Is nihilism the ultimate red pill?

Is nihilism the ultimate red pill?

Christcucks need not answer.

Attached: 800px-Nietzsche187a.jpg (800x1085, 262K)

Nietzche believed in a God you fuck head. Its just beyond the notions of good and evil and our comprehension.

and he was against nihilism, did you even read any of his shit or do you just regurgitate what other people tell you?

If it is beyond all things, it has no need for worship then. If it is beyond all of us, it matters not.

For Nietzsche, there is no objective order or structure in the world except what we give it. Penetrating the façades buttressing convictions, the nihilist discovers that all values are baseless and that reason is impotent. "Every belief, every considering something-true," Nietzsche writes, "is necessarily false because there is simply no true world" (Will to Power [notes from 1883-1888])

Nietzsche was not a nihilist. He was anti-moralism.

Absolutely not. Writing dissertation on N. AMA.

Nihilism: rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.

Nihilism doesn't instantly mean life is meaningless; a bunch of you edgelords made that a necessary comparison in your own heads.

you obviously know your shit so there is no need in arguing this. but nihilism was a step before the becoming of the uberman, the one who was truly able to give his own meaning to life

Actually, no. He believe the second part of nihilism was that each to his own, basically, you had to find your own purpose in life. So, he's against the common idea of what nihilism is, but his second thoughts on the matter were still nihilistic.

How badly did his sister fuck with his works? we know she did to some degree to make them far more nationalist but to what level did she fundamentally alter his works?

dissertations suck dick. you must become a student of nietzche, not some other cuck

For some, value standards (for morality, aesthetics, etc) are legitimate only if they come from a beyond, be it God, or the muses, or the forms, noumenon, nature, etc. If this is a foundation of your belief, then yes, N was a nihilist, because he didn't think such a beyond existed. If, however, you think that value standards can be legitimate even though they don't come from a beyond (which was Nietzsche's personal task), then he was definitely not a nihilist.

His own meaning, not a standard for anyone else but himself. Yes.

no

Attached: A4250F59-2C86-4EBA-A67E-357272D23A3E.png (989x768, 414K)

I've been reading N for 11 years, faggot. I have a better grasp than anyone out there.

It's a black pill

you may want to go back to thus spoke zarathustra then

you've never read nietzche shu the fuck up, you sub-human untermensch
>why is Jow Forums so autistic

Retard.

Attached: 1527253416517.jpg (465x744, 111K)

No. N was not an individualist existentialist of the sort Kaufmann made him out to be...for the sake of distancing N away from Nazis. The closest N comes to is Plato's philosopher king or Moses, if Moses wanted to legislate value without having to rely on God. Its not just about the individual. It's about ruling others, legislating one's own values upon them, inscribing one's own thou shalts onto the tablets of OTHER people's hearts.

For what, I can basically sing the fucking book.

>Is nihilism the ultimate red pill?
Is op a kike?

Accepting his work inherently means denying the morality of society and instead seeking your own objective truths and morals as he did. If they fuck up and do stupid shit well that's them.

>nihilism
>picture of nietzsche
maybe you should start with actually reading nietzsche, then maybe you'd see how much of an ass you're making of yourself right now.

"The Will to Power" was a collection of unfinished notes Nietzsche compiled and edited by his sister after his death.

No funny stuff

Attached: the-big-lebowski-t-shirt-nihilists-t-shirts-men-s-polo-shirt.jpg (300x300, 25K)

My god, this line is parroted to all hell to distance N away from the Nazis. Its become the mantra of all who love N but can't stand to see him in the proximity of the big bad nazis.

Edited and totally ruined. I wouldn't trust anything she had her dirty ultra-nationalist hands on.

>Kekistani flag

Kill yourself

doesn't mean you understood it

>Shit i can't win an argument
>Better find something to insult
>Oh look a meme flag

NEET-sche believed that god was dead and it was time for humanity to evolve to the ubermensch, that being said he calls for a questioning of traditional christian morals with emphasis on that the only way for mankind to evolve is through constant hard work and striving to better ones ones self everyday not by being nihilistic.
>it's hard but you should actually read the book

Attached: 1507861059160.jpg (724x948, 601K)

>your own objective truths and morals
This is wrong, both inherently, and in the context of Nietzsche's philosophy. He believed that slavish morality (good and evil) was corrupt and degenerate. He believed that right/wrong, beneficial/harmful, and healthy/unhealthy were real and objective. Nietzsche was opposed to altruism, but was very much aware of rational, healthy choices. including choices that brought your will to power over the world around you.

