What is Jow Forums reading to improve their worldly knowledge?

What is Jow Forums reading to improve their worldly knowledge?

>Be Caesar
>Decide the only way to survive politically is to conquer an unconquerable rival
>Invade Gaul
>Start massacring all of the local tribes
>The tribes eventually unite to destroy Caesar
>Get destroyed
>Get crucified for all to see
>The Roman leaders attempt to prosecute Caesar out of fear of losing their own power
>Roman leaders flee Rome
>Caesar gives chase
>Corners one of Rome's most powerful military leaders, Pompey
>Caesar defeats him despite being outnumbered
>Eventually rules Rome
>Requires massive conspiracy and personal betrayal just to be killed

This books makes me feel ashamed of how docile we've become. This is a great story of how to grab life by the balls.

Attached: Caesar.jpg (600x905, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus#In_communism
youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68
netflix.com/title/70208792
forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=caesar life of colossus&sr=topics&sf=titleonly
b-ok.xyz/
forum.mobilism.org/index.php
allitebooks.com/
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=4D82991C019B86F40E9D4865196D326D
youtube.com/watch?v=NyeTaXv6o4Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Gallic wars was an amazing book and insight into Caesars and Rome’s mind. Caesars tactics were genius. Turn your soldiers into fanatics loyal to him against terrifying odds and foreign land. turn them into builders and tradesman while maintaining soldierly discipline. Garrison them in the harshest time of year and ensure they always have food in Europe. I hate to say it but their is an uncanny tradition with European peoples where we just love to fight each other over pointless fucking shit like small amounts of wealth, traditions, women and in that time period we killed each other over this pointless shit pretty brutally. Even within the sub cultures of ethnicities we still see the rivalry today. The Gauls, the celts, the Germans, the iberians, the nords. I mean imagine The leader of the Arverni had united the ethnic tribes across the Europe and challenged Caesar. They most likely would have defeated him if they worked together and probably would have marched on Rome, and we would be living in a very different world. Caesar was a incredibly clever leader, he always played their ethnic squabbles against each other. Even in the battle of Alesia where he was vastly outnumbered he completely demoralized the enemy out of pure desperation. Craziest time in history as far as I’m concerned, when Caesar marched his legions through Europe. Doing this all the while keeping his own people in Rome in check from not taking him down lol. Also don’t watch that stupid documentary series on Netflix it’s fucking garbage

Attached: 260C1139-C8FF-4E45-B238-AE91B8C1BD8A.jpg (800x472, 126K)

I watched Rome on HBO

Quality thread, OP

Caesar really was a genius in every way. There were so many battles where it seemed impossible for him to turn it all around and then he turned it all around.

They start off talking about Caesar and then jump to Spartacus right off the get go. Really sets the context of Rome lol Don’t get me wrong the Spartacus uprising was an interesting time in roman history but they put it into this context as if Spartacus was this saint and as if gladiators were these amazing fighters. The only reason his army was decent is because he was tactically smart. They also number his army at 100000 which I think is retarded a retarded number when they tried to penetrate both Italy. And did Caesar really fight under Crassus? The Spartacus uprising has been used as a useful tool for Trotskyists to encourage dissent in people as since the Rosa Luxembourg

That was a good series before the SJW shit hit. I enjoyed it.

arms of krupp, william manchester

ISBN-10: 0316529400
ISBN-13: 978-0316529402

Spartacus is a communist icon according to wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus#In_communism

And yeah that series fucking sucks

>(((Caesar)))
Seriously though, fuck the Romans.

why?

Exactly. I was watching some random youtube videos on his tactics. He would conjure of strategies that would have never crossed my mind. There was definitely an element of luck on his side.

youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68

>invading Gaul
>invading Britain
>fighting the Germans
>introducing race-mixing to Europe through their based slaves
I don't know why this is even a question.

Germanic Cavalry won him quite a few battles.

Octavian was better desu senpai
The leader Caesar wouldve become had he not been killed.

