/cg/ Christianity General - Leave Your Past Behind & Join Us, Edition

This is the story of the first time that I visited an Orthodox Church - With a few things that I learned or wished I’d known beforehand, that I’ll share because we all know that visiting church for the first time - or the first time in a long time, is quite intimidating and coming out of ~12 years of militant Atheism around the time of my first visit, I really didnt know what to expect!

First, its okay to feel like you’re entering a different, unfamiliar world, because... Well, you are! One thing that some people consider is contacting the Church beforehand (You will likely find an email address and/or phone number, etc on any Church’s website) so that you know that they’re expecting you - and perhaps there will even be greeters ready to give you an individual tour when you arrive. This can really make the process a lot more comfortable, however it is not a necessity, and there is no reason why one “has to” do this, nor anything against simply showing up for services one morning!

That’s what I did, my interest in Orthodoxy grew in /cg/ threads on this board, and I found out that there’s a church not too far from my home, so I arrived knowing very little of the Church itself nor actual Christianity, having only read part of the book of Matthew (first book of the New Testament in the Bible) at the time and having prayed for guidance, and repentance from my old life, and for things to go well during this visit, but I was still plenty nervous!

Attached: Jesus Christ ikon.jpg (310x382, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/w95yp
chicago.goarch.org/news/2018/6/19/statment-on-zero-tolerance-policy-on-unlawful-immigration
yourblackworld.net/2017/03/24/vatican-in-shock-as-1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-wasnt-crucified
youtube.com/watch?v=qIdCRanZZyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Like most any Church, there were greeters opening the doors who welcomed me inside - and this is important - one can always expect there to be someone there to help guide you when you first arrive! I got there about 15-20 minutes before the start of the service (this is recommended if possible, but not a big deal if you don’t or can’t), so I even got to meet the priest and they showed me around a little. One side note, do not expect much time with the Priest during this timeframe, he will be running around doing many different things so the service can begin - so if you only get to meet him for long enough to make a quick introduction - or perhaps even not at all - don’t worry! You’re not being “pushed away” or whatever, its simply a matter of circumstance, and in my case he promised to catch up with me afterwards and answer any questions that I had.

I will say that folks were very nice. There was incense and no pews (benches) as this church performs a standing service - both of these things I found different, but not intimidating. Really the only thing to know is DON’T GO UP FOR COMMUNION or “The Eucharist” as they call it, this is reserved for formal members (folks who’ve been Baptized or Chrismated (aka “Confirmed” into the Church, aka completely and officially Converted), but other than that, theres really no pressure on you.

Folks will cross themselves a lot and venerate icons, but no one is counting on you to do this, nor will they hold it against you if you don’t, as you’re new, and for now only an inquirer, of course. If you want to join them, all the better, do as much as you’re comfortable with (besides taking communion at this point, as we just discussed), but remember, today is your first visit - and there’s no pressure!

Attached: what i see around me would drive me insane, if I did not know that no matter what happens, God will (500x500, 35K)

Watching the service was an experience! It was beautiful, no song books (hymnals) like some churches use, almost everything is either chanted and/or memorized!

Don’t expect much interaction with folks during the service - we’re here to Worship our King at this point, but fellowship afterwards (often referred to as the “coffee hour”) is a great place to hang out, eat, and talk after the service! One thing to know is that no one helps themselves to the food and drink until the Priest has blessed the food and drink after the service, but as with most things in life, if you simply stay with the crowd, you’ll know when its time for the meal! I think I stayed for probably two hours after the end of the service on my first visit, haha.

Attached: repentance .jpg (736x551, 81K)

Now, what might one expect for fellowship? Well, let me explain what I wouldn’t expect. Many people (myself once included) look at church-goers as a crowd who are perfect and have lived perfect lives, and that’s just not very realistic. We all try our best now, but my church is almost exclusively converts (only a small percentage of “Cradle Orthodox” who grew up in the faith), coming from a wide variety of backgrounds and beliefs. I remember my Priest discussing the types of things he’s helped people through over the years in getting their lives straightened out and joining the church, and theres some dark stuff that people have been lifted out of. We’re not discussing “I was rude to a cashier once when I was having a bad day”, we’re talking about folks who’ve engaged in witchcraft, blasphemy, etc. These sort of things, and this is only what he was willing to mention in passing. Its important to know that everything can and will be forgiven if one is to genuinely seek salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ, and remember, that no one here is “better than you” or whatever, in fact many of us have likely done and been through the same, or worse things in our prior lives. We all had our first visit to Church too, and I will say that mine was a very apprehensive experience for me, but I’m glad that I did it.

