Why is it so overpriced, Jow Forums?

Why is it so overpriced, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1531664373-20180715.png (684x799, 328K)

>tfw the only thing you're paying for in a university is a single professor

Attached: 1530412523522.png (800x600, 159K)

greater and greater administration fees brought on by greater and greater administration burdens catering to the lawsuit-happy generation of parents who look back fondly on the exact same shit they would sue the school for not preventing

dam its like this web cartoonist is not an authority on post-secondary education for some reason.

when the government is subsidizing everyone so that the college can charge you even more

Universities have become more and more left wing. The SJW agenda has clearly taken over postsecondary education institutions in this era. Ergo, the greed that has led to the current tuition rates comes from... The left itself. This is literally greedy leftists stealing from leftists.

>create culture where college is considered a necessity with the GI bill
>demand for college skyrockets
>change laws so that student loans can't be defaulted on, meaning that colleges can accept nearly anyone and still get paid
>colleges are now free to raise prices to whatever they want because your average dumbfuck doesn't understand the concept of debt and students loans are risk free in investors eyes

Artificially infinite demand

That's the labor theory of value for you.
The biggest problem with universities is sports programs. Sports should not be allowed in schools, they're a drain on the institution and only serve to bring in niggers and crime.

is he ok?!?!

The perception that a middle-class life is impossible to attain without a bachelor's, and that an upper-middle class life is very difficult to attain without a graduate degree. Add to this the influx of wealthy Chinese students whose parents will shell out practically anything to have their kid educated at an American university driving up tuition. Basically they have you by the balls and they know it.

It's always been a racket. I've been arguing that my whole life.

Legitimately the worst and least funny Deflated Brain Wojak I've ever seen. Was this made by a Boomer? Because it totally misses the theme of the meme.

based snake bro with the facts.

Normally, yes, but its actually illegal for tuition funds to go towards sports programs in the US. They must pay for themselves and at no point can the university use tuition to fund any part of a sports program. Granted, this is the US we're talking about. I'm sure there are several loopholes that have long since been identified and exploited.

Attached: progressive sports.jpg (643x398, 62K)

Markets do not work like that. If there is extraordinary profits in a certain business, normally capital should flow to that business.

Notice the word "private".

I don't really care to much to answer WHY college is expensive, but I can offer a solution. My advice would be to privatize

1) decrease child labor laws
2) sell off public elementary, middle, and high schools, and colleges to the highest bidder; decrease taxes because people aren't paying for public school anymore
3) remove the law saying children have to stay in school until 18
4) abolish FAFSA and let private banks finance students without dough.

>Average annual salary of an associate professor: $69,911
Even assuming there are three semesters that is only $51,000 a year @ $17,000 per semester.

It's overpriced because you keep admitting morons with useless majors. I'll never forget walking down the hall, seeing the fashion design kids gluing CDs to mannequins as part of their final project.

That's why adjuncts are hired.
Associate professor is usually someone who teaches 5 courses per year (2 in one semester, 3 in the other), and is expected to conduct research and publish. They're also on various committees and have duties in the department. For example in a small department they'll choose one prof. to be the undergrad adviser.

Adjuncts are like independent contractors who are brought in to teach one class for $3k. That's it. Any research they do is on their own and they had better get cracking because if you adjunct without publishing you're going to be unemployable.

As you can see, it's cheaper to load up on adjuncts than associate professors. But comic is inaccurate because 3k won't buy a full time adjunct. It will buy approximately 6-9 hours of an adjunct's time per week. 3 hrs of class time and between 3 and 6 hours of prep and grading.

It's overpriced because people can borrow money to pay for it.

>a couple of tutors
>building access
>a handful of staff
>a handful of higher-ups to direct the tutors
>equipment
>a bit of profit added on top
>all of the above split between a bunch of students
Unless I'm missing something that should all round up to being pretty cheap because you're spreading the cost over so many people. The only thing you're really paying for is the slip of paper at the end.

That pic's a joke but it's not impossible.
Pic related is a tranny allowed to play in the female rugby league.

Attached: female rugby player.jpg (1280x853, 188K)