What was the 2008 financial crisis like for you?

What was the 2008 financial crisis like for you?

Attached: cacc.jpg (960x490, 616K)

A walk in the park.

t. time traveler form december 2018.

easy as easy can be, bought a house.

We lost our house after my parents divorced because the strain of having no money ruined their marriage. then my mother killed herself and my father remarried

We moved from our old home to my grandfather's place, because of financial issues. My dad soon died of brain aneurysm a year later.

Cant lose anything when you dont have anything.

I know a few people who lost their homes because they bought more than they could afford. Housing prices in 2007 were higher than current prices in a lot of areas

I'm really sorry dude.
I was on a full ride to undergrad. Didn't affect me.

Many people here where children then.

They don't know what Massive deleveraging is.

Gold and Silver dropping in value hard. That sould send shivers down your spine.

life goes on. thanks for the sympathy

The next crash will be horrific. Americans have 1 trillion in student loan debt and another trillion in car debt, also banks are giving out loans to people who have no business qualifying for loans. Additionally people have been pouring money into the stock market because interest rates are so low. It’s about time (((They))) wipe away all of those fake gains

i was 11 and my family was unaffected as far as i know

It was fine for me. My parents somehow managed to make more money than before with their business while tons of their competitors were shutting down.

Was entering college at the time. I figured by the time I graduated everything would turn around.

If only...

my father was a large real estate developer and it was very depressing as much of his work went to zero, my mother was in a state of panic, and we were scared we would have to give up our lifestyle

Father lost his job due to corporate restructuring.
We were on foodstamps and unemployment at the time.
Our family restaurant went under and we nearly lost the house, but we were able to save it through debt restructuring.
Dad went back to school, and after 14 months got a new, better paying job at a local energy plant.

Fast forward to now, family is living comfortably in the same 2 story house we lived in since 2000.

Attached: 1526109017392.png (247x293, 42K)

I sold drugs back then. It didn't affect me.

My gf of 3 years broke up with me.

Lost all my fortune, lost my friendship with Mr. Trump and lost my supermodel wife..

All I have now is Jow Forums and my private army, thanks /B/!

In Hs when t happened. Parents lost job since they worked at same company. We were evicted from home and were homeless for days sleeping in an empty factory owned by fathers friend. Eventually his friend found out and lent us money for apt but parents used it to rent a small room for our family. Eventually my parents found jobs and in 2009 we were ok but never fully recovered.

Anybody else remember how hard it was to find a job

Attached: 1532326127353.png (680x487, 281K)

I remember.

How much of that was your fault though?
The financial crisis wasn't that bad.

Nothing a firm handshake and looking a man straight in the face wouldn't fix.

We lifed comfily on welfare but read a lot of worried news.

The first job that I found after my contract in the military was up was at an auto dealership. Gas was $5 per gallon. The dealership that I worked for had a massive amount of money into new trucks and suvs and almost nobody was buying them. They started cutting staff like crazy and I lost my job there. I've been struggling ever since then.

I knew a bunch of people that lost their job. I worked at a gas station so I was never in danger of losing my job, but I was on the front line of just the general social malaise at the time. People were extremely butthurt about the gas prices. Before the economy really fell off the cliff I could have been out there raising the gas price on the sign 3 times or more on a typical shift. People were texting me like crazy 'dude why didnt you tell me they were raising the gas price??' as if I had any say or pre-knowledge. Dude people were irrational. I had a lady come in one time and she had just lost her job and she was just totally dumbfounded that that could happen to her, and she started spilling her guts to me, the gas station guy '20 years bla bla bla'. EVERYbody had a sob story. We're still in the shadow of it to be quite honest. It'll take a generation to get of it and the effects of it will echo for eternity.

It didn't affect me i got a full time job and bought an apartment.

Attached: 1473646415739.jpg (619x406, 34K)

11 year old with long term unemployed parents

Bought all those foreclosed houses and rent them out to poorfags

Attached: 1lul.jpg (640x427, 34K)

Yeah but if that happens then Trump will not be able to hold back when they burn down the Fed, firebomb synagogues, torch hollywood, and lynch every communist, SJW,(((banker))), and faggot on every lamp post

Attached: FashwaveAmericaUberAlles.jpg (1920x1080, 1.71M)

*Be able to hold the crowd back when they

Attached: FashwaveTransition.gif (746x482, 3.33M)

people dont need to know that otherwise pointless bullshit to see its affects

Was okay, the government gave everyone $700 as a stimulus package.

i knew a nijnoj that spent all that money on rims for his car