Gun Control in Retreat?

How do you guys feel about the slow rollback in gun control that has been happening in the US for the last 15 years? We saw the 1994 AWB fail to be renewed in 2004, D.C. Vs. Heller in 2008, failed AWB after Sandy Hook in 2012, the 9th circuit affirming the right to carry, and the recent win with 3d printed guns; even the Lefties are admitting it's a lost cause at this point. What do you guys think is coming next? I think we will see some sort of national scale constitutional carry and possibly suppressors being removed from the NFA in the next 3-5 years.

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-03-27/gun-control-movement-will-likely-lose-to-the-nra
theglobeandmail.com/opinion/why-gun-control-is-a-lost-cause-in-america/article38127275/
townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2018/03/23/nbcwsj-poll-large-majority-believe-gun-ownership-increases-safety-n2464037

Attached: right to carry.gif (676x509, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/999RqGZatPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Meh, I personally don't any guns cause they're for pussies with small dicks who can't fight.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Kek ok bro, tell me how it goes when Jamal/Pedro and 3-5 of his friends attacks you in the street or break into your house.

Attached: 1522252813767.gif (320x240, 150K)

Yeah! Like this bitch here! She needs to learn how to fight!

Attached: download.jpg (300x400, 34K)

>national scale constitutional carry
>suppressors being removed from the NFA

Attached: 1532509044455.jpg (500x494, 18K)

I'm hopeful the Supreme Court can unfuck the cucked states. That's the most important one for me, and I don't even live in one. This should also lead to some form of constitutional carry. The second biggest thing about having the court is that it stops dead any new gun control.
I want Congress to pass true constitutional carry, and deregulate suppressors, SBRs, and SBSs. Reopening the machine gun registery would be amazing, but I wont get my hopes up.

>machine gun registery
or you know, knocking down the NFA/GCA/Hughes Amendment/etc. entirely.

I think some sort of national carry law is or supreme court ruling is likely, I think chances of deregulation suppressors is probably 50/50, SBR/SBS deregulation is probably 1/5, and machine guns or repeal of the NFA/GCA is probably ~1/100. It's still a great time to be a gun owner, we are seeing a lot of the ridiculous nonsense from the 80's and 90's getting shot down. Also, the salt coming out of the left over this shit is generally entertaining.

Attached: Assault glue gun.png (600x992, 918K)

Feels good, man.

Thread theme:
youtu.be/999RqGZatPs

Missouri now has constitutional carry. Other states probably do too.

Yep, you are correct, it is missing Missouri, which had constitutional carry go into affect early in 2017. There are also several other states working towards it like OK, UT, and SD.

They are so salty it's making them delusional. I had a couple tell me the democrats are doing so well that we will have a constitutional convention by 2021 that repeals the Second among other things. This was in person, and I honestly think both of them believed it would happen. Trump winning in 2020 is going to be interesting.

So appropiately the 17 millionAmerican women own or carry guns have small penises.

i thought ca became shall issue

> I had a couple tell me the democrats are doing so well that we will have a constitutional convention by 2021 that repeals the Second among other things
Wow, that's a level of delusional that I've never seen in person. The chances of that happening with the current political climate is effectively 0; and even if they did manage it, it would cause a civil war overnight.

Yeah, this is one I've never gotten, the left likes to shit on men owning guns while conveniently forgetting that a large number are owned by women for personal protection is a lot of cases. Being anti-gun is effectively being pro-rape because you would be taking away women's force equalizer. There's very few women that can stop a determined man without some sort of weapon, and guns are the most effective they can carry.

>i thought ca became shall issue
Unfortunately no, they are still may issue and it's hard as hell to get a permit in many areas. This 9th circuit ruling will probably force them to allow permitless open carry hilariously enough though.

is open carry now allowed since the ninth circuit just had that decision? I have been trying to figure when it takes effect?

It's terrifying the globalists, of that I'm sure. You simply CANNOT rule an armed populace which is why there was such a massive push for gun control in the first place.

It was a couple of 40 something cat ladies at work. I'll never reveal my power level, but they know I shoot. The topic was brought up because the one thought she was helping me. She basically said, "If you don't convince other gun owners to accept reforms, you are going to lose all you guns in just a couple of years." It was an unreal conversation.

No clue senpai, I live in the Midwest, I just have some buddies out in CA. I wouldn't strap a gun on my hip and go wandering around yet though, these things need time to let the dust settle and allow the laws to be adjusted so they make sense with the new ruling. I'd hate to see someone get a charge that might cause them to lose their rights or have to fight an expensive, lengthy legal battle on the eve of being able to exercise them without fear of retribution.

