Any other reactionary Catholics on Jow Forums? Let's have a thread

Any other reactionary Catholics on Jow Forums? Let's have a thread.

It seems to me that the slow but steady reconquista of the Church from the hands of the Novus Ordo types is well underway. Vocations in traditionalist priestly orders are up, as are vocations in orders that maintain the old traditions (like the Dominicans). Celebration of the Latin Mass continues to expand. Champions of the old Traditions grow bolder, and old devotions that Vatican 2 tried to bury--Adoration, Novenas, fasting, holy medals--continues to spread, especially among younger Catholics.

inb4 pictures of Pope Francis kissing the feet of Muslims. The Holy Father is the present of the Church, but he is not its future.

Attached: 2016-09-25_23-09-05.png (699x410, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/o28y1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My local "catholic" church is in felony violation of 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - "Bringing in and harboring certain aliens". They do it for profit, so it's also conspiracy.
Nearest Latin mass is 60 miles away.
My mother would tell me of some prophecy that the Catholic church will become the whore of Babylon. I didn't believe her. She was right.

Get right and fight for whats right

streamable.com/o28y1

Attached: sign.jpg (3000x1983, 2.89M)

I think you're going to see a lot of change from the bottom up. The parishioners and young priests are going to push for a return to the Pious X days and reclaim our ancient traditions. I'm actually in the process of converting now. RCIA starts soon. A lot of people are looking for something real. The pre Vat II RCC is that thing.

>I think you're going to see a lot of change from the bottom up.

That's exactly what's happening now. It's not going to happen from Rome, it's going to come TO Rome, like so many great reformations of the Church have done.

Attached: 5612beaa90641b9993a8e7f0bdf9b7a2--holy-rosary-the-rosary.jpg (736x898, 211K)

evening lads
Sorry to hear you are so fr from latin Mass bro and that your preist is a boomer. The old Mass is worth the drive, though. Have you been?

Nice point dude. It is interesting that as many great church reforms as started in Rome, started on the periphery of the church

I hate that the SSPX only comes here once a month to celebrate the TLM, I just want to be in communion with God every Sunday, is that too much to ask?

All will be well and all will be well and all manner of things will be well.

Grin and bear it. Go to NO mass on sunday, or daily if posible. It may be painful, but it is still the Eurcharist

Latin mass happens every Sunday 6 doors down from my house. mfw.

Attached: BA3F076F-9803-49E7-89F0-450A97F94178.jpg (318x400, 28K)

and the priests are based

I want an FSSP mass to not be 3.5 hours away.

Even when the Church is in complete disarray, as it is now, a Catholic will always have at his disposal the writings of her Saints and Doctors to keep him comfy and secure. +1 for dogma.

Here's a good Chesterton quote:
>Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen to be walking about. All democrats object to men being disqualified by the accident of birth; tradition objects to their being disqualified by the accident of death

ma nigga

I have huge respect and appreciation for the Catholic Church for its role in developing western civilization and understand its need to persist. But I can't buy any of the beliefs of divinity of it (or any religion for that matter). I'm not a fedora, just a deist.

Am I scum?

Mate, the NO "mass" is not valid, it is an abomination meant to mimic the protestant rite. The Traditional Latim Mass was defined back in the 1600s in the ecyclical Quo Primum as to be practice from here and to posterity so to change it or introduce a new one is in fact Heresy.

I'd literally rather die than go to another Novus Ordo "mass".

there is no "protestant rite"

>The Traditional Latim Mass was defined back in the 1600s in the ecyclical Quo Primum as to be practice from here and to posterity so to change it or introduce a new one is in fact Heresy.
No, the bull says that no ecclesiastical authority, up to the level of Cardinal can change the rubrics (the pope can)

Well, you need to realize that we're not Catholics because we enjoy the civilizational benefits of the Church. We're not Catholics because we like the order, the security, the sense of direction, and the sense of community.

All those are important, true, but they're not the reason to be Catholic. You should be Catholic because you really believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he really did rise from the dead. And you also really believe that he founded a Church to propagate his Word and spread the Gospel, and that that Church was founded on the head of Simon Peter, and all his successors.

You need to be a true believer, in other words. Anyone who's Catholic for merely cultural reasons can't be counted on.

Attached: Eucharist 5.jpg (683x1024, 194K)

look at ireland. those faggots are "catholic." Cultural Catholicism is the worst

>This new rite alone is to be used unless approval of the practice of saying Mass differently was given at the very time of the institution and confirmation of the church by Apostolic See at least 200 years ago, or unless there has prevailed a custom of a similar kind which has been continuously followed for a period of not less than 200 years, in which most cases We in no wise rescind their above-mentioned prerogative or custom. However, if this Missal, which we have seen fit to publish, be more agreeable to these latter, We grant them permission to celebrate Mass according to its rite, provided they have the consent of their bishop or prelate or of their whole Chapter, everything else to the contrary notwithstanding.

