Pagan bible?

Pagans of pol,
I'm interested in European folk religion as a symbol of history,, ect ect. What "bible" equivalent is there, like canon accounts of folklore ect that you need to read? Preferably Anglo Saxon oriented. Not reference books and shit, but actual lore and theology.

inb4 hurr durr larper viking wannabe, muh christianity is white

Attached: 220px-Georg_von_Rosen_-_Oden_som_vandringsman,_1886_(Odin,_the_Wanderer) (1).jpg (220x323, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/f7tix
ostarapublications.com/
youtu.be/ch-fed2_swY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_mythology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mabinogion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Cycle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augury
fryskednis.blogspot.com/
sacred-texts.com/atl/olb/index.htm
thuletempel.org/wb/index.php?title=Portal:Originaltexte
aryan-myth-and-metahistory.blogspot.com/
youtu.be/0a3OmtlxJsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Same here but for the Hellenic gods

Attached: 35F63889-C01B-4348-8A98-F6AAE26AD261.jpg (1024x681, 75K)

Brit stop wasting your life and get right

streamable.com/f7tix

Attached: PassAlong.jpg (1653x859, 704K)

Like fucking clockwork

Attached: 9FCC7860-AE71-4A25-A7C9-4B4618B0B064.jpg (600x461, 36K)

Same here, but Slavic/Nordic mythology
>inb4 Witcher

Anyone know of shit like the story of Achilles is actually canon to the Greek pantheon?

I suggest Poetic/Prose Edda, they're Icelandic variations of Germanic folklore detailing the origins and tales of the Aesir. It's probably the closest we're going to get.

Attached: symbol3Vegvisir.jpg (504x500, 43K)

Quick lil bump

We need a paganism general or some shit

tacticus wrote extensivly about the germanic tribes and their practices. He is the only account I believe to be the truth because he wasn't a jew or a christian, but a Roman who fought against them yet respected them enough to tell the truth.

Attached: tacticusgermania.jpg (638x479, 188K)

It's hard to come across a bible equivalent since many of these pre-Abrahamic faiths were not written down. And if they were a lot of them were destroyed by Christians. This website is pretty good though if you go under the "European Religions" category.

ostarapublications.com/

>believing in books instead of your ancestors

Attached: 68e09103027a8c046360c21923eee72e.png (1002x756, 397K)

Mabigonian

>Anglo-Saxon oriented
You just come to the realization that Christianity is the spiritual fulfillment of Theodish sacral kingship, convert, and read the real bible.

Read the homeric works

couple of verses of holy book I don't believe in, quoting people who are probably now indistinguishable from their historical character

wow I'm convinced...

There's the Prose Edda for Odinism, but it was written by a Christian trying to justify pagan existence so it's not entirely credible. If you're just looking for a general idea of Norse myth then it should work, but for anything beyond that you should be skeptical.

>muh kike on a stick
kys

of course not

there is non. Greek religion is free.

if you want a guide into Greek religious beliefs and rituals you should read Walter Burkerts Book.

Though it wont help you for your "pagan" path

It would be good to start a campaign against the Christian churches about their 2000 years of oppression and cultural destruction of indigenous Europeans.

He wasn't asking you, stop advertising your shit.

Thanks germanon

Hard agree

>extensively
That book is tiny, btw. I read it the other day. There's no meaningful way to use Germania as a platform for pagan reconstructionism.

Isn't it a little hard for us to ask our ancestors about their religion when they're dead?

Attached: 1524663194184.png (353x332, 89K)

there is enough to draw out from Ancient Greek sources.

but you realize through these sources that most beliefs were absolutely retarded.
I'm talking about wierd practises like driving outcasts from cities as a purification ritual, "seers" who were simply scammers, a religious festival in honour of Dionysos where women would have to hide and any priest finding a woman having to kill her.

However paganism in itself is not a "stupid" religion, certainly not more than Christianity,

>but you realize through these sources that most beliefs were absolutely retarded.
Is that because of non-pagan writers attempting to use the worst available in paganism to characterize them all?

