Why do Christians decorate trees when the bible explicitly says not to? Why do Christians practice pagan rituals?

Why do Christians decorate trees when the bible explicitly says not to? Why do Christians practice pagan rituals?

Attached: file.png (590x332, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrCoh9sQ28k
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 15:21-28,Mark 7:24-30&version=NIV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the debate about whether Christians should celebrate Christmas in the US was decided centuries ago
it's a positive holiday where families get together, it has so much momentum at this point that it's never going to go away and non-Christians celebrate it too
the real Christian holiday is Easter

Most holidays are pagan people don’t really give a shit tho. Jehovah Witnesses are the only ones.

checked
It's a Sabbatean-Frankist inversion

because i'm not worshiping the tree when i do it. I't just a decoration to commemorate the season.

The Bible has nothing to do with Roman Christianity, Op.
Biblical Christianity is a lazy, beggar's death cult.
Roman Christianity is based on work not sloth, charity not begging, life not death. Roman Christianity has produced a culture that is the flower of Humanity.
Stop reading the Bible.
Read the old Catechism.
Stop listening to Jews.

Yeah, pretty much this.

The whore who rides on the back of the beast is the Catholic Church according to witnesses, which makes sense.

Stop posting sexualized women in OPs.

I mean, catholics do just about everything opposite of what the bible says. I suspect the devil.

Because the Bible was virtually only in Latin in the West until the printing press. The average Joe couldn't read it. I suspect it may be a tradition tying in bearing good fruit into a visual w/o looking into it and just spread. Why its on the 25th of December outside older, pagan traditions, idk. Also a study of the Jewish holidays, especially the spring ones, should be important to Christians, as they relate to the story of Jesus's life. Kinda bretty sure an active celebration of Jesus is anthema to Satan and his synagogue throughout the year, so look at this chocolate and cutsie wootsi liddle bunny wrabbit instead user!

Where in the Bible does it say not to decorate a Christmas tree lol? I’m pretty sure most people aren’t worshipping or praying to the trees.

Shutup and give me presents.

fuck you kikes we took your stupid ass sand religion and made it our own

youtube.com/watch?v=CrCoh9sQ28k

Attached: 1435880479890.jpg (955x951, 265K)

Because they worship a jew that compared goyin to dogs.

Christ's followers were good salesmen (of course) and knew well enough to copy actual, good traditions and beliefs.

Attached: what-is-the-patience-of-the-saints-15-728[1].jpg (728x546, 260K)

Christmas is based. I love telling Jews and Moslems "Merry Christmas" and seeing the fire in their eyes.
It's a great holiday for a northern dwelling white person - joy in the face of seasonal depression disorder. A snow celebration. Embrace family and children. It's entirely beautiful.
Folks who crap on Christmas are not one with the people and will be outside out ethnostate.

L M A O imagine believing this. this is why no one takes Catholics seriously.

because holidays that consisted of fasting and self-flagellation were a hard sell.

because they wanted to make it easier for pagans to convert
most pagans initially accepted christ as merely another diety in their pantheon

You should learn what the bible says so you can walk around all the time offending people with the gospel.
The best part is, you won't be wrong!

Attached: 1530122142997.jpg (923x713, 62K)

The (((Romans))) who killed Christ for the Jews cause he preached against usury.

If the Bible told you to walk on water, you'd dismiss it as either metaphorical or context-sensitive, because it's physically impossible barring divine intervention.
So too is it impossible for a culture to simply disappear after it adopts a new set of ideals. It doesn't work that way. The past can be forgiven, but it is also a part of you.

Christianity is basically a new offshot of ancient Greek religion. It follows the same pattern of Zeus and his sons.

>explicitly
Nowhere in the Bible does it say this explicitly.

True this.
You can prove anything with the Bible.
Total celibacy to child rape and incest.
Total non violence to total genocide and bashing babies against rocks.
Stoning adulterers to slaughtering the man who's wife you covet.
It's not a well thought out book... many inconsistencies and contradictions.
But the Roman Christianity was based. Work, live well, clear definitions of right and wrong.
Modern Christians are cucks of the Satanic Jews.
"By their works you shall know them".
It's not the theology, it's the results of the theology on the culture.

