What happened to sub-cultures, like the goth kids, the emo kids and the skaters?

What happened to sub-cultures, like the goth kids, the emo kids and the skaters?

Why are 2010-2018 teenagers so plain?

Attached: emo.png (1288x1600, 981K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I6kfin-UeAQ&list=RDI6kfin-UeAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9sTQ0QdkN3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UCCyoocDxBA
youtube.com/watch?v=yPNFVj-pISU
youtube.com/watch?v=yPBk4nM4eXg
youtu.be/GhlDIPgvFBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

internet killed them

easier to be bullied now?

They were still around during the Myspace days.

Their media representation was replaced with minority representation.

Those cultures died and all of this types of music with it
>youtube.com/watch?v=I6kfin-UeAQ&list=RDI6kfin-UeAQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=9sTQ0QdkN3Q
>youtube.com/watch?v=UCCyoocDxBA

Maybe Gen Z is learning to not be sad degenerates and be wholesome and mature for once.

Attached: 1520188463281.jpg (800x1016, 713K)

But why did they die off? Every teenager now just seems to be bland and plain. They don't seem to 'live' their subcultures. Sure they might dress 'nerdy hipster' or 'hippie festival goer' but it's just clothes deep or specific to certain situations.

SJWs appropriated emo, goth, metal culture. They infiltrated and ruined them. It's more counter cultural now to look normal.

>it's just clothes deep
It always been just the outside that was different.

Do girls still only wear north face jackets and yoga pants or have they moved on to a new uniform

The massification of social media made all teenagers into one big group, no room for diverse tastes

this

I went through a somewhat "Goth" phase during a brief period of highschool. Our little group met in the mornings and at lunch in the courtyard, the same spot everyday to meet and in a way pay homage to the popular goth girl
(This is autistic but I want to get this off my chest)
her friend dated the "Cool" Goth guy who was a fucking loser but all us underlings worshipped them. This bitch was a huge fucking slut who actually went around the schoolyard one week asking random guys (mostly in the Goth circle) their dick sizes.

not going to go on, it's a fucking shit story--but just wanted to say I loved and hated that time in my life.

Subcultures are dead, mostly because of the Internet.

The media has also taken full control over teenagers, much MUCH more so than 15 years ago.

this

>It's more counter cultural now to look normal.
you mean kinda like how Jow Forums became counter cultural by believing in god and having morals?

Attached: 1410208696059.jpg (1280x960, 239K)

>Part of the 'normie/sports brigade' in high school
>Always wanted to hook up with a qt emo chick
>tfw not dark, brooding, or stylish enough

Watch Knights of Sidonia
It is about degenerate generation who did all sort of crazy shit to their kids
Made clones, biological trannies, degenerate human photosynthesizer mixed thier genes with Aliens...
The kids becoming adults all struggle to find normalcy in the chaos they are born into.
You have to read the Menga to see the ending.

Attached: 1523825063787.gif (400x304, 1.95M)

It went out of fashion and now its instead about chopping your dick off, parading with dildos and obnoxious hair colors.

>youth subcultures are bad, goy. we all dance to the same global beat now. isnt it great?!

I miss Goth girls lads

Attached: 1532743982532.jpg (599x772, 69K)

this, now its rebellion not to get a tattoo

Because you don't need to emulate someone to enjoy their content.

15 years ago the internet made you deeper into whatever subculture you were.

Chick likes a very good band

Attached: loratee.jpg (800x800, 42K)

Whoa whoa whoa, generalizing a bit too much there bud.

Hopefully dead.
>"Look how broody and emotional I am. Oh wait, no I'm not I just like playing dressup."
Bunch of attention seeking faggots.

>Subcultures are dead, mostly because of the Internet.

I would have thought it would have increased them? you can speak to your subculture people from all over the world.
But it never happened.?
even chavs seem to be fading away now, and youth has become beige.

Please keep your private life to yourself.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-07-23-03h23m25s206.png (420x371, 179K)

Man I wish I gen X so bad! Imagine being an X'er in New York City in the 90s and shit was like Vampire The Masquerade instead of the nigger hip hop bullshit we have now.

