I don't understand voter ID laws

Here you show up on election day, show ID, vote. That's how elections work.

How do you even do elections without ID's? What's to stop someone from voting ten times? How do they know you're old enough to vote? How do they know you're not just some tourist who wandered in?

How is this a thing in the U.S.? How are you supposed to have a democracy if no one's keeping track on who has voted and who hasn't?

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-014212__01.jpg (1080x1011, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

projectvote.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Politics_of_Voter_Fraud_Final.pdf
dropbox.com/s/fokd83nn4x6wuw9/OnePersonOneVote.pdf?dl=0
votingrights.news21.com/article/election-fraud/
huffingtonpost.com/debbie-hines/voter-fraud-statistics_b_1139085.html
demos.org/sites/default/files/publications/Analysis.pdf
journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1532673X13498411
liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/elj.2013.0231
dartmouth.edu/press-releases/no_evidence_voter_fraud.html
votingwars.news21.com/voter-fraud-is-not-a-persistent-problem/
projectveritas.com/video/undercover-pv-journalist-in-full-burka-is-offered-huma-abedins-ballot/
citp.princeton.edu/research/voting/
youtube.com/watch?v=rCldQRaPXwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do you even do elections without ID's?
It's easy! I do it five times every election!

You fill out a form. Sign the part that says all the information is true.
Hey presto! You're a voter.
There is supposed to be serious criminal penalties for voter fraud, but it's racist to actually enforce the law.
It's also racist to make people show i.d.
Are you some kind of bigot?

It's also racist to remove dead people from the voter rolls.

I get the Jow Forums argument is "the dehmuchrats bring in illegals to vote" but what is the non-tinfoil actual reasoning for not requiring IDs? Like I said, I don't understand how free democratic elections are even supposed to be possible without that requirement. It's absolutely absurd, but the U.S calls itself a democracy, so there must be SOME way in which they explain it, even if less than perfect.

Seriously, what's stopping anyone from voting a dozen times if no IDs are checked?

Once you voted, they mark down that you've already cast your ballot and in theory you shouldn't be able to again.

But literally nothing to stop you from voting multiple times under the names of other registered voters if you don't have to prove identity, though.

Liberals who oppose voter ID are braindead. I honestly don't think voter fraud is as big of an issue as Republicans make it out to be (and if it is, it's probably far more widespread in California and other states that are already comfortably blue). But it isn't unreasonable at all to ask someone to prove their identity to vote, and there's really no good argument against it, especially if the IDs are free.

You do that before hand or when you go to vote?

What's stopping you from filling ten of the same form?

California used to be Republican.
Don’t let this happen in your state, friend.

>But literally nothing to stop you from voting multiple times under the names of other registered voters if you don't have to prove identity, though.
Do you have to bring some piece of paper with you, or do they just ask you for your name and hand you the ballot if that name is on a list?

We tell democrats this and they scream ID laws are racist. These are the same dems who think Russia hacked the election. Half of this country is full of idiots.

You have to register before.

The only thing stopping fraud is the threat of criminal prosecution, which never happens.

They send you a card in the mail, but you don't need it to vote.
Walk in and tell them your name.

Except you are wrong idiot. The votes are properly investigated. You do realize we check for voting fraud right?

But even in theory how are they going to prosecute someone for a fake name?

Assuming they figure out Dildo Baggins isn't real, who will they go after? If people aren't required to prove their identity when registering to vote, how would they know who did it?

Usually I tell Euro-bros to worry about their own country, but voter fraud here is a serious problem.

>I get the Jow Forums argument is "the dehmuchrats bring in illegals to vote" but what is the non-tinfoil actual reasoning for not requiring IDs?
>Seriously, what's stopping anyone from voting a dozen times if no IDs are checked?
If you already know the answer to the question why do you insist on playing dumb?

Liberals don't want voter IDs because they vote illegally. It really is that simple. The left constantly claims that "there is no proofs!" (despite actively blocking any attempt to look into ballot fraud, and multiple cases caught every single election.) Meanwhile, since US voting is broken down into much smaller voting districts inside each city, it is not unusual for a "close race" to be thrown by just a few hundred votes.

