WHO launches health review after microplastics found in 90% of bottled water

>WHO launches health review after microplastics found in 90% of bottled water

How do we as humanity deal with the fact that plastics fuck up with our hormones and will eventually kill all population growth?

theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/15/microplastics-found-in-more-than-90-of-bottled-water-study-says

Attached: 20180706_012811.jpg (4128x2322, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfiltration
biology.stackexchange.com/questions/2250/death-because-of-distilled-water-consumption
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What are water filters
/thread

a filter for a plastic bottle filled with water?

Water filters don't remove microplastics.

>Buy plastic water bottle
>Empty out water
>Rinse it out with filtered water
>Fill it with filtered water
>Reuse when empty

But a glass bottle and fill it with tap water. It's astoundingly easy if you're not lazier than i am (if you are then god help you)

Buy*

>put filtered water back into plastic bottle
>move around
>the plastic is back in water

You shouldn't paying 500x for bottled water to begin with.

Attached: eru dark elf.png (2907x3907, 3.55M)

I do that but tap water also has plastics in it.

>Water filters don't remove microplastics.
Because the walls of the filters are also plastic.

What kind of bullshit is that? Black people don't have blonde hair.

Start using glass bottles more

>The study has not been published in a journal and has not been through scientific peer review.

why is the mainstream media failing? I just can't figure out why??

hemp based plastics instead of oil
henry ford figured it out a long time ago

It's a cartoon user, it's not supposed to be realistic

Also read

Not really, it's because a filter good enough to remove microplastics would distill the water. Distilled water is poison.

filters are like magnets, not even scientists know how they work
>canadian eduction

Why are their so much more chemicals that mimic estrogen compared to chemicals that mimic testosterone? Is it possible to create a chemical like plastic that is strong and light except has xenotestosterones instead of xenoestrogens? Otherwise I just use glass, metal, or ceramic.

yes they do, the bits of plastic are large compared to what they can filter

does this explain why leftists are so crazy now, or is it something else?

Are 3 liters of water a day the right amount? These glass bottles are kind of heavy.

Attached: 20180706_014305.jpg (1720x3043, 2.1M)

>not carrying around a 5l glass jug of water on a sling on your back.
Get on my levels plebs.

Attached: 1528752318455.png (800x600, 513K)

>95% are particles between 6.5–100 um in size

what is microfiltration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfiltration

which is already used in water filtration

also
>Tested 259 individual bottles

useless study.

>Distilled water is poison
Jesus christ. This shit will never die.

maybe thats the problem with onions

>Not really, it's because a filter good enough to remove microplastics would distill the water. Distilled water is poison.

Attached: 1527707091979.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

It literally is due to osmotic pressure. For fucks sake learn some basic biology.

You don't have to bring 3 with you, glass bottles are meant to be re-usable. Doesn't have to be that thick and heavy with that type of closing mechanism, can be a somewhat thin bottle with a cap

I mean... just

fuck the msm

Attached: WHO launches health review after microplastics found in 90 of bottled water Environment The Guardian (767x137, 37K)

All of my water bottles say BPA free doesn't that mean I'm safe?

But yes, I see your argument on glass being exceptionally heavier than plastic. What about stainless steel bottles?

it's all of it
>plastics
>onions
>antidepressants
>city water pipes leaching
all of this fucks with the test/est ratio and even one of these things can be enough to massively alter biochemistry
many Americans are exposed to all of them which means if you didn't start out as at least marginally high test you're at risk

poor little beta fucks didn't have a chance

Attached: 1501743340629.jpg (680x969, 252K)

It has to be thick because I carry them around with a laptop in the same backpack. I don't want my bottles to wet my thinkpad.

little chaos seeds

You will never reach the point of haemolysis by drinking distilled water. Intravenous injection is an entirely different setting. Maybe you should try to learn some "advanced" biology

Are they really waterproof? I'd say that water will damage iron sooner or later and can grab ions from the bottle and into water. Also, never saw cheap steel bottles in here.

Unless you go to a place where you can't refill your bottles, 1 glass bottle is not that much in weight, the heaviest thing is the water (1 kilo)

what does my cum have to do with this?

Attached: 1528108930818.jpg (1024x678, 221K)

Buying a good stainless steel bottle instead of a plastic one is like buying ceramic plates instead of plastic ones. You buy it once and use it forever instead of wasting your money in an almost tax-like fashion.

Everything decays eventually but it will take months if not years

You will destroy your kidneys idiot.
Do you even know how the loop works?

Attached: 20120711092037!Kidney_nephron.png (602x600, 50K)

get a leather water skin
it's light flexible and natural

Titanium bottle man.

>What about stainless steel bottles?
I wouldn't do it. Chromium inbetween metallic grains can actually "dissolve" and contaminate your water. Chromium is carcinogenic and therefore not healthy.
Just use glass. It is the safest option

Attached: worst-superpower-ever.jpg (400x400, 69K)

I'd really like to see a study on diet and political belief.

That's what I said from the start, but he argues that it's heavier and harder to transport

I have two degrees in biology, it is possible for pure water to be poisonous if you drink gallons of it until your blood's salt concentration drops, but that's like calling sunlight or oxygen poisonous. Calling distilled water poisonous is pretty obscenely ignorant.

Take the pottery pill, Jow Forums.

Attached: Clay.jpg (700x420, 122K)

Good idea, that is if most people could afford 1 liter titanium bottles.

Fuck, these bottles really are heavy.

Attached: 20180706_015655.jpg (4128x2322, 2.65M)

Distill your water niggers. It's the only way.