I think it's a reference to pic related, besides the custom came from Germanic countries.

Attached: Bonifatius_Donareiche - edit.jpg (1152x1600, 760K)

>the bible explicitly says not to?
Chapter and verse?

Idols

Ahhh, isn't Easter a Pagan tradition as well. There is nothing about bunny rabbits, eggs or chocolate in the Bible.

90% of Christians
>Smart man in skirt who sit in church say what good book means
>Smart man in skirt say what is okay so I do what is okay

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 38K)

The star atop the tree?

The Romans were not Jews, user.
The Romans crucified that Jew hippie to avoid a bloody war with the Jews. He was literally sacrificed to the greater good. Your "the romans crucified the hippie because he was against Usury" is a lie.
The Jews rebelled anyway. The Romans put down the rebellion.
The Jews rebelled again. The Romans put down the rebellion.
The Jews rebelled a third time, and the Romans had enough of their shit... genocided them and forbid any Jew from setting foot in Jerusalem ever again.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Decorated Tree =/= Idol.

And?

Attached: 0D412D64-A2AA-4E65-A4A0-DD20012B4CC6.jpg (800x600, 92K)

It feels right because whites are natural pagans trapped in the christian spider's web of jewish mind poison.

Except nobody worships the tree as a God.

>average human interprets th Bible as well as guys who spent their entire life studying it
This is your brain on Protestantism. Also a result of pride. No humility. Can't admit other people are more wise than you.

To be fair, the Germans tied virgins to the trees and set the trees on fire. (This provided a motivation to not be a virgin...)
The Christians said no, incels need some too, and convinced them to just decorate the tree and put candles on it.

Stay mad you pedophile.

False god, Thor or something.

Jesus commanded that we commemorate his death, not his birth. Lol.

Attached: 8DEFE082-F409-40B3-821C-0315DEBC58DE.png (432x391, 172K)

>Except nobody worships the tree as a God.
German pagans believed that the tree contained spirits that were gods. The whole "knock on wood" thing was to stop the spirits in the wood from hearing your optimism and fucking things up.
They would decorate trees, tie a virgin to the tree, and then set the tree on fire - the fire being the spirit from the tree that consumed the virgin and was thus pleased.

>the real christian holiday is the one that is named after the pagan goddess Eostre
kike worshipers never cease to amaze me

Attached: long nose tribe.jpg (205x246, 11K)

Everything is pagan tradition appropriated by the 'new' religion. The dates of Christmas and Easter too.

>Polacks preaching about wisdom
>Polacks who pray to statues of Mary and saints
>Polacks who worship the pope and follow every idiocy Vatican publishes

Attached: 1530051520318.gif (411x274, 412K)

No Christmas trees in Greece, Stavros?

religion
praise g-d

Jesus told people that Roman emperors are cool and that rabbis are dirty thieves (he nigger whipped the rabbi kike congregation in a temple)
Jesus preached that everyone is equal, that Jews are not chosen people so they got mad and got him crucified.

FUN FACT: The reason we have a Christmas tree and easter bunnies is because Rome incorporated all its people's pagan religions into Catholicism.

And Catholicism is not Christianity. Catholics are pagan.

Why is it when I would ask Catholic Brothers about why they killed Jesus, they never touch on the fact Jesus said the Jews were no longer the chosen people?

>Jesus preached that everyone is equal, that Jews are not chosen people so they got mad and got him crucified.
Jesus said he came ONLY for the Jews, and called the goys 'dogs at the table'.

>thinks we pray to Mary and saints and not just ask for intercession
>thinks we consider statues as Gods
LMAO, Protestant "education"(read: brainwash). Do you also unironically read Chick Tracts and think he makes good arguments?

I don't decorate trees or paint eggs. What now, OP?

We have them but we took them from the Germans.

Your ok Stathis

Attached: b0c.jpg (668x1200, 57K)

Actually it is in there.

