Am I just out of touch, or is modern """culture""" just fucking retarded...

Am I just out of touch, or is modern """culture""" just fucking retarded. I recently found myself defending myself against my entire work group because they were debating whether Childish Gambino's "This is America" (youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY) is one of the top 10 greatest songs ever written. I told them they were crazy, it wasn't even close to the top 100,000 songs. Someone then literally looked me in the eye and said "Do you just feel that way because he isn't white?".

I said that color has nothing to do with it, and that Ben King's Stand by Me (youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE) for example has a solid claim at top 10. They straight up told me that black music today is much more powerful than black music back then, because its shed its "white roots".

Is this what people really think? Do you niggers today make better music than blacks in the 70's, 60's, and 50's?

Attached: childish-gambino-dance-choreography.jpg (1100x703, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ExVtrghW5Y4
mobile.twitter.com/theblackboyblog/status/1010984153213530115/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=ErN8JDGjrHQ
youtu.be/jzSlw5Zm6gw
youtube.com/watch?v=1eoSanFCU-M
youtube.com/watch?
youtube.com/watch?v=WrsFXgQk5UI
youtube.com/watch?v=zCn_8eJ8x6M
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ko9TpduOhE
youtube.com/watch?v=ad6EL-qTGl8
youtube.com/watch?v=s90NUW4RSJU
youtube.com/watch?v=r4l9bFqgMaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XiUa-zBQFAs
youtube.com/watch?v=s0aIjyX7vwI
youtube.com/watch?v=UYkgYPPDYM8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Glover
lyndonlarouche.org/larouche-jazz.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This song is a big turd and didn’t the singer get accused for copying the beat from another famous song? Either way it’s garbage. But just because it’s a black singer + has weird allusions to race relations in modern America (black victimhood) it will be considered a classic by any liberal. Objectively it’s an absolutely horrendous song.

>debating dumb niggers about empty nigger music
>moaning on Jow Forums about idiot coworkers
>surprised your coworkers have shit taste, shit opinions, and no knowledge of anything before 1995.
Welcome summer friend

Attached: 1511244600682.jpg (1000x561, 83K)

>Producer: Jason Cole of Doomsday with Ibra Ake and Senpai Rothstein of Wolf + Rothstein

considering that ghetto thug rap culture was a cia mindfuck to wreck the blacks, i wouldnt say they shed white roots at all. i would say they shed their black roots and now they have an entirely artificial culture created for them by an establishment that hates them

the song literally has no meaning. It is random words and virtue signaling thrown together and it is as vague as possible on purpose

I don't know how americans fall for this shit
Here is a good gambino song youtube.com/watch?v=ExVtrghW5Y4

Congrats, you figured out normies are retarded.

>They straight up told me that black music today is much more powerful than black music back then, because its shed its "white roots".

Well this is a really fucking dumb thing for them to say and makes it obvious they know jack shit about music history.

It was already proven that he literally copied the song pretty much exactly from some unknown basement SoundCloud rapper. Show them the proof of that and it will completely destroy their argument. It can’t be top 10 if it’s stolen. Also, you work with bugmen and you’re probably one too so fuck off back to r*ddit.

mobile.twitter.com/theblackboyblog/status/1010984153213530115/video/1

Attached: 6A2A5E26-CA22-4B5F-A0DA-A92451E3AEC3.jpg (680x487, 64K)

It's mumblerap bullshit and a literal ripoff at that. Go figure that a nigger blaming all the inherit traits of niggerdom on geography would be set to mediocre music. But hey, there's dancing!

No, they are just brainwashed retards. The shit they call music today is forgotten after a month after its release. Meanwhile, the classics from centuries and decades ago are played over and over again.

>They straight up told me that black music today is much more powerful than black music back then, because its shed its "white roots".
In their head only dancing monkey barbershop quartets made music for the amusement of whitey
Blues/Jazz never happened or it's "too white"

If anything, modern day black music is the (((Whitest))) ever

I never saw this vid or heard the song

The song's ((((message)))) is shit, but its catchy

>180026704

Attached: 1504306953985.jpg (4128x3608, 3.81M)

Based leaf is correct

Checked for truth and accuracy except I'd add that rap/thug culture was also used to corrupt White kids and promote White degeneracy.

