Climate change is real. But that's not what's important. What is important is that I have solved it

Climate change is real. But that's not what's important. What is important is that I have solved it.
Tell me why and how I'm wrong:
>all matter has solid form
>carbon is matter
>therefore, you can freeze or otherwise turn carbon into a solid
>somehow collect all carbon emissions from every building that produces them, some sort of carbon balloon over the factory pipes or whatever (carballoon)
>empty contents of balloons into whatever machine when factory is turned off
>this machine turns the carbon into a solid, whether by freezing or making it denser or whatever
>put solid carbon into designated vaults
>when the vaults are full, take the carbon out and put it all onto spacecraft
>send spacecraft into space, headed away from solar system
>any carbon emissions produced by this plan can also be solidified and sent away
>climate change: defeated
Anything wrong with this on a conceptual level?

Attached: tfw too smart to drown.jpg (3300x1600, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

e360.yale.edu/digest/transportation-replaces-power-in-u-s-as-top-source-of-co2-emissions
awaytogarden.com/hugelkultur-raised-garden-beds/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_scrubber
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Balloons would need to be either huge or replaced constantly
And do you have any idea how many spacecraft would need to be made? Those things aren't cheap

>Anything wrong with this on a conceptual level?
Yes, you are retarded and need a reality check

What if instead of balloons its a tube that connects directly to a bigger storage unit?
I'm not an economy man so I have no idea how to get around space money problem.

>ancap
no u

Ok freezing filters in things could actually solve a lot and frozen carbon it's not useless.

The problem is that climate change is bullshit.

Well, your “balloons” basically exist, we already have “scrubbers” which remove some of the carbon from industrial emissions at the source.

And then there’s the fact that you feel for the co2 meme, co2 is fat from the only greenhouse gas, in fact, it is not even the most significant greenhouse gas. So your plan wouldn’t be entirely effective. The reason you hear about co2 all the time is because climate change has been politicized down to memes. Anyone who focuses solely on co2 doesn’t understand shot.

Aside from that you have done absolutely no work to demonstrate that your plan would not produce more greenhouse gas emissions than it removes from the atmosphere. Before your plan is viable you need to show that it’s cost effective.

Is that enough?

Could we use the carbon as fuel again or something? Infinite fuel loop? Law of conservation of energy or some shit?

For the sake of argument, assume that it is.

put it under pressure on it's way out from the pipe or whatever. liquid carbon can be used for a lot of stuff so you can just actually store and use it instead of sending it to space.

No. Gib more.

How about you assess those ones first

That whale looks like a penis.

>For the sake of argument, assume that it is.
Nah. We can pretend magic is real, though. That would be more interesting. What would you do then?

That would still cost shitzillions just the pipe infrastructure alone, and that's probably barely 1% of the costs required to send it all to space.

Quick google search says humans put about 40-50 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere annually. For reference SpaceX's Falcon 9 has a payload of about 25 tons. You feel like paying for 2 billion spacecraft launches per year?

It’s all bullshit.

Attached: 98B1C104-46A4-48A5-861F-4A07EC4031EC.jpg (1242x1448, 1.2M)

life already dealt with your carbon problem in a way that is slightly more "sustainable" than your shitty idea

excuse me while i plant peas and raddish and save humanity

corporations pollute the most
corporations deflect blame onto the people so they don't have to spend time and money to clean their mess

Diamonds are pure carbon.
How about turning pollution into going?

Look into the amount of energy required to do this, and how much carbon you would use doing this.

Sorry kiddo, the ideas shit.

>what is carbon capture

>solid carbon
You mean coal?

As a chemistry grad student this post gave me aids.

Attached: E0A4BB2C-5B2B-464F-A2E2-2D9B02B7B8F7.png (1000x800, 285K)

this.
a time honored tradition of our corporate overlords.

Not anymore.
e360.yale.edu/digest/transportation-replaces-power-in-u-s-as-top-source-of-co2-emissions

Why dont we just use the eagles to remove the alarmists?
>implying feedback loops are science or have been accurate

>MUH CORPRAAASHUUUNNSSS MAAAAAAAANNNN
Mental illness

It would work but there are many more easier ways to achieve what you are trying to do

At the end of the day you are trying to sequester the carbon dioxide (remove it from the atmosphere) one of the joke make by scientists was to bury every book and tree...

There are other interesting ways to also sequester the carbon dioxide like dumping iron into the ocean to cause large algae blooms

>The U.S. transportation sector — which includes cars, trucks, planes, trains, and boats
yes im sure corporations aren't involved

Corporations are forcing people to drive cars?

>I know lets filter everything
>filters need to be produced, carbon emissions
>clog very quickly
>Also, turns out it was all a scam and CO2 does not have the negative impact we were lead to believe.

solved it for real, guys
>burn coal
>catch all the carbon released
>use refrigerator powered by coal burning to freeze captured carbon
>use frozen carbon to make more coal
>repeat

Attached: Cw2-xv7XAAA0XBX.jpg (540x540, 35K)

>sending finite matter from Earth into space

>50/25=2
Sounds like 2 launches per year...

Checked

There are other methods like taking all of the carbon dioxide and instead of sending it into space you just need to pump it into depleted oil fields which just so happen to be good at holding gas... and with a few concrete blocks you have effectively trapped the CO2 for as long as you want

There's already a solution to bullshit global warming and faggot al gores carbon emissions

its called hugelkultur or put simply... bury a tree

awaytogarden.com/hugelkultur-raised-garden-beds/

nigger get on my level

>dumping iron into the ocean to cause large algae blooms
"Oh I know, we can fix climate change by causing the largest fishkill ever." I got a real novel idea for fixing it. Do absolutely nothing. Turn off the economic tit feeding that America has been doing, let every country plunge into the pile of shit it has been standing upon and remain isolationist until they fix themselves.

It's called photosynthesis...

CO2 is plant food, the Oceans love that shit...

Methane is far more destructive. Humans account for a tiny fraction of the energies in flux all around us. The total amount of all the energy converted by all the life on this Earth since the beginning of time is less than the output of our Sun for a single day. The Sun controls the major trends of our climate, and humans can't do a damn thing about it.

corporations are employing people to drive cars, trucks, planes, trains, and boats

“Corporations” are just individuals all deciding to collaborate together dumbfuck

the sun is stable. greenhouse gas uptake in the atmosphere is not.

Corporations have legal personhood.

Yes, you're a retard.

it already exists and you don't even have to send it into space, you just need to take it out if the environment
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_scrubber

also, the climate is always changing, but the climate doom alarmists are liars

I know space is fuckhuge but we once thought oceans were huge too so we started dumping shit into them... I guess my point is that solving our present problems by making them potential future problems isn't a viable solution.

The real gamechanger will be finding out how to harness energy in a completely new way with no, less, or sustainable waste

Eat my dick.

>I know space is fuckhuge but we once thought oceans were huge too
that might be the most retarded thing I've ever read

>>somehow collect all carbon emissions
Stopped reading right there desu

That's what trees are giant carbon sinks that turn into hydrocarbons over time.

The Sun is far from stable... Where would you get the idea that a star could even conceptually be "stable".

The Sun is in a state of constant turmoil. The Sun becomes more intense every moment as it depletes hydrogen and fuses more helium.

Global warming is just an Earth cycle...

>this machine turns the carbon into a solid
It's called a plant or tree. And the good news is that all this extra CO2 is making the planet greener.
The only major areas that have become less green is the souther Sahara edge, but that is most likely due to niggers mismanaging everything.

Attached: 2436_change_in_leaf_area-768px.jpg (768x432, 196K)