Crown Dependencies

>They are not part of the United Kingdom
>They are not officially part of the British Overseas Territories
>They are not member states of the Commonwealth of Nations
>They are not part of the EU, although they are within the EU's customs area.
>They are not sovereign states
>They are considered "territories for which the United Kingdom is responsible"

i thought these meme flags were sovereign states that were under protection of The UK but it turns out they are not lol. what happens in these countries(?lol) Jow Forums ?

Attached: ukcd.jpg (1020x608, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/billionaire-brothers-lose-sark-reform-challenge-1831997.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're basically personal holdings of the Queen/King of the UK and are technically administered by them, rather than the British National Government.

Pirate states

I've seen Guernsey & Jersey posters on here a few times... and occasionally anons from IOM.
I'd like them to get in this thread 2bh and tell us what it's like to live there... IOM looks pretty nice and is like 98% white

Press F to pay respect to Sark, the last feudal state in the world until 2008

Attached: sark-above.jpg (900x593, 64K)

>rather than the British National Government
>Pirate States
take from the wikipedia: "As the Crown dependencies are not sovereign states, the power to pass legislation affecting the islands ultimately rests with the government of the United Kingdom."
i wonder if our government has shipped any muslims to them

what happened in 2008 ? they joined Guernsey ?

Who are the Knights of Malta and what do they have to do with Malta? I always thought that was a weird place. Is it a crown dependency too ?

Attached: Nelson-Mandela.jpg (700x700, 126K)

Used to be, not anymore.

maybe they keep all the world's secrets in places like that, that'd be cool

the knights of malta are actually in italy like the vatican city

they are descended from the Hospitaliers who controlled malta in the middle ages

They are apart of the catholic church

Two London billionaires wanted one of these islands since they are virtually sovereign states, so they pointed out to the European Convention on Human Rights that there was still a feudal state in Europe. Sark had to hold elections and won the old feudal lord

>Two London billionaires
any idea who they were ?
>the old feudal lord
who was that ? a Sark native ? do you have a link to something I can read about this ?

Now that I think about it, the Vatican is an absolute theocratic monarchy, but nobody gives a shit

Barclay brothers

This is the first google result I've found
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/billionaire-brothers-lose-sark-reform-challenge-1831997.html

Not much happens here

>independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/billionaire-brothers-lose-sark-reform-challenge-1831997.html

It's a good example of how the rich use ((democracy)) to put who they want in charge.

F
Modern politics are cancerous. Bring back feudalism.

what's the ethnicity of the population like ?

Probably full of foreigners there for low taxes or something. Small states like that always are.

Very largely white with increasing numbers of Eastern Euros and some SEAs

Most foreigners are poor and come here for menial jobs. The big corporations get the tax breaks and they mostly staff locals

They are exclusively for laundering money.

It’s the British way

what is it like politically ? ... does it have lefties who think Guernsey should take in refugees lol (for example) or is everyone patriotic? also, is the population mostly young, old or a mix ?

How many of them are there compared to actual natives?
Even if they're white, it's not good for them to replace the people who've been there for so long.

They’re Opis Dei. The real people that run the world. The Jews are just their pawns

Tax Evasion

i've seen shit like this mentioned before referring to IOM... is there any proof ?

Gotta say that not many people really care about island politics (me included) and I've been spending most of my time off island at uni recently so I couldn't tell you the current climate. But most of the deputies are what I guess you could call "patriotic"... They like to give local people the advantage. For instance, there are separate housing markets for locals and rich old people coming here to retire.
It's a small percentage. Again I'm not really sure where the States stand on immigration right now.

London is and always has been, the money laundering capital of the world. These Crown Dependencies are used by the landed gentry to avoid paying tax to the public purse, which was once paid directly to the Crown, but that went to shit when Cromwell cucked the King

do you know the general age of the population ?
ah, true

i want an IOM poster to come in here and tell us what the land of manx is like

>arr-rrrghhh
Letters of marque. Think the island status lets them claim it's a ship and subject to admiralty law (i.e. Make it up as you go along). It's interesting to watch the uk government THUNDER about tax havens then a-hem about what the crown considers normal business practice.

Lots of 60+, people like to retire here. Immigrating families are helping to prop up the lower ages, but the average age remains somewhat higher than the mainland

Living there is like living anywhere else. The magic comes in the way capital inflows are ignored. If you work in Tescos that's gonna mean jack shit to you and your situation. If you have to "liberate" multi-millions if not billions from corporate structures round the world it's literally the difference between jail and "who me?".

makes sense, they had way more influence and resources than the jew bankers for way longer

Does the IOM have a different tax and regulatory structure to the uk? If so, does it use it to pull in money that would fall foul of uk tax and regulatory laws? There was a recent article on the BBC covering just such a restructuring of IOM law to make it "more responsive to the global financial markets"

interesting... but what i really want to know is what the country is like on a ground level from someone living there

bump

one more bump

bump for interest