Explain Trumps desire for a trade war

is there imbalance in trade? is USA losing out to competing economies? does Trump have a legitimate grievance or is he just trolling? what is the 4D chess gameplay here?

Attached: U-S-Pres-Trump-and-Chinese-Pres-Xi.jpg (590x331, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/177696950
youtube.com/watch?v=feU7HT0x_qU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

China's had tariffs on the US the whole time while the US hasn't had them on China. You figure it out

US median household income stagnated after China joined the WTO, Trumps policies are aimed at lifting the middle and lower class at the expense of the investor (boomer) class

so why is he going after Germany too?

There is no trade war other than the countries he's responding to have started.

Angela Merkel and Germany’s staunch role in the EU.

you're an export nation
Trump is trying to level the playing field, even if you have a comparative advantage
it's strategically important to have a domestic precision manufacturing base, and only two countries have them - Germany and China

>so why is he going after Germany too?

This

Saul Alinksy's "Rules for Radicals" rule #4:
>Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.

Attached: 9867342.gif (400x299, 2.36M)

how is exporting a product people want to buy 'starting a trade war'?

Eu has tariffs on Us but Us doesnt on eu. Also its to fuck germany and the eu. Also checked

I'm not following what your point is. China puts tariffs on all our shit. It's basically impossible to even sell and american car there. Why is responding to this called "a trade war". It's like you're saying "fighting off a rapist is an assault". Doesn't even make sense.

Attached: ###.jpg (460x430, 20K)

I cbf looking up the exact figures, but lets say that the US has a $100Bn trade deficit with the chinks.

That equates to $100Bn in goods and services that the US is importing from China rather than producing within the country.

That equates to tens of thousands of jobs for chinks rather than US workers.

That is why Trump is trying to rebalance trade.

Now sure, the PRICE of a new TV is cheaper, but the COST is a dying middle class.

Attached: 1519020390699.png (352x315, 260K)

You're in the EU right faggot? Use your phenomenal European "education" to add that up you fucking retard.

DONT LOOK AT THIS THE MODS AREN'T HIDING IT OR NETHING

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/177696950

Nobody in this thread knows what the fuck is going on apparently. The issues are these:

1. China is basically reverse engineering the entire world at the moment. They steal as much technology as they can. The biggest problem is they constantly try to hack into US companies, and they face no consequences.

2. We basically bankrolled China's rise because US businessmen set up factories in China to make cheap products for export to the US market rather than having US workers make them. This led to a huge trade imbalance and the rise of China.

Trump is trying to undo both of these with tariffs. He may be successful after surprisingly China entered a bear market after the start of a trade war, but unless China backs off in the next month, there will be significant pain felt in the US markets. The reason being is the banks are overlevereged and have high debt in the US markets right now, and if equities drop just a little bit, they will start going bankrupt like in 2008.

Attached: download.jpg (197x256, 5K)

Previous governments allowed other nations to take America for a ride, Trump said no more.

This should explain it

Attached: BA6498B3-545A-4F0A-80BC-A2E8987ABCE3.jpg (1125x1377, 386K)

My phenomenal European "education" tells me what Trump is doing makes no sense. Hes going to destabilize the global economy so some deskilled retard in bumfuck Arkansas can get a minimum wage job? On the other hand USA exporting shit people wanted to buy makes a lot more sense, its what everyone else is doing.

While that's all true, normies like OP need their little ideas debunked with the easiest flow of logic their little minds can process.

Give me the quick rundown

in other words USA can't compete, doesn't want to compete by manufacturing what the global economy wants and Trump wants to rig the system.

the us loost in trade the US runs a import economy while ti also secures the traderouts of everyone in exchange for that nato countrys made pro us trade agreements but now nato is less needed and the countrys made more and more selish trade agreements basicly ripping of the us while the US has to maintain its military for the Global trade routs to be safe

>My phenomenal European "education" tells me what Trump is doing makes no sense. Hes going to destabilize the global economy so some deskilled retard in bumfuck Arkansas can get a minimum wage job? On the other hand USA exporting shit people wanted to buy makes a lot more sense, its what everyone else is doing.

My education (real life) has shown me that when you stop giving people free stuff they throw their toys out of the cot

hahaha you build pencils in your country get fucked

American student tortured to death by Chinese government at a Japanese University in an international program. American student warned that the system of free trade would fall apart. Chinese did not like what he was saying and used mob and torture tactics to silence American student, saying that he “couldn’t compete.” They all share a toast to the murder of the American student.