>All other of the churches referred to above, however, are hereby denied the use of other missals, which are to be discontinued entirely and absolutely; whereas, by this present Constitution, which will be valid henceforth, now, and forever, We order and enjoin that nothing must be added to Our recently published Missal, nothing omitted from it, nor anything whatsoever be changed within it under the penalty of Our displeasure.

I don't know mate, the Novus Ordo mass is not exactly a practice that has been going on for "at least 200 years" before this eciclycal was made.

It seems pretty clear to me that it was made ignoring this dogmatically defined mandate and as such in a heretical way

>dogmatically defined
not sure the form of the Mass can be considered dogma

It can when the purpose is to prevent it from being corrupted by the protestant reformation as it was the case during the time Quo Primum was made.

No, the form of the Mass is not Dogma, or you dont have any idea what dogma is.

No i mean, I'm not sure if the external form of the Mass can be considered dogma, period. Maybe doctrine? But even then, I don't know. If it was doctrine then it couldn't exactly ever change, could it? There could be no different rite, especially not with an """arbitrary"""" 200 year previous time-limit that defines it as infallible doctrine.

It seems more like this was a disciplinary order, which can be overturned or modified by those in authority insofar as they don't abrogate the original mass.

Im interested in Traditional catholicism

Everything in the Ordinary Magisterium is meant to run in harmony with itself and as such never contradictory with past teachings since the whole point of it is to guide you to the one absolute truth. This is why doctrines are dogmatically defined as to never be changed.

This included papal bulls such as Quo Primum which is where i took the quote from.

Pray your rosaries, lads!
Also pray 4 my book!
Make it holy!
Make it successful!

I didn't use cultural for a reason. There is legitimate value in actually following the tenets of the Church.

Cultural Catholicism in its current iteration is trash.

Remember, when atheists tell you "we can follow Christian morals without God" this is always what it turns into.

Its only coming after martyrdom user.

Attached: Our Sister with Our Lady of Akita.jpg (375x400, 17K)

>[L]egal expressions such as "which shall have the force of law in perpetuity, We order and enjoin under pain of Our displeasure that nothing be added to Our newly published Missal, nothing omitted therefrom, and nothing whatsoever altered therein" cannot be literally interpreted as binding on possible later actions of Pope St. Pius V or upon his successors. The strictures fall only upon those who act without due authority.

If it were otherwise, then Pope St. Pius V would have excommunicated himself a couple of years after publishing "Quo Primum" when he added the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary to the missal following the Battle of Lepanto in 1571, not to mention Pope Clement XI who canonized Pius V in 1712, thus altering the missal.

Among the many other Popes who would have thus incurred "the wrath of Almighty God and of the blessed Apostles Peter and Paul" would have been St. Pius X for reforming the calendar, Pius XI who added the first new preface in centuries for the feast of Christ the King, Pius XII for completely revamping the rites of Holy Week as well as simplifying the rubrics, and Blessed John XXIII for adding St. Joseph’s name to the Roman Canon.

tl:dr, if the bull was meant to be interpreted the way you said it, there would be multiple popes who excommunicated themselves, and most pre-VII masses would be invalid anyways.

It wasnt binding on his successors.

>It seems to me that the slow but steady reconquista of the Church from the hands of the Novus Ordo types is well underway.

Every catholic I know under 35 is trad. Fuck Frankie, there hasn't been a real pope since '58.

Remember, when sedes tell you "we dont have to go to mass because we are too butthurt to receive christ," they generally have heresy behind their arguments

Your pope is luciferian. Deal with it. This is the truth. Lucifer rules over the papacy. Search yourself

this is idiotic. The pope isnt even a formal heretic yet. (I said yet)

What are catholics doing on a racist board such as Jow Forums?

sedevacantist/ayran nation hybrid here it's hilarious how far right many trad Catholics are

But he is, look...and I get it

>sedevacantist/ayran nation hybrid here
so just taking that heresy and going all the way with it?

I Just want to find a church thats not infiltrated and heretic against the bible. Is trad catholic a good choice?

Probably the only choice to be honest.
>heretic
I guess that rules out most protestant churches

Find a parish that celebrates the Latin Mass but isn't sedevacantist.

You can be ethnocentric and a Christian.

Attached: 1531181936484.gif (500x354, 461K)

You're a heretic.

No.