Liberals bus niggers from district to district. They drop off packs of the homeless waving $20 bills and packs of cigarettes. King Barry gave a speech telling Mexicans here illegally not to be afraid to go vote anyway, because California actually gives illegals IDs...

The truth is staring you in the face, but you're refusing to see it. Why?

answer this Even if they find a bogus name in the records, how will they find who put it there.

OR what if you go to vote, tell your name and they say you already voted? how are you supposed to know who voted with your name, or which vote was theirs??

>Liberals bus niggers from district to district.
No they don't, they bus them straight to the poll and thats it. The buses travel around to assist people to get to the polls not fucking bus the same people around to different ones.

Some republicans used to organize "poll watching", but it's racist to catch the same people voting all over town.

Bullshit

Voter fraud barely happens to begin with. You do realize republicans as much as democrats have them properly verified right?

Libshits complain that it's racist cause niggers live too far away from the DMV and can't afford teh fees to get an ID or have the time. No seriously, this is their argument.

Oh fuck off retard, you don't even know how fucking elections work.

Of course I know the truth. I don't care about that. That's not how they present it, however true. There must be some public explanation and logic they use to mask their true intentions. I want to hear that, because to me it sounds like fucking African nations have elections that make more sense on paper.

Fuck you and all the illegal aliens you bus around.

Attached: 41545454.png (644x500, 66K)

The Democrats claim that voter ID is racist because browns are too busy working to ever go to the DMV. The actual, non-tinfoil reason is that Democrats rely on voter fraud.

How do you know it barely happens if no one's keeping track!?

It's how democrats win elections here.

>I honestly don't think voter fraud is as big of an issue as Republicans make it out to be
It's mostly a distraction to keep people from looking at the beans instead of the beancounters. "Even one is too many!" is the same emotional leftist rhetoric they use to justify spending billions of dollars to try to eliminate 10 shootings a year with "muhsult rifles" (while ignoring the 100,000+ committed by blacks with handguns.)

Two-party politics in this country are about as real as professional wrestling. It's all an act. The "evil rayciss republicans" are the heel. Both teams are owned by the same banks.

Except everybody is fucking keeping track, we have dozens and dozens of studies that check.

The best way to prosecute voter fraud is to have cameras at the entrance of polling stations and use photo lineups to interview the 70+ year old volunteers. It's almost impossible to deal with voter fraud without ID laws because of this.

The bullshit elections we held in Afghanistan and Iraq are more honest.
Where the people dip their finger in ink.
I think that would be racist to do here.

Because niggers are somehow incapable of having ID leftists claim it's racist voter suppression

But what if I show up, say your name, vote. You're at home jerking off.

How would you know I voted in your name? It wouldn't show up on any study, because NO ONE'S CHECKING THE ID'S

No Finbro, that's the beauty. In the US you just declare things as true, the they magically become true:

> state election fraud is "super rare"
> present no evidence
> CNN confirms
> snopes confirms
> questioners are labeled goofs and retards
> average joe has work to do, can't keep fighting about shit

Works every time.

So if it's racist to have to produce and ID to vote, why is it not racist to have to provide and ID to buy a gun? Dies the left ever get called out in this.

Does it matter?

OH
MY
GOD!
I'VE BEEN MEMED

Voter fraud is bullshit and anyone spouting it a retard.

projectvote.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Politics_of_Voter_Fraud_Final.pdf

dropbox.com/s/fokd83nn4x6wuw9/OnePersonOneVote.pdf?dl=0

votingrights.news21.com/article/election-fraud/

huffingtonpost.com/debbie-hines/voter-fraud-statistics_b_1139085.html

fucking idiots

God dammit I hate being a phone poster sometimes

America's problem is a lot bigger than that.

They don't even have a database of their citizens.
Something all civilized countries have since Napoleon.
This is because databases scare and confuse Americans.

Without knowing who your own citizens are and where they live, how will they ever hold temper free elections?

demos.org/sites/default/files/publications/Analysis.pdf

journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1532673X13498411

liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/elj.2013.0231

I can shit these out all day

You can't check mail-in ballots.