Paganism has middle eastern (Babylonian) roots. If Christianity isn’t white, then neither is paganism.

There is none.
It was mostly undocumented and then destroyed further by Christian priests wanting to cover it up.
The beliefs were mostly taught by elders or passed down through tradition.

What very little we do know is guess work from very little evidence or straight up false.

Homer

not at all

Strabo and Pausanias mention things like human sacrifice, the festival to Dionysos I mentioned and they were both "pagans" and simply recorded these beliefs in their geographic travels.
Keep in mind that humans back then were much more aggressive though

Of course Christians are in no way better. They never mention that fact that even though they banned human sacrifice, countless people willingly martyred themselves ( and in many cases delibaretely annoyed people with the goal of getting killed) because they though they could reach heaven through this.

Pagan here. We dont have a bible. We just make it up as we go along. None of us actually beleive the pagan gods are real.

dont be such a retard.

Here is that verse in song form. Truly awe inspiring
youtu.be/ch-fed2_swY

I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: 63521D33-D248-4386-83CA-00B049F08BFA.jpg (480x480, 42K)

The Kolbrin

I'd suggest you get right with God. We're going after the pedos first but then the non believers time will come too. Convert now and save yourself a lot of pain or find yourself hanging next to the pedos.

I can't contribute tonight, but it would be a good idea to start a paganism general that takes the angle of a campaign against the utter destruction of indigenous European culture by the Christians. In Canada, we had the government investigate and apologize to the indigenous Canadians about the residential school system which sought to destroy their culture, and even the Catholic bishops had to publicly apologize since the Catholics ran these schools. The Europeans were the first indigenous people subjected to this Middle Eastern cultural genocide and the Judeo-Christians/Muslims need to be held to account.

Fuck off, retard.

I can’t wait to strike you down in the field, christcuck

Apollo will guide my arrow straight through your urethra

Attached: 7C03F6B9-1619-44A7-AE7D-E4CD0863F2F5.jpg (125x125, 15K)

It’s true though

Jew

Every single Indo-European religion had a story of a Storm God destroying a dragon. Yahweh is Yam (Yah), a dragon. He breathes fire and demands human sacrifices and salted animal sacrifices and makes a point of how much he hates Baal in the bible. Baal is a title meaning lord, in the biblical case it was referring to Hadad, who in Canaan and Mesopotamia was the Storm God who would kill Yah/Yam/Yahweh.

you should know that the Hellenic Gods are not protector Gods.

they are shown in the myths and through simple observation to not give a shit about humanity.

of course faggots like Platon and Sokrates would disagree.

shoo shoo jew

The problem is that modern Greeks are mentally dominated by Christianity. It’s had a foothold for so long

>Apollo will guide my arrow straight through your urethra

Nigga this was so funny you broke my larp lmao. Blessed be thy anus.

Attached: 1375280122868.png (477x460, 318K)

The Edda's are probably your best bet, but get this. The norse saga's were originally told by word of mouth by poets. Every single known saga and myth was written down by Christian scholars in the middle ages, sicne the pagans didn't have the means to do so.
A lot of the monks who wrote them down had an interest in christianizing some of the themes to suit the audience better. Therefore you shouldn't trust the Edda's or any other collection outright as accurate representations of pagan values.

Attached: 1502996611429.jpg (422x750, 79K)

It was simple bants. I think that the often aloof nature of the Greek Gods makes them much more convincing.
Of course, some of them like Apollo occasionally benefitted humans IIRC

the bigger problem is that Christjews imported many Christian Non Greeks here while Ancient Greeks suffered from population shortage.

Thessaly and Epirus was overrun with Albanians, the Isles aswell.
Macedonia became Slavic, etc.

Christcucks are responsible that most of us aren't proper Greeks.

If there was than it would be a organized religion and still popular

Ibn Fadlan's account of a norse funeral

Glad I could help

Jesus Christ, that is starkly depressing. Any history you can share on Crete’s genetic makeup?