I bet the 1985-2005 alternative/industrial/goth/numetal scene shit was the bomb.

youtube.com/watch?v=yPNFVj-pISU

I had a massive boner for goth grills, emo grills & synth grills 12 - 14 years ago. Even had an account for alternative meet ups with hot grills in Sweden. Took a ferry to sweden from here regularly to fuck them! What a time it was!

Exactly. To be revolutionarie today you have to be against revolution.

Multiculturalism has killed identity

Now it shines a light on the dumbest part of every subculture and drives you away...
Unless yer a total shitstain. Shitstains cant tell the difference between the mundane and the retarded.

>tfw missed my chance to hook up with a qt scene chick

Hold me bros

post her penis

Tumblr swallowed them up in the great lgbt sjw tsunami of 2009. The ones that resisted like me were outcasted and turned back into normalish people.

Ew, the dad obviously does stuff to the little girl, judging by his body language. Looks like the mother knows about it but drowns out her sorrows with alcohol, knowing she can't overpower him or tell anyone. All she can muster is a faint smile, as if to say "hang in there." Seems the son might be normal though.

Goths and skaters are still around but they're not as popular as they used to be, other subcultures like art-thots, swagfags, hipsters and whatever pic related is called have replaced them

Attached: 1526799072476.jpg (640x631, 149K)

corporatism won
youtube.com/watch?v=yPBk4nM4eXg

this post is innacurate, it was :$ not :3

30 year old boomer: the post

Attached: 1525333202482.jpg (381x353, 20K)

I got a blowjob from a cute goth chick in an antique, old church in Gamla Stan, Sweden called Storkyrkan when I was 19. That was a peculiar experience. I'm an old boomer degenerate now.

Attached: 1456644130123.jpg (854x859, 171K)

15 years ago the internet wasn't owned by 5 media companies.

Idk where you live, but here the metal scene is mostly right wing

Get help

It's sad that you likely believe this.

Most young people now have come to believe that this boring, banal sense of irony and nihilism is in some way cool or sexy. They think by obsessing over the tiniest detail in borderline identical clothing makes them astute, when in fact they're just making it easier for corporations to mass-produce the same dull shit for everybody, and have the shit-eaters defend it.

They pretend to be suicidal while they're secretly desperate to live, but they're so terrified of breaking rank that they're trapped in a circle of enforced mediocrity. Men spend their lives in the gym, women stare at their phones. They listen to what Spotify is paid to feed them, they watch films depending on who is in them, they don't read books.

Their knowledge of the world extends to celebrities and brands. Nature, science, mechanics, history, all is completely lost on them, despite having the greatest educational tool since the television in their pocket. 'Who cares about that shit?' they ask, then have a complete screaming meltdown when the aircon starts to drip.

I'm an oldfag compared to most of you, but my office is full of early-20s millenials, and they're insufferably boring. They talk about nothing, they know nothing, they speak like advertisements for Apple and Beats by Dre.

It's why I get annoyed as fuck when they tried to merge Generation Y into Millenials, have them all fall under the same banner. It's a disservice to GenY who still weren't completely polluted and programmed by Facebook, into nihilistic, self-hating, miserable little drones.

"White identity" and creating clans has lost its power since now the whole narrative revolves around blayiks and other nonwhites and what their problems and lives are about. Nonwhites have a lot less emotional breadth and hence they don't form these niche identity groups.

that's not a goth that a scene girl

Emo kids made the rest of the World associate Goth kids with them. No self respecting individual would ever want to be a whiny bitch like the Emo cunts, so the culture died.

you are conflating different kinds of "kids of today"
the ironic suicidal kind tend to be fat faggots

They become the sjw/transgender now

Everything to be edge i guess

Attached: 68a.jpg (400x366, 42K)

I did too, man. And still do, but they are so rare : / the Goths now are into shit like cat ears and cat / animal contacts and body painting shit. Fucking Furry cancer.

>tfw I had an emo/scene gf just before they went extinct and I nutted inside her virgin pussy

I think I've still got all her "rawr

>straya
i dont think he meant it, fren

This. I used to be full on metal head, played shows, got the girls, partied hard... then it all became so boring and fucking gay. Now I'm like some straight edge fuck.

The new gen of teen are mutts

Attached: 1521750947180.jpg (490x676, 24K)

skateboard culture is still going strong. it's gentrified like a lot of other things but still a pretty core scene.

yeah because you can find some hardcore shit in fucking germany dude. You honestly think it's like that in Orange County or some other shitty place? They're all Bernie Sanders loving faggots over here.

