The HR Blight. (Anyone else having problems ewith getting a job?)

I've been having some trouble landing a job — been looking for about 5 months — and been getting nothing back.

Ok, that's a lie: I've gotten three nibbles. One was a non-serious offer/probe, offering ~$40k/yr for a SW developer job (w/ required security clearance), another went with someone else, and the third the hiring manager dropped off the face of the Earth.

Applications, both in my field and "at the local burger-joint" seem to be an utter waste of time; like throwing your resume into a black hole.

Anyone else having trouble finding employment?

Attached: Truth-Box.png (999x442, 169K)

No, because I'm not an uncharismatic whale.

I have recruiters beating my door down... I'm currently employed at just over 6 figures with benefits and bonuses putting me at almost 200k.

Your resume sucks. Try using jobscan dot co for every position you send your resume. Also get on the Lin ked in.

It may be because I have hundreds of endorsements, mcsa and vcp... But if you're not retarded, you can easily get an entry or mid-level job. What region are you in?

mcsa and vcp certs get you $100k?

Are you a developer? I have a start-up on the side and I need more developers. Send me your resume at [email protected]

I just got hired as a tow truck driver, unemployed for 3 weeks. I just watched craigslist for available position. Im an IT guy. I never had very much success just throwing my resume out there. Apply to whos hiring, do what the market demands.

Being a networking whore is a job unto itself. How many asses do you sniff every day? I couldn't bare having to pretend to be nice and leave glowing remarks about fellow Link edin networking slaves.

I'm a field IT tech for a mobile networking co. I get payed well, each job is maybe under an hour to complete, and I get payed for 2 hours per assignment, meaning I have time to go grab some Starcucks and shitpost on Jow Forums. I also never have any person to report to, ever, and I end each job with a simple cell phone app report that no one gives a shit about.

Feels good not having a "boss", never having to work past 5pm and submitting my own custom schedule every two weeks.

Today for instance. 118 outside. Just BBQ'd some chicken and steaks, cradled my newborn daughter, and played WoW all morning, while watching my wife swim in the backyard pool.

I honestly feel bad for some of you guys. You're all going to die early with nothing to show for it.

Attached: 1457272489731.jpg (834x960, 61K)

No problem at all. I just got a raise.

I'm an industry vet with a decade of experience with fortune 100 corporations... Managing Enterprise infrastructure...

I have mcsa 2008 and vcp6 as well as 3 vca5 certs.

I have demonstrable knowledge of 7 different cloud middlewares such as cloudfoundry, openstack, opennebula, and openshift. I can dockerize the wmi and .net stack and run any windows application on just about any kernel. With no performance degredation, unlike with wine.

I have opportunities that fit my skillset.
You have opportunities that fit your skillset.

Your problem is your marketability.
Your problem is you and how you present yourself.

What is wrong with your resume if you're not getting callbacks?
What is wrong with you if you're not getting in-persons after a phone screen?
What the fuck is wrong with you if people don't think you're right for a job you're actually right for?

We must secure dominance of the white man over the global corporate power structure.
(Remember these New 14 Words)

Attached: 1524980220494.jpg (713x684, 27K)

>I just got hired as a tow truck driver, unemployed for 3 weeks. I just watched craigslist for available position. Im an IT guy. I never had very much success just throwing my resume out there. Apply to whos hiring, do what the market demands.
I can't do something like driving; well, I *technically* could, but I have no illusions as to my suitability for it.

>Are you a developer? I have a start-up on the side and I need more developers.
Sent.

>Your resume sucks. Try using jobscan dot co for every position you send your resume. Also get on the Lin ked in.
Already on linked; I'll look into jobs-can.

>It may be because I have hundreds of endorsements, mcsa and vcp... But if you're not retarded, you can easily get an entry or mid-level job. What region are you in?
Southwest.

Attached: EVEN IN DEATH I STILL SURF.gif (230x172, 1.33M)

My point was do what the market demands. I have a good friend that has a bachelors in biology. It turns out STEM degrees arent a silver bullet to get into the middle class, he works security.

ah okay thanks for the elaboration
been working level 1 helpdesk and trying to get bumped up to sysadmin lol

i sold weed so its hard for me to get a job at a larger (higher paying) police department.

feels bad

>What is wrong with your resume if you're not getting callbacks?
Unknown; I've tried getting help, but still seems to be pretty ineffectual. (I also loathe the "advice" that every job application needs its own custom resume.)

>What is wrong with you if you're not getting in-persons after a phone screen?
Unknown; when I do get phone interviews they seem to go fairly well.

>What the fuck is wrong with you if people don't think you're right for a job you're actually right for?
Well, part of the problem is HR. Part of the problem is the institutionalization of the H1B fraud as standard practice.

