The "Grateful Dead" was an MKULTRA pysop

The "Grateful Dead" has always been more a of a brand, than a band. They were the center of a bizarre cult following that revolved around the peddling of drugs. Yet there is much more to the story.

Despite being a "rock group", The Grateful Dead were not popular for their music; even their most popular album has only sold 2 million copies in the past 40 years. They were also not even real musicians, as you might note from the unmistakably poor nature and non-musical quality of their so-called "music" (which explains the remarkably poor sales figures for such a supposedly popular band).

The members themselves are employees of the military and other government agencies. The Grateful Dead project was a means of initiating a MKULTRA psyop used by the CIA and FBI (backed by the Democrat party) to push LSD-25 on to millions and reprogram their minds. This helped create a submissive and benign protest movement as well as subliminally creating a new generation of spineless Democrat voters. Further brainwashing used hidden messages in lyrics that would implant themselves deep in the subconscious of individuals when experienced in conjunction with LSD.

The project expanded in scope and by the 1980s, they were pushed through mass media channels onto mainstream audiences in order to subvert a new generation of youth. Additionally, these concerts were the home of not just testing grounds for LSD and other mind control chemical weapons, but intentional government-funded open air drug markets that could then be raided in police drug busts. These busts were purposely highly publicized in the media and meant to be used as scare tactic for older conservative voters to support the expansion of the government's war on drugs (which was/is itself a psyop for further reduction of individual liberties).

The "Grateful Dead" project is arguably a major influence on the mass degeneration of American society, culture, values, and civil liberties in the past 50 years.

Attached: deadcia.png (308x271, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0UMENa_IAg
youtu.be/qrwJVaE5ugc
youtu.be/zO-JEcuHrU4
youtu.be/8YSTeJOxiaw
youtu.be/b9SKxL9CnW0
youtube.com/watch?v=xw3xPUCWLxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yn4nQCPYN_A
youtube.com/watch?v=jGmg_PALJXs
youtube.com/watch?v=ldiZ1pNA7us
youtube.com/watch?v=vl0-f1Vt6aE
youtube.com/watch?v=HA8F3JNxK1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You've been watching too much Michael E. Jones.... keep it up!!

Good job user, you're a faggot.

Are you suggesting that LSD is evil?

Or simply that the CIA was using GF to push LSD, and their music as a means to reprogram those who were high?

>They were also not even real musicians
You're one ignorant motherfucker. If I had a shotgun I'd blow you straight to hell

The Greatful Dead is MKULTRA because The Greatful Dead is one of those well documented incidents of certainty. When a police officer catches a criminal it is not because he caught him the first time he ever committed a crime. Now take into account how much media and culture arises from the financial industry in New York and LA. Eventually you will see common patterns that become popular culture.

Attached: 4C52AA36-4A3F-46B8-BD69-D20CDA85FD1A.jpg (1024x453, 134K)

And the stupid peasants fell for it.

And the stupid peasants suffer for not knowing better.

Ignorance is most contemptible in the eyes of the highest.

Attached: IMG_3841.jpg (300x300, 97K)

They might be government. They might be from the occult. There's no real difference in terms of the end goal so either is possible.

beyond dumb. really hoping you just hit copy-paste on this post.

Garcia taught banjo and lesh played trumpet, they were musicians before the dead

also their success isn't measured by album sales, rather ticket sales. they've arguably sold more tickets than any band ever.

and you can listen to hundreds of live shows from the late 60s... they were clearly a real band, with talent, that may or may not suit you.

they're also very open about their drug use. which helps explain some of their music. but they never really broke mainstream, even in the 80s as you allege. they had one radio hit ever, touch of grey, and that's far less a a psyop than it isnfinally getting a sound and publicity right for one song to get radio play after over a decade of a hundred shows a year.

sage all retardation

All of them to end Christianity:
FLOWER POWER HAIGHT ASHBURY.
EVERYTHING REVOLVE AROUND THAT...
Roman Polanski, Beatles, Charles Manson, Californian Satanists, Merry Pranksters, ...
And on and on and on.

