Women can't cope with their STEM careers

But feminists still want more women in STEM fields. When will women realize that they're been had?

Source: campusreform.org/?ID=11160

Attached: Women - STEM depression.png (929x529, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G3nVwrSk1p4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How the fuck do you get all the way through a phd program before figuring out that stem isn't for you? jfc

By sucking cocks left and right so that you can get good grades?

STEM careers produce amoral douchbags who are unable to love others or be loved by someone else. It's not a mystery why the more emotionally connected gender, women, cannot handle being turned into monsters for a few shekels more than their peers.

Isn't this what you wanted Stemlords? Congrats, you have a lock on being godless, amoral sacks of rat feces.

Outside of psychology, a PhD is pointless outside of academia/research. Also, I'm pretty sure biology and chemistry PhD programs are dominated by women

I married an autistic goblina woman who is working in academia in a STEM field. Literally all she thinks about is research. We have 2 kids and she is pregnant with another. I am a stay at home dad and she wants nothing to do with her children or me most of the time. She isnt mean just completely obsessed with research- totally autistic. She excels, but I can see how typical females would never have a chance in STEM in academia. This bitch will spend 14 hours in the lab then come home and say she feels sick and I will say "have you eaten?" and her face will get screwed up for a minute and realize she hasn't eaten for 2 days. immediately goes to gorge on hotdogs, hotpockets, microwave burritos etc until I make her something. its a sight to behold. completely autistic.

PhDs don't work like that. There aren't any grades to meet. It's like having a job.

As an aside (and one which doesn't really apply to PhDs), the way feminists are selling the whole STEM shit is never going to work. Why? Because they're trying to push it from a 'celebrity' perspective. The only reason they're interested in tech now is because it's glamorous and pays well and they think they ought to have a piece. This is doomed to failure because while it is glamorous at the high end and it can pay well, it takes a hell of a lot of hard work to learn skills that you just can't wing.

It's like arguing that rock bands need more female members when women won't learn to play the guitar.

>Productive people are meanies
I don't know why you imagined this scenario, but pump the breaks a little.

An ostensibly smart wmen I know recently told me “we need more women in STEM” to which I replied “If men and women are the same, what does it matter how they identify? If we need more professionals in these (or any other) field, shouldn’t we want the people who are passionate about the subject and have the greatest potential to excel in it to study it?”

Crickets.

They don’t want women in STEM, they want women in high profile, high paying positions of authority. That’s all there is to it.

why did you do this to yourself?

we are an effective team

>Oh no getting a stem degree means you actually have to work?!?!

I've had similar discussions, they all looked at me like I said the moon was made of cheese. If they're super liberal they bring up the point, "we need different view points and backgrounds to find a better solution." Which, I've never seen strong evidence for in the highly liberal field of sociology.
You cannot ask: "Why are we so focused on diversity instead of best results?" Without putting a target on your back for any of these idiots.

>80 hour weeks with 24/7 mental tax, boss is always communicating with you outside of the lab
>get paid maybe 30K a year before taxes, usually less depending on what size city you're in
>after you get your degree industry jobs expect long hours too, you just make slightly more money
>academia/post-doc routes pay shit on top of being insanely competitive
>trying to balance being a professor/lab manager while also having a family means 4 hours of sleep/night

I'm a dude who admittedly went to grad school because I liked my undergrad research and didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, and mastering out of my program was the best decision of my life. I got two papers to my name and have been a TA while I figure out what I want to do. I make $50 less per month but only work 20 hours a week for 8 months out of the year. Grad school in the US is shit. From what I've heard Euros have much, much cushier grad school experiences with actual time off, real lunch breaks, etc. Is grad school a good move if you love research and are an actual workaholic? Sure. But that is a very small portion of the scientific community.

I should add too, the whole idea of "we need different ideas" is insane. Doesn't that kind of mean a man could never make a product for a woman?
These retards don't realize that is what market research is. Or they do, and still pushing their ideas anyways.

>mastering out of my program was the best decision of my life
Makes me feel a little better. I'm throwing in the towel after two years, and i went for the same reasons you did.
Having a boss that was gone five months of the year didnt help, either

Frankly this is what most figure out on bachelor, whether they have chosen the right path for them selves or not I mean. When you have completed your PhD after all those years and finally starts to work and get depressed and want out, I suspect there are other reasons for women
>They have wasted all these years at school
>...and they still don't have a baby
>they are now getting old, biological clock is ticking
>harder to get men now...
>panic
Think this is what we are looking at. Also turns out, having a PhD is not a quality men look for in a woman like they do with men. Turns out men aren't gold diggers, they just want a woman to be the mother of their children which will focus on that and not some career nobody cares about.