Attached: D641BBD8-5329-4910-8CD1-23B442A3DE7F.png (288x302, 56K)

>It was simple bants
yeah I got that lol

>occasionally
he outright states in the Iliad that he wont fight for those puny mortals.
furthermore he was the God of disease and would kill people who annoyed him, which is an analogy to disease hitting any people, rich or poor, good or bad.

you should read about priests in Alexandria paying engineers to built statues, that would move like machines, chariots that would through magnets float and statues of Ares and Aphrodite hugging each other.

In Thessaly there was a temple to Hades, where the people would supposedly speak to the dead, but it was simply priests shaking walls, fooling people into thinking that the dead speak to them.

Hitler was right about the Slavs, we should send them the hell out of Europe

>Blessed be thy anus.

And also with you

Read the Eddas, my dude

Anglo Saxon-oriented: Thelema as founded by aleister crowley would be your best bet, the holy book being the Book of the Law. Unfortunately Thelema and the OTO has become inseperable from SJW-tier progressivism. Otherwise it’s pretty solid, albeit possibly adharmic in nature.

Your best bet is Hinduism and the Vedas.

Viking gods were a rip off of the roman pantheon

romans erased all continental lore but the welsh/irish folklore survived, welsh/irish is essentially celtish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_mythology

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mabinogion

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Cycle

Attached: nero's torches.jpg (1920x1047, 522K)

>Jesus Christ, that is starkly depressing.
it is, I have basically lost the last thing that kept me in this world after realizing that.

>Any history on Crete
oh my. Kritikos k esy?
Crete is basically the most non Greek place, outside from Cyprus and Anatolian "Greeks" who are just larpers.
Even some Ancient Greeks said that some barbarians still live in Crete.

The island was populated by Arabs when they conquered and then by Armenian Christians when the Byzantines took it over.

I also read that many Nafricans came here.

Rigveda is pretty close to one though it was written for the poos' Aryan ancestors

Damn, I knew Christianity didn’t start the tradition of phony mystics but I had no idea it went back so far. Also pretty impressive engineering skills at work there

Organized, popular religion is awful and a cancer upon the earth. Thank God paganism isnt organized religion like christianity, islam and judaism.

Damn. That’s rough, Crete is where I draw my ancestry from.

Ah well

Attached: B83EA74C-5997-4A9F-A308-7A05F6B99120.jpg (720x450, 38K)

It's true, the christcucks did the best job they could destroying native european religion. The best we can do is reconstruct what we can based on archeology, pagan themed celebrations that still occur minus the Christian elements, studying what contemporaries wrote

It would be helpful to look at intact pagan religions in the northern hemisphere, like Japan. Shintoism reveres old trees, various natural features. They have ceremonies to remember the dead, coming of age ceremonies, weddings, funerals, many annual ceremonies based on the season

Take into account had paganism been left unmolested, it would have matured with the scientific revolution

We wouldn't go wrong to care more about the environment and what kind of a world we're leaving to our children

Calling them retarded simply shows that you dont understand anything about it.

Dig through folk songs and tales, they would have changed through time and been bastardised but some of them are older than people thought. Hansel and Gretel, Tam Lin, red riding hood,

>Pagans
>Textual religion
Pick one, larper nig.

Paganism is an umbrella term for every non abrahamic spiritual practices and religions. The variety of European paganisms is traced to be descended of an pro-indo-european religion/spirituality with a common ancestor with the religions and spiritual practices of India, the same way the indo-european languages

There are Middle Eastern, Chinese and North American versions of cinderella

Other themes pop up frequently. Human kind starting with one man and one woman. Being made from earth. Water and atmosphere starting before dry land. Ravens. A global flood

I have to add, that since many people think that interests in cultures and peoples stem from genetic lineage, it could be that you and I atleast partly descend from Ancient Greeks.