Just remember this passage:

Attached: francis.jpg (531x696, 64K)

“Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance”

-Matthew 9, 10-13

Everyone I talked to was extremely welcoming, and warm, and kind. They shared stories of their past, and answered any questions that I had, and discussed anything that I wanted. I never felt that I was being looked down upon or judged, they knew that I was here trying to get things sorted out in my life, and they couldn’t have been nicer to me because of, or in spite of, it. Again, most of them were once in the same, exact place.

Attached: turkish convert.png (1200x988, 258K)

So, that was my first visit! One thing that I would consider if I were making my first visit again, is to try and arrange a meeting with the Priest at a later date. As we discussed
earlier, he will be very busy before the service and often surrounded by the congregation and occupied with them after it, so I wouldn’t count on talking with him much on this day, but if you’re comfortable with the idea, you might leave your contact information with one of the greeters (many churches even have a card you can fill out with your phone number, email address, or whatever you want, and they’ll reach out to you) to try and arrange this meeting. There, you’ll have a dedicated time to ask anything you would like to, to learn about anything that you wish, to talk about any concerns you might have, or to discuss whatever situation or life experience(s) or problem(s) that you’re trying to move past. Remember, the Church exists to connect people to God and as a means to bring us all closer to Him, and in a way its literally this man’s job (that he does for God) to help you on your journey. So, with that being said, don’t feel that he won’t care about you because you’re not yet a member, or anything along those lines.

Attached: reminder.jpg (480x460, 43K)

But if you’re not comfortable with this, that’s okay too, its still only your first visit, and theres no requirement that you open up or put yourself out there, or interact with anyone, any more than you want to. Simply coming to the service is a huge step, and the main thing is to simply take in as much as you can, and go from there!

I hope this will help you through your first visit! I later ended up officially joining this church (being “Chrismated), after repenting of my sins, being reborn in Christ, turning my life around and looking back now, I have no regrets, beyond waiting as long as I did.

Attached: world without religion.png (1280x720, 749K)

6̪̻̻̗͈̱8̬͎̣̗͚̭͔̕ ͉̳7͟9̠̦̣͓ ̥͟7̘͠8̴͉̻̻̟͖ ̼̝͘8̫͜4 ̼3̨̟̣̼̯͉̪2̘̝͇ ̝̮͍7̢̯̬̘6̩̮ ̣̳͚̭͡7̢͍̱̝̣̫̰9̭͚͎̯͖ ͖̜̠͕͉͚̜7̯̫̺̖9̹̟̥͕͙̹̪͜ ̬͕7̥̺̼͚̫́5̧͙̜̭̳ ̶̠͈3͚́2̕ ̩̪6̯6̶̙̖̳ ̮̖̪͟6̻̳̪̹̟̖9̼̼̞̹ ̻ͅ7̳̬͙͇2̷͖̞ 7͙̬͎3̰̠̤͖ ̞̱̦͡7̯̭̟̰̰8̷̱̻ ̡̘̥̻̤̩͖͚6̮̯͉̪8͍͘ ͙̹͎͈̱͇32̷̞̯̹̫̭͕ ͉͙̦̮̹͓́8̸̻̭̠͓9̸̯̯̱̩̰ ͍̭̘̜̟͡7̖̣͎9̱̹͉ 8̘̺5̴͖͖̟̗̟̮̯

Attached: 1487826529173.png (233x221, 123K)

?

Attached: boycott the movies.jpg (640x845, 102K)

This pic is racist, Jesus was not white, but whitebois like to keep a brotha down and be lying to the black man. Jesus was and is a black man.

Stay woke senpai

Attached: The true lord jesus christ.jpg (412x550, 60K)

inb4

Attached: Anti-Christian shilling.png (1806x1252, 125K)

0/10

Dumping the obligatory redpill on races:

On Races & Their Biblical Relations
Today I wanted to form a brief redpill for my fellow Anons who have concerns about ((((((Equality)))))) and (((((((((((Diversity))))))))))) as we know them, in a biblical context. Let me start this by saying that for whatever it is worth, I do not fervently hate people of other races, however I and most followers of uncucked Christianity view the multitudes of races as God’s work, these are his creation - created differently - and they should not be intermixed, but rather preserved as such in their own respective lands, especially when ((((they)))) claim otherwise, and also considering that ((((they)))) have weaponized the “migration” of third world, almost universally non-Christian peoples into previously Christian lands in an effort to out-populate and eventually exterminate the remaining local traditional Christians in these lands.

