Where were you when the Solar Flare killed all electronics?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_2012
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1989_geomagnetic_storm
>A solar storm of this magnitude occurring today would cause widespread disruptions and damage due to extended outages of the electrical grid.[2][3] The solar storm of 2012 was of similar magnitude, but it passed Earth's orbit without striking the planet.[4]

>Had the CME hit the Earth, it is likely that it would have inflicted serious damage to electronic systems on a global scale.

>A 2013 study estimated that the economic cost to the United States would have been between $0.6 and 2.6 trillion USD

tl;dr The sun throws solar storms at the earth, and as soon as the next one hits us, which it will and we're overdue, will cause all electronics on earth to blow up, all power grids to blow up, all hard drives to fail, and everything not in a faraday cage to get wiped.

What are you going to do Jow Forums? 12% chance per decade, meaning we're probably going to see one in our lifetime and its going to wipe out the internet.

flat earthers BTFO

Attached: CME_of_23_July_2012.jpg (350x282, 42K)

bump

Jokes on you, all my shit is in a faraday cage.
I built one into the framing of my house.

Attached: 1531691915055.png (709x709, 407K)

I would literally die without electricity. I hope this never happens.

space is fake

Attached: 1525961502074.webm (1280x720, 1.72M)

Attached: 1511266600846.webm (890x454, 867K)

It will user, it's just a matter of ... time.

People don't realized if this happens then America will turn into widespread riot and will melt down in a sea of famine, crime, raping, looting due to people losing their minds and seeing the opportunity in the fact nobody can report any crime you've done.

>using wikipedia as serious source
>unironically

Exactly.

So why aren't you preparing for it?

Attached: Food-Storage-Cellar-Basement-Jars-Baskets.jpg (1200x676, 346K)

>we're overdue
t. not knowing how statistics work

X Class solar flare hit earth september last year.

also solar minmum

>Where were you when the Solar Flare killed all electronics?
At home playing on my Faraday cage defended PC.

Faraday cage jockstrap ftw

i really fucking need to start prepping

Buy a new computer once it has finished.

just build a faraday cage around the earth
idiot

Except when it supports your viewpoint. Then it's fine.

I wonder how many instagram thots would commit suicide if something like this happened?

to be fair, it is a well documented event you dumb piece of shit.

>Hear about solar flare
>Get faraday cage
>put all hentai on a phone with a shared cloud
so it downloads every time I download one on my phone
>SHTF and solar flare hits
>Have enough material to last till I die
>Can jew people for time with the phone

Attached: JewishFly.gif (480x360, 1.84M)

I was posting on some faggots thread on /p...

weak

Waiting for santa to invert polarity in july and cause the star wars metaphor shield generators to go down allowing for asteroid swarms to annihilate the cities and scorch. Earth like a rag na rok apocalypse event we are approaching as we melt the icecaps and mess with geothermal conduits like superconducting magnets. How the fuck does that work? God my nigga. God is how the white mane does it to defeat the greybeard cults. The oldest memories ever passed down in a closed loop entropy cycle. Caesars comets are coming to play fuckboiiis. Pizza pizza planet.

those jars of pickles could keep me alive for at least a month or two

A SOLAR FLARE JUST FLEW OVER MY HOUSE, IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

my nigga

Ever notice how flat earthers never call other planets in the solar system flat?

>wipe out all electronics
Most stuff is actually pretty well insulated. The issue is that the transformer boxes and lines themselves overcharge and fuck with insulated shit.