Attached: 1531240099333s.jpg (124x119, 3K)

Sounds like you need to associate with different people

(((Work group)))
Where do you work?

Michael Jackson was black and he made better music than any other black did, I bet this will stand true throughout my lifetime

You will be spared on the day of the rake. Let no one think otherwise.

If hip-hop were to really shed its "white roots", it would have to become completely acoustic with no electronical elements in it whatsoever, no sampling, no drum machines, no tonal harmony. It would have to become african tribal music just with added rapping on top.

This

What's catchy about it? There's no melody to remember. It's just some bursts of mumbled phrases, then a generic gospel part, then more mumbling, all accompanied by a cheap and plastic sounding beat.

Show them his "all foreigners are rapists" sketch and see if they have the same opinion about him. Just for the lulz.

If this story is real those kids should jump into traffic.... music is more then what's a hot topic issue at the time.

It's a smart production, but only when you put it with the video, and only because it manages to call out monkey-ism subliminally enough that SJWs have no room to shit on it

The song is just bad. You could argue maybe that the video combined with the song has some kind of message, but most liberals seem to have missed what that message was. But in a vacuum the song is pretty awful.

It's a shitty song. What is the song without the video? And the video is aimed at white liberal guilt.

You're watching a civilization in decline
Obviously blacks today don't make better music than before
Bhad Bhabie can make millions rapping, and she's a 14 yr old girl with no experience
Its a fucking joke

>shed its (((white roots)))
Uh huh

Attached: 1531856019817m.jpg (996x1024, 197K)

>Do you niggers today make better music than blacks in the 70's, 60's, and 50's?
They made pretty good music during those years than they could possibly hope to make today, end of story

>top 10 greatest songs ever written
They meant that afternoon in the (((music))) factory.

Is the whole song not about black people in America booning out and causing their own destruction based on their choices? I applaud his bravery, as a black man, to point out the obvious to his fellow hethens

>because its shed its "white roots".
Lol, most hip hop artists are systematically engineered by Jewish producers, so I guess they were right about that part, at least.

I live in a hyper liberal city and my (non pleb) coworkers DESPISE modern black """music""". Even some of the black ones.

I have never been accused of racism because I called out how shit modern pop music is.

no the song is about nothing. it is as vague as possible on purpose

It's about how white people kill black people and the media distracting the people from the poverty blacks live in

youtube.com/watch?v=ErN8JDGjrHQ

>Leaf
>Not shitposting
What have the world become?

Attached: 1529961388799.jpg (550x705, 31K)

>because its shed its "white roots"
Groid music wasn't whiter in the past though, other than sharing some roots in hymnal music, but you could easily say that the approaches to mixing and sampling are as "white" as the structured formats adapted for Negro spirituals and shit.

Listen to Marvin Gaye What's goin' on.

Fuck off, Schlomo. Nobody here is clicking your shitty video.

youtu.be/jzSlw5Zm6gw

Most modern music is (((record producer))) propaganda

Attached: 20033.jpg (261x195, 13K)

ey nigga there is good black music too
youtube.com/watch?v=1eoSanFCU-M
youtube.com/watch?
v=x0fFzqX_Xgo
youtube.com/watch?v=WrsFXgQk5UI

Attached: lil uzi grammys.jpg (634x1024, 62K)

Shiiiieeeeet...
Black people used to make really good music.
Blues, jazz even funk were the bomb.
I would say that things started to go south during the 90's.

Notice it's a black guy who does all the shooting.

checked & woke

Attached: pimp-c-pimpin-aint-dead.jpg (420x420, 63K)

never listened to it before now, literally cringed through the entire fucking thing. it's straight up bad
actually good modern rap/hip hop: youtube.com/watch?v=zCn_8eJ8x6M

I hope they catch Uzi slipping next all these soundcloud faggots getting BTFO has been hilarious

You really, really think Donald Glover thinks that? Or does he think all black problems are because of wypipo?

They just like the music video a lot cause they guzzle kike cum. The song itself is unbearable to listen to

he obviously doesn't think either of those things and doesn't give a shit, but knows enough to make some vague """artsy""" nigger shit to milk libcucks and groids for money, very successfully

I literally can not understand what he's saying beyond "This is America" and "I'm so pretty". What monkey talk is this?