Right on cue.

Legal gun owners vote republican.

Damn.. That's just bizare!

dartmouth.edu/press-releases/no_evidence_voter_fraud.html

votingwars.news21.com/voter-fraud-is-not-a-persistent-problem/

Cmon retards

They've controlled public discourse for the last 50 years through the media, so there's been no need for them to explain their actions to anyone. Nobody could hold them accountable for their irrationality.

Hopefully this is changing, though.

If you want IDs for voting then uds need to be free otherwise it's a poll tax

niggers are too stupid to figure out how to get an ID so its racist to have voter ID laws because niggers.

>why is it not racist to have to provide and ID to buy a gun?
because niggers acquire their guns illegally

Because the democrats would never win without illegal votes so they make it a white mans burden type issue

They have i.d.
It's too much of a hassle getting multiples for voter fraud.

>There must be some public explanation and logic they use to mask their true intentions.
... oh! You're asking what the liberals claim is their excuse for blocking voter IDs? I misunderstood. That's simple. It's because niggers are stupid.

Liberals insist that having to get an ID is rayciss because blacks really are just hopelessly dumb niggers. Dumber than Mexican villagers and Indian peasants who shit in the streets. Both countries require IDs to participate in the electoral process and seem to have no problems... but the left, who relies immensely on the vote of subhumans to win races, knows very well that blacks really are too stupid to even spell their made-up name right on a registration form.

They legitimately argue that making a nigger write their name on a piece of paper in exchange for a free ID is akin to requiring a test to vote. Which hasn't been legal in a long time.

It's hard to fault the left with their logic, because they happen to be right on this one.

Attached: 1528753624853.png (645x729, 77K)

This just blows my mind.

Honestly I can guarantee 99% of people here wouldn't believe you if you told them. At best they'd think "not requiring IDs to vote" is some tinfoil fake news urban legend and tell you to fuck off with the conspiracy bullshit.

I don't mean the busses full of illegals, I mean simply the lack of ID checks. People wouldn't believe it. It's so against all common sense.

Voter fraud is very hard to detect. It's certainly not going to be caught by poll watchers.

>dartmouth.edu/press-releases/no_evidence_voter_fraud.html

It never ends.

Attached: more_bullshit.png (1069x586, 174K)

Poll watchers? Those aren't just fucking poll watchers. This is both academic and private interest groups from both the right and the left.

Literally all niggers have photo ID so they can buy alcohol and tobacco.

i provided 9 fucking studies moron.

answer this how is your study supposed to pick up on something, that by definition can't be noticed? of course the study doesn't notice it

If you can’t bother dragging your ass to the DMV I highly doubt you are fit to make decisions that will affect policy. Voter ID is not racist even in Sweden, and everything’s racist here.

Careful Finbro, that kind of talk is super racist. Also you may have noticed the shareblue shill posting garbage links, just in the nick of time.

projectveritas.com/video/undercover-pv-journalist-in-full-burka-is-offered-huma-abedins-ballot/

You must go back to shareblue.

>projectveritas
>a literal propaganda site that heavily edits its videos
Jesus fucking christ you are so fucking dumb

Attached: 1530855410386.png (621x702, 56K)

Do they have access to a database of every registered voter's signature to compare with scanned copies of every ballot?

Oh whats that, you can refute my argument?

By contrast:
In my country if a nigger over the age of 12 walks in the street without carrying ID he can be fined or even arrested.

IDs aren't free in Finland and literally no one in the history of the country has ever questioned the need to show ID at the voting station because it would be a non-sensical thing to say

one paid shill spamming propaganda and biased """""studies""""" that are thinly-veiled lies pumped out to discredit any critique or improvement of the easily-infiltrated and manipulated voting systems that the libshits have been abusing for decades.

First, the PROOF that voter fraud is real and possible, demonstrated, repeated and verified:
citp.princeton.edu/research/voting/

And now the PROOF that dems have been doing it for decades:
youtube.com/watch?v=rCldQRaPXwo

admitting you are wrong is the first step to healing

>veritas
Oh christ you are so fucking dumb

Attached: 1529090645376.gif (600x580, 472K)

It's very hard to understand you with so much dick in your mouth.

