The fuck do americans mean when they say "i repeal the fifth?"

the fuck do americans mean when they say "i repeal the fifth?"
i hear it a lot when a yank gets arrested and the cop just looks slightly annoyed
exlpain

pic unrelated

Attached: based nazi bear.png (400x504, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_warning
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i want to thank you for single handedly dispelling the myth that australians are good posters

fuck off answer my question cumnt

Attached: angerydama.png (640x480, 208K)

It plead the 5th
And is the amendment that gurantees one does not have to speak, because speaking WILL incriminate you.
So, say nothing and you are better off, always,no exception.

they say "plead the Fifth" not "repeal the Fifth" and invokes the Fifth Amendment and means that they have the right to remain silent. Most nigs think that it means you don't have to say anything ever and that you are untouchable, that's why cops are annoyed because they must spend at least 15 minutes explaining a monkey what his fifth amendment rights actually are.

*plead
"I have a right to talk to a lawyer before potentially incriminating myself to a police officer."

Also you dont have to say
"I plead the fifth" anymore than you have to say
"Im excersing the 2nd, so I can kill this nigger"
Just shut up, or just shoot.

thanks friendios makes a lot more sense now

Attached: reddit gold.png (469x463, 407K)

Pleading the Fifth. Fifth Amendment prevents people from having to testify against themselves.

People don't know the difference between Miranda rights and the 5th Amendment.

>Boomerang australian poster

the fuck is miranda rights?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_warning
TLDR it's the litany cops have to recite during arrests, "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law..."

aaaahhhh
i feel like that one i should have knwon

Miranda rights are kinda a meme.
But its what you are supposed to be made aware of before you are arrested.
Basically that you dont have to talk because they WILL use what you say against you, and that you have a right to an attorny, whether yours, or a state appointed one

Gotta love the Warren Court for that kind of fuckery.

I REPEAL THE 5TH

Would be kind of stupid to say, "I repeal the fifth" in an arrest situation.

Why?
You literally cant. Its always an option, unless you keep flapping

OP is a fucking homo

WRONG! Miranda rights guarantee you your right to remain silent, basi letting you know anything you say is admissable in court. 5th amendment is the right to keep silent or refrain from using questions in the grounds you may incriminate yourself such as in a trial.

PLEAD the 5th, not repeal, damnit!

they say "i plead the fifth" and nobody says it when arrested. its N/A unless in court. cops tell you that you have the right to remain silent and the rest of the maranda rights stuff when you get arrested

if in court you have to plead the fifth for every question or you will be forced to answer and if you refuse declared in contempt of court and things get worse from there. you cannot answer questions of any sort. not your name or if they are in a court room ect. judges fuck with people when they plead the fifth but its meant to cast a shadow of doubt on if they did anything wrong so its typically playful and drawn out. but it still makes you look kind of guilty

FPBP