Attached: 304-stainless-steel-110v-220v-Best-Home-pure-Water-Distiller-machine-distillation-Purifier-equipment (640x640, 48K)

It actively steals minerals from your blood retard.

>Are 3 liters of water a day the right amount?
You should be shooting for 6.

A titanium canteen is a bit over 100.00$, even a neet could afford one. A water bottle isn't much more than that.

Plastics are a good source of fiber.

>that name
No image cane convey my disgust.

>It literally is due to osmotic pressure. For fucks sake learn some basic biology.
[CITATION NEEDED]

It's a 0.5 kilo difference between a glass bottle and a plastic bottle. I wouldn't say it's that much heavier

I don't measure in Euranistan

> I only drive water I can get from a naturally occuring well that I can dig with my hands in my general vicinity after testing the soil for fluoride content
In all seriousness I drink 2L a day out of glass bottles from a pro-pure reverse osmosis anti-fluoride water filter and now my dick is 2inches bigger.

>You will destroy your kidneys
[CITATION NEEDED]

>You will destroy your kidneys idiot.
If you drink a lot of distilled water (somewhere between 15 and 20 litres). If your kidneys are working properly you will never be able to drink enough water to actually damage your kidneys. I mean you could try, but I wouldn't be able to drink just 15 litres of distilled water to create a huge imbalance regarding electrolytes.

In America you have a perfect point. In Eurozone not as much

>It actively steals minerals from your blood retard.
[CITATION NEEDED]

I have a thermos but it's even larger than the bottle. Shit ratio, plus it has plastic elements.

Attached: 20180706_020036.jpg (1852x2172, 1.85M)

>A titanium canteen is a bit over 100.00$
What's wrong with glass?

This doesn't sound correct at all.

pure h2o is poisonous for the reason you just mentioned, it just happens quicker. its illegal to sell pure h2o to the public, im sure you can sell it to a lab

6 is the right amount for a camel maybe. 2 liters would be just about right

By drinking distilled water on regular basis you will fuck them up within one week tops.

don't actually do that
chances are you'll end up with diabetes

get a reverse osmosis water filter and stainless steel water bottle
eat real meat from real farms
grow vegetables

biology.stackexchange.com/questions/2250/death-because-of-distilled-water-consumption

You urban retards just can't win

Sent via rural intellectual with a well

Attached: download (3).jpg (225x225, 9K)

>he STILL doesn't know about the gyaru elves
lmao

Wait is steel or glass better?

under attack from all sides

theyre both fine but steel wont smash if you drop it

Glass 100%.

Stainless =/= stainPROOF just stain-less. Glass in one of the least reactive materials in the world

>Stainless =/= stainPROOF just stain-less

Attached: thonk.png (1200x992, 144K)

mushy headed brainlet BTFO'd

distilled and deionized water are both a health risk if consumed in moderate quantities.
Even a couple of glasses will cause gastric problems, low pressure issues and in some rare cases even cramps
Mostly however, you'll have mouth, throat and tongue partially irritated for quite a long time. It could also cause some more severe problems with organ swelling if more than a liter is consumed.

Just eat healthy and you will keep your electrolytes in balance.
Well "pure" H2O is hard to get, because as soon as it comes into contact with our normal air CO2 will dissolve.
>"I googled and found this somewhere"
Nice source. Again: drinking distilled water in normal amounts won't be lethal, when you eat properly. Intraveneous injections with distilled water will kill you.

Except obvs have to wash the glass bottles so mold don't grow etc. Okay cheers.

Do you know how much toxic shit goes into making leather?

Neither will glass unless you drop it from a top of a building or it's as thin as a coin

It will stain eventually, just after quite some time

Mold grows on stainless steel as well

According to wiki Copper is good and cheaper than silver, gold and platinum.

Attached: Set_of_hammered_copper_water_bottle_and_matching_copper_tumbler.jpg (800x616, 295K)

It does rust however

6.5micron is huge, most cheap backpacking filters can filter down to 0.1 micron.

Use cups, don't put your saliva into the bottle. You pour boiled water into the bottle and it will remain sterile for a longtime.

Sorry, corrode, not rust.

Plenty of rusted stainless steel guns

Have you ever had to work outside all day? Wildland firefighters in the US are required to begin the day with 6 liters on their person. In the 60's the Israeli army conducted a scientific expedition across the Nagev desert region on foot. They concluded that that every personal in field operation was required to have 1 liter for every single hour they were in field. They then went on to win the 6 day war in spectacular fashion. It was one of the most one-sided and decisive conflicts in recorded history. And most of the retreating arab armies were lost in the desert due to dehydration. I also was in a class taught by a US marine sniper who reaffirmed that a normal adult male can process no more that on liter per hour. This has also been reaffirmed by scooby who is an advocate of excessive hydration. This has also been my personal experience having studied water extensively for several years. Having been drinking 90% distilled for over a year.

Attached: Scooby+is+the+natty+king+bow+down+plebs+_40b9cfabdd4ddede394459eb3d1d4481.jpg (715x1000, 42K)

>By drinking distilled water on regular basis you will fuck them up within one week tops.
[CITATION NEEDED]

>not drinking exclusively from a personal stainless steel water bottle impermeable to any plastics micro or otherwise

Attached: 1509837946873.jpg (256x259, 42K)

But is your water plastic free?

there is a difference between fighting in the Negev than going to work in Poland, won't you agree?

And good for you man, unironically.

I just told you the bottle is impermeable to plastics
of course the water will be plastic free

idiot.