Friday night bible study:

Friday night bible study:
>The doubting Thomas and the rock on which the church was built.

Thomas is famous for his doubt, though one was greater in his doubt in scripture. Thomas sought tangible evidence to alleviate his doubts, while Peter sought authority to calm his nerves.

To be a doubting Thomas is in no way a negative, to be called such is teasing rather than pejorative; it is the teasing of a teacher who knows more than you and hopes to engage your psyche in a defensive/reflexive pose so that when adequate information is provided you are all the more receptive to it.

Not so for the doubting Peter, the rock on which faith is built. Peter required authority for his faith, and faltered nonetheless when walking on water.

Have you not trusted an authority only to be let down, crashing beneath the water you thought you could transverse?

Are you atheist? Thou art Peter. You yearn for the authority which only God can provide but doubt it even in the face of the miraculous. You seek supplementation of God’s divine authority with that which is not based on faith. Indeed, you even come to hate God, whose authority you deem capricious.

And on you, dear atheist, God will build his church; one way or another. It may take much time, But your constant doubt of authority will wear thin on your sanity in this modern world once you abandon God, while you still seek truth. You will realize first agnosticism, as your authorities have no validation for their atheistic claims. Then inevitably deism. From there, the elect among you will seek God relentlessly, desireing to know what this authority desired in the manifestation of your reality. What was his goal? His purpose? His will?
Why are we here?

You will become a doubting Thomas out of your self-made cocoon of Peter. You may not recognize your desire for authority, but you will transcend it to require evidence, to seek experiences which confirm or deny your beliefs given to you by a perceived authority.

Attached: 9F9B5AEB-8DE0-4BAD-A82A-EF1322360109.jpg (540x1198, 78K)

Bump

Please don’t namefag in my Christian thread.

Attached: 4B9AEB4E-8EB1-4A1B-B2C3-B61343812B82.jpg (333x326, 25K)

Fuck off. Reported.

Christ promised to build his church on this rock. (((Irony))) would have it that the only people on the planet to claim they are the true church of Christ submit to ultimate authority of mortal men.

Should any of them by accident open a Bible, it would quickly become clear that their authorities have taught them to mock and betray Christ rather than praise and follow him.

The question becomes: who is your authority? A doubting Thomas will inevitably come to the truth, but a doubting Peter can be ensnared by satanic authority due to his values.

So how does one become Thomas? One must eschew earthly authority, as anyone who claims Christ is king must do. More than that, even the stalwart atheist in pursuit of truth must realize it doesn’t rest in men, as they are at best carriers of truth; and at worst, prone to self-serving lies.

Do you pursue truth? From whence does it come? Can you find truth in another with certainty? Is it demonstrable fact or mere opinion? You do seek authority and truth, right? You would discard a perceived authority in discordance with truth, right?

What DO you seek? That is the question.

I-...er... thanks for the bumps?

Bump for more comfy Jesus posting. King of kings

Thank you brother. It’s sad how recently it is hard to keep these threads posted.

Could I pray for you? Would you like a general prayer?

I’m compelled to elucidate:

>5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

>6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Please remove your name. This is a Christian thread.

Oh user, I need lots of help turning away from sin lately. (Of the heart) thanks brother!

And I do as well. We are born in sin. If you would pray for me as user, I would enjoy your permission to pray for you as “mous”.

May I pray for you? In that name or the name of your choosing? I would be honored to pray for you as well.

>I would be honored for you to pray for me as well***

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Of course! Ill have you in my prayers as well. Thank you user!

Attached: 1512792757982.png (1280x809, 336K)

This is the crux of tonight’s topic. Thomas had trouble lacking understanding, while Peter questioned “his own heart” and faltered.

As Christians we undoubtedly experience both of these. We question our understanding and our faith. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, so long as we seek truth. This is the common thread between the two stories, Thomas sought truth while Peter needed authority but found truth.

The synthesis is that seeking truth is the answer, a perceived authority’s not a true authority if they don’t speak truth.

I would love to pray personally for you. If not, I’ll offer a general prayer of my own.

It's Thursday night you dumb fucking Christcuck

>when the godless have no knowledge of time zones.
Can you even imagine hating God AND science? What a pitiable state.

>American flag in OP
>says Friday night
I can't imagine hating science, but you sure can certain imagine

It’s Friday, it is night. Why hide behind thin veils?

If you have strength to profess, do so.

To add:
>I can’t imagine hating science.
Read the OP and define science. We can proceed from there.

bump

Thank you for the bump, but please contribute.

Do you have a story? A warning? Please share.

Attached: 681B9B04-52C6-4F0A-8F64-9CEB31EFA477.jpg (1600x1200, 286K)

This may sound silly, but pray for my gainz. I'm trying to get as fit as possible.

Was
Give me a name. It doesn’t have to be your given name, just the name you give yourself.