Anyone remember that Ozone layer scare in the late 90's...

Anyone remember that Ozone layer scare in the late 90's? (((They))) said the planet was going to trap sunrays and cause global warming.

Barely anyone remembers this, notice how they conveniently changed the narrative but kept the warming part? It might have been a UK only thing, can anyone corroborate?

Attached: OOu1VH6.gif (300x300, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_O-Zone
archive.fo/ivdrU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes
the (((news))) also used to talk about that around here

Depletion of ozone was and still is a problem however after strict controls were placed on ozone depleting aerosols it has started to recover.

This has been planned for years and years and years now. The Global Warming is just an excuse for millions of Africans to migrate to Europe/Americas. The Sahara desert is creeping southward into the habitable areas of central Africa according to the 'media' and where will all of the billions of "for just a $1 a day, you can feed these starving Africans" go to? White countries of course.

Pic related. Now you know the Judeo-Christian plan.

Attached: 2E.U. replacement Meta.jpg (1161x638, 148K)

>Depletion of ozone was and still is a problem however after strict controls were placed on ozone depleting aerosols it has started to recover.

Attached: Thread Over.jpg (350x264, 16K)

Yeah, it's almost like listening to scientists and acting on what they say fixed problems, while ignoring them and calling it "fake news" just makes shit worse.

Tell that to china

OY VEY STOP DRIVING CARS

THEY ONLY ACCOUNT FOR A PERCENT OR TWO OF THE GLOBAL WARMING WE CAN MEASURE, NOT COUNTING ALL THE UNDERSEA VOLCANOES WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT. STUPID GOYIM WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO SCIENCE WE ALREADY TRIED RELIGION WHAT THE FUCK OBEY US ALREADY

"Suppose an individual believes something with his whole heart; suppose further that he has a commitment to this belief, that he has taken irrevocable actions because of it; finally, suppose that he is presented with evidence, unequivocal and undeniable evidence, that his belief is wrong: what will happen? The individual will frequently emerge, not only unshaken but even more convinced of the truth of his beliefs than ever before. Indeed, he may even show a new fervor about convincing and converting people to his view." - When Prophecy Fails.

Face it, you're a doomsday cultist.

What the fuck are you on about?

Another doomsday cultist. Your beliefs become stronger when your predictions are proven wrong. This is exactly how cultists think. If their prophecy fails, they say their prayers must've worked to save humanity so they'll have to double down on their belief.

Shut up and give us your carbon tax shekels goy

Attached: 1496344480732.jpg (800x531, 104K)

>Barely anyone remembers this, notice how they conveniently changed the narrative but kept the warming part? It might have been a UK only thing, can anyone corroborate?
Johnson stopped using aerosols

Can't you read? Your prophecy failed, so you claim your scientism cult must've pulled through even though CFCs were only banned in a handful of countries.

But in this instance predictions were proven correct.

CFC emissions were measured to be depleting ozone, which in turn increased levels of UV radiation reaching the surface. CFC's were banned and UV levels dropped.

CFCs were not banned in sufficient amount to account for the "recovery", first of all, and secondly banned CFCs still exist today. It's not like everyone stopped using them instantly.

you mean the handful actually capable of producing them, tardo?

Indeed, I do remember. The ozone layer hole was gonna kill us all etc.

But you know what? It was all true. We did damage the ozone layer, but since we managed to implement global policies about it, the damage stopped, and will be repaired by 2075. Isn't it great? Turns out we can fix our mistakes if we put some effort into it :)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion

Attached: Ozone_hole_recovery.jpg (1024x574, 88K)

Lol I remember Y2K

implying the ozone layer isn't directly affected by earth's magnetic field, and is only being improved because of the shifting of the poles.

China didn't ban CFCs until 2007, dipshit. You're a doomsday cultist, plain and simple.

If believing that humans as the defacto custodians of the planet should be taking measures to protect its well being makes me a doomsday cultist then I guess I am.

Its still real for us down in Aus cause there's a hole here and we gotta keep track of its shape and location as it meanders about.

We had such an insane high rate of skin cancer here that the gov still gives you a full tax refund on sunnies, sunblock, hats etc. Since they consider it cheaper to provide you that shit than pay for your skin cancer later.