I will now present a number of Biblical arguments for this stance, beginning with what is without a doubt one of the biggest ((((misquoted))) verses on this subject in the entire bible - that of Galatians 3:28 which is often spammed and taken out of context, in an effort to convince Christianons and those lurking that God is a passive entity who favors open borders (((equality))) as it is portrayed in ((((((((((((popular culture)))))))))))), and other forms of bluepilled nonsense. Moving on, this verse partially reads:

Attached: usury the pope.jpg (2056x1620, 945K)

>There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female

Now, consider the entire passage from which this is ((((mistakenly)))) separated from, when (((they))) misquote it. Galatians 3, 23-28 is as follows:

>Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Attached: turn the other cheek.png (1380x511, 381K)

As you can see, this is speaking to a non-physical, spiritual identity, stating that we can all receive the Love and Salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ. To argue that - as they would - that the meaning of this passage is as they acclaim - is to argue against the existence of women here in the physical, earthly realm.

Moving forward with further information the biblical separations between the races, I would add the point that God created man with the power and ability and desire to
create nations, and identities for the societies and races which he hath formed, and even stated to us that nations - and by extension nationality and national identity will exist even up until the end of the world, where in the book of Revelation it is said that:

Attached: bolsh vs Christians.png (650x994, 600K)

>
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man
could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands (Revelation 7:9 luv)
Therefore the concept of a nation - and a nation as WE know it - with its own language, identity, etc will be - and is MEANT TO BE - with us until the end of time.

But you ask yourself - why are there the different races on this earth, and how could one know with certainty that they are not intended to be intermixed from a biblical standpoint, leaving aside purely pragmatic evidence to include the statistics of crime and social problems which inevitably rise from this action taking place? To this valid question I would answer with this abbreviated passage of Genesis 11:1-9 kjv which gives us the TL;DR of the tower of Babel:

Attached: chain.jpg (1280x960, 270K)

>And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there... And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name... And the
LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Attached: who sells our Lord for silver.png (575x607, 129K)

Basically, there were a people who were one - one language - one society located in a prosperous area, and their arrogance consumed them. For they said amongst themselves “We will make this tower - so that we can now climb into heaven - and because we will then be in heaven, we will simply be our own Gods from now on!”

Well, the actual God did not look upon this kindly, and to end the foolishness of their tower and their plan (which wouldn’t have worked anyway, of course - for as the Greek fathers of the Orthodox Church insisted “A God who is comprehensible is not God. A God, that is to say, whom we claim to understand exhaustively through the resources of our own reasoning brain turns out to be no more than an idol, fashioned in our own image. Such a “god” is most emphatically not the true and living God of the Bible and the Church. Man is made in God’s image, but the reverse is not true”, based God above confused their speech into different languages and scattered them to the different continents of the earth (And some would argue, that God scattered the continents also among the planet at this time), so that these people could no longer communicate effortlessly amongst themselves, nor plan, nor build - the “great” tower of Babel.

Attached: ee8a1948d49db3ab11e1e1735b497abbd71031339895b69aef79f89b1d204744.png (582x572, 317K)

As such we can see before us, that the existence of different nations, of different cultures and peoples, races and creeds is the work of the most powerful God of all things - and not a coincidental happenstance. This was done for a reason, and as such I believe that we need to preserve the order of the world set fourth by our creator, to preserve the different races and peoples until the end of time.

I hope that these passages will help to explain the truth behind something which is often used maliciously by non-Christians with little to no practical understanding of it, against our faith, against us, and against our very lands and cultures.

