How are the gun-laws in your country?

Greetings from /k I'm wondering what the gun laws are like in other countries.
In Germany it's:

Owning guns is a privilege
Typical valid reasons to do so are:
- Sport shooting, requirement is a year of club membership and regular training and a simple test on safe handling and general knowledge.
- Hunting, needs a mandatory (expensive) hunting course and degree, the hard test is often compared to anything from a high-school to masters degree.
- Collecting, needs to be a topic of "historic importance", same test as sport shooting.

Legal Guns:
Shotguns, Pistols, Rifles, Semi-auto (AR-15 etc.) is legal, full-auto is banned. Suppressors only legal for hunting rifles (including AR-15s) and only in some states.
Magazines are not a regulated gun-part, but there are restrictions on the use (10-rounds for sporting, 2-rounds when hunting).

Notable limitations/restrictions:
Sport shooters are limited to rifle barrels longer than ~16'', Hunters can get SBRs if over 60cm length collapsed.
Sport shooters can't buy rifle cartages/rifles with a case length of less than 40mm, so they can't get ammo for illegal AK47s.

Shooting/Carrying/Storing:
Shooting is only allowed on a certified gun range or your hunting grounds.
Carrying the gun is only legal in your home, on your popery and business premises.
Guns have to be stored in a certified gun safe. (ammo can be locked up in a steel cabinet)
Getting the guns to the range has to happen in a locked compartment and unloaded.
A carry permit is theoretically possible but almost unobtainable unless you're a politician.

Attached: 1479373607.jpg (3992x2662, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nh0miJ4Y3RM
metro.co.uk/2017/12/11/pensioner-jailed-shooting-burglar-dead-self-defence-7151230/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>gun laws
What are those?

Stuff like making it hard to get something fully automatic if manufactured after 1986 ...?
Unless you live in a place like Switzerland:
youtube.com/watch?v=nh0miJ4Y3RM

Whats a gun?

Write an easy test and can buy gunz.
Were limited on magazine size though its very Gay compared to America

A felony conviction pretty much prevents anyone from getting any firearms, as well as violent misdemeanors. Records can be expunged in some circumstances after years.

18+, no permit required for long guns. 16" barrel or longer

21+ for pistols, permit required in most states to purchase. Conceal carry is legal in most states, if not all, with proper permit if required. Some states have constitutional carry which means no permits are required to conceal.

SBR, suppressors, full auto(pre May 1986 manufacture date) and any other weapons of that class need to obtain a tax stamp from the ATF to complete purchase. You cannot purchase a full auto made after May 1986 unless you have proper license.

Cannot manufacture full auto at all, but you can make your own weapons for personal use. Proper licensing is required if you plan to sell the weapons.

As far as where you're allowed to shoot them, the sky's the limit.

Other than that, there isn't much.

I'm pretty sure a UK-legal semi auto shotgun (picture) falls under the definition... the question is how hard it is to get a permit.

Thanks,
Reminded me that I forgot to add that a fairly clean record is also necessary in Germany.
But the definition is somewhat vague and not limited to criminal offenses:
You have to be a "responsible person" this can be jeopardized by anything from being a leading member of a semi-banned right-wing party to drunk cycling (same offense as drunk driving).
During the Nazi-era other reasons included being a communist, Jew or member of the SPD (a center-left wing party that's anti-gun today)

Attached: f12-marine.jpg (1280x438, 36K)

Austria is pretty based.

Pic related is free to buy without a WBK, so essentially you either just order it by internet and it is shipper home to you or you walk in a gun shop, buy it and they deliver it after 3 days. You have to be 18 or older though.

For semi autos you need a WBK, so need to do a 2 hour gun safety course and get a certificate from your local doctor/psychologist that you aren’t insane or on drugs. The you’ll get pretty much any gun any American can buy, no restrictions.

Attached: 44BBCCA5-5E48-4D50-8E38-E25D34706CED.jpg (1130x903, 158K)

Jokes aside pretty easy, the requirements is this:

>You have a reason to own a gun, so hunting, sport or protecting livestock. Self defence is not a valid reason.
>You of sound mind, not mental health issues.
>no criminal charges.

Forget to mention the easiest way is to join a shooting club.

I can own bolt actions up to .50, I'm determined to own an SMLE one day.

>Self defence is not a valid reason.

What about home defense? Surely that must be a valid reason, no?

Oi mate, you got a loicense for that arms inquiry?

I'll list out what illegal here.

Using a gun (or any weapon) to:
Defend yourself
Defend your children
Defend family
Defend your property.
Defend you community.
Defend the country, yes militias are illegal.
Even to defending the Queen can be illegal.

Pretty good but somewhat tricky. With a shall-issue license we can purchase pretty much anything including ar-15s and akms. Even former military assault rifles which have been transformed to SA-only. There are some silly restrictions though:

9x19mm semiautomatic pistols are restricted to police/military use only. We need to use 9x21 instead. .50 bmg is also outright banned. Firearms chambered in NATO calibers are legal, but real 5,56x45 and 7,62x51 ammo isn't sold anywhere and we have to fire .223 and .308 in them.

There are some weird mag cap limits. A hunting rifle can't have a magazine that holds more than 5 rounds. A semiautomatic pistol can't have a magazine that holds more than 15 rounds. Unless they are classified as a "sporting firearms", in which case there is no mag capacity limit, unless we are dealing with firearms that use magazines which are also compatible with automatic weapons. In this case, they need to have a mag capacity which is lower than the standard magazine used in the military counterpart. This means that standard ar-15 or AK magazines need to be mechanically modified to hold 29 rounds or lower.

Compared to the US, the UK treatment of moderators (suppressors) is probably the most interesting.
Are the requirements similar to getting the firearm?

An example of UK self defense law:
metro.co.uk/2017/12/11/pensioner-jailed-shooting-burglar-dead-self-defence-7151230/

In Germany self/home defense isn't a "valid" reason to own, but using it for this purpose when it's a reasonable response to a threat isn't a problem.

Attached: 101020153303136-5.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

Are there any requirements (except for a clean record I assume) for obtaining the license?
And do you have requirements on how the guns hade to be stored?

>Are the requirements similar to getting the firearm?

Suppressors are a lengthly process. The tax stamp from the ATF takes roughly six months, and costs $200. On the other hand, I can walk in today and purchase any gun on the shelf and walk out with it, along with as much ammo as I can carry. Some states do however have waiting periods.

The treatment of suppressors is probably the one with the largest difference internationally, from complete bans, to no regulation at all, like in Norway.

Attached: te_qd_1.jpg (700x467, 27K)

It's ridiculous. The reasoning here is to supposedly prevent deadlier attacks, but they're very seldom used in any, if at all. They can be made from a Maglite and washers if someone was really feeling saucy, but still technically need ATF approval before doing so.

or an oil filter and a thread adapter. you could even get a die and thread a barrel for it, skip the adapter

>Are there any requirements (except for a clean record I assume) for obtaining the license?
All licenses but concealed-carry are shall-issue. You need to have no criminal record, provide a certificate of good mental health. Other than that, all you need to do is to undertake a 1-day gun safety class.

>And do you have requirements on how the guns hade to be stored?
The law basically states that you need to use common sense and due diligence in safeguarding your firearms. If you don't, and your guns are easily stolen or a child shots himself in the head with them, you are in for some serious trouble.