All that freakout in the 90's led to the massive growth of ozone decay instead reversing into a slow repair, but that shit ain't no joke its really going on. Moving from the US to here is creepy because you can fucking feel that shit. The sun feels different, its only like 90F and you can feel your skin faintly stinging.

When they considered mars missions they looked to how things were affecting aussies cause of how they keep living in UV ratings of 14+.

Oh yeah I member. The BBC even had a pop music show called "The Ozone". Despite the title having nothing to do with the content of the show.

When we found out what they were doing we stopped using CFCs worldwide almost immediately you fucking idiot.
The ozone depletion problem had nothing to do with global warming.

Every well meaning cultist thinks they're the custodian of the planet. That's a meaningless turn of phrase and insufficient reason to join a cult and perform forced conversions on others.

yeah and we introduced global CFC-ban and it at least succeeded in delaying the imminent catastrophe, this is not a jewish conspiracy

now we just need to nuke the chinks because they clearly stopped giving any fucks about humanity and its future centuries ago.

user that's just retarded. You should read more, and I don't mean "thetruthisoutthere.blogspot.com" and such.

quit trying to fucking socially dominate, faggot. you dont get to decide what a 'doomsday cult' is.
china couldnt produce a fucking phone without american technology, and since its illegal in the west, why even fucking produce it at all?
they dont make things for themselves.

Its a blobal thing. First they talked about CFCs, ozone layer and global warming. Now they ignore it and talk about, with the same former certainty, of global warming.

So you propose what exactly? Rape and pillage the planet consequences be damned so long as it makes your life more convenient in the moment?

he's trying to falsely-equivalate CFC bans with global warming hysteria.

Isn’t that the spot wear the elite are building their megalopolis?

>climate changes
autofixd

Its the grand solar minimum anyway. Al Gore turned out to be a liar. How crazy.

Except that CFCs were a real issue and phasing them out actually helped with ozone depletion. Also I think the problem wasn't so much warming, but UV radiation (skin cancer, etc.).

And not to say that global warming isn't a real issue and that humans probably aren't contributing to it to some extent. I just don't know if I buy the doom and gloom the left spouts about it. Climate is constantly changing on this planets with or without humans.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_O-Zone

>equivalate
kek now I know I'm dealing with a member of the doomsday cult of AGW scientism.

I'll never understand any mouthbreather that dismiss facts with "u a dumsday cultist hhhhrrr"
>meanwhile all jew conspiracy theories sound exactly like doomsday cult horseshit

Everything we r seeing right now is cuz of increased cosmic rays. Look at The Cloud Mystery documentary on youtube

see how he immediately zoomed in on the semantics?

The whole goal of the AGW doomsday cult is to rape and pillage the planet after bringing it under complete communist rule.

Semantics is debating the meaning of actual words, not non-words.

The Ozone layer hole that used to be the main focus of the old narrative was repaired. However, apparently it's starting again according to alarmists.

I remember being told 15+ years ago in a museum that if radical action wasn't taken to fix it, there would be a runaway effect that would cause exponential warming and wide scale devastation. There were certain controls and regulations put in place but overall we as people kept on polluting basically as much as ever and the Ozone hole still was repaired.

According to what I was told at that time (and remember this was in a museum, by a professor on a guided tour) that unless radical change took place, most coasts would be flooded to such an extent that between tens to hundreds of millions of people would be displaced, New York would be ruined, and the food supply would be drastically decreased.

Sure there was some controls/regulations put in place, but there was absolutely NOT a radical change of such an extent that would have caused the Ozone problem to stop. Well... here we are over a decade later and nothing that professor said has come true. That goes for much of the info that was in the museum as well.

Attached: 1526337397138.jpg (600x795, 35K)

I didn't say anything about communism, just that maybe we shouldn't destroy our only home. Does that goal sound disagreeable to you?

it reocvered, the whole is mostly gone. the person that invented aerosols is also the person that invented putting led in gasoline. he is one of the most retarded inventors ever, he nearly killed us all with 2 inventions

left off pollution will kill us all by 2000

Lies, in the 90’s we were told to fear a global freeze, they feed us our fear in cycles but it’s all bullshit user.

God these fucking people man.
"Repaired"
OH NO WHAT IF WE BREAK IT AGAIN
Will have to just repair it again.
I come from the bearenstein universe and in that time line we didn't figure out how to do it.
Hence their alarmism, But in this Timeline alot more rationality has taken root in the psyche of Man.
I now know how to make o3.