Basically I think we're looking at reality sinks in

Women do what they're told and follow society. If the for the last 20 years of your life you were in school and told to go to school, the idea of not continuing school seems foreign and wrong.

Anyone with half a brain can tell you the reason why, but that doesn't mean they will accept it.

Imagine being in a class full of the opposite gender. They work hard and blow through the curriculum. Then there is you, a woman who is having trouble understanding and even though your classmates are willing to help, you're slowly being left behind. Eventually the gap will become so large between you and your peers, that you'll start questioning why you even bothered and your ego takes a HUGE hit. Then you're reminded of your outrageous student debt.

This is why.

PhDs over here are massively different; they have a standard duration of 3-4 years (assuming you do it full-time) after which you're expected to submit your thesis and defend it and there's no 'teaching' component (although you can volunteer for that shit to make some cash if you want).

Standard path here is Bachelors degree with Honours (3 years FT in England, 4 years FT in Scotland) then a postgrad Masters (1 year FT), then a PhD (3 years FT).

>women demand *thing*
>get *thing*
>women realize they don't want *thing*
>women demand other *thing*

Wow, its almost like nature adapted humans to this degree of sexual dimorphism so we'd fill entirely different roles, and trying to fill a role your brain isn't wired for leads to a never ending cycle of want.
Women are home makers, care takers. They aren't cut out to be peer competitors in all areas of the work force. There are few exceptions who are truly great, but they are nowhere near the average.
You can't cave to a child's demands. A parent has to know whats best for the child. So too must a man not cave to a woman's demands. Thats how nature made us.

But but but but but but but women are smarter than men.

The future is female!

Here it is 3 years on paper, but everyone uses more than that.

And yes, you are actually forced to teach which is why those 3 years often seem to drag out a bit. It was kinda funny. I started working after my bachelor, but I went back for my masters a few years later while still working fulltime. My mate from bachelor was now taking his PhD, so he had to teach in one of my master courses. Really weird shit. It was also a course where I knew a lot more about the subject than him, because I had worked in the field before. Kinda funny he asked me all the time during class.
>So user... that's the best way right? Or is there something new that I have missed now?
No I haven't had time for this lately, so you are right, and no I don't think there is something better right now

“Diversity is our strength.” Is not an argument. The same person that tells you that a wide diversity of view points and backgrounds creates better solutions will yell at you for suggesting that diversity of thought is more important than diversity of skin color and identity.

They don’t care about better solutions or better outcomes. What they care about is them and theirs getting free stuff they haven’t earned.

a woman's degree/paycheck doesn't get a man's dick hard.

People don't really go in PhDs for the money here

Wow, I didn't think of this, but this really must be it. Which only adds onto feelings of inferiority they already probably have (and a lot of men do too).

>“Diversity is our strength.”
... is nothing more than cultural marxist propaganda with ill intent.
Diversity is not strength, diversity causes divisions and breaks down a unified homogeneous society.

While here everyone atm goes
>What why shouldn't we have free health care and education for all?
after the homogeneous society breaks you will go
>Why the hell should I pay for the health care and education of others [niggers, shitskins, people not of my greater tribe]! FUCK THEM! LET THEM ROT
this is the result and eventually it will happen here too
kek true
Same here too first of you are "secured" for life, meaning you get neet bux for just sitting on your ass doing nothing, but really not enough to survive though. However when hired you ofc get shitloads of shekels on top of that. Sadly though it's going to be used up, so many people take their PhD now. I almost did my self, but I quit I would have been done theoretically this year but more like it the next. First you had to take a bachelor, then that was inflated, so now you needed a masters... then then was getting inflated so now everyone soon needs a PhD.... and then what, what is a PhD worth then?

Memorize a lot of stuff and be completely incompetent on how to apply it in real life.

I always argue the “diversity is our strength” point by replying with “Oh, I agree. We absolutely need more short white people in the NBA.” Or, if they’re slightly more intelligent, “Oh, I agree. We absolutely need more men teaching in primary education.” Or, worst case, “Oh, I agree... there’s a trans woman working the bar I go to... she’s got a great rack AND can carry a keg on her shoulder. She replaced three cishet women’s jobs and now their staff costs are so low they dropped the price of beers by $2! It’s great!’

Nor here. It's a fire in the belly thing. Average salary for a professor here ('professor' as a term is a senior academic role in the UK, unlike the US) is around 70k and you typically don't get promoted to a professorship until you're in your mid-40s. If you have an advanced STEM degree (especially in something quantitative) you could be earning that 3 years after your PhD if you go into the private sector.

