How long will it last?

Anons, when is the next recession?

We don't have enough money for Boomers to retire

Student loans aren't getting repaid

people aren't buying houses because of their personal debt

people aren't buying cars because of their personal debt

Amazon is killing millions of retail jobs

Automation will kill millions of manufacturing (and driving jobs when driverless cars become a thing) jobs

Attached: Untitled.png (997x721, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yWm2NH3VnZk
businessinsider.com/millennial-homeownership-lower-2017-6
fool.com/mortgages/2017/09/11/4-reasons-fewer-americans-are-buying-homes.aspx
chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-millennials-autocover-1208-story.html
theweek.com/articles/710034/why-americans-stopped-buying-cars
curbed.com/2017/2/6/13428414/car-buying-electric-vehicles-uber-lyft
fool.com/retirement/2018/02/15/its-official-most-americans-are-currently-in-debt.aspx
investopedia.com/news/real-reasons-millennials-arent-buying-homes/
lombardiletter.com/investors-beware-default-subprime-auto-loans-surged-22-year-high/28164/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It drives me nuts because I've inherited a modest sum of money and I don't know what the responsible thing to do with it is.
I feel like the whole system could collapse at any time and take my modest sum with it.

It's a strange phenomenon it's almost like bitcoin being pumped up as high as it can go.

probably a whenever there's a sudden rise in energy prices

I could tell you but my boss would get mad at me

depends on your state. If you were in california like me you should invest in a small rental property. nothing will crash our housing market as long as the population of the state continues to grow. People will always need a place to live and at this point for a new family renting is their only option. The best part is, even if we crack down on illegal imigration our population will still continue to grow and push the housing market. As long as we continue to offer over payed tech jobs that is.

End of 2020 presidential election

>nothing will crash our housing market
now where have i heard that before?

Shake, Shake, Shake. Your showing your age.

the market will never go down again
no downticks the last 4 days we gonna live FOREVER

None of those are catalysts for a recession brainlet

Real estate is a great investment, though I've had some problem tenants in the past. I had a tenant threaten me with a knife once. He's not my problem now, but jeeze I don't actually make enough from renters to hire a property manager and honestly its a hassle most of the time. Real estate can be time-consuming. honestly, right now I'm thinking of selling out and buying a farm because I absolutely hate the city. though farms aren't the best for ROI,

I thought about how war with Iran might affect oil prices and energy prices. MAybe that is why Israel really wants war with them.

real estate can be a great investment, if your timing is right, and you get in early on growing market, not if you take out a huge loan to pay for an overpriced property in an overheated market at it's peak. then you're just the idiot left holding the bag

oil is so low at the moment because our best friends the saudis are trying to smother the american hydrocarbon boom in its cradle

>people aren't buying cars because of their personal debt

People are fucking DEFAULTING ON THEIR AUTO LOANS

there are so many bubbles in this market that bears are starting to call it the "Everything bubble"

youtu.be/yWm2NH3VnZk

Attached: subprimeauto.png (1558x1917, 1.7M)

Buy real estate. Even in an economic collapse the value of property will still mostly remain. People need places to live.

Wasn't there some blithering about something happen September 2018?

bought in around 2011, I paid it off in 2015. I don't make much on it because I don't have that many rooms for rent.

digits for September 11th crash

buy land. they ain't never making any more of it. even if the market collapses, just hang on to it through. it'll regain its value.

>we have no problems as long as population continues to grow heh

Attached: A261E0D2-F268-4632-B338-5F9754B1EED3.png (749x868, 517K)

The housing bubble is getting ready to burst soon. Any user out there looking to buy a house, don't. Wait for a couple more years so that you don't commit suicide.

Buy gold or a farm.

More like end of 2018 midterms. It will be a red wave: of blood on the streets.

>We don't have enough money for Boomers to retire
these people should already be dead to you, they flooded the west with shitskins. never do business with a boomer and fuck their well-being in general
>Student loans aren't getting repaid
fuck these people too, they indebted themselves for meme-degrees. they deserve to die in the gutter with their feminist studies.
>people aren't buying houses because of their personal debt
not true
>people aren't buying cars because of their personal debt
again not true
>Amazon is killing millions of retail jobs
no only centralising them
>Automation will kill millions of manufacturing (and driving jobs when driverless cars become a thing) jobs
automation has existed for about 100 years by now... i don't think you know what that even means.

worst case scenario a "recession" is when you use CASH to buy out retarded people for cheap, then it goes back up again. gotta love all these pled dit summerfags

Attached: 1526426904877.jpg (225x346, 32K)

Ok, maybe in your nigger invested streets you'll find a muzzie to buy your house, but in AMerica there are lots of people who are not buying houses.

businessinsider.com/millennial-homeownership-lower-2017-6

fool.com/mortgages/2017/09/11/4-reasons-fewer-americans-are-buying-homes.aspx

chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sc-millennials-autocover-1208-story.html

theweek.com/articles/710034/why-americans-stopped-buying-cars

curbed.com/2017/2/6/13428414/car-buying-electric-vehicles-uber-lyft

>Amazon is only centralizing jobs goy

They don't and won't need workers when their warehouses are automated.