Attached: 123235345435.png (1314x1054, 50K)

>ozone hole was repaired

With what, spackle?

the reason theres so many commies is because in the bearenstein universe there was alot of famines and wars.

Attached: 1508944952718.jpg (1080x844, 93K)

>our home
And there's that communist faggotry we just talked about. That's my whole damn point - it's an attempt to provoke a panic so that we choose wise benevolent technocrats to watch over the entire planet and tell everyone what we can do. I'd rather die in 200° heat than become a subject of a global communist technocracy. Your cure is worse than the so called disease.

with o3 (Ozone)
Your not from this place your from the other one like me.

Attached: 3456356746756.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

the Bearenstain universe is the place we come to to figure out how to proceed with difficult options in our timeline the bearenstein timeline.

Attached: 1232353465345.png (657x527, 226K)

Anyone remember that TREES scare in the 80's? We were cutting down all the trees in the rain forest and soon the earth wouldn't have any oxygen left.

What about how Carbon is bad for the enviroment because its tree food and how toxic waste is allowed to be pumped into the atmosphere but water vapor is outlawed because it could help the flora and fauna.

Attached: 1530003573075.jpg (539x946, 179K)

The Earth isn't your home? What planet do you come from then?

Eventually the strain will become too much for the environment to handle. It might not happen for another 300 years, but it will happen if left unchecked.

Regardless as to what you suggest we do about it, it must be acknowledged that ultimately humanity will need to pay the piper for their behavior.

you are retard, the ozone layer hole and global warming aren't one and the same.

CFCs were banned, production stopped and thus use.

did you have to pay for anything for this to happen? did you lose some special product you were using? did you get extra taxes?

no. they were just replaced with less dangerous elements.

same with lead. do you think lead or asbestos were a conspiracy? they were literally using poisonous materials with insufficient testing

listerine was used to clean stuff
vaseline was a product made to utilize some oil waste

you would literally drink nuclear waste if I convinced you it was a Jewist conspiracy to rob of your superpowers

no laws against pumping toxic waste and chemicals into the air
But we have laws against c02 (which plants eat) and carbon taxes
And water vapor mist because it looks like smoke is outlawed.
Acid Rain is Good
Eating drinking breathing is bad

Attached: 346543576567567544.png (1816x2446, 283K)

If the earth belongs to everyone no part of it belongs to anyone. That's communism. Incidentally, if you truly believe in this little doomsday cultist crusade of yours, go wipe out Indochina and Africa. Those fucks are the worst offenders of your doctrine.

there was no immediate way to commodify the hole in the ozone layer so they switched to green house gases in order to essential tax human beings for breathing.

They made CFC's illegal and after a while the ozone started to repair itself.
Which is why modern global warming scaremongering is pure bullshit, all their answers are to simply tax things, where if things are a REAL problem, you would simply ban them.

The ozone problem is very real where I am from in New Zealand. Specifically, there is a notable hole that significantly effects UV concentration in many parts of New Zealand.

I live in Australia these days and the effect of UV rays here is absolutely laughable compared with back home.

theres an entire group of people from mars because they destroyed it with their technocracy communism.

Attached: 1529575003843.png (1660x1323, 1.18M)

Remember "acid rain" lel

I thought it was about holes in the ozone layer causing skin cancer? Seems to be true with Australia, anyways--that's one of the biggest "holes" and their skin cancer rates keep going up.

That said, I don't recall that ozone holes had anything to do with global warming, just UV levels vis-a-vis human safety.

>CFCs
>elements
Jesus Christ you fags just unquestioningly believe what you're told even though you have no grasp of science or chemistry whatsoever.

yeh its still not 100% repaired.

>no laws against pumping toxic waste and chemicals into the air
you must be retarded
get a fucking job and you will see all the regulations you flaming faggot

acid rains a real thing though..... its a common weather event in China.

Attached: 1529914376643.jpg (680x700, 62K)

You realize the private property you feel so strongly about is /on earth/, right? It is in your best interest as well as everyone else.

>caring about the thing we live on is communism and therefore EVIL
Jesus Christ

Yet they keep doing it Aaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

posters like you should be taken to the Australian outback without sunscreen and left there

this is true. in the case of the ozone hole action was immediate and direct, they didn't fuck around debating and coming up with 98% of scientists.

aaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Attached: 1496277216997.gif (1027x731, 111K)

Did you even read the full comment?