If you look at Vlassis Rassias a prominent pagan (scammer I might add), he looks very closely to Cicero and Menandros.

Religions change, but humanity never does.

At least the Ancient Greek religion doesnt make such things "canon" rather a product of what people once believed.

I'm sorry user, but there is simply no point in things like "seeing" etc. It is the modern equivalent of astrology etc.

There is simply no proof that an eagle flying above you, is a sign that a God once you to commit a certain action.

That is what Christcucks do.

Thanks for imparting some wisdom on the thread German/Greek bro

Attached: 4C247109-EF40-4ACB-B9EC-A62AA0586AE0.png (827x1015, 192K)

>Thank God paganism isnt organized religion
Actually it sort of was. The druids were extremely organized, and so was the Theban priesthood. Early Vedic Hindus operated like the Catholic Church in stamping out "heretical" beliefs. The Hittites, when faced with the prospect of several tribal storm/sky gods, went through the trouble of organizing a pantheon to reflect that instead of leaving it be. Of course unorganized 'folk' paganism was a thing too, but that was seen as merely the common beliefs of peasants, in contrast to the superior, high religion of the priests

>There is simply no proof that an eagle flying above you, is a sign that a God once you to commit a certain action.
>That is what Christcucks do.

See
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augury
Augury is the practice from ancient Roman religion of interpreting omens from the observed flight of birds (aves).

You don't sound very pagan user, you're probably just one of those naturalists who thinks modern science is a good thing

>The druids were extremely organized
They were also not the holders of religion. More like lawyers and lorekeepers. Religion was regional.

>They were also not the holders of religion.
They were exactly that. After the massacre of the druids Celtic society became absolutely paralyzed, as if their link to Heaven was dead. It was partly why they took to Christianity so easily, since the monks and priests were so alike to the druids

I think you and this user are projecting your individualist Protestant mentality to our pagan past. Modernity has affected you in so many ways you don't even realize it

Attached: 1398626547096.jpg (460x582, 35K)

I'm not a Pagan, but i love the history of indo-European people, including their myths and ancient religion.

It's 3 o'clock here, but if anybody's interested I can tell a bit about some ancient Roman/Latin/Classic myths.

There is no "bible". Read The Oera Linda Book, Guido von List, and the Thule Society's work.

fryskednis.blogspot.com/
sacred-texts.com/atl/olb/index.htm

thuletempel.org/wb/index.php?title=Portal:Originaltexte
aryan-myth-and-metahistory.blogspot.com/

>if anybody's interested I can tell a bit about some ancient Roman/Latin/Classic myths
I am interested and I think most in this thread are too

>You don't sound very pagan user, you're probably just one of those naturalists who thinks modern science is a good thing
modern science IS a good thing user. At least in some regards.

>interpreting omens from the observed flight
yes they were paid to interpret omens favourably to rulers.

>you dont sound very pagan user
I only believe in many Gods

Plato also hated oracles and such. Was he not a real pagan aswell?

both of you should look how scammy the Oracle at Delphi was

always friend

try the iliad and odyssey

>After the massacre of the druids Celtic society became absolutely paralyzed
That's where you're hilariously wrong, kiddo. By that point, Rome had already conquered Prydain, so British society was largely under the thumb militarily (via the warlords and chiefs). The massacre at Anglesey was about getting rid of the community organisers.
>It was partly why they took to Christianity so easily
Then explain Ireland, Scotland, and Gaul, where their druids were never eliminated.

Unfortunately, (((Christians))) burned and destroyed most texts related to white cultures and religions, especially the old-English Anglo-Saxon pagan texts. Most of what we have were written by outcasts long after the fact and largely altered. The fact is, we no longer know exactly what our white ancestors believed thanks to the kikes who violently forced their Jew-centric garbage on them.

Attached: 1523806185313.jpg (665x768, 113K)

>Was he not a real pagan aswell?
If he didn't follow (((wicca/asteru/Varg))) then how could he be?

>but actual lore and theology.

Ainulindalë, the preface to The Silmarillion.

