Is mensa the shit?

Can you guys redpill me on mensa? I just got my results and am thinking should I join or not. Is there anything I can benefit from it?
Is it really a high iq society? The test was too fucking easy and I finished it more than 10 minutes earlier.
>inb4 larping
If you're convinced I'm larping, imagine that I'm not and try to have a nice convo going, don't be a sperg.

Attached: mensa-logo-title-below.jpg (748x748, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/facts-you-dont-want-to-know-iq-2011-11#contrary-to-popular-belief-the-higher-your-iq-the-more-likely-youre-socially-smart-2
test.mensa.no/
mensa.se/provtestet/test/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>paying some kikes to say youre smart
retarded

It's bullshit OP. IQ tests are not as accurate as you might believe.

The club itself is a group of stupid ass busy bodies who can't mind their own business.

Nothing special, but it's nice to chat with people who are at least at a certain level of cognition. That doesn't necessarily mean they are pleasant people to be around though.

If you're actually intelligent, and want to have an "intelligent" conversation with someone, then you have to either...

(a) know someone as intelligent as you and be lucky enough to have an intelligent conversation with them

(b) find a place where intelligent people converge and strike up a conversation there. This is usually to find an equally attractive mate who is also intelligent.

Choose your path wisely.

If you pay the membership fee, subtract 20 from your IQ.

If you put “MENSA member” on your resume here, employers will think you’re a pretentious fuckbag.
Still fun to affirm your intellectual superiority among your group of friends, though. Also, MENSA meet ups are a good way to meet fellow high IQ people.

paying a bunch of jews cash to have a little card that says you're a smart winner proves you're an idiot, even if your iq is sky high

this
in bigger cities theres better stuff to do
in rural places / Student towns it can be fun

Mensa is for legit intelligent people who aren't quite smart enough to realize that intelligence is irrelevant if you don't, you know, do anything with it

Pretty lame, tbqh. You pay more money than its worth for a membership in a nerd club, that gets you a subscription to a magazine that never prints anything interesting, and the right to attend club meetings where they play Trivial Pursuit with the super-hard autist decks.

I let my membership lapse years ago. I've had infinitely more fun from memberships in the SCA and wargaming and roleplaying guilds.

Also this

Social intelligence has no correlation to IQ, as I'm sure anyone posting can attest

Reddit spacing

You will meet smarter and more practical people at a yacht club than a mensa club.

>find a place where intelligent people converge and strike up a conversation there. This is usually to find an equally attractive mate who is also intelligent.
So...like a university?

Attached: 1518658917247.jpg (665x574, 39K)

IQ tests are accurate up to 2sd from the median. Anything else is variance or estimation.
This makes all Mensa members larpers, and therefore, you'll fit right in.

My cousin is a member. They apparently offer industry specific interest groups that allow you to make connections. This hasn't materialized into employment for him yet since he's still an undergrad but I guess it's possible to land a good job through them in the same way a business frat might.

Attached: 1463792435292.png (255x205, 68K)

>redpill me on X

bullshit and garbage. Mostly for boomers without any actual education so they can go around and think they are """"smart"""". Utter snobbery. A bunch of friends of my who fit into that category went on taking that shit, as if it would EVER be some compromise for not having a real degree. It's cancer

>falling for a marketing selling thing
>intelligent
congrats you are officially retarded

There are a lot of people at universities who really don't belong there. Within any given major there appears to be a core of passionate inspired people who made an informed conscious decision to be there and pursue that line of work, then there's everyone else. Find the former group and get in good with them.

God is a Serb. Don't join.

It's intelligent people arguing over stupid things.

i've met some of the dumbest and dimmest people at uni

Attached: 1524431465466.png (1280x729, 1.41M)

Let’s not jump to low IQ conclusions here.
College degrees becoming a career requirement in America was specifically due to the “discriminatory” results of IQ testing (Read: Black people conisistently performed poorly).
So now, instead of taking a simple test to prove your mental fortitude, you’re required to pay for four years of meaningless (((education))) that serves as an expensive, multi-year long proxy for a short test.
And just about anyone whose actually gone to college can attest to how fucking worthless an undergraduate degree is. It’s barely a step up from a high school diploma.

Mensa is just a bunch of faggots jerking themselves off for being slightly dumber than an american bouncer named Christopher Langan, look forward to a bunch of guys obsessed with their power level sucking themselves off publically about how great they are like when I joined before I left.

