EU's shitty internet censorship BTFO!

Europoor here, tis' a time of celebration!

The stupid new EU directive, that contained the notorious "Articles 11 and 13", DID NOT PASS THE PARLIAMENT's VOTE TODAY!

>Great success: Your protests have worked! The European Parliament has sent the copyright law back to the drawing board.
>All MEPs will get to vote on the upload filters and the link taxes September 10–13.

Sauce: saveyourinternet.eu, #SaveYourInternet

I wanna personally thank any /v/irgin bros that helped fight off this monster. Thanks to you, Jow Forums's shitposting and all other Fair Use activities on the interwebs will continue... for now.

But we've only won a fight, not the war. Now let's keep up the pressure to make sure we #SaveYourInternet!

Attached: EU - dawn of a new day.jpg (1200x900, 85K)

amazing. i will celebrate by playing the best game to ever come out of europe: Worms 3

OP here once more, just to clarify what we've achieved so far:

>the final vote this fall will now be PUBLIC, instead of being done in secret with a skeleton crew -> extra pressure from the citizens of the EU.
>the current proposal was shot down and will now be overhauled -> more sensible solutions and wordings ?
>more and more people now know about this directive, and has voiced their concerns to the politicians, who now are pushed to kill the article.

How much will the directive change in the next few weeks ? Remains to be seen.

Attached: yes I like.png (166x166, 13K)

>my Jow Forums lurking and posting continues as usual
Welp, I will literally be here forever huh?
Still glad this did not go through.
First it was SOPA, PIPA, the NN, now this. What will the boomers in the Brussels think of next?

Attached: 1420507930978.jpg (289x350, 87K)

They'll never fucking stop. They're keep rewriting it and presenting it until it passes.

Attached: 1526795567065.png (401x400, 133K)

Pretty interesting how not fucking with the internet seems to be a global value yet every government keeps trying to do it anyways.

Attached: 1476517113124.jpg (1634x1168, 130K)

we did it reddit!

How comes this always happens? Is it just a deliberate buzz to hide something else?

It's for your own good.

steady income and control over the masses > your rights and feelings.

I'd say in this case, it was the other way around: shit like the refugee problems and trade wars between EU and US were used to hide this article 13 shit, so the politicians could start filtering and controlling the information as they please.

The internet is too powerful and must be stopped.

Attached: 1343267916800.jpg (813x475, 65K)

good to hear

Attached: 1529789274440.png (700x700, 158K)

video games

You're going to get moved to Jow Forums like & did.

Attached: penguin crunch.gif (500x596, 16K)

>shitposting
>shit
You will be receiving a visit from officers tomorrow, make sure you have your official swearing documentation ready or you will be facing criminal charges.

Thank you.

I wish that was true

Good.

Not because I think the directive was necessarily bad, but because I think it was detached from reality. There was no way they'd be able to actually implement a functional filter system on their own, not to mention that current technology just isn't as reliable as the directive imagined.

Honestly they need to rewrite it to make the filter a search function that the host need to be able to provide at request from right owners instead.

We seem to have moved from an area where every lawmaker in existence is blind to technology, to an area where lawmakers accept technology but think that it's literally infallible magic.

It feels like people get less enthusiastic about fighting these laws each time they come up. We're getting complacent.

This cancer has been pushed ever since the mid 2000's.

Eventually, it will catch a ride during the perfect political storm and then it will take just as long to reverse it as they spent time lobbying to make it happen, if not twice or five times as long, because nobody with money will fight it and people never work for anything.

>EU BTFO'd once again
Great!
>still no escape from this hell of a site
Fuck!

Attached: .aride.jpg (125x109, 4K)

>There was no way they'd be able to actually implement a functional filter system on their own, not to mention that current technology just isn't as reliable as the directive imagined.
They weren't going to be in charge of filtering, it was the websites themselves that would have to filter everything.

>Honestly they need to rewrite it to make the filter a search function that the host need to be able to provide at request from right owners instead.
They basically have that now with DMCA requests and the algorithms that drive that.

Give it another twenty years and they'll understand technology. Then we'll be absolutely fucked as there won't be anyway of objecting to this shit without looking like you're personally profiting off of lost revenue.

>there won't be anyway of objecting to this shit
Private ownership space satellites with on-board servers and encrypted networking when?

>Kessler syndrome intensifies