Attached: Christians beheaded by ISIS.png (1294x1212, 331K)

Attached: anzujaamu-2018-07-07.png (750x1334, 1.71M)

Anzu at Hagia Sophia

Attached: anzujaamu-2018-07-07-instagram.png (750x1334, 1.96M)

Hi there, OP. I assume a lot of what you described will probably also apply in some sense to visiting a Catholic church. Earlier today I reading about a local church and planning to go attend their Mass service tomorrow morning. I haven't been to a church in more than a decade, and when I was Christian I was Protestant. I've genuinely never attended a "Mass", but I'm set on it, maybe because I kind of hold a grudge against Protestants and blame them for my separation from Christianity. Anyway, just any specific advice? I'm pretty sure I've never even been Baptized, so I know not to take communion. The thing is, while I definitely would not want to call myself an atheist anymore, I don't think I qualify as a believer. I can't, or I guess I don't pray. I feel like, maybe attending service can sort of teach me to believe again? Is that crazy? I welcome any insight any Christians in the thread have.

Oh shit, I forgot to take of the dumbass flag. Please don't hold that against me, I'm 100% serious.

Its okay user, take a deep breath, you're on the path to finding God now, this is huge. Honestly, I was in a very similar place to you a couple of years ago, this is where things start to change - if you want them to. I would recommend reading - or rereading, of course - the book of Matthew, the first book of the New Testament. It'll show you - or remind you, of the gospel and Christ's teachings. I prayed - I cried out to the Lord genuinly, possibly for the first time in my life before I read this, I was looking to find him, to find his love and his guidance in my life and I was able to. I prayed to him - I prayed "Please help me find you, show me that you're real and help me to learn, and to believe" and started reading and I got what I asked - and I believe you will too. I'll pray for you on your journey, user. At whatever church you end up, tell the Priest what you told us - and listen to his advice. Same to any laymen you feel like opening up to. Good luck, user!

Attached: mount athos jets.jpg (600x383, 43K)

This is beautiful, thank you user!

Its all good. Welcome, based inquirer Christianon!

Thank you for the advice, sincerely. I'm fortunate this thread was here today. I'm going to reread Matthew, like you said, but I don't think I have it in me to pray. Maybe I will after reading, maybe it will come later. It feels very raw to even think about trying. I feel like I'm exposing myself to something painful. I'm really hoping I can find something meaningful in service tomorrow, or talk to a priest about my situation. Again, thank you. It's honestly a struggle for me to hold back tears right now, probably because of your kindness and openness.

You're welcome, user! I know this is a lot to take in, you're now getting involved with something incomprehensibly larger than yourself, truly, possibly for the first time ever. You just have to keep moving - if you're not going forwards - you're really going backwards - and this is ultimately the only thing which truly matters in our lives. Everything else is finite, limited and temporary. God speed based user, I'm so glad that I could help you on this journey!

Attached: gods not dead world news.png (1180x1180, 1.59M)

In terms of eastern Orthodoxy, do you do Russian, Greek, or Serb?

I don't want to say too much, to avoid doxxing myself, but I'll say that all three are perfectly acceptable, if you're interested in finding a church and are comparing them, my advice is to write them (there should be a contact email on their websites, or a normiebook page, if you have that) and ask if their services are in english, unless of course you speak Serbian or Greek. Beyond that, desu the best thing you can do is visit them all and decide which you like the best.

But if I'm misreading your post, all are mostly comparable at least in the US.

Nah you're good. It's something I've been considering for a while. I was told once to steer away from Greek and that's kinda stuck with me but I don't really know why. There's a Russian church near me and they do a service in Russian and then another one later in English. Joining is something I've been on the edge of for a while. What version of the Bible do you read?

Stop playing church and get right

streamable.com/w95yp

Attached: ENG.jpg (736x1104, 466K)

Excellent! Congratulations on considering this journey, you're opening yourself up to something many people flee from.

Honestly I havent visited enough Churches to know, and I'm sure how welcoming they are exists on a spectrum as with many things, but some of the most welcoming, kind people I've met on my journey into Orthodoxy were at a Greek church. If you're worrying about national exclusivity, the English service at the Russian church might be a great place to start. If nothing else - remember - you can go there only to visit with no further expectations unless things go well - no one is expecting you to go and commit to joining immediately.

I recommend the Orthodox Study Bible for its footnotes - and its a NKJV. Otherwise - The Orthodox New Testament is a much better translation of the original texts from Greek than most - its looked up to in Orthodox circles, although many people use the good ole KJV.

I know theres a lot to take in, especially at first. Is there anything else that I could help you with?

