So today while at work, a guys total was $20.25, my part time job is a cashier at a hardware store...

So today while at work, a guys total was $20.25, my part time job is a cashier at a hardware store. So the guy pulls out a 20, then i remember that earlier I put a quarter in my pocket, so while he was contemplating whether to pay with another 20, I said "I got a quarter." And added it to the 20.

I punched in the cash, and then he said "well that was very white of you." He walked away. Why? I would have done it for anyone, no matter what color. Is being kind a white thing? Am i to be demonized for seeing a chance to be helpful? What the fuck?

We are truly living in strange times friends.

Attached: 1454298243369.gif (240x180, 2.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mighty white of you
wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your
elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/should-have-vs-should-of/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aNiAOSKFNR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was he a nigger?

He was white as well. Slimmer man with tattoos and gauges.

>Is being kind a white thing?
Caring for strangers is a white thing. Could you imagine a group of africans setting up a hotline begging for money to feed poor whites?

Ooo that explains it. Hes a hipster libtard fag. He hates you because your white, like him. That's why he hates himself as well and mutilated his body. You should of made him break the 20. Now you know for future occurrences

we simply can not live with these people.

and by this i mean liberals

I get looks like that whenever I leave behind any change less than a dollar. I consider it beneath me and petty to collect pennies and dimes, even if I'm not close to being rich. There are more important things in life.

Amalek awakens

Attached: 1492653459250.jpg (600x315, 47K)

How old was the gentleman? It's an old saying meaning pure of spirit.

Attached: IMG_1590.jpg (900x675, 406K)

Heh, not really
Yeah it really made me fuckin think. Ill stick to bring kind to old ladies from now on.
Sad isn't it?

It's a common expression, I've heard my dad, uncles, and older sister use it for 30 years.

"Playing the White man" is just another way of saying you were doing the right thing. The phrase has no racial connotation to it. That was really racially White of you to though, DESU senpai.

Had to have been late 20s. He sure looked like a lefty though.

Hey if that were me I’d be thanking you profusely don’t take this out on normal looking people, just profile for creeps and weirdos.

>well that was very white of you
Motherfucker...

It goes like this.

"Mighty White of you".

Without the Mighty it just doesn't have that ring to it.

Attached: 1525394392330.png (470x470, 412K)

Keep being white user

So i took it as an insult when it was a compliment? He sure didn't put the tone as a compliment though.

I seriously can’t tel if you’re fucking with us.

It’s an old expression. Just google it.

To me its complimentary yeah.
>i picked up your newspaper walking up to your house
>thanks user, mighty white of you

I dunno then user, honestly it could go either way if that's the case but I feel you

White as in helpful? I would have took my quarter back and made him break another 20. Fuck him

See this chap gets it.

Don't be nice to people, be a dick., Social nicities are fucking dead and make you weak.

Exceptions are in your neighborhood, family, small towns, normal white people.

> Yes leave your coins at the counter goy
> there are better things in life after all
> you don't need petty shekels to be happy goyim

Attached: download.png (230x219, 11K)

Are you sure you didn’t hear wrong?

Pennies are just weight and jingle and smell.

It's in Dirty Harry. But it's not a compliment. It's sarcastic.
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mighty white of you

He was probably thinking something along the lines of "this RACIST is ONLY being kind to me because I'm WHITE!!!"

Should have responded with 'oy vey'

top source lad

It's used a lot around here, but it's always one white person saying it to another, just acknowledging that we do things other races won't normally do.

"I knew you were too busy for lunch so I picked you up a burger and fries." "That's mighty white of you fren!"

It's a saying that we used to use every day in this country 50 years ago. This is how everyone acted.

>Alex McNabb appears

So what's the consensus you faggots? Is it an honest compliment or a way to mock somebody? The internet says it's used when somebody thinks they did something charitable while in reality it's barely worth a mention.

It's another way of saying that was a nice thing you did in contrast to shitskin behavior. I've heard it before and I've used it.