Free trade regime then falls apart. But they continue to push for America to join parasitic trade deals designed to impoverish the west.
What else do you want to know?

and neet retards like you are buying a lot of them

Attached: _98055150_eu_import_chart_640_v1-nc.png (640x623, 29K)

When America was created, the Benjamin Franklin circles/ associates, actively poached leading European industrialists and scientists to work in America. They created tariffs/ import duties to protect the new American industries from the British empire dumping cheap goods onto America. Literally the reason America wasn't crushed by the empire was the tariff system. You can read about it from Alexander Hamiltons Report on Manufacturers, as well as Franklins work. Trump is doing exactly the right thing to restore the US economy.
You think America can't compete, but the system is clearly unfair and stacked against America. If everyone has tariffs, America crushes the world in terms of innovation and productivity.
You don't understand this as your country is a beneficiary of the reverse system - you have destroyed European industry via political means, crushed European buinesses in order to create a Europe-wide client state for German industry.

Please redpill on why the US will win this trade war and won't have any repercussions, Reddit keeps telling me Trump doing this will be the end of the world.

There are repercussions either way. If Trump carried on the neo-liberal agenda, America would die. The repercussions are either America wins or China does. Liberals would rather China become the world super power, and presumably hope they treat Americans better than their own serfs, which clearly wouldn't be the case.

According to reddit the world should have been annihilated by this time last year because he's hitler and orange. Don't ever listen to reddit. The US will probably win because it's the big swinging dick and everyone else is scared like little bitches. There will be repercussions though.

the eternal "we woz robbed" mentality of the island ape

>You think America can't compete, but the system is clearly unfair and stacked against America. If everyone has tariffs, America crushes the world in terms of innovation and productivity.

nobody forced USA to deindustrialize, offshore production and GIVE UP on making products that people want in a global market. thats right the USA GAVE UP, they weren't denied or robbed of this opportunity by anyone, they just decided not to do it. What Trump is doing is doubling down on that failure, rather than doing the capitalist thing- innovating and producing what the market wants.

Amusingly following that retarded example of deindustrialization, service economy and offshoring was the UK, which explains the shit your economy is also in.

Thats it. Im buying from Chiyna from now on

Well mostly who the student was and why it wasn't reported on.

Does China even have a chance to win this shit? Their economy seems weak as fuck.

Reddit is probably filled with bots and shit like that, it seems really bizarre to think Americans hate their country the way Redditors do.

rich elites made America gave up its great position
Trump is doing the American thing.

it is funny if it were the other way around trump faggots would spout their shit here how the others were just too dumb to produce quality products.

Attached: 1526188334845.png (587x209, 37K)

Big scandal and the school wants to cover it up. Professors, school, Chinese diplomats, etc. all have reputations to protect. Everyone else who knows about it won’t say anything, because they would just get targeted by the Chinese too, and what would saying anything about it do? It was psychological torture so it’s too hard to prove.

The American was just a graduate student.

Attached: 1503613351537.png (661x398, 57K)

How do you know of it then?

I was the student. I’m still alive, but I’m basically already dead

I’m walking around Tokyo so my tag keeps changing.

just bend the fucking knee kraut
you cannot compete

China has pretty much declared cultural,economic war on the west. Being a communist nation it's what animals do.

Slavs: please teach us your ways at ridding the communist filth

>pic related, this book breaks down all the communist shot happening in Aus

Attached: download.jpg (183x275, 13K)

shit*

True. They tried to secretly kill me so....yes they are at war with the west.

Meanwhile American's can't stop bickering about gender pronouns...

Peter Zeihan has it down, I suspect for now.

youtube.com/watch?v=feU7HT0x_qU

Trump is a some next levels of autistic but nobody cares because fuck LGBT social justice snowflakes amirite guys.

China might be a communist nation, but atleast they're less invasive than the west. And their culture is better.

Hope the west collapses.

It's covert soft washing that pushes that shit to numb the masses

>less invasive
>turning Australia. New Zealand, and Canada into hivemind satellites
>regularly disguise themselves as Japanese citizens and protest changing article 9 to prevent Japan from re-arming
>has trucks that drive around Japan shouting anti-American propaganda on loud speaker

Now picture Western countries in Africa and the middle east.

Clearly China is the lesser evil here.

>provide Africa with billions in aid, infrastructure, schools, culture, medicine, food
you're right about the middle east though

as for China, see Tibet, Xinjiang, and the south China sea. China uses a different form of genocide where they simply outbreed indigenous populations.

The slavs are already in Australia we were imported after world war 2. ..
We are just waiting for now.

First he lowered the corp tax rate hoping that businesses would raise wages. they didnt. Then he made it harder for them to Import workers on the cheap so they would be forced to raise wages. They didn't. So now he is imposing Tariffs to really force them off their asses and either raise wages or die by a thousand cuts as small businesses will run circles around the bigs.