You have literally no idea what the occult is.

Attached: IMG_0195.jpg (200x359, 130K)

>The Greatful Dead is MKULTRA because The Greatful Dead is one of those well documented incidents of certainty. When a police officer catches a criminal it is not because he caught him the first time he ever committed a crime. Now take into account how much media and culture arises from the financial industry in New York and LA. Eventually you will see common patterns that become popular culture.

Wasn't Courtney Love's father also the tour manager for the Grateful Dead?

I saw one of the most brutal beatings of my life at a grateful dead camp.
One hippie was setting up a mortar firework and another hippie threw a firecracker at him and the firework guy dive rolled and was holding his head in his hands and then looks up at the guy laughing at him who threw the shit and hippie #1 got up and instantly ground pounded hippie #2 and then #1 was over top of #2 smashing him with both fists in unison like a gorilla, #2's body was fucking rippling from the hits, his face was just hamburger. It was so funny

heh... this is really awful...

Attached: IMG_1210.jpg (2141x2854, 575K)

>that Boulder show
Damn

The grateful dead are just another great example of a music inspired brainwashed youth claiming they know more then the 100s of years of history that gave them a decent life and then literally fucking it all up in under a century. While the hippy/lsd movement was making ground in the west destroying what was left of traditional values the cultural revolution chiefly inspired by the same overlords was also carrying out its action through the youth in china eradicating their own history and enslaving themselves to a jewish financed communist party.

The occult is the group that has the sacred knowledge. Because it is the real truth, someone properly initiated will be changed, they'll see the world for the first time. If that wasn't enough to get them on the team the occult is also the government and they have everyone's secrets.

Yeah. This:Also
TIMOTHY LEARY is the missing link between CIA MONARCH PROJECT and HIPPIE DRUG CULTURE

Sounds well deserverd.

Attached: ko.webm (988x548, 2.84M)

Hats off for you, Sir.
Straight to the point.

>The "Grateful Dead" was an MKULTRA pysop

let me save you some time user- popular music has been a psyop since they developed the technology to record it. The audio-visual arts were all created as a grand psyop from prior to their inception.

Attached: jerry008.jpg (396x478, 28K)

This. OP is a faggot.

>the occult is the group

Already wrong.

>the occult is the government

What you just said makes as much sense as me saying that agriculture is the government.

>being initiated into the occult

Are we talking about a priest learning Christian sacraments or a devil worshiper learning black sacraments?

I know, you're already confused.

It's a field of study dude, not a sekret club.

Attached: IMG_0175.jpg (475x356, 50K)

>Commie defending cultural degeneracy.

How's it feel to be on the ass end of history?

people didn't go to a grateful dead concert to hear the grateful dead, they went to do psychedelics. whole ecosystems of degenerates made their living selling lsd and following the grateful dead. The music was shit

That's what I'm saying. Nobody likes them for the music. They like them for the drugs. And the drugs were part of a more sinister plot.

you don't have to be in the club to learn the secrets but few get very far on their own. what is really significant is the expanding of your consciousness while under someone else's instruction. when you learn that matter is illusory, it's initially quite confusing, and the person is suggestible. all the more so if their master does have genuine knowledge that they continue to sprinkle in with their agenda.

The entire hippie movement was a CIA psyop to discredit the Anti War protestors and every entertainer that lived in Laurel Canyon back in the 60’s was on their payroll.

This.
>don't want to fight our Jew war now that all the Jews have fled from their communist wreck in Russia? You're a commie hippie get a job!

Hey Mark. Really like your rants

Thy probably used it to promote sex and degeneracy at concerts to spread “””sexual liberation””” feminism and diseases

That guy is 100% spot on. Everyone here should purchase and read this book. It's basically a government pysop manual.

