What is your opinion on defense contractors?

What is your opinion on defense contractors?

I recently got my CS master degree, sent out like 50 job applications, got 10 interviews, and 3 offers. The highest of those offers is Lockheed-Martin by like $7k/yr. Do you guys think it is unethical to contribute the military-industrial complex.

The other thing I liked when I visited was that everyone I met were white males over 35. The other places I interviewed were full of poos and Asians, and most of them seemed like incompetent children. One guy who interviewed me at Paypal had anime toys all over his desk.

Attached: f-22-raptor.jpg (600x400, 25K)

Make the most money dumbass. Coworkers is a bonus. It's not like they're monsanto.

>you can start a high-paying job producing the instruments of death dealt to brown people across the globe
>this is supposed to be unethical

You post on Jow Forums. You won't get the job. They're well aware of your opinions about Jews and Israel.

>The other thing I liked when I visited was that everyone I met were white males over 35.
How can you be sure they weren't Jews?

I would rather work with poos and chinks than kikes.

Monsanto makes products that make it possible for 3rd world niggers to not starve to death. Fuck monsanto.

Also because you post on Jow Forums you're probably pro-Russian and pro-Iranian.

What assurance do they have that you won't send US secrets to Russia or Iran?

You won't get the job. Go find a job somewhere that fits with your political views.

>$7k/yr
You'd earn more delivering pizzas and you get loads of free pizzas and chicken and stuff sometimes you can get free pepsis to and you don't have to wake up to early either it's a much better thing to do than the planes and bombs thing tbqh.

Attached: 1530707794589.gif (400x225, 1.91M)

Relax dude, defense world is one of the last based places. Very powerful on CV as well.

he said 7k MORE per year. as in compared to the other offers.

We already had that ability. Monsanto fucks with the genome of a species with out even considering the effect on human health it would have. More people today are getting cancer all over the damn place. Wonder if in the future it will be found to be coming from artificially GMO food. I say artificial because all our food is GMO to an extent purely because of selective breeding. This is why corn is yellow and sweet today. However making an apple that does not rot when cut and exposed to air seems..... not right.

Maybe the others were $1k/yr and he'd still earn more doing the pizzas did you think about that? Maybe you should should do the pizzas to because you can get free pizzas and drinks sometime to and you don't have to wake up to early and it's not to hard to do but is ok to do.

>One guy who interviewed me at Paypal had anime toys all over his desk.

Please tell me you're joking.

And I say go for it. Even though 90% of it's probably a waste, not everything the government and defense contractors do isn't without merit. Like you pointed out, relatively few poos and other foreigners due to needing security clearance. I imagine in general it's probably pretty interesting and neat work too.

Only thing I'd be worried about is what I would worry about at any public sector or government contractor job. Your employment is basically at the whims of the taxpayer, and as soon as there is any significant cut to defense spending, it may be on the chopping block. Only silver lining I guess is that defense is probably one of the last things in this country to ever get cut, so you're probably pretty safe.

Attached: 1524450975542.jpg (258x360, 55K)

THE TRIBE OF DAN

reading comprehension of a small child right here

No question. Defense contractor. My dad used to do that before he died. Made a lot of the electrical systems on the old F-22. Can't get more detailed than that. I'm not even supposed to know.

Hahaha nobody likes you and your breath smells gay

Attached: 1530644116596.jpg (858x990, 246K)

>

what you want is a growth industry with employee stock purchase plan. That is a 30% bonus over time. If they dont have a stock purchase plan, walk on over to Silicon Valley asap and put up with the poos and chinks and gooks, cause guess what? there aint no nigs in tech no matter where you go.

I make 132k working for Boeing working as an ATC.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nt0vfexkpK1spsojg_500.jpg (500x495, 46K)

Military-Industrial complex scum

i work for one. i like the atmosphere. supporting the military is sick. also the security clearance is a bonus

He made drone functions now fuck off MIC nigger

Do not go with Lockheed, go with Boeing or Raytheon if possible.

LH has had a shit-ton of management turnover and a bunch of failing projects on the books, they're trying to get out of it by hiring a bunch of new blood that they can work into the ground.

You will be working with the most dated technology possible at a place like Lockheed-Martin.
They have incredibly long hardware development cycles and support old hardware for a very long time.
When you go to get your next job, unless it is in a similar industry, your experience will be dated.
Place like Lockheed-Martin are where old programmers go to die.

What do you think about Russia?

Do it. I made the mistake of going into a lower paying version of my field after college because I wanted to do something "ethical". It retarded the development of my career, not too bad but it still did nonetheless.