>Christians can't be nihilistic
you should read Ecclesiastes

He also believed you could find it through your own work, implying they are YOUR objective morality, and not societies

will to power was edited by his sisters husband which means it doesnt fully represent nietzche

>façades
Hello ronaldo

Alright faggot, what's the connection between the ubermensch and eternal return? You're making N out to be some super high energy guy who wanted people to seize the day, and work hard and go to museums and work out instead of the absolute history breaking motherfucker that he thought he was. The original zarathustra, for him, who he thought lived around 10k years ago set in motion a sense of time which was linear, and in sodoing created the paradigm within which you have moses, and jesus, and plato, and karl marx and all these other PEONS. They all operate within that framework, UNTIL Nietzsche comes along and redefines time by resurrecting Zarathustra and introducing a new sense of time.

Think of it this way, just to get a grip of Nietzsche's ambition, which not even Alexander the great could rival: Nietzsche wants to OWN the next 10,000 years of human history. He wants all future Platos and Moseses and Mohameds and basically all future great individual men who create peoples underneath them as his spiritual CHILDREN.

And you make out this man to be some fucking faggot who would drive a jeep today and really just embrace life, dude bro.

The bible created the original nihilism.

Everything Is Meaningless
1 The words of the Teacher,[a] son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

in thus spake zarasthurstra nietzsche says to choose what you view to be good or bad and impose those as values to live by in order to create virtues( defining character qualities) for yourself to live by, in order to be virtuistic you have to be doing something good for yourself or for others.

Dude, that is the most beautiful section of the bible, and its not advocating Nihilism. It's showing the most profound understanding of it as well as prescribing some medicine for it. All great movements in human history are a confrontation with and a prescription for exactly this sentiment expressed here. As a nietzschean, I am as antichristian as you can get, but if you can't appreciate and absolutely love this section of the bible as well as love the kindred spirit who suffered in the most profoundly human way, then you are not made for wisdom.

are you for or against me

Wow, you actually understood TSZ.
Woe to the rope-dancers.

Nietzsche is not Ivan from brothers karamazov. Creation of values isn't something just any faggot can do. To create values does not mean to be a haphazardly do whatever you want to do, as a mere animal, as a satanist, basically. Its something which like 3-4 people in history have been able to accomplish. It's a tremendously difficult thing, and its not for one's own sake. It's out of a gift-giving spirit, and in response to a confrontation with the abyss, as laid out here by this faggot who quotes the best part of the bible

No retard. Nihilism is the blackpill. Christ will forever be the ultimate redpill

He didn’t necessarily believe in God. But he damned sure didn’t advocate nihilism. The exact opposite, in fact. He loathed it.

thats because he, as well as the rest of us, are still awaiting the arrival of the uberman. the one who's will molds all of reality

>i say that N wanted people to be ambitious and virtuistic
>you not correct because ___
>you are correct because ___

>you are making N sound like a boomer
>"wow you understand college level adult literature because you wrote so much"

Attached: 200_s.gif (263x200, 20K)

I agree that this is up in the air on exactly what he believed, but his notions about the philosopher being beyond good and evil and the eternal recurrence strongly point to the fact that there was something he was desperately trying to attain or comprehend. anyone in this thread who says they understand nietzsche is a fool, even myself.

Sure bro. Nietzsche was all about finding yourself, like go eat pray love my man, and just find yourself.

it's the blackpill. it's the one you should struggle to escape

Attached: IMG_0367large2.png (321x558, 348K)

nihilism more like nihiloser, seriously who gives a shit

what do you view as good and bad? are you conservative or democrat? great!, once you've found out what you believe in you can start to work on them to make it a reality and through this work you create virtues for yourself and later establish these virtues as character qualities as you mature.

Virtuosic? What the fuck does that mean? You have a vague sense of what that is in your head which you've received from the decrepit and degenerating tradition you're a part of. Yes, Nietzsche wanted people to be go getters with principles! Just to be their best selves!

