Court rulings like this absolutely infuriate me

Court rulings like this absolutely infuriate me.

Attached: FuckingHorseshit.png (663x962, 279K)

Military vessels always belong to their country of origin. Civilian vessels are fair game for salvage.

>was heading to reinforce colony in what is now Jacksonville
Wouldn't it make more sense for the items aboard to belong to Jacksonville?

It's probably some maritime legal standard that's been around for hundreds of years. Just let the frogs have their dumb boat.

How would you feel if it was a 1900's boat? 1800's? 1700's? 1600's? Where is the line drawn. And also, did the salvage company get no recompense?

>Go help mutts
>Sink
>Your property is now theirs

>get absolutely infuriated by maritime salvage laws
now this is autism

>made there
Okay but boats can be made anywhere, what's its history and who owned it when it sank. The frogs probably won't do anything useful with it anyways

What do you expect from libtards? If they had their way, every man would be forced to hand their paychecks over to foreign countries and big-lipped chimps.

Attached: Df2I0fPX4AASd7j.jpg (450x424, 35K)

how conspicuous is salvaging wrecked ships anyway? do pretty much all nations' coast guards know where any particular ship is at any moment?

Irrelevant. The vessel was a French naval flagship. Military vessels belong to their country of origin. It is considered a military graveyard for it's lost sailors. Disturbing it is akin to graverobbery.

>stop making loan payments to France after the French Revolution
>Surrender an almost 500 year old wreck far from its territorial waters to a nation that had absolutely nothing to do with the salvage search.

Wonder if it's possible to dump a few tons of concrete on it from the surface just to shit in the frogs mouths. Then again, not there fault a(((judge))) made this kind of call.

Probably not, their fault for not looking into relevant maratime law. Besides now the artifacts will likely wnd up in a museum, which is good

>what's its history and who owned it when it sank
The French.

Seems pretty fucking clearcut to me, senpai.

why is it legal and "academic" to dig up graves of people before the 1800s but illegal and "vandalism" to do it to modern graves?

A (((judge))).

>1 post by this id
Why does it infuriate you?

Edgy, have fun getting extridited after desecrating a graveyard and destroying a cultural artifact intentionally.

Why didn't they just keep quiet about it and salvage whatever they could?

How would they sell it?
>whaddya mean where did i get this gold? It fell off the back of a ship

Why? Now the French government can foot the bill to salvage the ship and put everything in a cool museum and display it to people. If you let the private company do it they'd fuck everything up and auction off all the cool artifacts to private collectors (boomers and kikes) who would keep it all hidden away.

And how many German ships from WWI and WWII have been pilfered?

that seems pretty reasonable

not enough

After an illegitimate revolution even?

>Implying it won't be auctioned off by France anyway as afrocentric historical revision propaganda

*Illegealy.

FTFY

Appearantly. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the law. Just saying what it is.

you ever wonder why treasure hunters don't report what they find anymore? They just take it and fence it if its valuable or melt it down if its just normal gold/silver etc?

>Military vessels always belong to their country of origin

The Kingdom of France no longer exists.

>not just looting the thing and pawning the metal

War spoils. The Germans should've tried winning.

thats exactly whats going to happen (and does happen) and there isnt a thing anyone can do about it.

Call it reparations for the US saving France and let Florida keep it all

The artifacts will be smelted down into Mosques

>hurr no alien mexicans please
>reee give me alien french ships durr

The 'owner' of the ship wasn't "France" it was the king of France, Charles IX. So, technically the heirs of this king should be the owners and not the State of France which is a republic..

Attached: Charles_IX_of_France.jpg (200x345, 24K)

ITT: Butthurt Americans triggered because France has some actual history and the US doesn't.

What the fuck? Salvage is a bold and risky job. If the French wanted their fucking doubloons with faggot kings who crossdress on them and stale old vinegar wine bottles back they should have to fucking salvage it themselves.
Way to discourage entrepreneurship.

Attached: 1519636858225.jpg (300x364, 24K)

its the salvagers fault for not consulting the law beforehand, what kind of dumbass dumps all that money into finding a ship without actually consulting the corresponding law?

sucks to suck.

> being cucked by france
lmao we've found spanish wrecks and told them to fuck off when they ask for it. if we return ships they might as well return all the gold they stole
> inb4 muh horoz

this is why I never tell anyone when I'm out diving and find a score.

It's the salvagers fault for bringing it to attention and not just quietly pilfering the fucking thing.

Does it have armaments ?
Yes ?
Military vessel

As I mentioned earlier, how do you account for where it came from? Nobody's going to buy something from an unverified wreck (let alone get it to an auction) for this exact reason.

Kind of unlikely, depending on what form it was in, that they could trace it to that specific ship, given the age of the wreck; unless they were dumbasses & brought it to sell in a crate with the damn ship's name on it like niggers.

That's what I'm thinking. Wouldn't you have to run your mouth for this to happen?

I'm sick of judges in general. They're all pinko queers and need to start fearing their fucking lives on a daily basis.

How long are we going to continue to live in a judicial tyranny? Where it's less important who the president is, that the people elect, rather it's more important for the future who the president nominates to the "supreme" court? It's bullshit.

I mean the market of selling something as sunken treasure is entirely dependent on that find being verified. The salvager needs to be able to prove where he got it or else any potential buyer is going to conclude (A) that its a forgery (B) that its stolen and therefore illegal to own.

>France has some actual history and the US doesn't
At least ours is far less consistently embarrassing.

judges are sick pedophile cunts and the weak link of corruption in our nations.
i hope i live to see the day that every judge is dragged out of the courtroom and given the punishment they deserve.

Attached: 568647769479.jpg (666x1507, 137K)

>flag
talk about an open and shut case

I actually wonder about this. You'd think, with how prevalent divorce is, that divorce murders (exes, lawyers, judges) would be far more common.

That would be the thing to argue in court.

I can see if it was some type of noncurrency artifact; but I'd think gold or silver would be less stringent. Push came to shove you could always just take it & submerge it somewhere else relative far removed from the wreck site, take a video of you coming across it there. Idk, really, just bullshitting on it.

Imagine believing this.

If your'e frequently traveling back and forth to port its nearly certain that your vessel will be boarded and thoroughly inspected. Having a large quantity of unaccounted for salvage/gold/whatever is definatly going to raise suspicion

This isn't even the same France the man was loyal to.
If anything, it belongs to whoever's the current heir to the French throne. The real French throne, not the Bonapartes.

That dude is obviously wrong but it's also wrong to say their history has been consistently embarrassing. It's old and has time to wrack up wins and losses. The west is currently facing a time of collective disgrace too so I'd hardly single them out.

see
gold would be ever more stringent I would think. You cant just transport large sums of currency in and out of the country unregulated, I imagine that gold would be treated in much the same way. not certain tho.

Taiwan aproves of this arguement.

>US citizen
>extradited

The precedent for this is so small and specific it would never happen, mostly because the very last time police attempted to do this one of the deputies got shot in the throat and the court ruled in favor of the defense.

OP is actually mad a 200+ year old historical warship isn't being ripped apart by retarded mutts for scrap money.

What the fuck is happening on Jow Forums anymore.

sauce?