Yeah sorry, I was being sarcastic but I'm too dumb to tell a joke properly
I dodged uni because I have zero drive and I knew I'd just waste my time there
But I'm also going insane for lack of sapient people to speak to
Kill me

Came here to say this. I can join prometh, but why would I went I need to pay an entrance fee? Fuck that, my mom can tell me I'm smart for free and I get the same validation, should I so seek it.

yeah, like women, gays, and blacks. (in response to people who don't really belong in universities.)

IQ-tests make you proficient at IQ-tests. You might as well fuck around with the retarded bug zapper that is Lumosity.

Attached: 1315545784308.jpg (442x341, 37K)

I'm thinking of joining for 1 year just to see what the people are like there. Maybe find a nice connection for future work? Who knows. But I do have a gut feeling the people are spergs desu.

>benefits
>may help you travel to meet people you might not like
>you have to attend shitty conventions and do community service
>in some countries you can get some credit card and insurance programs that may be shit

Attached: OP_stop_get_some_help.jpg (1024x768, 104K)

you are definitely not wrong about them being spergs.

I got 124 on the online test. Too stupid to be a member.

If you want to find smart people to hang out with then learn something complicated.

Mensa tests now have a section to test your sense of humor by showing you James Gunn tweets. If you laugh at all of them you raise your IQ 10-15 points.

>slightly dumber than an american bouncer named Christopher Langan
i would hang out with that dude, he seems like a genuinely nice guy

I went to the first meeting and never again. A circle jerk, not my cup of tea.

What’s your college?

faculty of technical sciences

I'm a member. It's shit.
No events I'm my moderately large city; their forum and Facebook page is the usual mindless drivel.
I was recently surprised to learn that 35 shekel fee is monthly, not annually, and what the fuck do I get in return?
>tl;dr maybe ace the test if you believe the juden talk but dont waste your cash on membership

What specialization? We need engineers.

yeah actually, he seems really cool.

not a bad faculty and lots of good people, but damn, there are some retards.
still better than philosophy/psychology students though

Well, they’re also the best predictive tool for an individual’s life outcomes that we currently have. Pretending this isn’t valuable is just... low IQ.
businessinsider.com/facts-you-dont-want-to-know-iq-2011-11#contrary-to-popular-belief-the-higher-your-iq-the-more-likely-youre-socially-smart-2

What I want to know is why these supposedly super smart people decided to shamelessly rip off a German company's logo instead of coming up with an original one.

Attached: Mitropa.jpg (1800x1330, 503K)

Half of their members are just anime-loving black people.
Only retards who think they're samrt just because they don't watch Family Jew join Mensa.
Most actually smart people aren't in Mensa.

You using C.R.A.P. or are you honing in on just one source? UDel is a hotbed for chroma shit-think right now; the punch bowl is definitely tainted.

Attached: 1462152932094.jpg (338x305, 34K)

>actually forming this thought in your miniscule Rick & Morty peanut brain
Wew lad

Your a faggot and your family line will die but within two generations.

Attached: 1532715217354.jpg (474x497, 27K)

>at a certain level of cognition
That's why u cum on poop dough!

Attached: 1532469952098.jpg (1024x768, 241K)

meant for Yeah, engineer, but I don't want to give too much info

A psychologist claimed she scored 115 on the iqtest.dk test but 140+ on an actual standardized test. Doesn't mean shit.

Test I took took nearly two hours- seven sections, but it can be just one section I guess as you only need to score in the 98%ile in one section to get acceptance

You literally have to discredit modern psychology leading back to the 19th century to debunk IQ being a valuable tool.

Well we’re looking for mechanical and electrical engineers. But you’d have to move to Slovenia obviously.

You ARE smart

Oh, yeah. You just put me on the grill and Freud me.

Attached: 1528581553024.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

I scored 127 on the online test I did, but ≥ 137 (maximum they can measure on that test) on the actual one.

My friends mom decided not to join. She just found the idea rather pretentious, and is too modest and respectable to join such a group.

The real test is whether you pay (((someone))) a fee to take a test and tell you you’re smart.

You’re either gas-lighting or you’re too stupid to understand the evidence.
IQ tests being predictive isn’t debatable. This is settled science.

>settled science

Attached: 12899358359393.gif (325x244, 94K)

There is no benefit to it. I've been a Mensan for 15 years and the only change to my life has been the monthly opportunity to hang out with a bunch of chess-obsessed spergs.