Then the niggers win user

wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your
elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/should-have-vs-should-of/

Bruh he was complimenting you for doing a "white" or good thing. Only a white would help another person like this.

t. Retail fag who deals with all races every day

Worst post. I wonder who could have posted this

Its a way to compliment a fellow white person for doing something kind, because only white people understand the concept of community.

>Jew
>Giving money

Attached: 1522287486170.jpg (543x543, 81K)

>VP in fairly large hospital system
>slumming it in our inner city hospital
>head to cafeteria for lunch
>lady in line is short 75 cents, can't afford lunch
>she starts putting things away
>break out a dollar and tell her don't worry about it
>no thank you, not even an acknowledgement

Catholic health systems are rough

Thats not an insult or bait, its a common saying and this just shows how young you actually are(to not have heard it before)

I don't know his tone of voice, but that is normally used as a compliment. I've heard it even in an old movie from the 30's or 40's. "Mighty white of you!" as a way of saying "thank you!"

Only be kind to YOUR kind.

This is the way brown people want it to be.

It's a slang you retard. You've never heard one white say to another, "That's mighty white of you"? It means "very generous".

He probably said 'nice' not 'white', did he have a lip gauge?

Exactly

>the silent, feigned shame of daily gibs

I used to know a guy who shared a hunting lease I joined. He was an incredible racist. Whenever he someone would do something stupid or out of turn he would tell them to try and be white. He also would say that was white of you when someone did something he liked. Dude was a retired cop lol.

Doesn't matter anyway, the faggot would go on the defensive for insulting a Jew

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aNiAOSKFNR4

Youre just from a bitch country

Sometimes I wonder how many old fucks like that are on Jow Forums

>I punched in the cash, and then he said "well that was very white of you." He walked away. Why? I would have done it for anyone, no matter what color. Is being kind a white thing? Am i to be demonized for seeing a chance to be helpful? What the fuck?
It's an old-timey expression you used to hear said in movies and shit. It's a compliment, and the guy probably meant it as such.
>Slimmer man with tattoos and gauges.
This confirms it. Guy's a hipster, thinks using old-time expressions makes him hip. But he's unintelligent enough not to realize it's offensive in the current climate.

Next time just answer, "Well, and THAT was very racist of you" (or alternatively "very black of you", if you're in the mood to have a screaming and kicking sack of shit removed from the premises by security).

I can tell you it’s not this guy since He died from cancer.

>nigger dictionary

Well thats mighty facist of you

Shove off, kraut

Sounds like a small minded person.

You guys have never met an ex-hardcore gen y-er, lots of them are racist

that was obviously not the context that was happening.

Reminds me of when I went through the Wendy's drive thru a few weeks ago.

>pull around to the window, a black guy greets me "Hello sir, how are you?"
>I say, "I'm good. How are you?"
>He says "Oh. I'm black."
>I pause for a second and laugh, because I've never heard anyone say this and don't immediately know how to respond.
>He responds with "What's so funny about that? Why are you laughing? I don't appreciate that. I'm not a joke. What the fuck is yo problem white boy? Mip mop bidda be blah blah blah angry chimp noises."

What's even going on in the world anymore? What the fuck was I supposed to say?

Attached: 1165247240177.jpg (710x514, 55K)

My dad told me this used to be a common saying whenever someone did a good or virtuous thing.

He was baiting you regardless.

It's a western thing which happens to be a white thing.

Attached: owyctsdvx9611.png (1080x933, 131K)

Did he say it as a compliment or was he being a dick?

*minutes before this post*
>picks up phone
>calls dad
>Dad?? yeah yeah, you know the phrase 'that's white of you?' can you tell me what it means? my Internet friends are having a disagreement. I love you dad thanks

"That's mighty white of you" has been an American compliment since pretty much forever.