That book I mentioned explains how they have a whole generation of chink locust communities who listen to the Chinese embassies and act on their info.

When a opposing/dissenting opinion occurs. They do mass protests and all that crazy shit.

Read the shit on Falun Gong and how any chink that practices it is convicted and recycled for their organs.

The objective is fair trade. The current system favors some at the expense of others and impoverishes countries to enrich merchants. If fair trade is considered war so be it. Merchants will lose sovereign countries will win.

Well the slave will get surrounded by these fuckers. They have Chatswood,Rhodes, Ryde, strathfield, Ashfield and many more.

Motherfuckers every country has had tariffs on the us while we've had none.

Slav*

The US under Trump is attempting to reign in the abuse by other nations. These so-called globalists only practice this bullshit when their trading partner's security is on the line. (See any EU nation, China, Canada or Mexico's tariffs on US goods prior to any steel or alluminum tariffs)

Once the US imposed tariffs on steel and aluminum for national security reasons, several nations retaliated. Which the US has left unchecked, and for good reason. The US will likely not respond to EU, Canada, and Mexico by imposing further tariffs, but by filing a grievance in the WTO and further diminishing said countries credibility on trade matters, as they did not challenge the US assertion that steel and aluminum are national security interests of the US via the WTO as required by law; they just retaliated. It was a very rookie mistake by those nations.

China, on the other hand, has ineffectively responded to US concerns in the WTO regarding IP theft, and other matters.

The end game is to effectively leave the WTO and negotiate with countries separately, and on a case-by-case basis. Shoring up these nations will effectively lead to less barriers for US entry into other markets, while also protecting our own.

See pic related, it basically shows the decline of US output. However, it can be misleading as it does not account for the US services industry, which we dominate. The domination by the US is due to ingenuity meeting opportunity, not because we're treating our so-called allies like shit.

Trump is a dipshit imo, and I did not vote for him, but this is some clever shit. Couple this with shutting down the immigration bullshit in the US, we'll have rising wages coinciding with increased output.

What most people don't realize, is the US is the global economy. We consume their rubbish, we don't need to sell them a fucking thing. We were just suckered into lower prices of goods while sending the American Dream down the toilet.

Attached: IMG_0071.jpg (599x304, 54K)

>forcefully colonize african land for 30 years
>conscript africans to fight for your wars
>devide land thats not yours

The only good thing that came of it is that France is getting fucked because of it. The Brits had it coming aswell. And they ended up giving it up in the end.

Tibet is a small spot compared to a distabalized middle east.

I know, I experienced it. These fucking chinks probably got an order and the okay from the Chinese embassy to carry out torture tactics against me.

That's the thing with these top-down authoritarian structures, who the fuck knows how high the order came from. And they can mobilize everyone along the bottom of the chain.

The King-Chink at the school who tried to kill me was probably answering to some greater-Chink, who themselves was answering to a hyper-chinklord.

>Logic
This was your first mistake.

Some slavs are from the balkans. ..
We're used to being surrounded. .
We're used to being pressured. .
We're used to letting it boil in a small bottle through multi generations until the literal devil is unleashed. .
the chinks can't have Australia because I said.

Lobby from those who have something to lose with international competition. Mainly primary sector (coal and steel) and other domestic oriented businesses.

He really is good at making money for himself.

Peter Zeihan is either a voluntary shill for the USA out of "patriotism" or he's straight up blackmailed by an alphabet to not use his position of an influential geopolitical speaker to shittalk the US government and discredit it the same way he discredits everyone else in his talks. Same with George Friedman, don't listen to anything those people say other than the tiny bits that don't sound biased

You can be sure we've had bad terms negotiated by politicians incentivized to sell out. Terms which may not have even necessarily benefited either country so much as third party entities. "Trade war" followed by an amicable settlement benefits everyone with long term peace.

Right we should listen to the Chinese government and Americans who only criticize their own country.

You don't seem to have clue either other usual obnoxious narcissistic American idiotic mindset.

>Trump is trying to undo both of these with tariffs.
>unless China backs off in the next month, there will be significant pain felt in the US markets.
At least 1/3 ~ 1/2 of Chinese goods Trump want to tariff are actually belong to Americans or Western companies. You're basically increasing the tax of your own companies and the prices in your own market.

>they will start going bankrupt like in 2008.
You mean like American companies and banks in 2008? Because China was one of few countries which didn't suffer too much from the financial crisis caused by America.

>Legitimate grievance
He was triggered when (((journalists))) said he was weak on trade by negotiating with China.

So now thanks to these (((journos))) we're all going to have the trade war we had to have.