Any club that wants me as a member is a club i want nothing to do with

Yeah, that is my main problem with it. It was 40 minutes with 30 puzzles. The ones with 9 squares with shapes and you need to figure which one goes to the last square. Seems a bit ridiculous. But as I heard and read, it is the standardized international test. You can be illiterate and still take the test.

There is no flawless way to measure intelligence and cognative ability. Don't let any results of any test influence important life decisions and who you listen to.

I was actually thinking of going to Slovenia. A friend of mine is going to Slovenia this week for work. She is fresh out of college and will work with an architect. Do you have something particular in mind or are you speaking in general? Can you recommend something for me to check out? Some websites, companies, people? Someone to contact?

high IQ detected

For real? I got 131 online and thought that the real test would be way harder

And there are no objective and final definition of what cognitive abilities and intelligence are.

Hey, I just saw that they have a SIG in my town for chess. I play chess daily on lichess. Now I'm interested in joining them for the chess.

>make thread on public forum
>expects no opposing rhetoric / isn't debatable
lol budding chroma in the works

Attached: 7357617391683.gif (250x250, 1.25M)

I’m offering you a chance at a job. You’d obviously have to go through an interview and shit. 1800-1900€ minimum starting salary, negotiable for more tho, depends how you sell yourself. Automotive R&D.

Keep in mind that correlations exist for a reason.
Higher IQ people tend to do better in life than low IQ people.
People who smoke/drink are more likely to develop health problems than people who don’t smoke/drink.
So yes, a dude with 130 IQ might end up working at McDonalds. Unlikely, but possible.
A person who smokes 2 packs of cigarettes might live until they’re 99 years old. Unlikely, but possible.

I took the local Mensa "entrance exam" test and scored 135 (which was the cap with 41/45 correct). Prior to this test, I scored 135, 135, 140 respectively on 3 different internet tests.

The online test said that that score was the max they can test too. It was a swedish mensa test, my friend sent me the link to it. I can try and find the link again if you want.

You’re free to debate whatever you want. Arguing against facts is just kinda faggot behavior, though.

It's a circle jerk club for vain bores with high IQ but no common sense.

>slovenia
>automotive r&d
Now I know you're larping.

Attached: 33076834_667274556968134_2969393075371114496_n.jpg (568x757, 66K)

s-stop gaslighting you shitlord

Your loss buddy. If you change your mind, make a 10minutemail address and I’ll send you info.

>high IQ Serb
>average IQ 89
Yeah, no.

Is it this one? It's norwegian, not swedish
test.mensa.no/

Is it for Master Degrees, isn't it?
t. graduating mechanical engineering, specialization in advanced mechanical design

A uni is no better than speaking to the general population unless you're in some post-grad phD or other professional degree program. Even then, you realize how stupid most of them are.
>.t attorney

High IQ and common sense go hand in hand, moron. Folks of moderate IQ & narrowly focused technical/trade skills? Not so much.

Bachelor, but is preferred if you go for masters at least afterwards, or phd. We need people. Like, really need people. We employed everyone from austria, hungary, croatia and slovenia already lol.
To be transparent, I get 1k€ for every person I introduce :p

Usually a bunch of pretentious busybody twats looking for validation and to "outsmart" each other. Imagine if you had a room full of people who thought they were the smartest person in that room, and they wanted to prove it by being snarky little cunts. Shit's like a bad cartoon.

I'm low-IQ, I GET BAD GRADES!

he's probably talking about this one.
mensa.se/provtestet/test/

you have 10 minutes to finish.

Forgot picture

Attached: tfw.jpg (639x238, 33K)

>common sense is an outlier trait
Oh, you’re literally retarded. Fuck, and I almost thought you were actually a kike shill.

Attached: E9FDF24C-FAEC-4087-B31D-DF8CDA9E5CDE.jpg (470x470, 43K)

I'm too scared to take it.

All clubs are nothing more but men discussing who can join their prestiges clubs. Richard P Feynman.

Still, I'm not that type of engineer. Thanks for the offer though, if you are genuine that is.

I honestly thought that 1900€ minimum, supposedly with no real work experience (seen as you asked a student first) was for atleast masters cause it's paying good

Nah, it's just a circlejerk club with a monthly fee and an occasional dinner (which you're expected to pay for)
There's 0 benefit to joining other than flashing around your card so people can say "What's MENSA?" and you can say "A club for smart people! I'm smart!" which only an idiot would care about doing anyways

How do you increase your IQ?

Squats