Attached: ask.jpg (658x800, 80K)

Thanks. I'll try to buy the Study Bible sometime this week. I'd read a PDF scan but I do much better with physical books. I'm not sure I have anything else to ask - I feel like I have a million things to ask but I can't think of anything else. I appreciate it man

Attached: 1512600996370.jpg (1125x1660, 465K)

Darn that Orthodox Study Bible is more expensive than I expected. I guess it's valid though, seems to be the Cadillac of books for Orthodoxy. Ill get my hands on it though, it'll probably be worth it

I want to believe in Christianity. I really do. It has done so much for western civilization.

But how do I get past the fact that it's a Jewish creation, aimed at Jews (that's who the original Christians were) basically as a cannibalistic power grab, and where basically I have to worship a Jew as my all-knowing leader?

(((memeflag)))

It is a little pricey... If (((they))) weren't here, I'd send you one if there was a way to without both of us doxxing ourselves. But - it is available as a pdf online for free, at least as of a few weeks ago...

There's a little more too it than that, read through the New Testament and you'll find that Jesus is the polar opposite of those who today, call themselves Jews. Its too much to go into in one post, but the Jews we know, today, DESPISE Christ, he cursed them! If you get the aforementioned Orthodox Study Bible, its notes help explain the entire situation. The TL;DR is that modern, pious Christians are Israel. The LARPers on stolen ground in the middle east are of "The Synogauge of Satan", and the good Jews of the Old Testament are those who accepted Christ as the messiah and became the first Christians, the first followers of Christ.

I hope this helps. If you have a chance, sitting down with a Priest will offer a chance for you to work through all these questions... I'll pray for you, on your journey user!

Attached: lives.jpg (720x539, 68K)

I appreciate the thought. I'll get one sometime. You're a good man, this has been a great thead to read.

Good thread, OP.

I've mentioned the Greek church here in America in a previous thread. IT varies from parish to parish, but some are liberal. You have the Metropolitan of Chicago putting out shit like this:
chicago.goarch.org/news/2018/6/19/statment-on-zero-tolerance-policy-on-unlawful-immigration

Who knows. Maybe it was you. Once I muster up the courage, and I'm really close, I'm probably going to visit the Russian one near me. For now I'm going to try to get the Study Bible and read that. But I'm close.

Eek. This makes me glad my parish won't have anything to do with political issues, they try to encompass everyone on both sides (yes, I know they're two sides of the same coin usually, but still) of the issue, and work towards their salvation. The church doesnt see itself as a political entity.

I think this is how it should be, and I've been told thats how it was as the rule rather than the exception until the ((((((progressives)))))) showed up.

And thanks, user! We should all try to keep these /cg/ threads going!

Thanks, brother! I'll pray for you on this great journey.

Attached: will.jpg (720x541, 87K)

You right he wasn't white he was Jewish. And from the middle East. Jesus was born to Mary who was a direct line to David who was also not black. Jesus wasn't born in Niger, nor was he born in Ethiopia... your people are so obsessed with your own color that its become a fundamental part of your entire worldview and has become a part of your peoples entire theology. Your people are the most racist peoples in existence. There is no race on this earth that is as obsessed with race then your people. Every facet of your life is involved with it. Even your faith. Your people can't talk about anything without selfishly bringing it back to it involving your race. This picture is very old. It was one of the first ever icons of Jesus that has been replicated for years by churches. If you haven't noticed jews look white. But it doesn't matter. You should care not what color our lords skin is. Only that our Lord God became a human and died for our sins. His color is irrelevant.

Attached: received_1855103914535655.jpg (416x500, 31K)

Currently uploading a large folder of scholarly texts on the church fathers. Anyone who's interested in that type of thing, stick around.

right on

Hey user, I'm Protestant, but communion should be for the baptised. In order to be baptised, you need to repent of sins and confess that Jesus is Lord and the Son of God. But that will be covered if you talk to a priest. Just talk to one after Mass or something, and he'll be able to talk you through things then or come up with a time that works well to talk you through things. (They mostly do infant baptism, but converts can also be baptised. Also, Baptists do not believe in original sin and think baptism is for those who can reason and are accountable for their sins).

OP this was nice to read thank you.

You're welcome, user. I'll pray for you, in your journey.

I'm only at 10% uploaded. Might not get posted until tomorrow. 200 odd .pdf files take a while to transfer I guess.

If i ever joined Christianity, it would a sect in which people have traditional values, and the reason would be to meet hot white chicks. basically for social purposes.

