Basquiat

Why is this painting (and other similar ones) worth tens of millions of dollars and is regarded as the peak of art? What am I even looking at here?

Attached: jean-michel-basquiat-and-andy-warhol-self-portrait.jpg (1000x1005, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/p/Principles-of-Visual-Perception-by-Carolyn-M-Bloomer-1989-Hardcover/30285
youtube.com/watch?v=s0sspv5npis
nytimes.com/2013/05/13/arts/design/art-proves-attractive-refuge-for-money-launderers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A money laundering scheme

I was thinking about the onions nigger last night and I really would have to say people are demoralized when ugliness becomes he norm

You're looking at a crude image created by a black mentally ill fag, who is considered a highly regarded artist mostly because he's a mentally ill black fag.

Jewish money laundering scheme supported by the CIA's promotion of degenerate modern art during the Cold War with artists like Jackson Pollock. The US was criticized by Europe and the Soviets for lacking culture. So the US invented modern art and progressivism, failing to see that simply confirms the aforementioned flaw.

It is almost patronizing.

Modern art is literally just a meme decided by the masters of the art world. Anyone could make this stuff.

Jeff Koons is a billionaire for making installations like pic related

Attached: 418989D3-2219-42BF-9A91-E3FB46DB469F.jpg (700x394, 38K)

>pleb retard sees lines of code
>THIS DOESNT MAKE SENSE THIS IS NONSENSE
>int var what? what is this gibberish? Give me a good poem or joke or short story, not this gobbldy gook!

Faggot.

Attached: download (1).jpg (128x160, 7K)

Let me help you some more

ebay.com/p/Principles-of-Visual-Perception-by-Carolyn-M-Bloomer-1989-Hardcover/30285

Oh no but you saw that 10 minutes youtube video totally debunking le modern art!! No need to read a book.

>I'm wearing clothes, I swear
t. emperor

He was best friends with artist Vincent Gallo, an incredibly ballsy conservative-leaning legend and an amazing film maker and actor. Nigger.

The worst part is that basquiat is objectively better than most other modern art

It’s money laundering.

>I swear these lines of codes actually do something! it's not just random numbers and symbols!

t. programmers (aka retards)

Money laundering scheme.

Do you think people who collect rare autographs, jerseys, antiques, etc are all money laundering too? Or is it that rich people like investing in rare, famous, one-of-a-kind stuff, paintings or otherwise, niglet? You sound like a little bolshevik faggot.

This one is maybe a bit intentionally ugly to illicit a visceral reaction, but you can't tell me pic related isn't aesthetically very pleasing.

Attached: angel.jpg (1400x1181, 207K)

pic related isn't aesthetically very pleasing

1st grade bullshit.

Go to any first grade art class and that's what you'll see

>There are people who believe that this random ugly nonsense actually has a "function" or a "purpose"

kike trickery again

I'll take a nice 2+2=4 any day, thank you!

Attached: gibberish.png (367x300, 33K)

You can make rare antiques or collectibles out of thin air. Modern art is different

>go to any kindergarten and ask them to write random numbers and this is what you'll get

Attached: babywriting.png (341x148, 8K)

>modern artists don't have tens of thousands of hours of study and painstaking experimenting and work under their belts

The same is true about modern "computer programmers" who just jam stupid crap into notepad.exe and sell it for a million dollars to bill gates

Looks like complete shit

That's the point, it's art that's supposed to connect you to your inner child and innocence detached from what is 'right or wrong'. It's just feeling. Anyone *can* technically do it (actually not really), but it doesn't make it any less appealing.

Attached: nin.png (300x300, 185K)

Because it was made by a gay black guy with mental illness who killed himself very young. The art isn't all that great, but he was like an accessory for rich and famous people.

My gay black roommate basically worships him. He got really upset when I wasn't impressed with his "sob" story of a life

Watch this to understand everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=s0sspv5npis

It doesn't take 1000s of hours, and children's splatter paintings fool art critics as the real thing

fpbp

Still better than Rothko.

Attached: Mark Rothko, Sin titulo 1969 2.jpg (1049x1600, 90K)

Money laundering. The Museum of Modern Art was founded by the Rockefeller family.