"1 Hear the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel. 2 Thus says the LORD: Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, for the Gentiles are dismayed at them. 3 For the customs of the peoples are futile; for one cuts a tree from the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. 4 They decorate it with silver and gold; they fasten it with nails and hammers so that it will not topple. 5 They are upright, like a palm tree, and they cannot speak; they must be carried, because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, nor can they do any good.”

Jeremiah 10:1-5

1 Timothy 2:5
Forthere isone God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Doesn't surprise me a catholic doesn't read the Bible though.

>And Catholicism is not Christianity. Catholics are pagan.
And that's a very, very good thing!
Roman religion was based.
Roman religion turned a small city into a world empire. It brought education, worth ethic, pride in one's people, and a practical ethic.
Biblical Christianity said don't reproduce (and gouge your eyes out if you lust because you see a naked woman), don't work (birds of the field), give up all you have and go around begging from those who work, let people beat the shit out of you (literally let himself be nailed to a post without a fight). This is a failed self extinguishing philosophy - a death philosophy.

There is no christ in Joulu

Attached: 83718363729.jpg (500x355, 60K)

Have you sold your shirt to buy a sword yet?

I wager this same thing was said about Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece. And they all fell in the end.

You're ignore why great civilizations arose because they fell, instead of looking at what they lost that caused the fall.
Cum hoc ergo proctor hoc

>Catholic
>Christian
Pick one brother.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter [a]from us.
>traditions
>word of mouth
>letter
Sola Scriptura is unbiblical.

God raised them up and God brought them down.

Let me tell you a story that illustrates my thoughts on Christianity better than anything.

>driving across country using back highways instead of interstate
>in deep south
>come up to shit town
>everything crumbling
>except two things
>brand new police station and brand new church
>everything else looks like a Brazilian shack village
>stop at gas station
>everyone looks like they just got out of jail
>brand new corvette pulls up
>license plate PASTOR1

There's a sucker born every minute. And most of them are christ cucks.

>You still pray to the saints and Mary, though Bible explicitly says that only Christ can grant you entrance into heaven.
>You use statues in your prayers, Catholic churches are full of Christ, Mary, etc. statues. Though God explicitly said not to use any imagery (including the cross and other symbols).
Another brainwashed Catholic, don't worry son I used to be one of you. But now I'm free and the Bible is my only source of knowledge.

Attached: 1530884053541.png (621x672, 573K)

>Protestants
found your problem

If by god you mean natural law, yeah.
Rome fell because they gave up their values allowed degeneracy; they also allowed hoards of illegal aliens in.

Source.

The Bible literally doesnt say that though. This is retarded

If you're not going door to door in sandals and a robe begging, you're not Christian; The very fact you're on a computer shit posting your "I'm better than you" brand of Christianity shows you're not a Biblical Christian.
Again...
Biblical Christian - death cult that doesn't exist.
Roman Christian - created the greatest civilization the world has ever seen. Technology, logic, law, justice... all in Roman Christianity.

You've never read the Bible?

Having a mediator between man and God other than Jesus when he said not to, is a bit different than holding to a traditional feast day or whatever.

Roman Christianity goes against the 10 commandments.
>True Christianity.
Biblical Christianity is a death cult
>Nigga what?

Attached: 1530043843540.jpg (326x392, 15K)

>he thinks statues are automatically idolatry
Why did God order cherubim to be put on the top of the Ark of the Covenant then?
Statues are not idolatry. Pictures are not idolatry. Idolatry is when you worship a stone or a wooden statue or a picture as a real God, as if there was a spirit inside of it.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 15:21-28,Mark 7:24-30&version=NIV
>Be Biblical Christ LARPer..
>Bible is literally God's word
>Never read it.
Jesus fucking Christ, user. You could have googled "dogs at the table Jesus". Word of god right, dog?

Yeah and I remember every single passage...

Just say where in the bible he says that

>Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, nor can they do any good.
You call that an explicit command?

>Roman Christianity is based on work not sloth, charity not begging, life not death.
The Bible teaches all of these things. You're just an idiot.