Look, there are game makers, and there's players. Lykurgus was the founder of sparta. He drafted their constitution like a maze for the human spirit. By abiding by the norms that he set out, he molded those men into what we understand them as: warriors. Then there's Leonidas, the man who we might say embodies all the spartan virtues. He played Lykurgus' game well. Lykurgus was a game developer who made a game complete with levels and ways of getting points, he set the conditions for victory and so on, and then there's Leonidas, who played Lykurgus' game, and got the most points (i.e., was the most "virtuous", whereby virtuous we just mean did what Lykurgus thought was good). I'm saying that Nietzsche was more akin to Lykurgus. He sought to create norms which if embodied in a society would create the type of people he thought were ideal. He thought of himself akin to a Platonic demiurge who forged the clay and made men in his own image. In fact, Zarathustra says more or less the same thing. Saying N wanted people to be ambituous and virtuistic makes him out to be some faggot Dale Carnegie wannabe. Read Nietzsche to psych yourself up into being your best self! GO out there and be somebody, but virtuously!

Conservative or democrat? You understand that Nietzsche despised the state and nationalism more than he despised Christianity? Statism is a poor man's attempt at supplanting christianity, but whereas with the former everyone worked and sacrificed for the sake of an elite few of the church, some actual human beings, with the state, everyone works and sacrifices for a bloodless abstract nothing, a "cold monster," as Nietzsche puts it. That's not to say Niezsche wouldn't be about saving the white race in today's world, I'm certain he'd see that as a priority, since he saw blaks as subhuman, but....to get to the point, Nietzsche is severely underestimated and misunderstood, and he's not a life coach and cheerleader.

You know you should really look up something called pascals wager.
Once you know what this is, you have a choice to make.

>Christcucks need not answer

If it wasn't because of Nihilism we wouldn't be in this position in the first place. Fuck off kike.

Put simply, his philosophy is about relinquishing all but the standards set out for the overman. A "going under" of said relinquishing, that is to say, persuasion. And living as if you reason was to manifest that persuasions relinquishing.

Dumbest, argument, ever.

>Nihilism: rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.
Are you stupid? No it isn't.

Nihilism generally is considered in two forms:
(1) Existential nihilism, which argues that life is without {{{ objective, i.e. god-given }}} meaning, value or purpose. However, the truth is, all intrinsic value is subjective and contrived by men. Life has whatever purpose, value and meaning WE give it.

(2) Moral nihilists, who assert that morality does not {{{ objectively, i.e. god-given }}} exist, and that any established moral values are ultimately decided upon by men.

Theists imagine that their "afterlife" is the only one that matters, literally calling life in this world "nothing". They couldn't care less about this existence. For them, their mortal life is practically without meaning, value or purpose. By contrast, an atheist's life has far more meaning to him because it is the only life he has. He knows it is up to him to make purpose for himself, not wait for some deity to hand it to him or decide his "destiny". This existence is everything to an atheist, ergo, it has the MOST meaning, value and purpose.

In fact, theists know that their holy books are written by men. The excuse they give is that despite the fact that they have no clue who these men are, they take in on faith that they were somehow "inspired" to write only the words of their imaginary supernatural beings. Do we still have slavery like the bible? No? It's because the words of god have changed or Christian morality has somehow shifted over time? It's obviously moral relativism.

The fact is, morality has always been is a man-made concept. Men invent rules, then men fabricate "gods" to enforce the rules. then men change the rules and pretend their morality has been "objective" or "absolute" all along. That's been the unwavering constant of all made-up gods in history.

Pascal's wager is a failure of an argument that would only work if there was literally a single religion in the world. Prove to me definitively that if there is a god he is the christian god and not the muslim one, or the greek ones, or one of the other literally millions of religions out there.

So how is what you just said not the rejection of our religious and moral principles? You just debunked them as subjective and man-made when they claimed divinity

>Is nihilism the ultimate red pill?

Life is entirely pointless to most Atheists. They've been guiding our countries since WW2 and look at the state of our countries now.

> Hurr Durr, we so advanced technologically

Yes, all of that was kicked off and started while our countries were embracing Christianity. Atheism/liberalism/tolerance has ruined what the world could've been. There was so much potential, and now it's gone because of it.