Post yours

Very true. God damn it. CA sucks so much balls.

That's just unreal, it's almost spooky that they live in that sort of alternate reality. Do they understand how hard it is to even call a constitutional convention, much less actually pass something?

>She basically said, "If you don't convince other gun owners to accept reforms, you are going to lose all you guns in just a couple of years."
I think this is the telling part, she at some level knows the anti-2A crowd can't do it on their own, so they have to try and scare gun owners aboard to get what they want. The problem is that gun owners have gotten wise to the "why won't you compromise?" line. Gun control has never been about compromise, it's been how much can the left take; it's not like they offered us unregulated suppressors or SBRs for the post 86 FA ban, it's just a slow erosion of what types of guns are allowed and how regulated they are.

Attached: Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png (750x3200, 204K)

They will come for 10 bullets or more in a magazine (see california)
Then they will go for 7 (see new york)
They will keep pushing it until you get two bullets allowed for skeet shooting.

Attached: 2ud9.jpg (960x636, 157K)

They will then go after 'clones.'
They'll find anything that looks similar, but remember they don't know guns. So you see an obvious bolt action. They see a machine gun. And so it's banned.
Once you remove anything that even LOOKS black and scary then they'll go after anything that still fits the definition.

See Austrlia and the Adler. You had to manual chamber a new round everytime and it still got a national freakout.

The soundbite will be 'if you can't hit it on the first shot you shouldn't be shooting a gun'

Attached: Australia.jpg (800x793, 117K)

Attached: t7Kjjyp.jpg (588x462, 26K)

Great. Everytime the Jews talk gun bans, I go out and by 3 or 5 more guns that are on their shitlist. Joined the NRA and GOA in response to David Hogg and will vote republican for the rest of my life until a better party makes it’s presence known.

they'll go after any sense of your right to self defense. They'll chip away at your right to fight back.
First you can't defend yourself when attacked in the street.
Then you won't be allowed to defend yourself when attacked in your own home (see Maryland - castle doctrine & duty to retreat)
Then having a gun itself ready to shoot will be considered proof of intent to kill and YOU will be the one charged with intent to murder.

"he just wanted to take some stuff. just let him take it! no one should die over that. YOU are the evil one for having a gun and using it. it's proof you just wanted to get off to killing someone. Why wasn't your gun locked up and unloaded? are you a psychopath?"

Attached: 1473141590438.png (747x898, 695K)

they won't stop there. They don't understand how guns work so they'll go after even things that sound scary to them.

They will try to deactivate guns in museums. They'll try to destroy museum pieces in basements used by no one 'just in case'.

They'll go after you for even thinking about guns as anything other than terrifying.

You think they'll stop at actual guns. No they want you to think of guns as something completely inaccessible. They'll try to ban airsoft guns. They'll go after you for being a cheap old military fatigue.

The goal is to make every stop every single avenue.

Attached: Australia2.jpg (904x922, 108K)

Australia was genuinely terrified of a lever action rifle.
Technology from 150 years ago was a national conversation of 'this gun is too deadly. how have we allowed it on our shores'

Attached: 1476339690109.jpg (2480x3508, 856K)

>They will come for 10 bullets or more in a magazine (see california)
The good thing is their mag limits are probably about to eat shit at the SCOTUS level. The 9th circuit recently upheld an injunction against the mag limit legislation, which means the SCOTUS with it's new justices is about to BTFO all magazine restrictions nationwide.

Unlikely to happen in the US unless we have a complete reversal on laws at the federal level. Some states are cucked with regards to self defense, but most are very reasonable. We still have a pretty strong libertarian streak outside of the blue states that will keep us out of trouble for a while, hopefully generation Zyklon will keep fighting the good fight and continuing the progress that Gen X and the Millennial have made on gun rights.

This is why gun control is a losing issue for the left, they piss off both the right AND the center. If they were smart they'd drop this shit like the right dropped gay marriage as a wedge issue.

Good thing we aren't OZ, guns a part of the fabric of this country and it'll take far more than it did there for anything to happen. The left blew it's load on gun control in the 80's and 90's and failed, the gun lobbies are stronger than ever and now we are seeing the rollback.

We just need something to reach the Supreme Court about magazine restrictions. The Supreme Court has been very skittish about taking on new gun cases. Assuming kavanaugh gets in that should change.

There's a lot that won't happen here. One of the most incredible things is that amount of civic disobedience over gun control. Not one bump stock was given over in Denver. Even blue states have something like a 90% non-compliance rate for gun confiscation.

When people point to Australia as an example of gun control that 'worked.' It's important to know what they mean. They mean complete confiscation and the destruction of the axiom of guns as a rights. We must always be on guard against this. A spirit of liberty must be fostered anew each generation.