Attached: modern art.png (952x1522, 1.71M)

>that green hand

Attached: 1b2c3c42-d86a-46af-8fdc-bcd223f0f2a2.png (800x799, 361K)

damn.

Attached: van-eyck.jpg (479x500, 87K)

nytimes.com/2013/05/13/arts/design/art-proves-attractive-refuge-for-money-launderers.html

Attached: modern art 2.png (572x380, 265K)

Money laundering

I’m starting to see it now...

OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA ART GALLERY AT?

How about this scribble? High Art indeed.

Attached: 1531005693542~01.png (524x532, 353K)

It's beautiful!

Attached: PabloPicassoBooty.jpg (550x433, 5K)

>my gay black roommate
why are you roommates with him?

>why are you roommates with him?

He already told you, because he was gay and because he was black. what else do you need to know?

That guy is a poseur. Cringey films, cringey music. Into the trash it goes.

>aka i fantasize about blowing him dressed as a trap

i hate modern art as much as the next Jow Forumsiceman but even still bastiat has a certain aesthetic I can still admire and appreciate

I don't give a fuck - even if he was best mates with Jesus Christ, Elvis Presley, and Buddha, he's still a mentally ill black faggot who can't paint worth a damn

Attached: Plutocrat.jpg (243x244, 65K)

hes popular because he looks cool

he comes from the age were looks were starting to surpass skill

Attached: etnia-barcelona-jean-michel-basquiat-sunglasses-23.jpg (750x500, 160K)

It's talentless garbage.

What's assembly got to do, got to do, got to do with it?

Greece knows what's up. There are few such obvious instances of pure, unadulterated Jewry than """modern art""".

Attached: oyoh.png (183x232, 19K)

Art today is 100% meming. A select few artists reach meme status and their works are considered immensly valuable regardless of their quality.

Gucci Mane > Mozart

>What's assembly got to do, got to do, got to do with it?
He's saying it's all some elaborate code we goyim are too dumb to understand. It's like some kind of visual Gematria or something. You have to have a Jewish machine mind to be able to parse it.
Except where your analogy falls flat is that code has an objective meaning for every computer with the installed assembler/codec, whereas art is subjective. So since you apparently have the built in decoder/disassembler to translate all of this, translate it for us.

Also just because a code has a meaning to the computer doesn't mean it's necessarily good code or useful code or meaningful code.

>why
Scarcity, he died young so there's a limited supply, sought after because of his association with Warhol, without that connection I doubt they'd be considered such a big deal.

fuck off you meme spewing brain dead cunt :)

>Art today
That's from 35 years ago

>he was FRIENDS with some guy who made slightly better work
oh wow give this nigger some fucking awards please

maybe, maybe not, but you wouldn't know either way because you're a dumb as rocks uneducated redneck

Things probably went to shit (as so much else) in the 60's.

>not liking trash modern art makes one a bolshevik
gee I wonder whos behind all these terrible posts

Attached: 1451338150032.jpg (256x257, 9K)

>I don't know how to use "t."
>t. newfags

Attached: bad_triforce.png (300x261, 57K)

very pop art esque combination of colors. probably copied from a fashion magazine

art is used to launder money legally, thats it. anyone pretending to get it is a pedo.

>admits his fame is only from relation to Warhol
>gets mad at user for pointing out this shit exists to launder money
You admit he's a talentless hack with a famous association - why get mad that people realize this?

Attached: 1444263481331.jpg (404x566, 51K)

>What am I even looking at here?
A money laundering scheme

Attached: jew_diffusion.jpg (336x400, 180K)

Bingo!!! And pedo human trafficking front!

Attached: image.jpg (820x819, 186K)

Art is the reflection of our time. So it's naturally shit.

What the fuck?!, barely first grade 75 iq work.
Blasphemy, called angel and balls drawn on figure.

Attached: image.jpg (500x666, 113K)

It can be interpreted multiple ways. I wouldnt hang it on my wall but i could imagine some limousine liberal buying it.

Maybe it was painted with virgin white blood?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x665, 149K)

How is his name pronounced?

Attached: 1531187148504.png (534x800, 538K)

"Nigger" it's pronounced "nih-ger"

Attached: 1520443550492m.jpg (967x1024, 71K)