Nietzsche wrote in The Will to Power that Nihilism would become prominent over the course of the next one or two centuries but that nihilism would necessarily be superseded. So no.

Literally what. Athiests have yet to and are still not in any positions of power in any major nations

>every time

Attached: nietzsche1.png (499x473, 145K)

>So how is what you just said not the rejection of our religious and moral principles?
Religion co-opted our man-made morals. Man-made morals are the only legitimate ones.
The liars who claim their morals were inspired by gods are just fucking liars. We can discard them and their sky fairies.

>Life is entirely pointless to most Atheists.
Sorry, no one with an IQ below 40 allowed to post in this thread.

>meme flag kike
see thats the thing
id rather live a life of peace and happiness than despair over the future of the afterlife
if theres nothing after, then were all good.
but if there is... you are fucked dude.
perhaps the fear towards the end of your life will make you change your mind.

Nietzsche is possibly the most widely and severely misunderstood thinker ever.

I'm not despairing because I don't believe in an afterlife. You should probably be a bit worried because you have no proof that your one religion is the right one. what happens if you were right about there being a god and it turns out he was the muslim one? we both go to hell, difference is i never worried about it.

>"I'm going to show you that you can see the world in a way without a higher being existing above us all"
>sees horse beaten to death
>has mental breakdown

It's like saying you can watch yourself stare at your eye but get pissed off when someone breaks the mirror

>but if there is... you are fucked dude.
The problem with your little wager Pascal, is that you chose the wrong religion and you're going to Hades.

>Is nihilism the ultimate redpill
>picture of Nietzsche
1/10 weak bait

>Once you know what this is, you have a choice to make.
You only have one choice if you're an atheist. If you're a theist, there are thousands of gods and religions. You have to adhere strictly to all of them.

Nihilism is teenager shit.

Narrative analysis and alchemy have actual value and can be translated across skills and activities as well as philosophical spaces

>I have no clue what Nihilism is.
You sure sound it, too.

That's not nihilism. Nihilism is the emptying of value of one or more categories of life. A nihilistic doctrine is one that seeks to suppress at least one category of life. Nietzsche called Christianity nihilistic and in fact charged it with being the ultimate form of nihilism because he saw in it a rejection of the entirety of life.

Why shouldn't I just go full black pill? I'm mid 20s, decent job with a house and multiple investments however the only people I talk to are family. I'm literally autist mode. There's no point to any of this shit if I open my mouth and get looked at like half my brain is leaking out of a hole in the side of my head.

Christ is the only way to salvation.

Stop trying to black pill

Childhood is believing the standard religion of your birth. Adolescence is nihilism. Adulthood is coming back to religion having been enlightened. Growing up mirrors the three steps of Plato's The Cave allegory. Being fooled from birth, being enlightened, and returning again.

Preach

You shouldnt be justifying your choices to me
you should be justifying your choice to your own hearts.

okay but in the mythos of the cave the person who comes back realizes what they saw before was fake and when they try to tell others they shun him. Your analogy sort of fails in a hilarious way.

We aren't justifying anything. just pointing out the logical fallacies of pascal's wager.

Are you a teenager?

If it doesn't kill you it will set you free but it will turn you into a monster. As a monster you then have to decide if you will consume the Earth like the other demons or discover your true purpose.

Attached: Black_Mollies_Capsule__90409.1460132680.386.513.jpg (386x258, 50K)

The Jewish Mason's plan for Three world wars is to use Nihilists and atheists as easy to maneuver pawns.
It's super blue pilled

>Nietzsche
>Nihilism
pick one

Attached: ff46c45f009f2c682ceaf22ef4142f90.jpg (246x320, 22K)

>implying yiu cant be both christian and a nihilist.
Have you read revelations?

Explain
I know nothing of him except that people equate him with nihilism

>Adolescence is nihilism.
Why are theists so laughingly retarded?

>Nihilism is the emptying of value
>That's not nihilism
That's not nihilism.