Omg, will you please stop meming me.

Would make sense that you would be able to do your job.

You mean proving Jow Forums is nothing but a bunch of morons who literally have no evidence to counter my arguments? Yeah what a great job.

Oh no GOY, he's very convincing. How dare you question the (((studies))). It's a shanda.

I read the ACLU page and... that IS their argument, huh.

It's just "minority voters" and "fraud doesn't happen anyway don't worry".

But there must be talk shows and other such platforms where people have to answer tougher questions. What's the response to the problems above like "how is anyone even supposed to know if someone else voting using their name?" how would that show up as a false vote if no one knows to look for a problem since ID's aren't checked? You know, fundamental logical issues?

Or is the answer just "studies have shown..."?

If you want IDs for voting then they need to be free, otherwise it's an illegal poll tax.

Attached: 1531336491283.jpg (600x803, 39K)

>i just lost the argument BADLY so i'll just greentext the source and pretend i wont

wow you're more retarded than i thought

Democrat states don't have voter ID laws because illegal spics and niggers who cant afford $12 to get an ID card always vote Democrat

>there must be talk shows and other such platforms where people have to answer tougher questions

AHAHAHAHAHA... sorry Finbro, it's way to cucked here for that.

The shills refuse to address this. No matter how meticulous the study, nobody can compile data that doesn't exist.

You mean you got assblasted and decided to post literal propaganda. Don't make me laugh anymore.

Attached: dwvkx.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

Yeah, 15 posts by that guy so far lel

No amount of "studies" or "statistics" can answer the fundamental logical fallasies in not requiring an ID to vote.

I come in. I say your name. I vote.
You sit at home, watching tv.
Even IF they check that vote, everything seems fine since there's only one vote cast in your name.
Study says: No fraud happens.

Except the studies do say voter fraud happen, but its literally less then 30 cases. You can literally check the white house website for recent voter fraud cases as well.

>what is the non-tinfoil actual reasoning for not requiring IDs?
In the US, there is no national ID card. The only photo ID most people have is a state driver's license, so if you don't drive, you're likely not to have photo ID.

Meaning that voter ID laws tend to keep the poor from voting.

I think you know what I mean. Enjoy another 2 cents.

Lol
Thought about moving to the US but now i'm not really sure

If you try to vote and can't pay a hundred dollars and prove you're literate in English, white police officers should execute you right there.

That you're a retard? Yeah i do.

>Meaning that voter ID laws tend to keep the poor from voting.
Evidence?

Oh, no. That's too bad.

You need ID to get welfare.

But how can you know when there is no information to study? How would a scenario like that ever, ever get detected?

You exist. You're registered to vote. I voted in your name. 1 person registered to vote = 1 vote. That's never going to show up on any study no matter how many studies they do. How can you know there aren't a million of these cases, since they're literally undetectable?

Also, why should poor people be allowed to vote?

Basically liberals claim it's a voting tax to discourage blacks from voting. This is of course bullshit, however it's not like things like this haven't happened in the past. A lot of states like to do things like having a test to try and weed out niggers from voting. It was wrong, but now it's fixed.

As for having an ID, everyone has a fucking ID. My junkie sister has her ID, the nigger selling crack has an ID, the redneck living in a trailer park has an ID, the spic single mom collecting foodstamps has an ID. Everyone fucking has one, it's not like getting one is this impossible thing to do. It doesn't even have to be a fucking driver's license (although that is what most people will present when asked for ID). You can get a state ID. Where I live it's $30 for a state ID that isn't driver's license. If you feel that fucking strongly about voting you can come up with $30.

You know who doesn't have one? Illegal immigrants. Also it's harder to vote twice or three times if you have to present your ID. If they tell you that it's not because they want Mexicans to vote, they are fucking liars. Look at everything else they say, using terms like "undocumented citizens". I mean fucking Christ it's so bad that people running for office in Mexico campaign in the south-west United States.

Explain what the problem with ids are instead.