How long would you make Gen Y? Where would you stop it?

Hipsters
But they were also bullied, just like the skaters, emos and goth kids

>I got a blowjob from a cute goth chick in an antique, old church
this seems like a distinctly goth goth situation to find yourself in

Everybody is a wigger now. They listen to hiphop and want to be gangster/junkie. Fuck this timeline

Does age have a feminine penis...?

hipsters have been around since the 60s
how are they such a resilient group?

Attached: 20686752_353334538432775_3918738709310078976_n.jpg (1080x1080, 66K)

I'm was heavily into the late 90s and 00s internet. It was a lot more interesting and less connected then. I thought it made me premature proto Gen Z but I guess not.

Since the 40's
Hepcats and hipsters
They've been so many different things. They were the white kids that liked jazz, they were the beatniks
They were the early emos

I never saw any skaters outside of cartoons like Rocket Power. I love me some goths and emos, though, even though I can't tell the difference between them.

>the goth kids, the emo kids and the skaters
I was the three of them (and a far-leftist) , then transitioned to Black Metal and Nationalism as I grew older.

Remember when people would actually post in about 3-5 different forums on different topics that they were interested in. And each one would have it's own community with hierarchies, roles and genuine connections.

Good times..

Attached: cryingman.jpg (559x372, 55K)

they're all emulating niggers now. rock culture was a white people thing

I wonder the same. Now we got some basic teens. At least emos were good fucks and more redpilled

hot topic doesnt exist any more

rawr :3 xDDD

>a group that can wear/listen anything from any time with heavy emphasis on individuality
versus
>comformation olympics where only today's fad exists
my 2c

They lost the war
youtu.be/GhlDIPgvFBA

I am in my early 20s and everone my age is just so boring to talk to, only like talking to old school guys who have seen the world. But I get the feeling most adults I talk to, like talking to me because I don't come out with the normal bulll shit.

rap is in its nu-metal phase now
it will probably die within the next 10-15 years
and something even worse will replace it

>Generational Marxism
>Zoomers are the true Proletariat

Attached: dreddit.png (645x968, 100K)

>social media made all teenagers into one big group, no room for diverse tastes
>Diversity
>We are all equals
>Good goy
O yeee what could be behind this?

Attached: MaFersDraw.png (343x333, 6K)

Man thanks for reminding me how shitty the 2000s were

I despised these "subcultures" and i remember how everyone at school emjoyed to beat up those fags

Even Jow Forums hated them...as i remember

Emos were only good to get beaten

I dont belive in god but the mass should. They are too fucking stupid to have any values without it.

And I remember when the communities were almost secret. The internet communities didn't know about each other yet so it was much harder to be infamous all over the net instead of just in your niche. Even in 2008 the vast majority of the internet didn't know who Chris Chan was.

that sweet emo girl pussy though

they illegalized white people
black and muslim people only have nigger culture, they are sub

Attached: 1520656975393.jpg (400x450, 37K)

Hipster culture has arguably been around for centuries. Trendy, young, upper-middle class white people have always had a uniquely obnoxious insincerity to their culture that has made people loathe them

Let me put it this way.
60's = flower power
70's = hippies
80's = punk
90's = grunge
00's = emo
Teens = hipster

Yum

Attached: emo-zarias-23.jpg (600x900, 63K)

so the late 1800s dandy was just a proto hipster?

Attached: montesquiou_robert_de_-_boldini.jpg (750x1093, 99K)

still, they were white.
But why am i even trying, i'm talking to a fucking german...

Attached: 1531166854184.jpg (500x374, 38K)

Emo pussy was fantastic tho, like 50% of thread on /b/ in 2006 were amateur emo/scene girl nudes

Better than today's hipster SJW.

At least we could beat them up into growing up, you're not allowed to hurt the poor fragile sjw before their entire herd attacks you.

No but some Hipsters like emulating parts of that look.

Each sub-culture has their own subreddit now.

t. 30 ye old boomer

hypocrite, if they would be still a thing you'd hate them and call them "degenerates".

Attached: 1532506098817.jpg (960x960, 29K)

I noticed this too. However, that costs money. It's cheaper to look plain.