Why are Psychedelics Class A / Schedule 1 drugs?

Why are Psychedelics Class A / Schedule 1 drugs?

Vast majority of people who have taken it have a positive, consciousness expanding experience. Do they enforce these drug laws to keep the citizenry from discovering what's REALLY going on?

Attached: download.jpg (278x181, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/do-psychedelics-expand-mind-reducing-brain-activity/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latent_inhibition#Pathology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they make you make artworks like this

Attached: fake_news.png (1920x1080, 3M)

Already answered the question, (((they))) want everyone to be miserable.

>Why are Psychedelics Class A / Schedule 1 drugs?
because the physical effects are not the "high".
therefore, it can not be measured concretely.

>discovering what's REALLY going on
idk man i just take psychedelics cus they feel good. fuck that gay spiritual bullshit

WOAAHHHHH

Because it's fun. Only fun drugs are banned as dangerous. many poisons are unregulated.

Damn son, I haven't tripped in a min.

Attached: 1512841934554.gif (333x333, 1.12M)

Can you find it elsewhere on the internet, user?
What does that mean?

sweet summerchild
cant let them know

I didn't find shrooms to be spiritual. Shrooms just showed me when, where, and how I was a horrible person. It showed me the mess I had to clean up.

you don't need dude weed 420, dmt bc rogan said its cool, acid, LSD, or ayahuasca from some peruvian shaman's asshole to know jew kikes are fucking shit up (whats "really" going).
you need a red pill. that's it

Because it cures depression, cures anxiety and cures addiction all of which would destroy a multi billion dollar pharmaceutical industry. Also widespread use would cause a shift in culture towards a far less materialistically driven culture, also damaging many companies bottom lines.

So what do you think about fungis intelligence?

Attached: easiest joke.gif (278x278, 1.03M)

Y'all ain't takin' enough.
5 dry grams minimum.

bad press. there was a brief moment when LSD was both legal and widely available. nothing the media likes more than a moral panic about a new drug. remember salvia?

>taking psychedelics cus they feel good
Those might not be psychedelics, user...

Are you asking about how smart or alive fungus is, or about the possible effect it had on our intelligence and development? Both are interesting. But even Joe has been saying the stoned ape theory is probably overblown.

It's the fucking cars. Cars ruined life. If you get intoxicated behind the wheel, it's the equivalent of firing an AR-15 into a crowd of people.
Back in the old days, you could take whatever you wanted and just ride your horse into the desert. Hell the native americans taught the white man about peyote.

all drugs go through three stages: demonization, prohibition, and finally social acceptability. if you think hallucinogens have it rough just read up on the history of coffee (and mormons still don't allow it)

Attached: anticoffee1672.jpg (775x1000, 117K)

Your brain is a mushroom. Think about it.

they open your mind

but the government wants its subjects to be dumb and docile so they let them have alcohol and weed instead

How exactly does stopping people from becoming drooling retarded schizophrenic morons make the government bad?

I guess if they stopped you from eating rat poison they're bad again because they limit your freedom

Most over-hyped, overromanticized thing on the internet. Joe Rogan: the drug. Psychedelics in the hands of an average human would result in net loss for all of humanity. Illegality is a good thing.

It created a large group of people who were actively protesting the military industrial complex's wars. This is why Ronald Reagan called Timothy Leary the most dangerous man in the nation. If you take some LSD and realize it's all just to benefit the power structure then it kind of destroys the whole narrative. Shrooms just make you stupid so I won't be surprised if they make those legal soon here in California.

Dont over think it ok. Whats "really going on here" is a bunch of fucking retarded 18 yr olds in the 60's started taking a bunch of acid along with a bunch of other drugs and od'ing on it. the media hyped these accidents (as they do everything) up and parents got worried about what the fuck these drugs were doing on how weird they were (europe was not exposed on a wide bases to psychedelics until around 1900's) and called for congress to ban them. additionally, there were a bunch of psychologists themselves who that they werent really usefull because they rejected the "mystical" side to human existence. the reason we cant do drugs can be summed up as dumbass teens abusing them. its like alot of things. Yes they mis-classified them because no one could really explain why they could be used for medicine exactly

is salvia illegal now? That was a shit tier drug anyway. Basically PCP and made people paranoid retards.

>Vast majority of people who have taken it have a positive, consciousness expanding experience. Do they enforce these drug laws to keep the citizenry from discovering what's REALLY going on?
No, because by "saying you shouldn't do X" the first thing you think is "well what happens if I do do X".
A lot more people have tried mushrooms SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE it is scheduled while everyone recognizes it is mostly harmless.
If the government never scheduled it, then a lot less people would have tried it.
As a general rule, prohibition increases pleasure. You get a surplus pleasure from breaking the rules, in addition to what you get from the action itself.
Just don't try to make a job of selling drugs, and don't do drugs and act retarded in public, and you'll have no fucking problem with the state.

Anyone else here do psychedelic research chems?

Attached: 1P-LSD.png (198x255, 4K)

Ask the Manson family.

Attached: Manson.gif (285x242, 1.46M)

There is no conspiracy or deeper meaning. its essentially the same as why cant you drive with open alcohol in your car or while drinking alcohol for that matter

Mushrooms don't do that.

