Which country has the best flag and why is it Wales?

Which country has the best flag and why is it Wales?

Attached: download.png (290x174, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vK4nKz6RszQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that Henry VII was Welsh.

Attached: henry banner.jpg (500x197, 23K)

/thread

Attached: india_flag_1-500x500.jpg (500x313, 30K)

Born in comfy Pembroke castle

Attached: 250px-Pembroke_Castle_-_June_2011.jpg (250x166, 14K)

Attached: seychellesflagimage1[1].png (1000x500, 8K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vK4nKz6RszQ
Welsh dragon balance breaker!
BOOSTO!
BOOSTO!
BOOSTO!
BOOSTO!

How come the Welsh submitted to English rule so easily? Is there/has there ever been any desire for independence in Wales?

Attached: 17300-199akp0.png (620x414, 52K)

It wasn't easy it's why Wales has the most castles in the world because the English needed a constant garrison to keep the Welsh in check there was a 13 year rebellion led by kwain glydwr the Welsh was constantly rebelling up until Edward the VI just rofl stopmed us with their superior population and organised army but up until that point we were a big nuisance

owain glyndwr*

Attached: 1379424.jpg (540x332, 23K)

It took the English centuries to conquer Wales, being repeatedly kicked out and even invaded numerous times. Wales lasted longer than Ireland. Wales was constantly in revolt until a Welshman (Henry VII) usurped the English throne with a Franco-Welsh army. Since then, Welshmen have had equal status to Englishmen in the eyes of the law and haven't been discriminated against. The native Welsh flourished under the Tudors and plenty of opportunities opened up for them. Welsh culture thrived for centuries and is only in decline due to modern day pressures to speak English. There was no government plan to undermine the Welsh language, in fact Elizabeth I (who was of the Welsh Tudor dynasty) encouraged the spreading of Bibles in the Welsh language.
The Welsh and the Scots weren't oppressed by any great degree, so they never rebelled. The Irish were because of religious reasons, so they did. If the Irish were treated equally, they would still be British citizens today.

Attached: ew.png (311x357, 14K)

The Cornish also rebelled for religious reasons and the spreading of Bibles in Cornish never occurred, leading directly to the extinction of the Cornish language which is only being revived today.

That dragon is also on the iranian flag, funny enough they're both related by pharisaical talmudic jews

>funny enough they're both related by pharisaical talmudic jews
Lol what? The red dragon was flown in Wales since ancient times well before a Welsh person knew what a Jew was.

>A puckered butthole for a flag poking out between an orange shirt and green pants
Fitting for sure, but clearly not the best

Attached: F92F8AB6-44FA-4E54-92EF-73B979574EC5.jpg (480x360, 14K)

everyone knows estonia has best flag

I often hear opinions online that the 'Welsh not' is total bullshit, but my own grandmother has stories of being beaten with a cane for speaking Welsh in school, and this would have been in the 50's. We're taught about this in modern welsh schools probably to make us want to preserve our language, but I think the damage has been done. If anyone has stats on welsh speakers I'd be grateful, since I'm interested to see if the increase in welsh speaking schools has had any positive effect on the language

Attached: joan cornella.gif (480x455, 3.9M)

The number of Welsh speakers is actually increasing. The Welsh Government is trying to raise the number of speakers to 1 million. While people speak Welsh regularly in quite a few areas like Gwynedd, unless there's a long-term incentive beyond getting grades in school, then Welsh will be difficult to restore in areas like Cardiff.
>Welsh not
If I recall correctly, parents of the students agreed to it.

Speaking welsh is the preserve of leftard snobs now. Only uni people .govfags speak it.

mah fucking man

Nonsense.

Attached: poptyping.jpg (800x331, 41K)