has Jow Forums watched any of this?

Attached: vietnam.jpg (1920x1080, 887K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DNfBdzpG6L4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes its essential watching imo

its great. basically confirms johnson was a retard

agreed, truly eye opening

I was long waiting exactly for these since my knowledge about Vietnam war, was rather poor. I still need to read more, but the these is so great. Unfortunately the world war 2 piece is just to sad for me.

I started and then stopped for the civil war one. Then I quit watching that too. Ken burns is legit tho

VIETFUCKINGSHITS

>film
You don't learn about anything about a complex war that stretched an entire decade in 90 minutes

The Great War is the weakest Ken Burns war documentary. I personally still think The Civil War is the finest documentary ever made. I rewatch it probably on a yearly basis.
youtube.com/watch?v=DNfBdzpG6L4

It's great 10/10. Btw Vietnam is awesome, everyone should visit.

I've read the book that was released with the series. Kind of sad how we pretty much abandoned South Vietnam to be completely overrun in a few weeks by the time Carter was in office.

First three episodes were good. Then it's nothing but muh war protestors and civil rights bullshit. Liberal journalist bullshit enshrined as truth.

I’m on episode three I believe, learning more through this then I ever did in school.

this, read a book OP you flaming faggot.

I've read the book which is about 600 pages long, and I believe the series is about 9 or 10 parts at 90 to 120 minutes each. It's quite thorough. They got a lot of interviews with North Vietnamese and VC vets so you get a lot of different perspectives.

the series is ~20 hours long you dips

Oh yes. It truly shows the cluster fuck of that war. 60 thousand Americans dead for some shitty gook island.

I watched the first 3 eps

TL:DR france and the uk dragged the US into their colonial dirty laundry or some shit

I really need to go back and finish it, I love Ken Burns documentaries, but its not up on pbs anymore...

no
why should i?

oh please, and how can you not cover the war without also covering the unrest in the US? they go hand in hand

I'm only a few episodes in, but my impression from the book is that it was even on the protestors, and even had some critical opinions as well. From my reading, it seemed like the protestors were growing violent and somewhat focusless towards the end of the decade. I don't like how we pretty much abandoned South Vietnam due to the backlash.
It has a book accompanying the series as well.

reading is a faster way to consume information than listening and watching is. so what does the length of the series matter? reading books in silence is the best way to learn. the series might be good, but it is decidedly a worse use of your time if educating yourself is the goal. sorry m8. put the DVDs back on the shelf. put away the pictures. sit your butt down and READ faggot.

>but its not up on pbs anymore...
it's on netflix now!

why not both?

Oh hey, I should have checked netflix, thanks for the heads up.

Is the intro song It Ain't Me?

You sound like a pretentious neckbeard just so you know

It's great.

it's great.

I would never have thought that there is SO much video material of combat.

This. Johnson was a power fag and was too mentally weak to level with the American people and pull the fuck out like a cheap hooker. Instead he nutted in her to the tune of 50,000 American boys dying.

The framing is antiwar protestors good pro war patriots bad. Sure, there's a point at which they show the weathermen to be insane maniacs, but at no point do they raise the issue of why the slanted media obsessed over american war crimes but never framed the issue as communist aggression against people who had chosen to be communists. The war could have ended easily if the North had respected the south, which couldn;t have stopped the commies from being what they wanted to be in their own country.

I'm glad a million of those gooks got killed for trying to force communism on people who didn't want it. The US should have ignored the media leftists and bombed the North continuously until they ceased to aggress (bombing worked held them in check after ground forces had been pulled out so don't give me any nonsense about how it didn't).

>never framed the issue as communist aggression against people who had chosen NOT to be communists

You mean Fortunate Son I think... Get your CCR right, faggot.

All those Ken Burns docs are great.

Prohibition is one of my favorites as well.

My bad senpai

It's all entire military occupational specialty. It's what I did. Public affairs. Combat correspondent, broadcasters things like that. Fantastic job in the military. Absolutely loved it.

Ken Burns make a solid documentary. With Vietnam I particularly impressed that he was able to interview Vietcong soldiers and hear there side of things. War was brutal on both sides bc the us government didn’t want to pull out and look bad.

>waxed dinks from his helicopter
>braved 50 cal chunks of lead flying past his head
>puts roastie reporter in her place
Is Ron Ferrizzi our guy?

Attached: dixon-154726-e-wp-content-uploads-2017-09-810789_f3abf77cdfda2e4.jpg (1200x675, 61K)

That’s basically my thoughts on him with Vietnam. How you every read Robert Caros’s Trilogy of LBJ, what a complex story of a man. We never had a majority speaker in the senate as powerful. He pushed thru the voting rights Act of 1964, 1966, the Great Society, Head Start, NASA. The fucking guy lived, breath and shit politics. A real fucking Tactician that got him in the congress and took him all the way to the Vice Presidents office.

This. It's because of those protesting faggots that we lost.