Really makes you think

Really makes you think

Attached: F693C951-D4C3-477B-B94A-5A384BE0EC29.jpg (960x588, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5wz_0utCrm0
youtube.com/watch?v=s8VOM8ET1WU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

heehoo party switched n shit nigga

When exactly did it "switch"?

das right

Detroit be da black promised land yo.

Wait, did republicans not believe in smaller government and less government interference back then?

It never switched, Democrats nowadays just hate everything and everyone including themselves. Just look at the toxicity they hurl towards "evil white males" and the zero-tolerance they have for anyone brown when they commit a thought crime by wandering off the democratic plantation.

False. Race war has always been in the Democrat playbook.
>Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders.

Somewhere right before ww2

Woodrow Wilson

Yeah, the republicans used to be liberals and the democrats used to be conservatives.

Sounds about right. Hate that fucker

When LBJ remade the nigger plantation wif dem prograymz

afaik he was the first Democrat who was a globalist shill. I could be wrong though.
Possibly the only thing Glenn Beck did right was call Wilson out.

Then why did the democrats unanimously oppose the civil rights act and blasting niggers with fire hoses in the 60's?

The only switch that happened was LBJ getting blacks to vote Dem instead of Repub with gibs

What did you mean exactly?

Point well taken.
Wilson turned them from an introspective party in to one worried about the rest of the world and globalism though.

Yes, Wilson was a garbage president. He also re-segregated the Military because he hated blacks, like all democrats

He was in charge when women got the right to vote, began most of the gibs systems and threw us at Europe to kill people and ending our tradition of generally staying the fuck out of other people's wars. Also league of nations and plenty of monetary changes. Everything he set up FDR codified into the nightmare we live today

Wow, something to actually like about him.
That's about right.

duuur both parties agreed to switch platforms u big dum lolololol

Southern Democrats (Strom Thurmond and such) opposed the Civil Rights Act, but Northern Democrats almost unanimously supported it. This was pretty much the turning point for the Democrats becoming pro-civil rights, with some Southern Democrats including Thurmond switching to the Republican Party.

makes me think how odd it is that the ideologies of both parties flipped so completely. The "party of Lincoln" most certainly don't have an R next to their name, unless you want to pretend it's the Democrats clinging like sperglords to Confederate flags and statues and claiming the South is their heritage.

they still don't

He was the only one. The Republicans didn't start winning the south until the 90's. The party switch is a myth invented by democrats to hide their history of racism, but it's complete bullshit

cope

youtu.be/5wz_0utCrm0

The Republicans won most Southern states in every election after 1964 except '76. Even if you ignore '72 and '84 because the Republicans also won basically every other state (lol McGovern and Mondale), what election are you looking at where D's kept the south?

In Statewide elections Texas was blue and California was red until the '80s.

That's right, growing up I constantly heard about "dixiecrats" which were basically salty racist democrats that Reagan finally cracked and when they went republican in the 90s demoshits started outlawing the Confederate flag and acting like republicans were always the racist south.

I mean fuck Bill Clinton was elected in 1992 to counter it and he was a democratic hillbilly from Arkansas. At that time democrats still wanted their good ol' boys.

Congressional elections. South didn't start going red majority until 1980 and only started staying red until the 90's. Presidential is never a good indicator of party since it's a popularity contest. Congressional elections are a better indicator of ideology.

So are you saying the party switch is "complete bullshit" and a myth or that it happened in the 90's instead of the '60s? Can't have both. I'm not even arguing that Democrats aren't racist because that'd be ridiculously false, but it's also bullshit to pretend both parties' ideologies didn't change and there wasn't at least a partial switch.

Congressonal and local*

Good try. Read a book or (since I'm a nice guy) watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=s8VOM8ET1WU

That's fair, but then you're still acknowledging that the parties did switch, just not when people said they do. Also, congressional elections would allow two different types of Democratic parties to exist, with northern Democrats voting for pro-civil rights congressmen and Dixiecrats voting for anti-civil rights congressmen.

black government employees are just an accounting trick to fake unemployment numbers.

There are 50 states and they are all different. Example: democrats still love guns in Florida. (except (((south Florida))) apparently)

That's a good example too. They passed a law to increase the age to buy a gun in Florida due to south Florida. Is Florida liberal all of a sudden no. Is it changing? Maybe. Does restrictive gun regulation mean you like fags? Not in the real world.

The parties never switched. Just because republicans don't want to hand out welfare doesn't mean they hate blacks. The only thing that changed was the Dems realized they were never going to win another election, so they hid their klan hoods and became the party of gibs to enslave blacks in the democrat voting plantation.

Fucking Robert Byrd was a klan grand dragon wizard or whatever they fuck they were called and he was a Dem senator until 2010!

The "party switch" is just a cover made up by the dems to hide their racism. They get away with it because 90% of the media is in their corner.

No, I agree that the parties switched core ideologies.

>Vox

Attached: 1464963313095.png (328x218, 96K)

>Vox

A very small number of politicians switching does not mean the parties switched. The Republican politicians in the South were overwhelmingly Southern Republicans who managed to start winning elections once Democrats abandoned their Southern wing.