Nice b8. No one is this retarded...

do you know the differences between the old and new testament?

Yes, and is that why we keep doing it? to worship the tree and all that shit you just spewed? Or do we do it because it looks nice?

>FROM US
EAT FECES YOU POPESUCKER
THATS THE APOSTLES SPEAKING, NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
>solascriptura is unbiblical
The audacity of you is quite impressive. What did Jesus use when arguing with satan in the wilderness? Did he appeal to muh church fathers or muh word of mouth? He could have very easily appealed to Himself, but He didnt. He appealed to the Word of God, which Psalms says God has magnified above His very name.

>2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

>15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Using the Bible to say the Bible doesnt think you should believe the Bible is the most hare-brained theory ive ever heard and it would be an insult to retarded people if i called you retarded

It is/was a pagan holiday but no one actually thinks the christmas tree is a giant phallus anymore. probably 5% of the world knows about it's origins. it's also distinctly european.

The passage was a metaphor, so both his disciples (Jews) and the gentile woman would understand him. At that time his goal was to preach to the Jews so they'd abandon their wickedness. So to help a gentile woman was like abandoning his mission but yet he still did it. Praise Christ.

Because God can order whatever he wants. But the default commandment is not to make images. So unless he came and specifically told you to build something, then you're expected to follow the default. When did God tell the catholics to build statues of anyone?

Who celebratea easter with bunnies???
For people around where i live we go to church on easter and have a big family dinner

Where did I say "true christianity"
I said Biblical Christianity was a death cult, And that Roman Christianity created a great civilization.
>Roman Christianity goes against the 10 commandments
Not sure of your specific argument, but I already said Biblical Christianity != Roman Christianity. So what even if?

Apostles started the Church.

Matthew 16:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

18 I also say to you that you are [a]Peter, and upon this [b]rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
Footnotes:

Matthew 16:18 Gr Petros, a stone
Matthew 16:18 Gr petra, large rock; bed-rock

Note I even used a NASB, which is a Protestant translation of the Bible.

Explain how Biblical Christianity is a death cult. Remember that Roman Christianity had the inquisition, Jesuit Order and crusades (not the defensive Holy Land but other).

Why would a representation of Mary or a saint anger God? If you worshipped them as gods, then sure, God would get angry. But since they are people who pleased God, they are seen as examples to follow.

Matt is a lying Jew who never met Christ and merely retells stories he heard, and intentionally twists any passage to support kikeish interpretation. Mark is a literalist, and wrote events as they happened.

Even assuming such (which is ridiculous, roman catholic church didnt come until centuries later) the apostles didnt write the majority of your retarded ordinances you have in your catechism.

Agreed.

Fun Fact: Santa is Odin

Attached: Odin-Santa.png (958x450, 561K)

You're right we should all become atheist redditors

Attached: 1500603860018.png (763x581, 27K)

You have no discernment.
Jesus is intentionally being facetious in that verse. Hes trying to demonstrate how full of it the Jews are, read the rest of the context. After the woman says “even dogs eat the crumbs” then Jesus marvels at her, and provides her as a contrast to the pharisees.

because Christianity culturally appropriated Pagans.

>Doesn't surprise me a catholic doesn't read the Bible though.
Catholics are told they may read the bible, but that they are not to try to understand it; that they must go to a priest to tell them what it means.
That's pretty based.
So, you're fucking your daughter (Lot), are a total celibate, killing babies in foreign lands to take over, and are totally non violent and allow people to whip the shit out of you.
And you own only a robe, sandals and a walking stick... no computer (I'll grant that you may be in a library).
Matthew 15:21-28
But not Matthew 15:21-28
Matthew 15:21-28
Hell, I even gave you a website. That's why the Zionist were able to cuck you into fighting for Israel
Matthew 6:26-34 New King James Version (NKJV)
26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one [a]cubit to his [b]stature?
You've not read it, but are pretending Roman Christianity is Biblical Christianity. Funny as hell!
Not an argument. Roman Christianity values logical arguments.