This man is proof that a high IQ doesn't translate to intelligence and success

This man is proof that a high IQ doesn't translate to intelligence and success.

Attached: christopher-langan.jpg (339x382, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

megafoundation.org/CTMU/Articles/Langan_CTMU_092902.pdf
bemorewithless.com/the-story-of-the-mexican-fisherman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's Jow Forums: the man

>I am literally retarded.

Sagebait saged.

Success is defined differently by different people.

This man is proof that success is not a result of wisdom. He is also proof that material goods are elevated too high in importance. Fys (fuck yourself).

This is Jow Forums.

Attached: IMG_185.jpg (225x224, 11K)

Its really hard for idiots to understand that not everyone wants to use their gifts to amass wealth.

Attached: 6647e2960b0a2ec2127adb8891b1b160.jpg (236x314, 18K)

I think you get what op is saying.

Can someone name a successful high IQ person? No Steve Jobs, Musk, or Gates, I mean really high IQ, Kazynski tier

High IQ means understanding that societies values are arbitrary, a person above a certain IQ will actually become unsuccessfull by normal measure of humans

Donald The Strong

Attached: 93800EAC-2608-43B5-8F66-09648BCF8C8B.jpg (1920x1920, 495K)

Well, we all know who he is, and none of us know your name OP. Why would you be a reliable source on who is intelligent or successful? You are clearly less successful than he is.

>High IQ means understanding that societies values are arbitrary
Teenage angst tier intelligence. I bet you're an atheist too.

Attached: PicsArt_04-19-01.33.44.jpg (598x687, 81K)

>success is defined by the amount of social status and material wealth you have
Good goy!

I'm assuming he's making a false equivalency between wealth and success.

He is an academic. How is that not successful?

No, genius syndrome is actually a thing.

You fail at social aspects and usually don't care about normal trappings, as your intelligence generally makes you happy due to your inner world and interests.

Usually, they gain "fame" by things they discover on their own.

t.160 IQ (probably higher, but that needs special testing) that you'd mistake for a hobo

He chooses to live that way. So do I. 150+ reporting in. I could go live in a city and make more but the cost benefit relationship of my job keeps me happy. What you retards dont get is success and money doesn't equal happiness.

Can confirm. I spend 90% of my time in my own imagination. Can find some freaky prophetic stuff in there.

This thread was literally made by some triggered niggercuck(why doesn't spellcheck pick up niggercuck?) who saw the Chris threads about importing gorillas that was posted a bit earlier. Bump it and post monkeys>nogs memes. I don't have any and am phonefagging.

Claims vs. Is - what an odd concept- why argue that you're something you're not? Likewise why accuse others of something unprovable- particularly on 4nogs?

Bingo mate.

he lives a happy life, one can only phantom what being"successful" means or even if it has any value from his point of view, I don't think he has any desire for fame whatsoever, if anything the fact that op seems to conflate the two proves he is pretty dumb to begin with.

(((Success)))

Disentangling yourself from the arbitrary measures of society is the first step to obtaining real wealth bro. How many pussys you smashed? How much dough you got? How many achievements have you unlocked? How much property do you own? Still trying to keep up with this and that? Bet you couldn't sit in a room for an hour with your soul bared to your own mind. You'd go mad.

Literally WHO?

This. If you actually watch his interviews, he explicitly stated he chose not to pursue a high paying career because it simply didn't interest him.

who dis man?

>claims

Read OPs image name you dumb fucks.

The fact that he's on our side convinces me more than anything else of his intelligence, actually.

Amen to that but religion makes me tired. I usually spot for howling at the moon and my wife gets concerned. I think man and the divine are hopelessly intertwined and the more you embrace it the more crazy you can seem to Tom Dick and Harry. Do I want a big house? Not really. I do because I'm somewhat vain but in the broader scope I'm happy where I'm at. There reaches a point where money is superfluous. What point that is changes for different people.

>a genius
There is no proof that he has a high IQ. There are only his claims. He's never actually been independently assessed. He can write endless purple prose, but, when it's broken down, he doesn't say anything that is insightful or even testable as a theory. It's gobbledygook. This is the opinion of all the physicists who've looked at his work. He's a quack.

Attached: 1529182083313.gif (245x247, 619K)

Are you that user from the thread about koko who was butthurt over the fact that koko was much more intelligent then the negroe savages in somalia?

He's not an academic. He's never been published and is not affiliated with any university. He's just a loquacious, grandiloquent bouncer with too much time on his hands.

>no refutation
>ad hominem
>ad verecundiam
>no substance
>no counterpoints

Trisomy 21 victim. Post your mother's number so we can berate her for not swallowing you.

IQ is only a measure of your potential. This is why not all whites/asians are successful, but niggers almost never are.

>he lives a happy life,
The guy admits to not being able to do all the things in live that he'd like to because he's broke. That's not a happy life. He seems to be struggling bad. A brilliant man may not be interested in the endless acquisition of wealth, but he should at least do what's necessary to not have to be in economic crisis half the time. The guy sounds like a fuck up, frankly.

>He's just a loquacious, grandiloquent bouncer with too much time on his hands.
Who's also in the top .000001% of human intelligence.

>this

I have seen these people, they are wildly different from the plebeian masses who're heavily conditioned to view social hierarchy as the be and end all of existence.

High IQ individuals because they are so rare seem to want to just explore existence.

Getting an income is literally of no concern to them, likely because they can get a job in this age without so much difficulty.

Attached: 1529480605604.png (406x500, 92K)

>anti-IQ retard from last thread
He lives on a farm and has a comfy life. Calling him 'broke' is being a dishonest shitstain (which you obviously are).

