Elvis Presley=Black music???

How did this meme that Elvis Presley’s music was actually black music start?

Even the cuck Eminem repeats it in his song “without me” saying he’s not the first one to do black music so selfishly and use it to get himself wealthy?

I don’t get this meme cuz I listen to Elvis and it’s more melodic than anything blacks ever produced.

Sure he utilized rockabilly sometimes, some blues in other songs, but he clearly has his own sound and style that is predominant in all his songs.

Is this just another case of we wuzzing?

Attached: 07E6095F-B1AA-49EA-BA9F-6D284C0C3311.jpg (220x283, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting
vimeo.com/82304757
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He basically ripped off Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and other black acts from the fifties and played thier songs to a white audience.

I listen to all those as well and he sounds nothing like them.

Chuck berry borrowed heavily from American folk music.

And Elvis’ lyrics are definitely better than anything a black has ever produced.

Elvis did what his rabbi told him to do, so did Chuck Berry.

Agree with you. Elvis is way more melodic than the black Music that predates him. It’s totally different music to me. Sound textures might be similar due to the era and he lifted some rhythm, but that’s basically it. He also sings closer to old-school operatic traditions than gospel if you know what to listen for.

It's not a secret that he was largely influenced by memphis' street musicians, white gospels singing african-american soul music and such.

One of the reasons why he skyrocketed was because of the segregation laws fucking with the nagger hitparades.

Same shit with Zeppelin.
>white musicians take snippets from blues standards, make them into something ten times better than a black bluesman ever could
>chimp out about "THEY STEALING US SONGS"

There is no such thing as "black music" at least not as it is used.

"Black music" is the actual music in Africa, pre colonialism. Basic drumbeats and some other stuff which nobody listens to anywhere.

So called "black music" is music composed by blacks once they were sent to colonies and intermingled with blacks. In other words "black music" is really "black/white fusion" music.

Of course, any time a white musician sings some old or new variation of "black/white fusion" music, he's said to be "ripping off black music" while any time a black musician sings white music with some variation, he's said to be "muh great music innovator omfg blacks invented another genre of music, beats will never be the same" bleh bleh

Rap is just nigger poetry. Rock n roll is just country music played faster and with more intensity.

Gospel is hymns with more soul, etc.

End of the day, music, like visual memes, crosses over, mutates, spreads, etc. Sure blacks contributed to it, and so did whites. Probably a hell of a lot more. There's a reason that white music (pre any crossover with blacks) is considered timeless works of art (Beethoven, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Handel, etc.) while black music, pre colonialism is ... what exactly? A few tribesmen banging drums?

> So called "black music" is music composed by blacks once they were sent to colonies and intermingled with blacks.

correction: intermingled with blacks = intermingled with whites

>Rap is just nigger poetry
Wrong niggers stole hip hop from us too en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting

the main problem Black people hav with Elvis is he took songs written by Black artists, performed them, recorded them, & got all the glory while the Black artists who wrote those songs continued to live in poverty & obscurity.
it's not like Elvis was racist and said "Leme fuck over these Black people reaL quick" - This was just common practice in the '50s.
Elvis sounded Black when he sang, imitated other Black artists when he danced. & that's why most Black people don't fuck with Elvis. They just feeL like he stole bits of their culture for his own advantage, which Whites are wont to do.

It’s all blues scales and song structures. White Americans didn’t listen to the black musicians back then.

It wasn’t until people in Britain like the Beatles and The Rolling Stones got popular that Americans started listening to the blues. Even Hendrix had to move to London before he was successful here.

I’m a huge Elvis fan too

Lol blacks can’t even enunciate properly. How is he singing in black voice? He’s got a deep voice, so what? You niggers think you’re the first ones?

Look up Pavarotti nigger.

I didnt say he was "singing in Black voice" you dumb-ass. I said he sounded Black when he sang. As in, when you heard him on a record, you thought "Is that a Black dude?" until you saw him in reaL life. it has a small element of shock/surprise.

Elvis didn't write songs.

Songwriters were all very formulaic and tended to copy each other. There was a winning formula they figured and straying from the path was missing an opportunity to put their performer in the front of public attention.

Country music was progressing into rock and picked up other influences along the way.

Attached: lf.jpg (3000x2182, 1.67M)

No one thought that you idiot. What you are saying means nothing, then. Thanks for clarifying you’re just a dumb nigger, but I smelled that from the get go.

>I listen to all those as well
then surely they're somewhat similar enough to fit your musical taste at least

oh my gosh! what I'm saying means nothing! oh no! faggot Lmao

Yeah I’m sure you’re ok with being retarded. We already know that.

For all those "black people invented modern music because of slave songs" faggots:
>vimeo.com/82304757

Attached: metalupyourass.jpg (450x652, 129K)

>As in, when you heard him on a record, you thought "Is that a Black dude?"
>No one thought that you idiot.
Interesting. My middle school music textbook related the same tale, which is that when people heard his songs on the radio they thought it was a black dude singing them, because of the style and his voice.