What do you think of the Aradia: Gospel of the Witches book by Charles Leland?

>modern science IS a good thing user. At least in some regards.
I highly doubt it

>yes they were paid to interpret omens favourably to rulers.
I've read about several instances when the gave negative interpretations that came true

>Plato
Wasn't exactly a traditional pagan. According to Nietzsche he was pretty much just a proto-Christian. Also the Neoplatonists practiced theurgy/magic, which isn't that far off from divination

i will give you a quick rundown

>there is a giant and a cow
>wotan, we and willi kill him
>they form our world out of his corpse
>they create everything we know
>(((floki))) the nigger god starts to chimp out
>everything ends in a huge fight
>allmost everyone dies

>destroyed most texts related to white cultures and religions
Such as?

>I highly doubt it
Typed on a computer, rather than sung by a bard.

iits actually (((loki))) not floki, my bad.

>By that point, Rome had already conquered Prydain
Yes but I meant paralyzed spiritually - their whole culture became stagnant. Rome did the same thing to the Jews in burning the Second Temple

>Yes but I meant paralyzed spiritually
Which it had not. They continued as normal, but started adopting the Roman pantheon as well.
The culture continued as could be expected under occupationl. Same is true of the Jews after the second temple, since they had major reform movements around the Pharisees and shit.

The Iliad disagrees with you it seems. In the first section I count both Zeus and Apollo acting on behalf of favored men.

A very quick one before going to bed. The story of Numa Pompilius and his duel with Jupiter.
Numa Pompilius was the second king of Rome, a Sabine mystic that was pleaded to accept the throne after Romolus death, and is credited to creating most of Rome's religious traditions and institutions. He was married to the beautiful nymph Egeria, who was her confidante and counsellor.

Once he is supposed to have summoned the father of the Gods himself with a powerful ritual to ask him for protection against the terrible storms full of thunders and lightning ravaging the country in that time.
Jupiter then answered dismissively, and told him he would need to pay such a gift with lots of heads.
Numa brought him a casket full of onion heads, enraging Jupiter, who said what he wanted was from the head of men. So Numa brought him hair. Then Jupiter said he meant head of the living, and Numa brought him heads of fishes. It went on a bit like this, with Numa playing reverse genie on Jupiter until he got fed up and gave him his blessing and protection.
And that's why a traditional ritual to ward against storm was a sacrifice of hair, onions and fishes.

>His "religion" doesn't have a holy book
HAHAHAHABABABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1531926691829.png (550x343, 507K)

There isn't one. Technically you can be Pagan AND Christian.

Pagan is not a religion, in it's most simplistic form it's just appreciating the natural world.

You can be pagan w/ or w/o believing gods are literally gods.

might as well create a new White religion. who is with me? should we have multiple or one god? violent, peaceful, both?

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (900x572, 131K)

you should have known by the many myths that the Gods never cared about humanity.
sure someone might be liked by a deity but that is a completely different thing.

furthermore Apollo says to Poseidon that they should not fight for puny mortals and Zeus orders everyone to stay away from the war.

>Wasn't exactly a traditional pagan.
saying someone wasnt a real pagan, is the most Christian thing ever.

Pagans and especially Greek philosophers disagreed about everything.

>Neoplatonists practiced theurgy/magic
literally the dirt of all philosophical schools, as good as they were at that time.

Gibbon said that Plato would not acknowledge these men.

Audiobook based on the eddas
youtu.be/0a3OmtlxJsU

No one is likely to follow a wholy manufactured religion, even if they believed there was utility in its acceptance.

Julian the Apostate (Roman Emperor and based) suggested the Life of Pythagoras by Iamblichus

>Sikhism
>Mormonism

people love made up larp religions

those cant be traced back to a Jow Forums thread where user gave up on reconstructing paganism and asked if a brand new religion should be created and followed with if it should be mono or polytheistic.

I'm just thinking this thread would be much less compelling than the story of Abraham.