>We must secure dominance of the white man over the global corporate power structure.
>(Remember these New 14 Words)

A well run RICO case should put several huge tech companies out of business, but this is NOT a bad thing: this will allow small- and mid-sized businesses to pick up the slack and spur a lot of innovation.

> 18 U.S. Code §1351 - Fraud in foreign labor contracting
> 18 U.S. Code §1546 - Fraud and misuse of visas, permits, and other documents

Attached: RICOv1.gif (692x618, 37K)

>(Anyone else having problems ewith getting a job?)
never had any problem getting a job.

Hide your power level sperg

Your browsing activity
They know
>It's for sale

Attached: 4chan_monitoring.jpg (1484x1113, 247K)

So basically you're a giant beta cuck who snorts McDonald's and has zero people skills then.

Attached: 1525833488356.jpg (459x643, 11K)

Get a job in sales. Sell solar or cbd type shit. or go work at carmax, they hire everybody. I am a misanthropic high school educated poltard and clear six figures every year. Wouldn't be able to do it in any other field.

>So basically you're a giant beta cuck who snorts McDonald's and has zero people skills then.
No, I actually don't eat out all that often... I think I've done it twice since the beginning of the year.

In general I agree with your sentiment, but do try to be less of a cunt about it. I make more money than you and I’m ten-fifteen years away from “mid-career,” being a single guy in my late 20s, but I manage not to shit on those less fortunate. The odds are stacked against the white man in the corporate world, just like in government, and just like in academia. So don’t immediately go to “WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!” like some arrogant boomer. You and I are more than likely to the far right of the bell curve, and it’s our responsibility to help “average” whites rather than talk down to them.

>falling for the job application meme
Should have listened to boomer dad, kiddo.

Autists get jobs by filling out 300 online applications.
People who aren't socially retarded get jobs by talking to people.

Your success rate will increase exponentially even by just fucking cold-emailing people you want to work for than dumping your mediocre resume on top of a pile and then sitting with your thumb up your ass.

I got one as a Software Dev post graduation after 4 months at 55k. It's a good starting point and a really good company that'll let me get in with others once I chose to move on.You just suck.But honestly, it's normal. Try out some head hunters.

Autistic people don't belong in modern society. If you can not effectively connect and communicate with humans, you are on the same level as animals such as apes.

I don't know where the idea came from: that you can pick up a piece of paper after taking out tens of thousands in loans and a random person will give you tens of thousands of dollars based on that paper. And the idea that you'll get the job over the internet. Without them even seeing your face or hearing you speak.

This is what im fuckin saying. I read a few books on how to install windows, now i literally refurbish and install windows for 17/hr, in FL

>In general I agree with your sentiment, but do try to be less of a cunt about it

I think that every career in IT operates on negative reinforcement
not that that's a bad thing necessarily, but it's probably why there is no significant female presence in tech and why there won't ever be one
cunts get out of high school and want headpats for doing well rather than getting shit on by the tech/IT lead for being an idiot

Attached: 1530398394838.png (1917x973, 191K)

>Autists get jobs by filling out 300 online applications.
>People who aren't socially retarded get jobs by talking to people.
Hard to do when, literally, you can't talk to the people you need to. (You must have missed the part about Security Clearance; the jobs I'm rather interested in are usually involved in secure-facilities.)

What are you talking about. Some of our greatest minds were total introvert autists, today and yesteryear.

Re-evaluate your statement. Social butterflies have their place managing the sheeple, but they are not innovators, they aren't creators or designers or engineers.

Jobs for example; guy spent his entire life seeking to be an executive. He was a ruthless manipulator, a go-getter. A charismatic star. He was intellectually worthless. He stole his greatest ideas from Wozniak, and he was quite wrong about a number of different things, including the gaming industry.

Anyways back on point, we need autists just like we need useful idiots like Steve Jobs.

Quite a few white men end up falling for the STEM degree meme.

Thankfully, if you can get a STEM degree, the gibs applications are a cakewalk. There's always a silver lining.

>Thankfully, if you can get a STEM degree, the gibs applications are a cakewalk. There's always a silver lining.
I have one + am on standards boards + military experience + an active security clearance.
Cakewalk my ass.

Get into trades. Since women refuse to work hard, there are half as many job applicants. All of the women on site are clipboard carrying diversity hires.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1506309827872.png (405x528, 29K)

>if you can get a STEM degree, the gibs applications are a cakewalk
>Cakewalk my ass
I verily stand corrected.

>all this autism cope
Intelligent and not a social cripple are not mutually exclusive traits. The majority of great minds have both.
Brilliant researchers are embedded deeply in a social network of their peers and collaborators whom they talk to constantly.
Wozniak was such a goofball he was expelled from university for trolling too hard.