Anyone else here not go to church? It's fucking ridiculous. Nowadays, most people who say their "Christian aren't Christian." To them, Christianity isn't a way of life, a disciplined moral code. To them, Christianity is an excuse to get up early on Sunday mornings and show off whatever new retarded clothes they bought that week and judge whoever isn't Christian as some sort of evil devil worshiper. All followed up by some stupid feel good sermon. And when the sermons aren't petty feel good bullshit they're just fucking stupid and incredibly boring to sit through. Protestants talk about how video games and Pokemon cards are literally Satan, Catholics tell you bringing in Muslim refugees makes you a good Christian. I used to be an atheist, and some things have stuck with me, such as my disdain for contemporary Christian music, my rejection of the idea that not being a Christian makes you immoral, and my contempt for modern churches. Fuck going to church, anons. I'd rather just sleep in on Sundays, and then read my Bible with some Gregorian chants playing softly and sweetly in the background.

Attached: 1523212907250.jpg (521x487, 26K)

Tl;Dr Catholic supremacy always bump /cg/

Hah. Its an idea many people have, at one point I was one of them. I ended up genuinly converting, for the right reasons, later on, partially because of it. I met an extremely pious guy once who said he first went to church to impress a girl he wanted to date, lol.

But using Church as a social club likely won't pan out. Those attractive girls won't settle for someone less than a genuine convert, and they, and their families will find out. And while generally "Church people" are extremely nice, they can read people better than any other group I've ever met.

But... Of course if you were genuinly interested in Christianity, I know that if you search, you will find God who is knocking at the door of your heart. Then things are genuine, and better for everyone involved.

The door is always open for you, user.

Will you make a new thread for them?

Christians are very self-centred, you try to convert people because you want a nice cushy spot in the afterlife. So you spend your whole lives kissing Jesus' arse and selling his double glazing. You charity is a lie, your selflessness is a lie, you work on commission and your daemon overseer wants souls. Your lives are devoted to death and taking others with you, carrying them like a meal ticket.

Attached: 1522552762206.png (540x764, 564K)

What?

If there's not a thread already I might. God willing.

you don't have to go to church to know god. sounds like a good sunday.

great. I'll try to be around for it.

Strive to be a mirror of Christ's love in this world.

>such as my disdain for contemporary Christian music, my rejection of the idea that not being a Christian makes you immoral, and my contempt for modern churches.
That's just good Christian sense. Though about the second point: the claim has never been that such people can't be moral, only that without God, there's no binding force to any moral law. "If there is no God, then everything is permissible." And this is just an obvious fact.

No, self-righteousness is itself repulsive. We do know that without Christ no one will be saved, because that's literally what we've been told, so we can't really work around the logic of this fact. We should lead people to the truth, but we shouldn't presume too much beyond that, and simply leave them to God. We should be praying, instead of heaping insults on them. We should also be exceedingly thankful but likewise careful for the conditions of our own souls.

Also try to find a traditional mass in your area, or at least one which isn't too offensive.

>Hey user, have you heard the good news that Jesus loves you?
>FUCKING SELF CENTERED KIKE WORSHIPPER, YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO GET SOME BROWNIE POINTS WITH JESUS

Attached: 8Dlzc.jpg (247x200, 8K)

Former atheist. Orthodox the way to go

or you simply wish to oppose child sacrificing satan worship by any means necessary.

Attached: 460px-Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg (460x889, 132K)

Become Orthodox

What about partaking of the sacrament of God at church? Isn't that important?

Attached: 1529798413399.jpg (1600x1232, 371K)

kek. The absolute state of the britbong.

>saved by faith alone
No Christian religion teaches that evangelization leads to salvation.

hey HEY guys. How have you been protelysing? converted the younglings yet? What method have YOU been using?

Attached: 1500942871847.jpg (927x1200, 104K)

What do you believe happened to those people who died and never heard of Christ?

Attached: 27a50d8552462caffaf4c3898adc7f2f07a0d18d39569b829997e3f7a3783ee8.png (639x762, 818K)

Pic related and door to door.

>1. What of the non-contacted peoples (e.g. Sentinelese, isolated tribes in Brazil) and people who lived before Christ who were not Hebrews and had not heard of Hebrews? What has happened to these people who never had a chance at all?

>(Acts 24:15) and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

>(John 5:29) and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

The Bible teaches that after the end of the world there will bet two resurrections: One of the righteous and one of unrighteous. One of faithful and one who committed vile things to be judged in the next system.