Sunk cost fallacy. After a decade in school and all those women in technology lectures you posted about to your virtue signaling social media, there's no way you could back out and start a family like you really want. Just keep going. Too invested at this point.

>you typically don't get promoted to a professorship until you're in your mid-40s

Now that I think about it, this is probably a bit optimistic. Say around 50.

Not quite.

It's literally that school is primarily a function of memorization, which women are good at. Once you move on to the real world where application is more important than memorization, they utterly fail.

he struck NEET gold.

My roommate has a newer PI who is pre-tenure and I swear if I were in that lab I might have blown my brains out. He gets home after I'm in bed and is gone before I wake up. Having a boss who has 3 kids and has been a PI since 1992 and doesn't give a fuck about anything because he has clout was the saving grace of my grad school experience.

Same in America. I got a Ph.D in Computational Chemistry. I thought I wanted to go the academic route, but post-doc positions paid around 40k and only had a year contract. Decided to check for normal job listings instead, and now I make $70k/yr as a software engineer at Raytheon.

I guess women finally figured out why their husbands tended towards alcoholism and premature balding back when women got to stay at home and enjoy themselves all day while their husband had to go to the factory/office and slave away to earn the household's bread. The idea of "Working" sure looked fun to the silver-spoon heiress flappers who led the feminist movement, though!

Stay at home dad/mom is one of the comfiest jobs.

Idk in Europe, but they are called adjuncts professors here. Unless they get an R&D job or something unrelated to their field, this is the path. They get paid like 8-15k a semester and have no job security. Tenured professors and administration have secure jobs that pay well.

Newsflash: engineering is boring and sucks. Like drillers and electricians, engineers, scientists and other researchers are fundamental to keeping society functioning but it's often boring and sometimes dangerous work. Being a young line engineer, even with boobs, sucks since you are at the bottom of the totem pole.

>But feminists still want more women in STEM fields.
Personally I prefer them in wheat fields.

This. Thank god I got the right PI. Also everyone in my group (chemical engineering) has found industry positions.

The hiring managers ive met like that im an American white male, unironically, with them claiming to be sick of going through thousands of unqualified resumes from Asian countries.

I do not know the median age here and so, have really never thought about it so much. However it's a few years ago now, but first my mate got his professorshit at 30 or 31 I think. Then later another mate of mine got at the same university, non stem though, he was 31 one too.

Both are rather famous though, last one just locally and maybe the uk but I doubt it(political science guy specialized in uk affairs). Other guy has been a star since day 1, been in cern multiple times and everything he has already written tons of pulications and books and is one hell of a coder and ml guy. I must admit, I come short with this guy on most shit now. We used to compete all the time when we were younger. We learned to code together. He took the school way straight, while I quit many times for working and came back and took new degrees.

When I had ml at my masters, he was already a professor in that on another campus. I asked my teacher if he knew him, he was lit start struck... Fuuu you know that guy! He is fucking good. And this teacher he was like old senior ml expert

>primarily a function of memorization,
No. Obedience. Boys are just as good at memorization, just less obedient.

youtube.com/watch?v=G3nVwrSk1p4

You'd be surprised how hard some teachers push STEM at any cost to girls. It's not even about following dreams, it's "do it because more representation" and shit like that.

Based.

>women in STEM
pic related.

They completely made-up their data by stealing images from google image search. They ran irrelevant statistical tests incorrectly on said fake data. They had over a month to do this project and did nothing. They received a passing grade. I took this pic.

Attached: roastengineering.jpg (5312x3412, 1.96M)

>force people into degree programs that aren't a good fit
>they feel stupid, depressed, unhappy, and drop out
>oy vey let's put even more women in STEM

the absolute state of (((academia)))

Attached: file.png (830x900, 224K)

You could have removed the caption and I would have thought that's an image from a middle school science fair.

Attached: 1506127547993.png (545x500, 33K)

jesus christ, user.

Attached: 1530024075404.gif (218x228, 1024K)

Wow, who would've thought that the gender that thrives on social interaction would become depressed when stuck at a computer all day.

The fuck. My high school senior project was 10 times better than that, and I did it entirely the night before because I was already versed on the topic.