>Am I just out of touch, or is modern """culture""" just fucking retarded.
To be honest I don't think it's either, I know plenty of people who don't like it. I just think your co-workers are fucking morons. Or they're virtue signaling.

That song sucks.

>stand by me
>not kiss and say goodbye, this is a mans world, when a man loves a woman or tell it like it is.
I mean, yeah, stand by me is a good song. But there are so many better examples.

This. As soon as they sperate further than traditional African music and the delta blues they have started to get bleached. Makes me think of that Jewish producer from Str8 Outta Compton

yup. niggers being retarded... it must be a CIA conspiracy!

The hardest pill to swallow is the acceptance that we're officially in a full blown clown world and have been for a while.

>Is this what people really think?
Yes and no. People want to justify their extremely shitty taste in music and virtue signal. They probably thought what you did that but their need to virtue signal outweighed their need to be truthful.

>Do you niggers today make better music than blacks in the 70's, 60's, and 50's?
No. Most people today have been raised around simple and repeating various pitch bass beats. Simplistic beats are often the most attractive to baser people because they're easy to remember and easy to move to
>Have you ever noticed you can take ANY modern dance style and play ANY popular song to it and it'll fit really well?
The lyrics to these basic songs also appeal to baser people who don't care for the content as much as they do it supplementing the beats. Or the lyrics are so simplistic they can be understood by a general audience and apply to people in nearly any situation.

Black music in the 50's-70's used principles of music developed by white Europeans to make their own genre and sound. They are/were often simpler than white music but still were based off of principles one had to master. For example, I don't find Jazz to be that appealing but for a whole band to borderline ad-lib and be in perfect sync is something that requires a level of musical mastery to achieve where as I can throw down any basic beat and some nigger can write a whole song to it in 10 seconds.

Attached: 1396371544806.jpg (715x722, 67K)

Congrats you work with utter retards, anyone with half a brain knows that the peak of black music is Vontel's seminal masterwerk, 'Say Playa'.

Yep. Not a single one of them would have even heard of this album or appreciate it. Yet they are fawning over literal modern day version of shucking jiving minstrels.

Attached: Black music not jew music.jpg (220x205, 10K)

Because niggers werent always like that. Jazz, blues, soul and were great. Required a lot of musical talent, and songs had thoughtful lyrics with real messages.

Stand up to it. We have kept quiet too long. Don't let people bully you. I had a class where we talked about it. If they ask again tell everyone he ripped off the beat from someone else and used his new movie roll to spring board.

You know that nigger kang didn't write 'stand by me'
that lame song was written by a couple of kikes

This. Keep the beat, the everything, just change the lyrics and narrative to pro-nazi and people would think the song is awful

Your coworkers are figuratively retarded. Donald Glover producers disposable pop that will not be remembered in 5 years.

The song is garbage. I still listen to some of his older stuff: Sweatpants, Bonfire, and Freaks and Geeks are all good. This was just bad, race baiting "oh, black culture/America is so messed up ;____;" tripe.

Kanye used to do the same thing before he went off the deep end- so do a lot of rappers. It's not deep, it's just a money grab off shallow thinking retards.

from the very hour it was released, youtube was shilling it EVERYWHERE

every single persons recommended video list contained it, with absolutely no exception

i have never seen shilling so hard for something as stupid as a fucking song, in my entire god damn life

theres no doubt in my mind that its popularity is from it being shoved in everyones face from day 1

why the fuck does no one else remember this, or did no one else fucking notice?

i remember people on Jow Forums noticing it obviously, it was fucking insane how much it was shilled

i was talking about how it was being recommended fucking everywhere at a friends house when lo and behold, he scrolls down on youtube and there it fucking was, even though it isnt related to any of the other shit he watches

Yes.
Black music then
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ko9TpduOhE
youtube.com/watch?v=ad6EL-qTGl8

Black music now
youtube.com/watch?v=s90NUW4RSJU

>DIS IS AMURICA

What a genius. Best song ever. If you disagree then you must be careful grand wizard of the ku Klux klan.