Nietzshe hated nihilists
/thread

>Christianity is an ingenuous attempt at bringing about a Buddhistic movement in favour of peace, sprung from the very heart of the resenting masses ... but transformed by Paul into a mysterious pagan cult, which was ultimately able to accord with the whole of State organisation, and which carries on war, condemns, tortures, conjures, and hates. Paul bases his teaching upon the need of mystery felt by the great masses capable of religious emotions: he seeks a victim, a bloody phantasmagoria, which may be equal to a contest with the images of a secret cult: God on the cross, the drinking of blood, the unio mystica with the "victim." He seeks the prolongation of life after death (the blessed and atoned after-life of the individual soul) which he puts in causal relation with the victim already referred to (according to the type of Dionysos, Mithras, Osiris). He feels the necessity of bringing notions of guilt and sin into the foreground, not a new practice of life (as Jesus Himself demonstrated and taught), but a new cult, a new belief, a belief in a miraculous metamorphosis ("Salvation" through belief).

>The Christians have done exactly what the Jews did before them. They introduced what they conceived to be an innovation and a thing necessary to self-preservation into their Master's teaching, and wove His life into it They likewise credited Him with all the wisdom of a maker of proverbs—in short, they represented their everyday life and activity as an act of obedience, and thus sanctified their propaganda.

>Christianity has become something fundamentally different from what its Founder wished it to be. It is the great anti-pagan movement of antiquity, formulated with the use of the life, teaching, and "words" of the Founder of Christianity, but interpreted quite arbitrarily, according to a scheme embodying profoundly different needs: translated into the language of all the subterranean religions then existing. It is the rise of Pessimism (whereas Jesus wished to bring the peace and the happiness of the lambs): and moreover the Pessimism of the weak, of the inferior, of the suffering, and of the oppressed. Its mortal enemies are (1) Power, whether in the form of character, intellect, or taste, and "worldliness"; (2) the "good cheer" of classical times, the noble levity and scepticism, hard pride, eccentric dissipation, and cold frugality of the sage, Greek refinement in manners, words, and form. Its mortal enemy is as much the Roman as the Greek. The attempt on the part of anti-paganism to establish itself on a philosophical basis, and to make its tenets possible: it shows a taste for the ambiguous figures of antique culture, and above all for Plato, who was, more than any other, an anti-Hellene and Semite in instinct.... It also shows a taste for Stoicism, which is essentially the work of Semites ("dignity" is regarded as severity, law; virtue is held to be greatness, self-responsibility, authority, greatest sovereignty over oneself—this is Semitic.) The Stoic is an Arabian sheik wrapped in Greek togas and notions.

>Sin, repentance, forgiveness,—all this does not belong to Christianity ... it is Judaism or Paganism which has become mixed up with Christ's teaching.

>The physiology of Nihilistic religions.—All in all, the Nihilistic religions are systematised histories of sickness described in religious and moral terminology. In pagan cultures it is around the interpretation of the great annual cycles that the religious cult turns; in Christianity it is around a cycle of paralytic phenomena.

>This Nihilistic religion gathers together all the decadent elements and things of like order which it can find in antiquity, viz.:— (a) The weak and the botched (the refuse of the ancient world, and that of which it rid itself with most violence). (b) Those who are morally obsessed and anti-pagan. (c) Those who are weary of politics and indifferent (the blasé Romans), the denationalised, who know not what they are. (d) Those who are tired of themselves—who are happy to be party to a subterranean conspiracy.

>Paganism is that which says yea to all that is natural, it is innocence in being natural, "naturalness." Christianity is that which says no to all that is natural, it is a certain lack of dignity in being natural; hostility to Nature. "Innocent":—Petronius is innocent, for instance. Beside this happy man a Christian is absolutely devoid of innocence. But since even the Christian status is ultimately only a natural condition, the term "Christian" soon begins to mean the counterfeiting of the psychological interpretation.

>The egregious lie of history: as if it were the corruption of Paganism that opened the road to Christianity. As a matter of fact, it was the enfeeblement and moralisation of the man of antiquity. The new interpretation of natural functions, which made them appear like vices, had already gone before!

>Moral fanaticism (in short: Plato) destroyed paganism by transvaluing its values and poisoning its innocence. We ought at last to understand that what was then destroyed was higher than what prevailed! Christianity grew on the soil of psychological corruption, and could only take root in rotten ground.

Basically said that now that God is dead that we were on our own and had to create new values to fill th void.