And no, they don't need the workers to take the product off the shelf and put it in a box they could get a Fanuc or Kuka to do that.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

Should I buy some coffee trees in case my favorite drug becomes too expensive in the crtash?

Shit, this is how we get the blue wave.

Do not try to time a crash.

bet on the current trend.

Yes goy. Buy record highs. To the moon hehehe.

I have been delaying on making my yearly $5500 IRA investment, good to see I haven’t missed out on any gains

The crash will be forced to happen in 2019 to try and force a democrat victory in 2020.

This. Shit buy a house in Tracy or Antioch for $400,000, even houses in Hayward or other Mexican neighborhoods near the SV/SF are outrageously priced.

You underestimate how many people want to come here. In a few years the Bay Area will be techies making $500k apiece, or people who have paid off houses, that’s it.

Well it worked for BITCOIN so it must work everywhere

Late 2021 or early 2020.
From the site:
>macrotrends.net/1437/sp500-to-gold-ratio-chart

Attached: sp500-to-gold-ratio-chart-2018-07-10-macrotrends.png (2664x1680, 605K)

Dollar pyramide will fall down.

2019-2020 you'll see the decline. The student loan recession is amongst us all these retarded kids and their student loans. California housing market is too retarded to sustain itself as well. I can't wait for the collapse it will be beautiful.

I have 400k in the markets, AMA

My parents paid off their home bought it at 300k worth 800k only because it's in the Mexico part of the Bay. Same house is worth over 1m in nicer areas. I believe a crash will happen the bums will be purged and my parents will buy up more property.

Crashes can't be forced anymore.
People have hope and buys at 90cent on the dollar.
The kikes lost

>it drives me nuts to have money and be born in the US
next thing you know a norwegian will complain he lives innawoods with his 12 nordic children
you don't know what misery is

Same, parents bought in the 90’s at 250k, worth over a million now.

The sad part is that every problem you list can be directly linked to republican policies. Yet Jow Forums continues to be a pro right wing/anti left wing board.

We’ve been in a generally depressed market since like 2001,

2001-2013/4 was very similar to the 1930’s in terms of actual growth numbers. We are seeing the natural release of long pent up demand being goaded on by tax cuts deregulation trumps optimism etc.

This could go on for quite a while, but we are probably due for a small short recession especially in overvalued tech, equities and some housing submarkets.

Also don’t tell anyone I told you but I think the reinsurance buisness is up to some shady shit, this caused a big disaster in England in the 1980’s and I think the us will see it’s own version soon (next 10 years)

It won’t be anything like 2008 however

lurk more

Ok, right-wingers are sometimes wrong on economic policies, but Democrats are wrong about everything. Democrats take the worst parts of the republican economic policy and the far left SJW bullshit and shove it down everyone's throats. We need another FDR but the democrats keep giving us niggers and clintons to vote for.

I think it will be worse than the 2008 recession because it has further to fall when it does fall now.

100% no

The reason the us recession was so bad is because it was housing (something almost everyon has) being overvalued

Many places still have reached the prices they hit in 2006 after 12 years, from 2002-2007 almost all of our growth was in stock prices and property value fuled by debt

Now we have multiple sectors with actual growth, wages, manufacturing, property values, profits etc.

It’s not nearly the same, a major drop in stock prices doesn’t really effect your average person like a 50% loss in housing value a la 2008.

The fundamentals are unironically very sound. Giant recessions simply don’t happen back to back it requires decades of bad policy and bad decisions

You are falling for man’s natural tendency to follow confirmation bias, hell the fact that we just went through a depression basically garuntees we won’t have on psychologically because everyone is preoccupied with not having one again.

Something lolbertarians and (((economists))) refuse to admit is that the market isn’t 100% rationally becaue people aren’t

I'm the only person I know in real life that doesn't have debt that are around my age at 24. It isn't hard to save money. Just don't buy something if you can't pay for it. Why can people not understand this basic concept?

you mean like hoover which enacted the precursor for the lefts economic policies ever since?

The ideology of the race of consumption.

im check to check life, but also no debt, I know the feel. especially when I see others rolling around in newer cars, and going on trips,but at least my savings is untouched. feels good, in the long wrong.