History is literally made up by kikes

Octavian was what he was because he learned from Caesar's biggest mistake, and knew that he must kill opposition instead of trying to ally with it. Caesar was ultimately a political idealist who was skilled in twisting the law to justify his actions, but could not really handle the subterfuge and dirty work outside warfare.

>want to read books about history
>cant decide what book to download because there's too many
>just watch a doco on youtube instead

Haven't heard of this channel. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Not inaccurate but what's your point? If you're smart you use all the assets that are available to you.

I do the same thing sometimes. I'll watch a short documentary and want to know more. Books always give me detail.

Said many times, the civilisation means Romanic descendants and Greeks.
Anglos, Celtics, Germanics and other snow niggers were barbarians throughout European history, arguably speaking, still barbarians today.

Thats why they got too easilly mastered by the Jew. The Anglo is to blame

The Economist. Long on fact and figures short on opinion and value judgments. If you want to make up your own mind read this

Do you know if there's any good basic gestalt books about Rome, or are they all pop history trash?

>This books makes me feel ashamed of how docile we've become.
you'd be one of the gauls you white fuck

caesar was a manlet and caesar was a med

he was about to invade some other land and bankrupt Rome, mind you this was after declaring himself dictator of the republic for a period of 10 years, and then a period of life.

Fuck him, he destroyed the Republic. Sure they gained an empire that advanced technology considerably via military industry/engineers, but it didn't last.

Attached: 1480464926176.jpg (1148x1100, 143K)

I just finished Isaac Asimov's book on the Roman Empire, he also has one on the Republic. It was great, well-written of course and a good overall history up until ~800 I believe

Attached: belshazzars_feast_john_martin.jpg (3629x2426, 819K)

But Asimov is a J*w and a sci-fi writer

his early works were intelligent enough to strongly consider neutrinos, even though we're only beginning to be able to prove their existence.

this and to not openly proclaim oneself as a dictator when in all practices you are one

Idk then go find a picture book you fucking mongoloid

are you saying you don't want to read this stonk womans books

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

I fell for this meme. Same day I started reading SPQR I saw she tweeted about how there were large numbers of black Romans in Rome, stopped reading then and never looked back

i as well, dropped it after she brought up roman gender identity

Attached: 9384036.jpg (800x680, 85K)

If you thought Caesar was interesting you need to learn yourself some Nappy.

Attached: 1527111837093.jpg (333x499, 42K)

I've always felt it was unnecessary to compare them because Caesar tilled the soil, and Augustus planted the seeds. Then it was a decent harvest for about 200 years.

Maybe not a great analogy, but yeah.

>Corners one of Rome's most powerful military leaders, Pompey
You mean Pompey had Caesar cornered, and foolishly attacked him instead of just letting Caesar's army starve to death.

>Turn your soldiers into fanatics loyal to him against terrifying odds and foreign land.
That was the doing of Marius

“The Generalship of Alexander the Great” by J.F.C Fuller. It is a fine read that provides a lot of backdrop for historical context.

Attached: CE99A0DD-50B1-4F98-A10C-720B0CAA3198.jpg (515x773, 71K)

>Decide the only way to survive politically is to conquer an unconquerable rival
This is wrong though. They made him governor of gaulia as a giant fuck you so he wasn't in the way. He decided to conquer the damn place out of spite

gaul wasn't fucking conquered by the roman republic when he was sent away, he conquered the whole of gallia

Spartacus was important to mention because Crassus and Caesar are the ones who actually beat him and Pompey stole the credit. It's an important instance in explaining why they fucking hated each other. And yes Caesar worked under Crassus during the affair. Crassus was the richest man in history and he basically made it in the most Jewish ways possible, he was rich but his name held no weight. Caesars family was am ancient bloodline but at the time he was deep in debt, so they decided to help each other

I think we're arguing the same thing?

Unironically one of the best tv dramas in the last 20 years
Shame they cancelled it. You can see HBO took a lot out of the experience in making GoT

I really liked Borgia.