A person who realizes both flaws and strenghts of their country is worth listening to, rather than someone spouting patriotic propaganda thinking hes fooling anyone.

>You're basically increasing the tax of your own companies and the prices in your own market.
So what? The point is to prevent companies from offshoring to China. This is better in the long-run since China simply sets up adjacent parasite firms to eat American technology.

>Americans who only criticize their own country.
I guess you must be teaching English and forgot to watch news and internet when Americans are constantly, endlessly criticizing and demonizing China/Chinese, even on this shitty weebsite? Perhaps you want go back to teach English.

don't you fucking touch my dairy exports or I swear to god I'll

Good

It need to be known... I think it's not going well here

Oh yes, Drumpf gets triggered by everything the MSM says because le thin skinned meme
Every single one of their hundreds of daily shrieking diatribes deeply impacts him and shapes our policy
kys retard

Attached: 1522481085006.jpg (1002x857, 69K)

It depends on the priority. If we're looking at pure efficiency alone in the long run its inefficient. If however your rationale is self sufficiency then tariffs will give an incentive to produce domestically but the cost of production will be higher and you run the risk of producing inferior substitutes (eg Soviet Union).

Has the ship of Mercantilism sailed? Probably not but it would seem like a very expensive policy to implement, for everyone.

American academics these days are complete pussies who flagellate themselves and sell guilt for profit. They couldn't even predict Brexit, or Trump, or the TPP being scrapped. They are obsolete and aren't worth listening to anymore.

America is the most open and free market and society and

Oh please. American media would rather support Xi Jinping as the leader of the free world, a fucking communist dictator, than say anything nice about Trump.

Take a look at Chinese media and see if they say anything critical of Xi.

>Taiwan
CCP shill.

>triggered by everything
You are an idiot if you don't realise that he has an image to protect.

>So what?
Yeah, so what? You're just a gaijin/gweilo lives in Japan, it's not like you gonna pay more for your daily goods in America because of Trump's trade war. In fact, I don't care too much either, it's not gonna affect me anyway.

Can't wait to see all the angry tears from our news stations

Attached: 8517C517AD5040A7A14CD0B0C0B98328.jpg (850x1000, 215K)

Trump selectively mocks/ignores the MSM for a number of reasons, none of which involve saving face. His success has largely hinged on it. Just stick your head deep up a wallaby's ass, that way you'll simply be uninformed instead of misinformed.

The thing about the current free trade regime was that it doesn't take into account competing ideologies and political systems. America has been empowering systems with values diametrically opposite to its own. The problem is that by participating in this system, America has become weak and forgotten its identity, meanwhile, nationalist countries based on group identity and who don't care about America have been siphoning away its wealth.

I don't give a fuck about the cost of goods, I will adapt. I care about the world remaining free of the communist scourge, and preventing tyrannical ideologies from taking root and spreading.

Then why is Trump increasing tariffs for the EU and Canada too? When you want to start a trade war, you better not start it with the whole world, or you risk losing it.

They might compensate for the losses by trading more among themselves.

Mate go easy on the Kool-aid you still got to save some for the weekend ya cheeky cunt.
>selectively mocks/ignores
I rest my case.

rest of the world needs us more than we need them

but they are treating us like we need them more than they need us

Trump is going to fix that

>protecting wealth
When you've been speeding along binging on debt based consumption economics nothing short of a fucking train wreck can reverse that trend.

America has all the raw materials they need to keep sustaining themselves indefinitely.

Which is why something was going to explode eventually. So why didn't academics predict this?

The Deutsche mark and other great currencies like ours are gone, US worked hard to implement the trash euro now it's time to start the fucking.

>America doesn't need imports
Finally, someone who gets it.

It's really quite simple.

Attached: 1527845124598.png (772x556, 207K)

>predict
Because the brains that should have realised this are glued to spreadsheets whilst those who can do something are too busy doing electioneering.

As an American, I'm not sure what to think about that. On the one hand, things will get more expensive over there. On the other hand, this will build up US industry and create jobs.

Then why are they importing so much?

Also, they may have resources, but they can't even finance their own country, they all live on debt.

let me guess you get your American news from reddit
again, kys
though it hardly matters, Trump will do as he likes and you will cope. Better hope he knows what he's doing.

Wrong. If the world stops buying your debt, your fantasy economy dream is over, you have to come back to planet earth.

>American jobs and industry
Not a bad idea at all the only problem is you make shitty cars that aren't cheap whereas overseas imports are shitty but they're cheap.

>cope
You lose what little allies you have and might I add we jewed our way out of your tariffs thank you very much and we'll jew you again if we have to.

Attached: the eternal eucalypt.png (1657x2119, 2.95M)