Attached: 31SMku1om1L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 11K)

All those guys were pretty amazing musicians before they got drug/alcohol addled
Warren Haines is one of the most talented musicians ever
slide thread sage

I feel like you're literally just trying to sound like you know what you're talking about now that I've punctured your ego.

Fucking mundanes...

Attached: IMG_3763.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

indar?

Allmans were great too

Is that the one by Aquino?

Attached: 1448720573446.jpg (512x512, 21K)

>Despite being a "rock group", The Grateful Dead were not popular for their music; even their most popular album has only sold 2 million copies in the past 40 years. They were also not even real musicians, as you might note from the unmistakably poor nature and non-musical quality of their so-called "music" (which explains the remarkably poor sales figures for such a supposedly popular band).
this is the dumbest piece of music criticism i've read in 26 years of internetting.

youtube.com/watch?v=J0UMENa_IAg

Yep. It's very easy to read and surprisingly thorough.

There are stupid conspiracy theories and there are really stupid /pol conspiracy theories.

It may be a CIA psyop but people did appreciate them for their music. The effort put by fans into recording every single concert, distributing and commenting on the recordings should prove that. And I've listened to hundreds of them and continue to do so.

Their style is a combination of all American popular music up until their time (blues, jazz, bluegrass, country) plus the then-modern psychedelic element. I see them as one of the most essentially American bands to ever exist, and there was very little snark, irony, or nihilism in it.

5s if you're right.

It's in my to-read folder. I'll move it up the list

Attached: tumblr_mgbsd7GVLX1qeczryo1_500.png (472x346, 152K)

It's true. They suck.

oh yea, you totally got me user

Attached: 120341820349124389.gif (500x204, 438K)

Or they just had bomb ass live concerts you fucking faggot.
Records dont mean shit as far as musical talent and innovation. Records and musical sales are controlled by Jews.
youtu.be/qrwJVaE5ugc

>muh above below
>tarot cards
>reddit spacing
Armchair occultists are the worse. is thataway.

I have been remote monitored and tortured by the NSA

This. The Dead are real Americans.
youtu.be/zO-JEcuHrU4

St Stephan and Casey Jones are unironically really good songs.

t.neverhaadfunataconcertwhilesober
Fuck you faggots, I like their music and I've never even smoked weed. Oh and I also play several instruments quite well, classical, folk and rock. Youre just fucking stupid and don't appreciate real and live music. Have fun listening to fake ass studio shit for life .

but who's torturing who?

Attached: IMG_1209.jpg (2448x3264, 1012K)

>They were also not even real musicians, as you might note from the unmistakably poor nature and non-musical quality of their so-called "music"
I would fight you irl if you said this to me

They are one of the most interesting and practiced groups of improvisational musicians in the history of music. 30 years and 2300 live concerts show it. Their studio music doesn't particularly stand out because that's not their strength.

But yes there was an enormous drug cult surrounding them and they were basically the frontman for LSD nationwide. I doubt the government had anything to do with it's creation but I'd be surprised if they didn't follow and herd the migrations closely.

not real musicians?

youtu.be/8YSTeJOxiaw

youtu.be/b9SKxL9CnW0

This. Either these niggers have trolled me epically or they are beyond fucking retarded schizos.

Posting my favorite version of Scarlet -> Fire

youtube.com/watch?v=xw3xPUCWLxQ

Attached: 1231.jpg (546x422, 47K)

disgusting boomer rock. fuck off.

Holy fuck that album cover. Hole E phuck dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=yn4nQCPYN_A

There's been a lot of talk lately about the legendary fake show on 5/8/77. I've kept my silence on the subject for 22 years ... now it's finally time to come clean on the whole subject.