For some reason Chesare really struck a chord. Ego. Ego. Ego.

he's a pretty good author, have you read his ww II book?

>unconquerable rival
Pomepy had no troops under his control. The best he mustered up to fight Caesar were fags

>Borgia
which show? the one with Jeremy Irons?

I think he wanted to, but others insisted that he had to win a military victory for the prestige

lol no

Learning to program is a great help, not historically related, but after about a year or two of experience you can make programs that help you study and keep track of the way you do it. You know how 3d printers are still in their birth pangs? Machines that potentially replicate other machines with the right input? Programming enables you to do that with your memory/mind. We don't have meme tier transhumanism yet, but programming helps you develop your own curriculum.

netflix.com/title/70208792

He means Gaul and Britannia not Pompey

Will Durant The Story of Civilization

Bot post?

how modern males conquer:
they cry online

>Remember Her?
>Take A Deep Breath Before You See Her Like Now

Attached: arealwuman.png (390x428, 319K)

heh wait till the West figures out what they really want is just to rape and pillage every other shitty country.

It will happen eventually, be patient.

pillage the empty villages after they all went to sweden?

t. Vercingetorix

Got a pdf?

libgen(dot)io

The rise of Rome is a good place to start if you want to go from the beginning. The decline and fall of the Roman empire is good if you want to see how things ended. Read the abridged version if you don't have the time to read 10 volumes

I agree with this. Having knowledge of general programming helps tremendously with arguably any profession. I picked up Java for work and now I do the work of about 3 employees and they kiss my ass for it.

forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=caesar life of colossus&sr=topics&sf=titleonly

A good website for ebooks. Just create a fake login and get what you need.

Attached: Journey intro.jpg (1975x2229, 1.06M)

Attached: JourneyP1.png (2392x3348, 3.36M)

Attached: JourneyP2.jpg (2248x3442, 3.29M)

Highly recommend this to the people on this board. You guys need it more than anyone.

Attached: image.jpg (328x499, 151K)

Just to add. No one here has a reason for not reading or being unemployed:

b-ok.xyz/
forum.mobilism.org/index.php
allitebooks.com/

Caesar was facing controversy over genociding a group of germans entering gaul and went on military adventures in germany and britain to cover his ass and confuse the public as to what he was doing. he then genocided gauls and plundered tons of gold and enslaved thousands to get out of a rough financial spot and increase his own power. not a good guy. smart, yes.

A wonderful book written by a fellow white person

Attached: 53576373.jpg (488x488, 46K)

this jew book was already debunked

He gave them fair warning that if they began their migration, he would be forced to stop them

In the middle of 200 Years Together by Solzhenitsyn, this is a history of the relations between the Russian people and state with the Jewish people beginning from the reign of Catherine the Great. If you're an user serious about understanding the dynamics of jewish activities and the group psychology of the jews themselves or Russian history in general I seriously recommend this book.
Also it's heavily censored in the West, there is no complete English translation. The Jewish publishing industry omitted entire chapters, but thankfully the internet has filled in most of the gaps. You know if it's banned it's gotta be good.
here's a link to a nearly complete translation
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=4D82991C019B86F40E9D4865196D326D

Attached: 200YearsTogether[1].jpg (1500x2316, 201K)

btw - you should have a passing understanding of general russian history before reading this, an hour on wiki would do

Agreed. I don't know why Jow Forums loves them so much. They were a multi-cultural, degenerate empire of looting and pillaging rats whose demise left a power vacuum that in certain parts of Europe resulted in widespread ethnocide of the native population.

>i have no respect or appreciation for the glory of conquest or the imposition of order onto disorder
you're fucking bluepilled

kys germaboo

note how his biggest complaint against them is their demise
Big thinker here.

This is exactly the sort of manipulation that you should be expecting. This is Roman intervention followed by invasion tactics 101. Expand sphere of influence -> intervene in fight or diplomatic issue (that you may have provoked) -> invade.
The issue was not a Roman one, that was going to be solved by the local Gaul's, just as they did when the belgae migrated.

says the wop who is living in anglo civilization

No, I don't, least of all when my own ancestors were the victims of said conquest and when they had a perfectly stable cultural, political, and religious order that the Romans knowingly and deliberately annihilated, only to - to use your word - impose alien customs upon them.