It only takes one generation to fuck it up forever. Find a friend and take them shooting. Teach your children to shoot. Get your lefty friends to shoot. Help them realize just how ridiculous those initial gun control proposals are. Make it clear to all that it is their birthright.

Attached: 1508978913619.png (642x668, 58K)

The '94 AWB is what got me into politics. I had wanted an AR since I was 12, and at 17, I was watching a bunch of old fools take that away from me. My grandfather got me a lifetime membership to the NRA that Christmas, and I voted for Dole in the next election. I've voted in every election since and always will.

Feds will keep murdering kids in mass shootings until we give up our guns. Brace yourself for a lot more shootings, at least three major ones in a 2 week period

The rumor was Kennedy is the one who did not want the court to take gun related cases. It was the complete bans in some cities that finally forced him to accept the Heller case. If that's true, we are going to see a bunch in the next few years.
I'm sure the NRA's lawyers along with the ones from the GOA have a bunch of cases they have been sitting on waiting for a friendly court.

The rumor was Kennedy is the one who did not want the court to take gun related cases. It was the complete bans in some cities that finally forced him to accept the Heller case. If that's true, we are going to see a bunch in the next few years.
I'm sure the NRA's lawyers along with the ones from the GOA have a bunch of cases they have been sitting on waiting for a friendly court.

There is one case that should give you serious concern if the Supreme Court doesn't address the issues behind it and kill it in its infancy.

Kolbe v. Hogan

Gun law out of maryland that banned Ar-15's and 'high capacity magazines'. The Circuit court of Maryland, West Virginia, North Carolina, Virginia, and South Caroilna.

It concluded that the 2nd amendment did not apply to 'weapons of war' and 'high capacity magazines.'

This will be the constitutional wedge. So long as this isn't overturned it'll stay as precedent. And so long it stays on the books it becomes more well regarded with each passing year. And then in the next liberal cycle of the Supreme Court the Supreme Court will use this as a way to neuter DC v. Heller.

This decision is what every state that wants to ban anything and everything will use. First they invent the term 'weapon of war'. and then they'll expand that further and further. We need to fight back against it NOW. We need to make it so that every gun control advocate comes to the same conclusion. that the only way to win is a constitutional amendment so why even bother.

>It only takes one generation to fuck it up forever. Find a friend and take them shooting.
Agreed famalam, converting people on guns is one of the best thing you can do for gun rights long term. I've converted 3 of my friends from fence sitters to having several guns themselves, it's not hard if you take things slow and don't go full SHALL NOT on them right out of the gate. If they've never shot a gun offer to take them and make a day out of it, might cost you $75-100 in ammo, but it's worth it in the long run if you convert them.

Attached: 20180730_0212571.jpg (4032x3024, 2.91M)

Bump

>he can't kill a man at 1000 meters

Question does this mean ANYONE can get a gun?

No, it and Kansas are listed as "unrestricted" by the end of the gif.

This.
You are absolutely right. The real problem isn’t guns or shootings. It’s ignorance of guns and our laws.
It’s a forced and preached ignorance.
Why learn the laws if you are rewarded for scoffing at them?

Any non felon who is over eighteen can buy a rifle or shotty. I think it's twenty-one for handguns in most states.
If you don't own one, find a friend to teach you about them, and/or watch some beginner guides on YouTube like Hickok45. Then buy one and practice.

Oh and bring out the small tools first. and not too many at once. I generally bring a Bersa .380 and an old .22 rifle. I have no idea who the manufacturer on it is. Picked that one up for like 40 bucks when I was 16 at a garage sale.

Yes with caveats, you can't be a felon or have been institutionalized for mental illness, you must be over 18 for rifles and 21 for pistols (may vary by state) and you have to obey any local laws. but yes, pretty much any citizen in good standing may own a firearm. If you're new I'd start with something small, a .22LR or something in 5.56 is a good place for rifles or .22LR and 9mm for pistols. Any pistol you buy as a new shooter should generally be full/duty sized, bigger guns generally weight more which means less felt recoil.

Yep, just be a good ambassador for sport shooting, don't be the douche that breaks out the .44 magnum or 300 Win mag for their first time behind the trigger. I generally start people with my Glock 17 with subsonic ammo or my AR because of low recoil. If their comfortable we slowly move up to .308/.270 Win/10mm/45 ACP/etc. Also, ALWAYS EMPHASIZE SAFETY! Shooting sports are a good way to convert people, but it's all for nothing if the newbie you're teaching shoots themselves or somebody else.

Attached: 20180217_202907.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)