The whole idea began back in late 1969/early 1970. The Department of Defense and the CIA were very disappointed by the way the Vietnam War was progressing. Not only were we losing but, more importantly, the US public did not approve of the war and, worse yet, weren't believing everything the military said about what was happening. This was an unprecedented event. Every other recent war was viewed positively by the public ... or at least with apathy in the case of Korea. Something had to be done. They decided to take a page from the Soviets and experiment with mind control. Together with Disney and a fledgling computer company called Microsoft, they set out to prove that brainwashing could really work on the very people who opposed
them: the hippies.

It isn't widely known but Cornell was actually the second test of these mind control procedures. The first occurred in mid-1975 and was a dismal failure. 2 major mistakes were made. First, they picked the one time that the Dead were not touring. This created all sorts of problems with the subject audience. The more serious mistake was in not updating the criteria of the experiment. Due to typical government inefficiency, they used the 1969 version of the Dead that was playing when the program was conceived. The sudden appearance of Pigpen, who had died 2 years earlier, literally blew the minds of those in attendance. 6 months were spent erasing all traces of the "show" and carefully rebuilding as much of their minds as possible. The
subjects were eventually released and most of them became evangelists, their only lingering memory of the whole experiment being an unshakeable belief that they'd witnessed a true miracle.

>when you can't learn a lesson because you have to have bigger balls then people who know more then you

God I hold your kind in such absolute contempt.

Such pride will be the death of you.

Attached: IMG_0581.png (640x1136, 1.1M)

Sit down kid. I'm almost 22.

Attached: 1530547960311.jpg (700x350, 78K)

Unfortunately, no tapes have been found from this first experiment. That's a real shame because the version of Dark Star->St Stephen->Eleven->Lovelight used was supposedly the best ever. After a few drinks, the original scientists still speak in awe about the music heard that day.

By Nov 1977, everyone was ready for the second test. This time, they learned from their mistakes. A small group of college students were hired to attend shows from 1976 through 1977. Our job was to collect tapes of the Dead's performances, select which tunes to use, and to
help identify subjects for the upcoming experiment. The location and date were chosen with equal care. It was a off-day during the tour and the location close enough to the real concerts to be believed. Of more
importance was the late snowfall that day. That unusual and easily confirmed event provided the glue that would hold the implanted memories together. Even now 22 years later, people "remembering" that concert use almost identical words to describe leaving the show.

Overall, the experiment was a great success. Of course, some people were given slightly different memories. Some, like Teddy Goodbear, "remember" taping the show and were even provided "Audience" tapes to further cement the hoax. Still others remember getting "horribly smashed" up front. None of this actually occurred.

A week after the "concert" experiment, a 2nd test was done on the town of Cornell itself. In order to perfect this hoax, the town itself must also be convinced that the concert took place. Disney had acquired owner- ship of all the local TV and radio stations through dummy corporations. Using special chips developed by Microsoft, they played sublimbminal messages to every man, woman and child in a 100 mile radius of Barton Hall. For the most part, this programming still holds today although some people did prove resistant to the message.

As far as the source of the music, for the most part the list posted by "brew ziggins" is correct. The only mystery remaining is the Scarlet-> Fire. That was actually performed by the Dead specifically for this experiment. Since Jerry worked for the CIA, it was easy to convince him and the rest of the band to go along. Plus he liked the idea of "pranking" a large group of people like this. The fabled 2/6/77 "take a step back" rehearsal tape is also from material taped for these experiments.

The soundboard tapes in circulation were leaked by Betty O'Connell who
edited the original tapes. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not, but they were leaked at about the same time as the tapes recorded by Betty Cantor were found. In any event, they became part of the so-called "Betty Boards". Leaking these tapes also provided the first cracks in the hoax to appear since the tapes were distributed to people who were not in the experiment and who knew that no show was performed that day. It was necessary to obtain their silence through blackmail, bribery and in extreme cases, mind control itself. That's also how this "show" came to be listed in all the popular Dead show guides like DeadBase.