The Bible does acknowledge individuals around the world who never had a chance to know God and Christ. That's where the second resurrection comes in up above. The unrighteous resurrection will be for bad people who acted out of ignorance, mental illness, isolation, social and political engineering, etc. They will be brought back to life in the next system of Earth where no evil and no devil exist anymore. THEY will be judged under that system. If they can change they can stay, if they refuse they go back to eternal oblivion(SECOND DEATH.)

The murderers, pedophiles, rapist, thieves, blasphemers, JEWS, politicians, liars, fornicators, homosexuals of this current world have made their choice. This includes atheist who deep inside KNOW there is a God while on the surface fight ANYONE who tells them "God bless you." They automatically go to the SECOND DEATH.

Attached: 9918d237ca1d1a2702dcfa515b6ab7e9--jw-ministry-public-witnessing.jpg (578x960, 107K)

Is this not a superior system, judging by actions instead of faith? It seems like people who never knew of Christ are fortunate to be judged by their merit instead of faith.

in one verse if I recall, states that all will know of Christ when judgement arrives, which would mean, possibly, that when the dead waken from their slumber, the nature of god will be shown to them, at that point its their choice, to either walk away from salvation or accept it of their own volition

does that help at all?

It seems then that one does not need to be a Christian in life for salvation

well the fact that you accept christ as king at all is what makes you a Christian, its more of " I never got the chance to be Christian while I was alive, so christ will show me the way and teach me after death" but I see the point you're getting at

>James 2:26 - Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

>James 2:22 -You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected

>James 2:24 YOU see that a man is to be declared righteous by works, and not by faith alone.

>Romans 2:13 - For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous.

>James 1:22 - However, become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.

>(James 2:19) You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder.

>(Matthew 8:29) And, look! they screamed, saying: “What have we to do with you, Son of God? Did you come here to torment us before the appointed time?”

Abraham "wasn't considered right" before God. He was already counted as righteous but his faith in God was perfected by his deeds. It is DEMONSTRATIONS and DEEDS of faith that strengthen and perfect your faith. Same as how you BELIEVE that hitting the gym is salvation to the body but if you don't DEMONSTRATE and don't PRACTICE that belief it is nothing. You will be weak in body. Your faith without demonstrations and practice will be weakened in times of tribulation and confrontation. Look at the demons up above. They believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that faith in him saves. Yet why are they still counted as demons? Because their works are anti-Christ while believe IN Christ.

"Works" in the Bible is not charity. It is demonstrations or proof of genuine faith or actions motivated by faith. Not good deeds of charity otherwise Ellen Degenerate would be saved by her good deeds.

what im saying is
>"one does not need to be a Christian in life for salvation"

is the wrong term its more like

>"one does not need to be alive to get the chance to become a christian if he's never heard the gospel in life"

If a "Christian" is only Christian just for rewards than he/she is no Christian at all. You are turning God into a Santa Clause. There are REQUIRMENTS that the resurrected will have to go through. All the same requirements that TRUE Christians go through now they will go through in the next system. Only for them it will be easier since no Satan, demons, and evil humans will exist in it. They will also be physically, mentally, and emotionally perfect. So their process will be quick and no excuse will be given to them for "falling".

In fact, it will be harder for them because right now when WE sin, fall away, then come back we are forgiven with the blood of Christ. However, THEY will not be forgiven because they will have no excuse. For them it will be a binary decision on whether they live or die. No consideration of personal circumstances.

please read the post directly above this one for context. and also, calm down man, have some tea

>Wherever 3 or more are gathered together in my name, there I am with them
You don't need some dude in funky robes with disconnected rituals and "mysteries" to worship. Gather with your friends, read the Bible and go out and be a positive influence in your community. This is what the Church should be.

Attached: angelOfTheLord.jpg (640x695, 44K)

>If a "Christian" is only Christian just for rewards than he/she is no Christian at all. You are turning God into a Santa Clause.
What tf happened to "ask and ye shall receive? It was always designed to peddle to the lowest common denominator.

>Leave Your Past Behind & Join Us

TRANSLATION:
>Abandon White Culture & Worship A Jew

No thanks, race traitor!

im sorry whos the one making it about race? oh right! you

>What tf happened to "ask and ye shall receive? It was always designed to peddle to the lowest common denominator.

Then you shall receive. HOWEVER, after receiving then comes KEEPING FOR LIFE!! That's the hard part. There are requirements!