80% of Americans are in debt

fool.com/retirement/2018/02/15/its-official-most-americans-are-currently-in-debt.aspx

when they have to sell their houses to pay off their debts but no one is buying

investopedia.com/news/real-reasons-millennials-arent-buying-homes/

because everyone else is in debt too then you will see a bigger shitstorm than the last one.

Debt isn’t necessarily bad as long as it’s for property and not for credit cards or personal loans

Using debt correctly can leverage you into much higher wealth

Yeah, too many people with fancy cars while they live paycheck to paycheck renting an apartment. If you spend $30k on a car, you've essentially wasted $25k, which you could turn into $50k in a few years if you do some conservative investing.

>everyone is in debt

Yawn, welcome to the post ww2 economy, if you want to larp about the “inevitable collapse of our great debt econemy” got t zerohedge they’ve been wrong for 20 straight years

You can take my advise and get out of most high yield equities, tech, hedge insurance companies.

Or you can buy crypto waiting for the global world market to collapse.

Your choice

This is how plebs have always lived, it’s just more advanced and allows them to be more comfy instead of living in squalor

Going into debt to buy property in your 20s isn't bad, but going into debt in your 20s to buy a new car is a horrible idea.

a 5 year old used luxury car will generally give you the same utility as a brand new cheap ass car for a third or fourth of the cost.

Yeah, but the numbers of people in debt are higher than before the 2008 crash. they're higher than they've ever been. Debt just gives money to the jews through interest.

And with all the people defaulting on car payments, I'm going to laugh when these fags don't even have the money to buy a bike to go to work.

lombardiletter.com/investors-beware-default-subprime-auto-loans-surged-22-year-high/28164/

My family is very wealthy and we drive fucking Hyundai’s and used cars

People waste money on stupid shit

Credi cars debt while personally crippling isn’t a systemic threat to the econemy like property values.

I can’t be damaged because you default on credit cards, I can be damaged if housing prices in my neighborhood collapse

I'm in lumber sales. I don't have a degree or a trade and make above 50k if I phone my job in. 6 figures if this keeps up.
Housing market is off the chain. We can't get enough material to feed just how hard and fast people are building.
First time home buyers can't find houses bc they are selling in less than 24 hours after hiting the market.
Shits booming, cash in on the gravy train and just use the doe to be ready for plan b.

>This is how plebs have always lived
In the past a lot of people would own farms. At least that wasn't constantly depreciating in value.

Buy crypto while its cheap

>invest in a small rental property
you are part of the reason the housing market is dysfunctional

www.marketoracle.co.uk

Unfortunately this. I sat like a retard on a modest amount of money in 2012-2014 deathly afraid to enter the markets because they were at all time highs and our economy sucked. Missed out on a lot of increases.

A lot of people were farming tennats, or their farms were many times leveraged to banks in order to make it through bad crop years

You have an idealized view of the past

The housing market isn’t dysfunctional, only places like New York and San Francisco where city/state policy has placed arputrary development restrictions or huge tax/regulatory burdens is the housing market fucked up

who cares Im here to watch the world burn and shit on peoples feels.

I'm not wealthy, but my house is paid off. I bought it in 2011 and paid it off by 2015 by renting the rooms out to college students at the nearby college. I used that money to pay for college and the house, now I'm mostly debt free and own a home free and clear and have a job in engineering while also making money from rent. I make six figs, but not rich by any stretch of the imagination I was hoping to be able to find a wife by now and close the doors to my house to future renters, but finding a woman who wants to settle down in her 20s like I have been ready to is nigh impossible. especially if I intend on her being a housewife who doesn't work since I would make enough to support the both of us.

Anyways, I still drive a 1992 Buick Park Avenue, in it's day it was a mid level luxury car, I take care of it so it still runs great and all, it was my car in college and still is my car to this day, mostly because it gets like 30 miles on a gallon which is excellent for a car that old. And I don't really find new cars to be that good looking IMO. I like the hood ornament on my Park Avenue. It's funny that I drive a car that is almost as old as I am though.

companies are making lots of money and they're buying back stock.
individuals keep making money and parking it in index funds, so this rally could continue for a very long time.

>not using Reganomics

Attached: 153041349192408.png (729x434, 26K)

goldbug nigger

>A lot of people were farming tennats
Probably depends where. I know england was pretty shit about this, but the world is a big place and banks don't always have such a hold over things.

The market will crash, but who knows when. The upside is probably more limited than the downside though, so you are right to be careful. I suggest you spread out your investments over a period of time, so you don’t go all in at a single point in time. Best of luck.