So what's happened to these mind control techniques used in this experiment? Microsoft has used this power to become one of the biggest, most influential companies in history. They sure didn't become that big by providing quality products. It was used to shape public reaction to the Gulf War. It's also clear that George Bush never understood the full power of these methods. . There are also indications that this technology might explain the otherwise unbelievable popularity of rap music.

Wikipedia is not for original research.
Downvoted and edit war has commenced.

what lesson do you want to teach me?

Attached: 192348912384123.gif (500x270, 499K)

Nothing triggers me more then when I'm accused of reddit spacing.

I don't know what fucking reddit spacing is, I'm correctly separating my fucking text dipshit.

As for armchair occultism, that's an assumption you've made.

I selected the above image just to further reinforce that assumption.

Attached: IMG_2325.jpg (236x236, 21K)

Goddamnit I just want to fucking kill them with a fucking Boulder. I want to drive large needles under their kneecaps and wrench them upwards slowly. Maybe drive a few wood screws into their urethras. I want to infect them with a virus that has not been developed yet, but would target only the nervous system to give them chronic pain flaming fucking pain and then slow cognitive decline. Niggers and jews. Leave us alone.

>the cornell shows of '77 were so legendary that they've become a coral reef of myth

youtube.com/watch?v=jGmg_PALJXs

Attached: 1232.jpg (800x1000, 128K)

nobody gonna ask what this image means?

Ok I won't tell you its the sunset on the last day the Dead ever played on their fare Thee Well run in Chicago where btw they played their last show with jerry as the Grateful Dead on my birthday. I took it on the way to a local theatre to watch the live simulcast here in NH.

saw my first show in Boston in March 1981 last the show released as A Ticket to New Year to which a rep of the band gave me a Ticket in the parking lot;

youtube.com/watch?v=ldiZ1pNA7us

we just wanted to dance ,man and forget about the grief in the world.. if that's a "psy-op" then we did it up right.

Attached: Grateful_Dead_Park_West_Utah_1983.jpg (704x451, 253K)

Idk read back through my posts titan nuts.

Since you're being such a pillock I'll let you figure shit out on your own.

I hope you fucking fail. Genuinely.

Attached: IMG_3052.jpg (200x264, 28K)

At minimum they were the lsd distribution network. One thing is for sure, they had to have a purpose other than music, because the music was absolute dogshit. I've never understood how anyone like their shit. Early 80s Zappa is easier to listen to.

Is it true Touch of Grey ruined everything?

They're only in your head in the end mate. You can just walk away, you can just shut them out. Turn off the TV, as a wise man once said "nigga just close yo eyes nigga".

Attached: IMG_3046.jpg (461x600, 42K)

There were two sides to the 60s movement, even if you still want to say the whole thing was orchestrated. There was the new leftist and precursor to deconstructionist stuff, the nihilism. But the popular form of the hippie movement wasn't really left wing. It was naturalistic and spiritual and anti-modern, which are right wing.

The left was able to do a trick whereby they popularized criticisms of modernity, but then they didn't let us implement the obvious solutions (more natural living, etc, folk music) or they diverted those sentiments after allowing them to be used as weapons against the established culture, and instead told us we needed solutions that were even more hyper modern (post-modernist).

alright, bit disappointing, maybe you're lacking in gnosis but I hope it comes to you

Attached: 1923847912431.gif (500x500, 498K)

Really makes you think

Pink Floyd's top 5 all over 100 million btw

This "band" clearly not about the music

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-023725.jpg (978x978, 83K)

You sir are completely woke.

Look into a guy named Varg Vilkernes if you haven't heard of him already. Take what he says with a grain of salt, but since you know this much, you should understand quickly what he's all about.

Attached: IMG_2542.jpg (400x226, 111K)

If the Grateful Dead is a CIA psyop then it's the most positive psyop they've ever done.