>Microbiology major with dreams of med school
>Human anatomy is my life
>I want to be a surgeon so bad it destroyed my relationship of eight years because I was never home
>I work full time on top of going to school full time, I'm home maybe long enough to sleep
>mfw surrounded by my peers who are going to be "doctors" who are mind numblingly retarded
>This fucking nigger kept calling the stomach the heart and somehow he was always right there next to me in all of my classes as years went by
>More than half of my peers gave up or switched majors after two or three semesters
>I'm the weird one for following my passion and not wanting to be a radiologist "where the money is"
>People who visit my house are confused when I have those medical models you see at hospitals as my living room decorations, I once paid $400 for a model heart you can open up and see all the cool stuff inside

Being a medfag is suffering

Attached: 1402171723287.jpg (460x391, 43K)

Well, using myself as an example, I only found out I hate the software development industry during my placement year (after 2 years of uni + 3 years tech). The environment, workload, system complexity, etc of work is completely different from academia.

So I can see someone getting all the way to a PhD without knowing what the industry's like.

>medfag
enjoy your memorization routine, degrading standards, niggers on cruise control, and being an actual retard who's only job is to make the hospital money by shoving pharmas down your patients' throats when diet and exercise would solve 99.99999% of their problems.

i work with doctors regularly and i am thoroughly unimpressed with them

Think all off us would have been pretty depressed too, if we had to do nursing all day. It would be so unnatural, you would feel so worthless. Most chicks here become nurses actually, that's like their biggest field, their natural instinct.

It is a big difference between the sexes you know, something that the (((media))) and their (((kikes))) try to brainwash the chicks into there is not. Nursing is an example of a job they can do while still having babies as they never work full days anyways either, at least not here. Both my sisters are nurses, goes ok with small children

i do not doubt this happened as you described, but may i enquire as to why crickets are relevant? were you outdoors? i see this 'crickets' thing all the time on Jow Forums and know i'm missing something.

Teach us anons about the psychology of doctors, I get the feeling they are algorithmic technicians with little wisdom or humanity. I'm still trying to understand how something as backwards and depraved as pic related was allowed to flourish.

Attached: 1524192869896.png (823x551, 551K)

>diet and exercise would solve 99.99999% of their problems

underrated post

It is an American term for something being so quiet, you can hear crickets chirping outside

yep
there are actually people who think society benefits from *mere* representation rather than actual results
as long as things LOOK good in their eyes, that's all that matters

My wife literally went into the healthcare field and works at a hospital, and loves it. Social interaction, gets to help people. I'm a Software Engineer and work from home, because I like being left the hell alone.

It's natural to both genders. But according to Jews, genders are a social construct!

Women want to be in STEM until they figure out what STEM really is.

Hiding in the basement of a Chemistry building's basement at the University of Massachusetts for the next 30 years of your career, filling out paperwork to abide by Federal GASB DOH grant funding guidelines isn't too glamorous

Women want to show up at 9am, talk to coworkers until 10am and spend the rest of their day playing on their cellphone and browsing Shopify and Poshmark/Pinterest to see what other women are wearing.

working alongside women is the most painful thing about society, you know from Day #1 that they will NEVER pull their weight, then they always get the phonecall at noontime some day that little Johnny fell off the swings at school and is in the ER and they rush out of the office crying and take the next 3 days off - and who do you think gets to then do all of that workload ??? you guessed it - a guy.

to be honest with you... I really do get this.

My background is a bit different. I first dropped out of highschool because I was headhunted for a coding job. Worked there for three years had to leave for mil, came back did bachelor.... blogpost

anyways I knew what I was heading for, but I have seen people lit get a shock over this, because most places really suck ass to work at. And here is the point, as you say you come from academia and expect an academic setting, which frankly you should. Unfortunately most companies are run by babyboomers with no education used to cowboy coding shooting from the hip rather than making shit properly. Fast fast faster fast! Then they outsource.. omg you have to deal with pajet code on top of everything and you just want to fucking tear all your hear off due to all these imbiciles everywhere.

I get that, because today most places are just like that. And here is however the thing. Get your PhD, then you can start to work at ultra comfy places which follows your academic standard, at least close by. No code monkey shit, you do not even need a fucking highschool diploma for that.

No I see it, but SW is very different from all other stem fields here.

Also, start your own shit as soon as possible, throw the boomer in the oven they are like chains on your leg. Always in the way, never listen, never learn, never contribute to anything

Not politics please delete mods.

It's obviously because of misogyny and harrashment. Fucking incels.

>It's like having a job
So sucking cocks left and right

Definitely this. Whenever our kids get sick she wants to rush home from work and take days off work. Like WTF. It's a cold, gets kid colds. And I work from home. Why do you need to take off work? I end up taking care of them at home AND working on those sick days.

This shit isn't hard.

been working with a cow for 2 years, all she does is watch youtube, stay on twitter and talk on the phone with her friends. She had the odacity to call me a kiss ass after i got promoted to lab chief because she was "working' there for 12 years and she deserved it more.