Turns out money is money and business is business, everything is a little shady and when it comes to the millions of dollars needed to run businesses every year, none of it is ever totally clean. You can always find some kind of moral/ethical issue with what you are doing, what is most important is making enough money to live comfortably and raise a smart, healthy family. That is the most valuable thing you can do.

Go for it.

Fuck you scum
kek

>"ethical"
kys CIA nigger

There's a reason why they pay more retard. You will have an accident or get food poisoning and mysteriously die just after working on a top secret project for the CIA.
How can you be so fucking retarded not to know this? Everyone knows this. FUCK you're stupid

You are a gigantic faggot

They have their agents trying to hire in this thread, they're low on people because we found out what they're doing

I've been a defense contractor for 9 years now. I did ten years in the military.
If you can get a clearance, poly and some read ons you're essentially un-fireable. IT is good but just be aware how contracts work, POM funding cycles and what contracts are under protest.
One of my good friends was a network OPs guy, signed on, moved to the area, and they lost the contract in two weeks of him showing up. His only option at that point was to sign on with the new company for 30% pay cut.

Defense contracting is a ruthless game, if you're fine with slitting throats of the folks you shake the hands of every day, go right ahead. If you for a minute think it's gonna be nice and friendly, don't go in. There is a reason D.C. has the highest amount of psychopaths per capita in the US.
Good luck man, LM is a decent outfit, they're not going under any time soon. Just make sure you're on the prime contract, and not the sub.

Well done CIA nigger you learned how to mimic our lingo
>p.s. your id glows

I have no connection to the CIA you actual retard.

The most important thing is gainful employment, period.

How do you do fellow polaks, I have no connection to the CIA

Attached: 4L_XyJIEWgD.jpg (570x856, 89K)

lol bullshit you do

ATC's aren't employed by private companies, they're employed by the federal gov't

Attached: MrAwesomeMoving.gif (413x445, 69K)

There's nothing wrong with being a defense contractor, most I know are people who believe in what they are doing and want to make a difference. And Lockheed Martin is an extremely reputable company, I'd definitely sign on with them if I were in your position. Good luck!

Lmco does many things and it's extremely unlikely you will be involved with a defense contract without a security clearance. Even to be able to look at the new GPS satellites in the assembly bay you have to have a clearance.

Super unethical but cool as fuck. Lockheed’s logo is a incomplete seal of Solomon, which tells you everything you need to know about the company.

Id like to apologise for this fucking doughnut on behalf of all my country

Lockheed Martin is top tier. War moves society forward. I mean, look at your pic related. If I could, I would literally have sex with that plane. And I'm not even a degenerate. That's how good they are.

But coming from an oldfag whose made some bad calls...MAX OUT YOUR SAVINGS RATE THROUGH YOUR TWENTIES. Live like a student and save 50% of your salary. It's only a little painful at that age, and at the end of it (age 30) you'll have literally enough money to retire. Keep up the savings rate through age 35 and you're set for life. Don't lose it in a bluepilled marriage+divorce though. At that point you could marry an early-30s woman doctor who makes more than you and is despairing that all the hot men don't talk to her anymore, if you wanted, so she would owe you alimony after the divorce. Good luck user.

Also not sure what Jow Forums posting does for one's clearance. Whatever your story is, tell the truth and don't change your story.

Attached: white_people_chimpout.png (500x281, 275K)

hahahaha butthurt raytheon monkey who couldn't get hired at lockheed detected.

>walk on over to Silicon Valley asap
brainlet detected. what kind of self-hating worker would live where single-family homes are minimum $2 million?

is that what they call mercenaries now

Attached: 1531243815166.jpg (882x731, 124K)

Lel your country is probably Scotland and which so it is gay af and your probably a nigger or something like that so be quiet because I'm not from schotland because it's gay I'm not from your country and you don't need to apologise to me because I'm English so I fucked your mum haha.

Attached: 1530650322986.png (680x680, 76K)

I work in video games now but cut my teeth working for post 9/11 defense contractors.
It's a good job for a few years-- you can basically make of it what you will because no one does shit.
The technology is 15-20 years behind private industry however, and you'll quit in a few years out of basic bureaucratic frustration. Still, it gets the resume started.

Can confirm, I have seen said aircraft in action in theater, it is the reason the US is so feared. Without companies like LM, L3 and BAH we wouldn't have any control over the global economical nightmare that is out there today.
Jow Forums is correct that the military industrial complex is massive and has a lot of power in today's government, but I would rather these folks have it than the Soros family.
The Devil we know...

>Do you guys think it is unethical to contribute the military-industrial complex.

No, faggot.

Attached: USA Sponsored Post.jpg (922x692, 121K)