I wonder what it'd look like if you added all 400 versions of Friend of the Devil together

ya mean kinda like Grayfolded?

youtube.com/watch?v=vl0-f1Vt6aE

I did something like this with playin in the band.. I started with one and at the end of the jam segment spliced in another jam segment from another show and so on .. so far I have it at about 2:30 mins .. then tagged on the finale. Great for long drives..

Yeah, you're a fucking idiot,
Most grateful dead listeners use Archive.org or Nugs.net
This is just the normies who hear about the band listen to one song.

This spooks me. I was raised on this shit. My dad's way into the Grateful Dead stuff. Not just the branding-which he has all over-but the music, too.
I know The Dead concerts had tons of acid. I didn't know it was LSD-25. You could follow the flow of acid through the country in the 90s by looking at the Dead's concert schedule. I know my dad was way into this stuff and must have done a ton of acid just based off his stories. Apparently they used to headline as The Warlocks when they wanted to have a more private gig.
Anyway, my dad's a hippie lefty. I was raised on that, too. Obama, Michael Moore, Mother Jones, Occupy (I was part of it), free love, protesting nuclear sites, the word "subversive" used positively, all of it. I was raised to be a little radical, on purpose. Somehow I wound up here, but I still thought the Dead were cool. Now you're saying they were a PSYOP and it actually makes sense.
That's literally the music I was raised on. Please don't ruin this for me, too, Jow Forums.

Attached: 1531071798025.png (420x420, 263K)

>archive.org
I remember spending hours as a teenager downloading shows on dial up from there

this. Spotify only has a limited Dead catalog. It doesn't even have all of the officially released live albums much less the bootlegs.

If you had the choice of listening to any music you wanted, would you listen to any Grateful Dead song? I know I wouldn't. Also, why weren't there mass arrests for LSD if it was so obvious distributors were just roaming with the band? They barely arrested anyone.

Its not a psyop just a convenient and consistent way to have a place to meet for large-scale drug trade, the fans made it that, not the band, hence 'Shakedown Street'.

does this sound like a CIA psyop?

youtube.com/watch?v=HA8F3JNxK1c

This bizarre idea may stem from the fact that Robert Hunter the Dead's main lyricist participated in CIA sponsored LSD trials at Stanford as did Ken Kesey

Do you have the 45 minute version in there?

no just have it on a HDD.. I used a few snippets from the official Europe '72 release from a few years ago and it would probably get flagged in I put it on jewtube.

Attached: 1531635928844.png (1412x1206, 798K)

> The Grateful Dead were not popular for their music; even their most popular album has only sold 2 million copies in the past 40 years.
> They were also not even real musicians, as you might note from the unmistakably poor nature and non-musical quality of their so-called "music" (which explains the remarkably poor sales figures for such a supposedly popular band).

Makes perfect sense, everyone knows that only music with high sales figures is (((high quality)))

sage retard threads

how to mitigate

Attached: 1531635863201.jpg (1133x1766, 1.96M)

go on

I like Burzum. It's a nice combination of black metal and goth. Comparing Burzum and the Dead, dude you're a fucking retarded.

Attached: 1529576846906.png (466x510, 284K)

Everyone is raised on poison so when they find the cure they can distinguish a difference. If you really want a mindfuck study philosophy, learn the symbols and allegories, then you'll see it pretty much everywhere and in everything.

Attached: 1092349122949.gif (500x284, 1019K)

I mean, I REALLY liked Aoxomoxoa when I was on acid, and I have a particular attachment to a few songs just because my dad played them.
But no, it's not really my taste. The shit I like inherently is way different.
And the way I heard it, cops back then were cool if you just told the truth and didn't start shit and would even let you keep your drugs sometimes. Which I basically believe, because the cops have never given me shit over weed or psychs.

I thought I was at blackpill already, but now you guys make me creeped out by something nostalgic and close to me. This is visceral.

Is Burning Man the same thing?

Nice. I checked recently.

I've got over 3,000 officially released GD tracks and another 4,000 in bootleg form.

With this new set coming out, that's another 180 official ones coming into my collection