THIS. I WANT my tax dollars to go towards free food, housing, and medical care for degenerates.
Lock. Them. Up.

Take bigger doses. It's tough to do 10grams and not see it as spiritual.

Just wait until you have a bad trip.

All halucinagens are banned because they are not understood and have negative effects like bad trips.

That's not true at all. I know this is a popular argument people liked to make to defend legalization but if you look at rates of use in states that legalize marijuana you will see that usage rates have gone up. This is because while it was easy for kids to get it, responsible adults didn't want to have to deal with the people selling illegally so just drank instead. More kids drink than smoke weed, because alcohol is in every household. It's easy to steal from your parents or siblings. Legalization will make usage rates go up. If opiates were legal to just go buy, if Ecstasy were legal to just buy, if LSD was legal to just buy, you would see A LOT of people who would never be around it, going out to buy them on a regular basis. That's just the reality. I tend to think people should be able to do what they want. Ban actions, not substances.

Mushroom were among the first living being to ever thread upon the barren rocky land that was primeval earth and in fact their digestive enzymes allowed for most of the upper level to slowly crumble into dust, which made the initial rooting unto the surface by algae (at first little more than moss) possible and in turn life as we know it. They even found fossil of mushrooms that would go as tall as modern trees from that era.

They literally simulate prolonged states of psychosis. In what sane world would such a thing be considered a good to humanity? Beyond their initial novelty, they are absolutely worthless, and only of some marginal benefit to actual productive intellects, i.e. NOT most of humanity. Read a book instead or listen to Bach would be my advice. No one needs this shit.

I little bit of shrooms, weed or coke never hurt anybody who was of stable mind. In fact thinking about thinking is a positive result of mind altering drugs.

However the people with flawed brains can & do crack when the “experience” shatters their loose grasp on sanity.

Drugs open the doors to madness for those who had a madness door.

The vast majority just get high, enjoy, comedown, adjust and get on with their lives...from about Tuesday when they get their shot back together.

Why deny the mind expanded majority some recreationally enjoyment because loonies are fragile.

Rule1: Way High. Code

Never over indulge regularly. Always stop for weeks at a time to confirm you can stop. Better people than you fell into addition by not maintaining control.

If you can do that, then you should experiment to your hearts & minds content.

Ps: old fag, been getting high since your Mum was a virgin.

t. person who has never done psychedelics

>Legalization makes usage rate go up

Hasn't this been proven patently false over the years? There literally ain't a single country that legalized it that had the usage rate go up, hell if even did the opposite as the whole meme that weed is dangerous get turned to derision as more and more people see pothead as mostly dumb asses with the occasional munchies. And even then you assume the rate of usage aren't already quite high before the legalization, I mean it ain't for no reason it goes more easily in certain era than others, for the ones that has easy access to weed understand quite well that the illegal trade is godawful due to the criminals that seek to profit from the situation and more often than not aren't afraid to use force to get what they want. An exemple of a community that gain from the legalization would be the Okanagan valley in BC, Canada. A native reserve that had a huge recession for decades eventually started to grow back due to weed farmer in the community that would support one another and even give their farming equipment back to the community so they could continue the growth. It eventually became so omnipresent that cops just stopped bothering and now the city is booming like never before, with little to no violent crimes done to weed producer. But unsurprisingly all the piece of shit went to the construction industry, which I heard is full to the brim with corrupt fucks and people related to the mafia.

Because SSRIs are a better commercial enterprise

>supporting the nanny state

Please commit suicide. This retarded mindset is a large barrier that stands in the way of progress in medical and psychological research. MDMA and psilocybin are currently being used alongside psychotherapy to successfully treat PTSD in veterans, and psilocybin is also starting to look like a potential treatment to alleviate treatment resistant depression. You can easily find studies on this and the majority of them are recent because a bunch of clueless retards saw these as party drugs and so nobody gave a shit when they put them up as Schedule 1 drugs with no medicinal value. Short sighted drug prohibition bites us all in the ass and "muh degeneracy" retards should be ashamed for supporting it.

>MedFag here

Pro tip....Shrooms don't show on a standard drug test

Nothing I said was false:

>In effect, psilocybin appears to inhibit brain regions that are responsible for constraining consciousness within the narrow boundaries of the normal waking state...

>Most people are able to ignore the constant stream of incoming stimuli, but this capability is reduced in those with low latent inhibition... Those of above average intelligence are thought to be capable of processing this stream effectively, enabling their creativity and increasing their awareness of their surroundings. Those with average and, less than average intelligence, on the other hand, are less able to cope and as a result are more likely to suffer from mental illness and sensory overload. It is hypothesized that a low level of latent inhibition can cause either psychosis or a high level of creative achievement or both, which is usually dependent on the individual's intelligence.

All they do is raise your awareness of information below the level of one's consciousness. And their effectiveness depends on the intelligence of the user. There are countless other means of achieving the same thing like reading, art, meditation, taking a shower, napping, etc. that pose no harm whatsoever to a person.

scientificamerican.com/article/do-psychedelics-expand-mind-reducing-brain-activity/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latent_inhibition#Pathology