>Who's also in the top .000001% of human intelligence.
>who claims to be
He's never been independently tested. He only claims to have that score, as determined by self-administered tests he wrote long ago. He's just a fraud and a huckster.

Yes

>still no evidence or refutation
Tell us more how IQ tests don't matter anyways.

140+ here. I do what makes me happy (tennis, playing piano, writing, browsing the internet, ect...) instead of focusing my entire existence on making shekels. Why should I spend all day slaving away at a job that I don't care about?

You know what the internet says is true.
>Jow Forums is where smart people go to pretend to be retarded.
>Reddit is where dumb people go to pretend to be intelligent.

I have a very high IQ and this is me. Nothing I could do for a living is particularly interesting, and every time I try to work for somebody else, I get quickly fed up by having to follow orders from somebody inferior.

Thank God my family gives me tons of money for free.

Attached: 1530791650905.png (312x464, 92K)

WOMP WOMP

tfw too smart to succeed

It's kinda like how idiots think life revolves around sex or happy life means being married and living like a normie.

Nah, that's called Autism. It's okay, you're in good company here.

It's the mark of a small mind - the kind of mind that doesn't believe in IQ testing.

I like how avoid the fact that his IQ has never been tested independently and how that is the entire basis for his claim to fame. He's a fraud and that's why he's never been published and never will. He's a fraud looking for your money.

Don't you think somebody would have tested him already if he made an outrageous claim like he has an IQ of 200? If he was a dumbass as you claim, he really would have been nobody.

>Forty-two years old, he pulls down $6,000 a year. He lives in a tiny, cluttered one-room cabin overlooking a field of heavy machinery in Eastport, Long Island--a short drive from the tony Hamptons--which he shares with his cat, Ramona, and his 1985 shovelhead Harley-Davidson, parked near the sink in his kitchen.
>He got into college on a scholarship. He lost the scholarship when his mother forgot to sign the financial forms. He took a year off, earned money fighting forest fires, enrolled at another college. Then his car broke down in the middle of winter. He had no money to fix it. He had to walk fifteen rural miles in the snow every day or face failure. At neither school were officials willing to give him a break. "There I was, paying my own money, taking classes from people who were obviously my intellectual inferiors," he says. "I just figured, Hey, I need this like a moose needs a hat rack! I could literally teach these people more than they could teach me, and, on top of that, they have no under standing, they don't want to help me out in the least. To this day, I have no respect for academics. I call them acadummies."

The guy is a moron.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 9K)

Aryans are autistic? Dang, son.

But more seriously: I am not, and can socially function just fine.

He is a nobody.
His IQ has never been tested. He said he knows his IQ because he self administered one that he found (or ordered) in Omni magazine. This was 16 years ago. There were no witnesses.
He has never been published
He collaborates with no one
He's affiliated with no university or academic institution
He pretends to be a hyper genius because it validates his rather fragile ego. But the media largely ignores him and he won't interact with academics or scientists, and so he's been getting a pass with his claim to have a 200+ IQ. His entire reputation is the result of nothing but hollow self-promotion

But you seem so personally stuck on him, why? If he's nobody, he shouldn't matter to you. Did he kill your family?

Post some of his greatest hits.

You kind of remind me of a verified journo in twitter going in a warpath to slander somebody to prove something.

No, I just read his very brief wiki article and an interview. The facts are all there.

I let Mr. Langan's words speak for themselves.

A fair portion of high IQ individuals withdraw from society for various reasons. I wouldn't blame anyone not wanting to get involved in the rat race for money and fame that we now call civilization.

proved the existence of God, the soul, and an afterlife using math:

megafoundation.org/CTMU/Articles/Langan_CTMU_092902.pdf

he also got banned from kikebook for this gem

Attached: langan.jpg (500x802, 124K)

One more proof jews can't handle the truth.

I can't prove that his IQ is 200, but what that man is saying makes a great deal of sense.

>megafoundation.org/CTMU/Articles/Langan_CTMU_092902.pdf
Shit, that's a very interesting read.

Go to bed Don.

He's a big guy

Attached: langan2.png (896x574, 1000K)

145 here. I figured out how to make money pretty early on, it is like a game to me. I own business abd speculate in real estate but I dont have a job where I get a paycheck and go to an office or jobsite. Having your time to yourself is the greatest luxury money can buy and I think high IQ people figure that out more than most.

To earn income so you can buy land and raise grass fed eggs and beef to feed your children and wife

I have above average IQ. I'm a fucking retard.

4u

>really great thread about him earlier
>shills shitposting him now
Really makes you think

>you need a high IQ to recognize having free time is a good thing

some how i doubt you have a 145 IQ

If anyone knows the esports memes
>200 iq outplays
Shit this is the man for that

IQ literally translates to intelligence you sperg.

This. Plenty of intelligent people don't want to do the stereotypical type A striver shit. Everyone focuses on the rewards of being an investment banker, big law lawyer, doctor, etc. and not enough gets said of the insane costs and risks accompanying those career choices.

I scored in the top one percent of lsat takers, got accepted into a top tier law school and rejected it so I could teach English and write fiction in my spare time. I've seen so many elite law school grads burn out of the legal field and go into teaching/writing that I figured it wasn't worth diverting years of my life, taking out a boatload in loans, and busting my ass just to become another flabby, overworked, undersexed, no life lawyer.

I've won awards for my writing, some of my work has been featured in big magazines, and I have time to work out, read, date, and go on vacation..

If you're smart but not a highly conscientious/ type A striver, a lot of that shit just looks retarded.

bemorewithless.com/the-story-of-the-mexican-fisherman/

Sage retard threads