I'm retarded because of what a museum professor told me? I'm retarded because they lied about current events at the time and their predictions specifically related to the Ozone were faulty?

I even said controls/regulations were put in place.

When did I ever even suggest I thought global warming and the ozone layer hole are one in the same?

Learn some reading comprehension you radical dolt.

Attached: 1523187643851.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Captain Planet had us thinking we'd be choking on smog constantly and barrels of toxic waste would be left around haphazardly everywhere you went.
Going fishing? Too bad, there's a barrel of radioactive green glowing spooge leaking into the lake.
Playground? Nope, toxic waste at the bottom of the slide.
Will the faggot kid with the heart power ever do anything useful? nope.

Holy fuck how can someone as retarded as you even handle punctuation. You're the reason americans are called mutts.

>its not a word because i say so!

>(((They))) said the planet was going to trap sunrays and cause global warming.
No that was greenhouse gases. Ozone layer depletion was going to cause UV radiation on the surface to increase and cause cancer. Unlike CO2, CFCs haven't been vented in to the atmosphere for millions of years without incident.

The ozone layer is real retards. The stopped using the cfcs causing it and nature repaired itself. Literally an argument for why climate change is horseshit. If we stop using kike energy and switch to hemp and nuke. Our impact is diminished drastically

Yes it was big in the us as well. There were measures taken to fix it though.

Have you ever considered that cancer rates might be going up because new cancers are identified all the time? It's not like we always had complete knowledge about all types of cancer.

he was too busy using the heart ring on gaia n yappin dat asssss

Attached: 1529981275306.png (907x603, 146K)

who keeps doing it? china with all the smog?
we had shit in athens, we had shit in london
we made laws and everything cleared up
you must be a kid
you don't know that your car has to get tested for emissions, so do all cars and all factories

hullo downunda man
y is ausdraly so daynsher?
look at how the hurt of venom animal got me
plz explain y i am of downunder venom victim kthx
>pic related me after downunder vacation

Attached: Apuuuuu.jpg (1024x958, 72K)

It is because the ozone is unironically recovering.

Attached: recovery.jpg (1728x2664, 589K)

you are retarded because you are conflating to separate things because you can't remember which is to be expected since your brain is the size of nut

God was Punishing you, Repent and PRAY WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT.

Attached: 456745687457845784678467.png (680x753, 177K)

Yeah, exactly.
I know a British girl who lives in Oz because she married an Aussie. She has to use SPF 100 multiple times a day just to do normal shit and she's already had a lesion cut off her leg. She's only in her 30s and didn't move to Oz until about ten years ago. She wants to go back to the UK so badly, though she loves Australia. She's just terribly out of her element there. I feel similar, living in the high desert when my genes really want to go hide out in Ireland and enjoy all the mist and rain. I own a fuckton of hats.

Nice moving the goalposts there, Chaim. Also nice strawman. We don't have to be reduced to becoming serfs under global technocratic rule in order to solve problems. That's your gay solution to everything. Rain too much today? We need more communism. Your job not give you a raise? More communism. Not suck enough Mexican dicks today? More communism. Fuck off.

It's agreed that climate change is not an immediate threat, some of us believe the private sector will sort this out better than government balls and chains.

Snowfall is now just a thing of the past
archive.fo/ivdrU

If they were serious about fixing problems it would be "cap" not, "cap and trade and give Al Gore some shekels"

>tfw wear trackpants and jumper on 40c+ degree days.
M8.

Attached: 34654356457645.jpg (1148x746, 217K)

>Also I think the problem wasn't so much warming, but UV radiation (skin cancer, etc.).
YES

>Climate is constantly changing on this planets with or without humans.
Exactamundo

>implying you couldn't die from exposure in the desert conditions of Australia before the industrial revolution
Abbo, I...

Attached: i9r1c.jpg (485x375, 31K)

I heard chewing gum

That's a lie. It was not "immediate and direct". No one came by and ripped the R-12 out of your cars and refrigerators - it was grandfathered in. China didn't ban its production until 2007. Anyone who believes this bullshit is engaging in confirmation bias to reinforce their belief in the doomsday cult of AGW.

You idiot. It was a pretty straight forward solution to the problem. We actually fixed it.