The opposite actually. Ben had an acapella version of the song. Then some jews convinced him to sing it to their music, and then they ripped him off and took the lion's share of the profit.

dude nearly all of these modern rappers have a bunch of white sound engineers producing their backtracks for them

these cucks are fucking morons who know nothing about music or the industry

I meant no, fuck me

Attached: mass (((culture))).jpg (518x576, 71K)

Not just the shitty song that sounds like millions of other nigger music, but the gay ass dancing is just annoying

youre right this song is fucking trash poop dee scoop has more of a basis in reality

no but unironicaly there is still really good black music
youtube.com/watch?v=r4l9bFqgMaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XiUa-zBQFAs

Attached: frank-ocean-blond-compressed-0933daea-f052-40e5-85a4-35e07dac73df.jpg (480x480, 23K)

black music "back then" was fucking amazing, GOAT.

Stop worrying about your reputation among stupid assholes.

You sound old.

Just say you don’t discuss with dumb people and go on with your life.

Louis Armstrong - What a wonderful word

Why cant niggers make music like that any more?

>this is jewish propaganda with fake youtube likes

Attached: indexk.png (250x202, 8K)

People get emotionally invested in music and it relates really thinly to its musical quality.
Of course intense human topics get in the way of their opinion. If a song resonates with something important in their mind, bam, it's a top tier song.
This is where most of the nostalgia goggles find their root when time passes by.
So you were right and you made a point, they are just confused with what's happening politically and socialy in the USA (like everybody else who isn't a neet poltard who relies on memes to get an opinion).
pic unrelated

Attached: 06 - 4UHKuGh.jpg (395x480, 52K)

>N-no goyim this song isn't terrible, you just don't understand it! You are supposed to be offended, stop finding humor in this song you fucking racist goyim.

Jews had to rely on the media to tell everyone to stop making memes about that song, its trash, and he isn't even the guy that came up with it I bet it was pitched by (((some composer and record label))) fishing for reactions and a (((musical debait)))

Attached: 1495014311129.png (510x507, 40K)

and rap wasnt this retarded some 20 years back,
even gangsta rap had meaningful lyrics, now its literally nigguh-uh-uh-bitches-hoes-money-yo

>ghetto thug rap culture was a cia mindfuck to wreck the blacks
I don't know, I used to have that Willie Dixon boxed set and nearly every song that nigger wrote for other nigger artists to perform was probably as "gangsta" back then as most of this nigger shit is today, only more subtle. That whole boxed set was also used as a basis for all kinds of boomer 70's classic rock like Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=s0aIjyX7vwI

The video clearly riffs on USA's stupid obsession over guns over human life.

You'll appreciate it when you listen to the proper version.

>>>youtube.com/watch?v=UYkgYPPDYM8

Attached: thisisamericameme.png (995x838, 495K)

>Is this what people really think?
Protip: Americans don't think.

>Wasn't even in the top 100,000 songs
There's no way you've listened to 100,000 songs to know that user

Shed its white roots? The niggers still can't stop naming themselves after italian mafioso. This guy is a fucking nigger. A mooli. They don't even like niggers and it's hilarious to see so many rappers try to use their names.

What's weirder is this is supposed to be some super progressive shit and the nigger still had to take a five families moniker. Niggers have no culture.

Are we right to assume that most of your coworkers are basic bitches and sjws? Their opinions and taste only stretch as far as their radios and TVs allows them to.

for whatever reason most people love things that suck shit through 10 bricks. I havent been able to figure it out.

I figure to do the opposite of what the majority recommends to stay sane. Books, movies, music, games. Whenever a ton of people recommend something, it blows donkey dick.

>actually good modern rap/hip hop
More like
>music for bitch niggas
No wonder a Swede would recommend emasculated numale music as the thing. You need to let your nuts hang freely.

Yes, it has shed its white roots, and that is why it is repetitive, primitive shite. At least they're half-way to seeing black music for what it is.

Nah, you just work with a lot of jews

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Glover

I just looked up this artist because I thought, hey how strange, that guy looks quite like the guy in Atlanta.

It is him. The guy has a unduly successful music and acting career. just look how many opportunities, roles and awards have been thrown at him from 2006 up until now. Anyone who believes black people are oppressed or disadvantaged still is mentally ill.

Literally this: lyndonlarouche.org/larouche-jazz.pdf

Sounds like you work with retards. Black music hasn’t “shed its roots”, it’s lost it’s roots to Jewish influence. “This is America” is a shitty song with a decent video, nothing more than that.