commission, approved by the Parliament, and those members are nominated by the democratically-elected governments themselves of the member states, each per member state, who are then additionally approved by the Parliament with that Parliament having the power to directly disband the entire Commission. Oh wait I'm literally repeating myself from a post above because you intentionally ignored what I already wrote to push your D&C anti-EU agenda.