>Accurate Knowledge John 17:3; 1Timothy 2:3, 4; Colossians 1:9, 10.(Philippians 1:9) (Ephesians 4:13) (1 Timothy 6:20) (2 Peter 3:18)

>Baptism (1Peter 3:21) (Acts 18:8)

>Belief in Jesus Christ Acts 16:30-32

>Calling on Jehovah's name (Romans 10:13, 14) (Joel 2:32) (Zephaniah 3:9) (Acts 2:21)

>Endurance Matthew 24:13.

>faith and works James 2:26 James 2:22 James 2:24 Romans 2:13 James 1:22 (James 2:19

>faith in Jesus sacrifice(Joh 3:16; Ro 8:32; 1Jo 3:16)(Ro 3:21-26) (Ac 4:12) Heb 10:26-31.

>public declaration Matt. 28:19. (Acts 14:21)(Acts 1:8)(Acts 20:20)(Acts 5:42)

>repentance (Ac 26:20; Mt 3:8) Hebrews 6:1,2 Ac 3:19

A few more details in between there but that is the most of it. All while the devil persecutes you, bribes you, seduces you, and ridicules you.

Too much. I don't like it. I'm dropping out.

yourblackworld.net/2017/03/24/vatican-in-shock-as-1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-wasnt-crucified

I need prayer. I gave into a certain sin of mine. I need help

Friendly reminder to atheists and neo bagans calling Christianity jewish.

"The Jews are the most worthless of all men. They are lecherous, greedy, rapacious. They are perfidious murderers of Christ. They worship the Devil. Their religion is a sickness. The Jews are the odious assassins of Christ and for killing God there is no expiation possible, no indulgence or pardon. Christians may never cease vengeance, and the Jew must live in servitude forever. God always hated the Jews. It is essential that all Christians hate them." - Saint John Chrysotom

Attached: 1St.-John-Chrysostom--778x1024.jpg (778x1024, 119K)

ok, first things first, you use single piece of text surrounded by other text written in the same time period if not sooner, not only that but roman census and accounts recording criminal matter contradict your claim with the source you've just used. I have evidence. you have a strawman, gtfo

I've been working with a family lately who are all very devout Catholics, and are part of the reason that I've started to attend Mass and begin reading the Bible. We've talked at length, and I've been and still am somewhat of a skeptic, but I envy their surety and sense of purpose. I have been an edgy atheist for ages, but it hasn't brought me satisfaction in life so I decided to give church a try. It has been nice, the month or so that I've gone to Mass.

However, before I went to Saturday Mass last evening, I noticed that they left a package for me. In it was a crucifix for my wall, and a letter signed by the entire family (even young child scribbles) stating that a prayer of intention would be said at a local monastery for me, along with mentioning their own prayers.

I can't explain how much that hit me in the feels. Ironic that I have books signed by Richard Dawkins. Yet, I feel that I've found my home in faith.

please pray for me, my despair is out of control and I am sinning and blaspheming against God

thanks in advance bros

>roman census and accounts recording criminal matter contradict your claim
Let's see them

Attached: 9e3da18c06f2d6d459d1eba4632343fd1d9e0773e3fff0b718e54c150a6f1cab.jpg (1200x900, 510K)

You're basically me, user. I too was a fedora tipper, but what opened my eyes was the realization that atheism is really just another weapon used against our people. It's got nothing to do with science or facts, that's just a facade that these people hide behind.

>that cuckstainality is really just another weapon used against our people

>I have books signed by Richard Dawkins

Attached: 1528977775522.jpg (501x504, 45K)

Just realise thats the beggining. Atheist's, agnostics, and other unrepentant can NEVER understand the feeling one of the faithful has.
Then of course there are those are given Faith charismas, now THOSE people know how to never doubt!

Whats the matter bro? need to talk about it?

Attached: 1509592986006.jpg (750x893, 180K)

the first I know of off the top of my head are Tacitus and Josephus, there are more however who account for the life death and resurrection of jesus

here's more info on it

youtube.com/watch?v=qIdCRanZZyw

No, thank you though, I have some good online friends that are Christian and they help me a lot. Please say a prayer for them too, as they are being endlessly patient and observing the laws of our Lord, and their kindness is helping me through some very hard times.

They are DV, RM, and RR.

May God bless you for your simple kindness too.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.