The only places where autists consistently succeed is in menial jobs where they're so unimportant nobody even needs to talk to them.

>have both
>majority

All I could tolerate right there. That's absolutely untrue. Anyone who you find that does have both is a unicorn, and someone who ends up a paragon in his field.

We are not that unicorn, bub. You're just in flat out denial about your place in the pecking order, but you will learn it.

Sorry; I shouldn't have snapped. (It's a very sore spot for me right now.)

Pretty depressed, and frustrated, about everything.

Attached: an insult to life.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

I had that problem last year. After some time with no job, i landed on a nice, family biz of a friend of a friend. Comfy as fuck, but the biz didnt went so well, so had to go. After that i ended up working in a fucking nike warehouse for peanuts. That was suicide fuel. After two month there, i decided to get the fuck out of there and moved to mexico.

Surprise... i found a shit ton of jobs in here. In the last year i had 10 diferent shitty jobs but way more comfy than the others in my homeland. Now im in a nice place with cool fellas having a good time. Probably next year i will open my own biz. Maybe sooner.

Dont be afraid of hitting the road for more sunny places user.

Btw, if you have to flip burgers, be the best at it and make the best fucking burgers on earth. Maybe you can later have your own burger joint and live comfy.

>Btw, if you have to flip burgers, be the best at it and make the best fucking burgers on earth. Maybe you can later have your own burger joint and live comfy.
I actually have a couple of ideas that I'd love to see to fruition — a particular CPU architecture I've got worked out has about 30% less power consumption than the equivalent 'standard' CPU.

Attached: ask the ghosts.jpg (500x667, 35K)

Because you're a fucking aspie and won't admit it

>It's either hold a professional conversation for 5 minutes or be smart, you can't have both
>I-I'm not deficient
whatever helps you sleep at night sperglord

>Because you're a fucking aspie and won't admit it
I have no problem admitting my flaws, because it's when one refuses to that one really gets tripped up. ("Pride goeth before a fall.")

But I'm not an Aspie; and you're talking out of your ass pretending you know enough about me to be able to make that assessment.

Attached: Crows.png (862x911, 180K)

>Intelligent and not a social cripple are not mutually exclusive traits. The majority of great minds have both.
I am perhaps more "socially cripple" than I'd like, but I'm NOT the sort of "social cripple" you're insinuating, and actually have enough social skills to get along with a lot of people.

(Certainly enough social-skills that I got through my enlistment w/o any major trouble; there actually are administrative dismissals that can be made for inability to work with others.)

Attached: Decimation.jpg (1024x810, 135K)

>I've been having some trouble landing a job
Yes. I'm a hikkikimori neet that lacks practical dedective skills.

Attached: learn-the-difference.jpg (1000x1771, 224K)

>Just have a good resume user it's not hard
>Already has a 200k/year job

Normies please go real advice only thanks

>>Just have a good resume user it's not hard
>>Already has a 200k/year job
>Normies please go real advice only thanks
Thank you / sounds like you have some you could share.

Attached: Birds know how bad it is.jpg (1000x773, 587K)

before the face was shopped on, what were these birds digging into?

Christ i hope you're not like this when you're interviewing its an embarrassment

>can't find a job
>I bet he'll say software
>he says software
Every time.

Yeah, it's tough. Even when you are getting called by recruiters 3 times a day, maybe 1 of those a week has a chance of turning into something, and that's only if you pass their shitty arbitrary test and have the money to relocate to whatever expensive city.
The whole hiring ordeal in software development is a complete joke and mostly involves luck or connections.
I have a top 5% salary right now, but I will never quit, even in this economy. I'm bored to death and dread going into work, but I know if I quit, my chances of finding another job in the next few years are slim.
When you're 25, you're way too inexperienced to find a job unless you already live in a megacity.
However, your prospects of finding work decrease as you get older (inverse of 90s).
By the time you reach 30, they just take you out back and shoot you like old yeller since you'll be too old to adapt to the new development religions in their view.
None it makes any sense.

My advice: Software sucks and you screwed up worse than you can possibly imagine. It doesn't get better. Tell the others so they don't end up in the same fate.

Pity helps no one.
I'm really not trying to be too harsh. I fuel my self-improvement with disdain. I'm disgusted with myself if I spend too much time playing games or fucking around. This drives me to study and work.

Other people are motivated in different ways. Those people will need to get advice from someone else because I'm only capable of brutal exfoliation.

So you admit to being a cunt.

You know there's no way I can defend against such an allegation. It would be unjust to ask that of me.

NOPE

I'm a chef at Wendy's making 301k a year

my dick is 10 inches btw