>being an actual retard who's only job is to make the hospital money by shoving pharmas down your patients' throats when diet and exercise would solve 99.99999% of their problems.
I'm a 25 year old boomer who has to shuttle my 90 year old grandmother to and from her doctor's appointments, and this is basically 100% what her doctors do. Her entire existence is basically centered around her being a paypig for the local doctors who run charge medicaid + her health insurance for all the useless tests & medications they throw at her, when in reality, she doesn't want to admit that drinking 3 sodas a day, 2 cups of coffee a day, no water, and eating nothing but greasy+salty+fried food will fuck your health up. All they do is prescribe her high blood pressure meds + thyroid meds because of her shitty fucking diet. She complains about her lack of mobility, when in reality its because she's never exercised in her 90-year-long life.

I'm genuinely 100% convinced that there is no god after witnessing this unhealthy spiteful woman live to be almost 100 years old off of a lifelong diet of "drinkin pepsi & eating pork chops" with NO exercise whatsoever.

Attached: 1519675153230.jpg (268x442, 20K)

work in a field that is mentally demanding and highly critical of failure. in STEM things aren't relative and you get no pat on the back for simply being competent. few women are able to emotionally cope with the intense stress and challenges of the job. some can but they are the exception not the rule

Muh student loans
The only college degrees worth getting are STEM
You'll only get a job if you're in STEM
Not realizing far more PhDs are granted than professor positions available
Not realizing they will have to compete with Indian and Chinese PhDs for entry level STEM work
Not realizing tech is in a super heated bubble
Endless "you go grrrlll" propaganda

Sounds absolutely cushy

>working alongside women is the most painful thing about society, you know from Day #1 that they will NEVER pull their weight, then they always get the phonecall at noontime some day that little Johnny fell off the swings at school and is in the ER and they rush out of the office crying and take the next 3 days off

Attached: 1502694003922.jpg (576x576, 243K)

>The only college degrees worth getting are STEM
This is not true

honestly it happens, I don't have PHD in STEM,but I spent my last 15years as sysadmin/compsec...I would love to get out since it's all just too tiresome (incompetent colleagues/leaders,high coffeine nightshifts,oncall duty with high stress lvl because downtime is millions$/hour,pointless changes to tech you have to learn over and over again with new releases or when vendor is changed for another....), but I just don't know how, have a family to feed...any other job would be at most 1/2 the pay I get now.Being single or married WOMAN one could get out easily...so they do.Married men have responsibility, there is no such luxury for us.

If this was true then they wouldn't quit stem.

I'm pretty sure at least half of the male posters on here would be househusbands to an autistic workaholic wife.

>They don’t want women in STEM, they want women in high profile, high paying positions of authority. That’s all there is to it.
It's more about wanting white men out of those positions. Explains the endless endless immigration too

Ban STEM?

Attached: 1518111283164.png (1266x1010, 187K)

Da wei. U know it.

Attached: he knows de wei.png (1280x1280, 1006K)

Attached: 1491425856722.jpg (1334x694, 530K)

Molecular biology means DNA related research. There is nothing molecular about that poster.

Thank God. Maybe they will totally lose interest, and we can move into a renaissance.

Attached: Untitled.png (651x483, 9K)

I'm sorry your grades weren't good enough for a PhD program user

>Pointless outside of academia

A PhD will give you a 6 figure starting salary

Jeez user that can't be good for your baby

>She had the odacity to call me a kiss ass after i got promoted to lab chief because she was "working' there for 12 years and she deserved it more.
Women think "working" is simply "being employed".

When you fall for the feminism meme, anything is possible

Attached: 1494175628705.jpg (887x2141, 660K)

Kek, that is very succinctly put.

kek, fukken saved

Attached: 1522362741486.jpg (414x474, 50K)

>Not realizing far more PhDs are granted than professor positions available
This is the kicker. I couldn't get a job doing literally anything at my university with a masters in kinesiology, I even applied for a bunch of custodial and maintenance jobs. And they wanted me to go for the PhD, when almost all of the professors had PhDs in different fields. Wouldn't retire until they were dying (too old to drive but getting rides to and from campus)

Nope.jpeged myself out as soon as funding was gone and I'm going for a bachelors in electrical engineering

Universities are such scams, most doctoral and masters students do all the research and professors work 20 hours a week

Attached: pJAPSja.jpg (1334x709, 116K)

Research is just circle-jerking for nerds that goes nowhere. A lot of papers are just hot garbage that's called modern (((SCIENCE))).

Awww sweetie did you fail calc 1?

kys shill, you're describing finance guys

>A PhD will give you a 6 figure starting salary
So will certain Technical fields in high demand.