Why does no one talk about the glories of European literature on here? Not talking philosophy...

Why does no one talk about the glories of European literature on here? Not talking philosophy, political or otherwise--I'm thinking of poetry, drama and fiction. If you've compared the literary output of European and non-European cultures in any honest capacity, you know that the difference between the two is at least as significant as the "african mud hut/roman temple" pic comparison that's always posted here.

The enjoyment of poetry et al. has been very successfully de-masculated by the left in the last half century. These are the songs of your ancestors. These are feats of lyrical genius composed by men who travelled, waged war and conquered. Almost every poem/play/older novel is extremely "red-pilled"--why do you think pink-haired academics spend so much time criticizing or "unpacking" it?

Been thinking a lot lately about expanding this into /ELG/ - European Literature General, with longer copy expanding on the purpose of the general, and some suggested readings. Would anyone participate?

I think this is a really inspiring aspect of European culture that is always overlooked here. I know it's made a huge impact in my own political journey over the years.

Attached: Homer.jpg (522x672, 73K)

>Why does no one talk about the glories of European literature on here?
Because Jow Forums is inhabited by neo nazi meat heads, you really expect in depth literary discussions ?

Self-bump for Sunday night conversation

Attached: 1532909665653.jpg (1024x683, 88K)

>Because Jow Forums is inhabited by neo nazi meat heads, you really expect in depth literary discussions?

I'm not sure what I expect here. I usually lurk, but don't post here--I see sometimes a symphony of free discourse in its purest form, and other times the depths of blind idiocy.

I feel like many people on here don't know what they're missing out on. If the state-run media's got you down, pick up some fucking Homer and enjoy yourself for a few hours.

bump with chair guy

Attached: 413.png (1000x557, 994K)

Attached: 1531700343620.png (800x450, 670K)

Attached: 1531693885631.jpg (620x412, 268K)

Attached: e38.png (1307x980, 1.4M)

Attached: f14.jpg (882x500, 98K)

Attached: fc8.jpg (1024x706, 279K)

Attached: ed6.jpg (1996x3000, 1.79M)

bump for you

because this is Jow Forums
and you want

bump

Personally Crime and Punishment, the inferno, the LOTR series, and the Iliad are my favorites

The themes contained in the Iliad and the rage felt by Achilles is so powerful. It honest to God brought me to tears

But this is political. I'm talking about reading this stuff in a specifically political context, because it's been taken over by the politicized left.

I also made a duplicate thread here >180541525 because I thought this was going to die, and I don't know what I'm doing (chronic lurker here)

pls mods no ban

Same here, Homer is the pinnacle of beauty. The Greeks believed that knowledge of his poems were all the education a person really needed to understand life; they believed that pretty much all of human existence could be distilled to a theme expressed in those works.

And emotionality in this stuff is a good thing--that's what all of your ancestors felt when they engaged with this.

Which translation did you read? I'm pretty familiar with most of the big English ones

/lit/ is Jow Forums with literature. We've infected many of the boards in general. Well, there will never be any hope for /mu/, fuck those faggots.

you havent discussed any literature or provided any conversation points. its a 'i like this book' thread at this point.

Is it? I used to lurk there about 5 years ago, but got bored with it. I'll look into that. I ditched /mu/ back before Jow Forums was even a board, because they seemed like mopey losers

I know, I know. I'm testing the waters on a sunday night here, really. If people are interested, I'll write a much longer and more in-depth post. I'd like to encourage the enjoyment of literature as a means of exploring western culture. I've studied this stuff for years, and I think I have something to contribute to this board.

(because most people who know as much about literature as I do today aren't right-leaning, and don't browse Jow Forums)

What do you think?

It's because Jow Forums is full of fucking retards who exalt greatness but otherwise don't give a goddamn fucking shit about it.

Attached: Voting process.png (656x423, 55K)

Don't feed me the blackpill, user. I know there must be some people out there who understand how important this stuff is.

I think it is the single greatest act of subversion that our literature was taken from us in the last fifty years, and no one even talks about it on this board

because this is pol not lit
you absolute faggot
or
>>>/kys/