Do they? I live in South Florida (unfortunately) and pretty much everyone here except Cubans is an anti-gun Democrat, but when I go up north it's all (aside from UF/FSU) rural ultra-Republicans who I assume support gun rights. A disappointing amount of people agree with the entirety of their party's ideology, and the fact of the matter is the Democrats appeal to minorities whereas the Republicans used to. Whether you think that switch happened in the '60s or the '90s, you can't pretend it didn't.

>When exactly did it "switch"?
when LBJ tricked the blacks into voting for the KKK with handouts

So then how do you respond to ?
Point me to Democrats that fly Confederate flags. How did the party of Lincoln end up supporting Lincoln's greatest enemy without there being a switch?

Where is the heritage of Southerners? Do they just have none?

And to tie up the "conservative" vs liberal aspect of everything it goes back to FDR. 3 terms, big governmental expansion and a democrat. Regardless of it being necessary or not, the opposition had to bitch about something so big government became the republicans thing. It swayed people in the south because you guessed it NORTHERN AGGRESSION! Which yes I was taught in the south and yes in the south that means big government and government overreach.

(This is why foreigners are baffled and disarmed when trying to troll the civil war topic)

what the fuck are you talking about, Wilson was a literal klansman who re-segregated the federal government and wrecked 40 years of Republican-led enlightenment of colored americans

He was also a globalist and was hell bent on involving us in WW1 and helped to create the League of Nations.

Things change over time man and if you do live in Florida then you know that outside of Dade county there ain't fuckin nothin and central Florida is purple as fuck and not "rural" its purple because they're right leaning democrats. The rest of Florida isn't ocala lmao

The Democrats named their cacus wing of the Capitol building after a fucking Klansman

That's a hell of a lot more damning than some hillbilly cousin fucker flying a confed flag and pulling the lever for republicans

Florida would be very blue without the panhandle.

What does it make you think?

During the really 1900s when both parties started becoming like themselves.
I feel like the people who say "When did the switch happen" are playing dumb on purpose. There is no way no one can that the North being Republican and the South being Democratic during and before the civil war isn't the complete opposite of how it is today.

Never. Democrats are the real racists.

It's still mostly Democrats that fly Confederate flags, but Republicans are the ones defending free speech as they always have.

No, they don't believe in it now either.

>It's still mostly Democrats that fly Confederate flags
Source? Because I'm pretty sure you're pulling that out of your ass.

Does it not count for some reason? A state is a state.

We don't divide north and south anymore, we divide rural vs urban. It's really apples/oranges. There is still one party practicing southern paternalism and the bigotry of low expectations from the civil war, and it's not republicans.

The ugly truth of today

I didn't say that, I'm just agreeing that south and central florida is very very blue and balanced out by the gulf coast in the panhandle.

very well said. I think rural Texas and rural Pennsylvania are of a mind and Dallas and Philadelphia are as well.

I'm only saying it anecdotally but it's probably true. There are still a lot of "Archie Bunker" style Democrats. Also I'm pretty sure Archie Bunker was when the perceptions of Democrats and Republicans started to get messed up. Everybody who knew anybody like Archie Bunker would recognize him as a Democrat but on the show he was inexplicably a Republican.

Politics and culture are not the same, however.
The south is a damn different place from New England, Cali and the Midwest

Not that simple. Historically, there were no liberal or conservative parties. There were liberals and conservatives in both parties. There have been brief periods when one party was briefly dominated by one or the other. The current era of conservative Republicans and liberal Democrats started in the 90s with Newt Gingrich and conservative talk radio who essentially ran out all the liberal Republicans.

Orange country is very blue, and they can go fuck themselves. Central Florida is big

Yet Orange County California is very red.
I'd say that someone in rural NY would feel much more at home in rural TX than in NYC.

It wasn't unanimous at all. LBJ lead the way on the civil rights bills but more Republicans than Democrats voted on them.

Didn't the Democrats just switch to the welfare route because it was easier than active discrimination to keep them in line?

Attached: 1507186610620.png (498x508, 239K)

>Wilson was a literal klansman
No he wasn't. He was a white supremacist and segregationist but he thought blind racism was unenlightened.

Are you retarded? Sure he was against blind racism. He was well versed on the nigger problem though. What are you saying

Wilson was a fucking trainwreck, but I like those numbers.

Call me a retard then agree with me? What are you saying?

PS Checked.

The dems tried to filibuster the Civil Rights Act. To this day they have yet to abandon their slave owner mentalitiy.
>without slaves/illegals who will work the fields? Americans don't want those jobs.
>without masters/democrats blacks can't make it on their own, they need us!
Dems are the same racists they were in 1860, they just have better marketing now

>A bunch of old jews lording over the plantation
The Democrats

Wilson screened KKK films in the White House. All prominent Dems back then were connected to the klan. The klan was to democrats then what public sector unions are to dems now

Boomer memes are gross

There's no evidence that Wilson ever screened Birth of a Nation or that the quote attributed to him about it is true. The only quote he ever made about it on record is that it was an "unfortunate production" and he "wished its production would be stopped." Wilson had made it clear that he despised vigilante justice or violence against blacks so that would put him at odds with the KKK.

The Dixiecrats did literally nothing wrong. They were looking out for the interests of their majority populations. This "Dems r the real racists" shit bothers me because it implies those dems were WRONG to oppose the civil rights act, desegregation, etc. Actually, back then, the Republicans and northern Democrats were wrong on those issues.

Finally, someone with a nuanced answer.