Attached: Obama 1488.jpg (900x900, 234K)

ur a fag and deserve to be killed. i hope you witness the rape of your gf and child by a pack of migrants

These fucking people

What was his age? its just old slang
its just people fucking around dont be alarmed,
in fact its kind of a complement to white people since we are so well know for being nice

Recently I walked into a pizza place and ordered a slice and half a sausage calzone. It was $9.80. I had exactly $9 in cash on me but more in my truck. The guy behind the counter said, just give me the $9. I said, no, I got the rest in my truck. He said, "ok, I just didn't want 80 cents to stop you from having some lunch. I thought that was pretty cool.

No, this was a long time ago. He knows I'm a white nationalist and he sometimes shares things like that as an awkward way of trying to relate to me when he's mad at me. He was bitching at me for not being open and honest with him and going behind his back about something and said that my behavior "wasn't white of [me]." Really annoying as he was just being paranoid and stupid and blaming me for a sibling's decision.

But my dad being an obtuse dick isn't what this thread is about so I'll stop whining like a little bitch.

I always empty out the spare change tray at any store Im at. I keep it in a jug and cash it out once a year.

Thanks for your tribe's viewpoint, rabbi.

Contrast "Mighty white of you" with "Fuckers Jewed me."

Attached: Merchant killing Wojak.jpg (234x216, 8K)

This
It's used a lot where I live and it's a compliment.

>helping out a degenerate

Hope you learned your lesson.

Are you sure he didnt say mighty wide or pretty wide of you?

That was mighty white of you.

Normal statement for doing an exceptional deed.

that saying is as old as the hills. it means thank you.

I did and, once you sift through all the kvetching, it seems to check out. Urban dictionary suggests it's used ironically in the current year. Interesting that I can't recall ever reading it or seeing it used in movies/tv.

I'm bringing it back.

KEK

Attached: 1506561758329.gif (501x585, 11K)

The expression is that's very "Christian" of you.

imagine; this guy is unaware there are 51 people discussing his passing phrase on the Internet somewhere.

> tfw(((They))) are desperately trying to demonize whites yet phrases like those exist in modern english
lul

"mighty white of you" It's an old saying from 20 years ago. I used it once 15 years ago after moving to another city. Said it to a chinese friend of my brother when he gave me a smoke. I was a redneck then.

half of them aren't even white themselves

Attached: 021.jpg (208x199, 26K)

Yeah, I remember the day a black person put their hand in their own pocket to pay for something for someone else.

Wait... That has never happened.

I've always known "that's mighty white of you" to be a compliment, although an impolite one to use around non-whites.
Given how your customer misspoke that phrase and said it negatively, he's probably just some faggot who was insulting you.
I see those lanky, tattooed faggots around every now and then. They act incredibly awkward and insecure while out in public.

Mighty white of you, we said it all the time in the 80s. It's an actual compliment.

I have had lefty friends say this to me when doing something nice, or more just like expected, holding the door, grabbing an extra beer for someone etc. I brought it up that it sounds racist (cuz they give me shit for that) and they said no its speaking of a good thing. Like the asian math meme. I pointed out that by saying that they are acknowledging that nonwhites wouldn't do something similar. Havent heard them say it since lol

According to some very racist Asians I overheard at Six Flags standing in line at the burrito place, yes.

>Go to a panda express near the college today, getting my drink, grab chopsticks...

>Have some fucking pinheaded little twit of a girl come up to me and ask if I ever consider how I'm appropriating Asian culture by using chopsticks as a white guy.

>In a fucking Panda Express.

Now I see this thread... is it the heat?

Attached: 1430967784446.jpg (720x480, 29K)

Christian like a lesbian bishop or Christian like KONY 2012?

kek. I have seen it but she was a christian, and mixed. (So I don't know if it really counts)

yeah it's an old tyme compliment..white people are notoriously kinder and more thoughtful...mighty white of you...kek brings back memories!

The guy was projecting his own guilt on how he.conducts himself in life onto you. Being married to a therapist can be annoying, but damn, it's helped.me.understand the leftwing cry babies.