And I trust that you have no issue whatever with a certain other foreign group in our own age "imposing" their variety of order upon what I would certainly expect them to call "disorder," correct?

I'm not German and I despise them.

I learned all I need to know from FNV

youtube.com/watch?v=NyeTaXv6o4Y

Not a big thinker at all. Big thinkers are the sorts of people who produce and admire the sort of imperial Frankenstein's monsters. Big thinkers are the sort of people who praise globalism and engage in social engineering.

Me, on the other hand? I'm a localist. I don't have time for "big ideas".

she's a fucking professor in Cambridge or Oxford too.
Some old cat lady who literally rewrites history in front of our eyes in order to fit in with her Marxist, progressive, pozzed excuse for a worldview.

What's your larp? Which ancient tribe are you pretending to be affiliated with so you can do this victimhood signaling bit?
>And I trust that you have no issue whatever with a certain other foreign group in our own age "imposing" their variety of order upon what I would certainly expect them to call "disorder," correct?
Jews are the sowers of chaos, are you kidding me? sorry man but you are in over your head, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

Again with the signaling. If you didn't care about 'big ideas' you wouldn't be butthurt over a dead empire. Fuck off retard

Hermann Arminius did nothing wrong

It's not a LARP at all. It would count for little if I told you who my ancestors were because you would know nothing about them.

>Jews are the sowers of chaos, are you kidding me?
As were the Romans. When I say that they annihilated the cultural, political, and religious order native to a particular region, I meant it. Traditions that had been produced locally over the course God knows how many years had been eradicated in a contrived effort by the Romans in some cases overnight. What is this if not chaos, or the fomenting of it?

As to the Jews, they are playing the same game. What you call chaos and what the Jews call chaos are not the same thing. If you consider what the Jews are doing as chaotic, with no purpose and no aim, while failing to observe the same behaviour in the Romans, then you know little if anything at all about the Jews.

Most of his soldiers were non citizens from Northern Italy, he gave them citizenship which was long overdue and they basically loved him for it.

from your lips to god's ears, though it was always kinda there.

The only butthurt person here appears to be you on the grounds that I'm not giving sufficient praise to an empire that I view as repugnant. Rome is dead and buried; I'm just saying that I don't miss it.

The weak should fear the strong
Caesar's intervention also established 300 years of peace, urbanization, and prosperity in Gaul

>I wont tell you my ancestors because you wouldn't know about them, its not that I'm a larping faggot and know you would call me out on it if I told you its just that you're to stupid to know

You can find the full translation online. Some autist on /lit/ a few years back thought it was his civic duty to translate the entire thing to spite the jews

Napoleon sounded like he'd be one of us. Bit of a bookish shut in.

If you can't wrap your mind around the difference between subversion/sedition and conquest, you are an idiot, understand? one is an honorable contest of arms between peoples, one is filthy and ratlike. end of discussion. nice memeflag faggot.

The good society

Gaul was already prosperous as evidenced by the substantial amount of grave goods we have, many burials being replete with locally-produced gold torcs and fibulae, richly-decorated swords, beautifully-constructed chariots, amphorae of Greek and Etruscan origin - the list goes on. None of this points to a people scrabbling in the dirt for a living, but rather to a competent, creative, wealthy people.

Urbanisation isn't much of an argument, either, given that oppida like Bibracte and Manching by the time of the conquest were already sporting sizeable populations, urban planning, and well-made fortifications, such that Caesar designates such places urbs rather than oppida.

Peace - this one's tricky because we have no Gallic sources that allow us to compare pre- and post-Roman Gaul's stability. We have only the Roman claim that this was one of the benefits of Latinisation, but classical sources are fairly notorious for intentionally fudging the facts when it suited them to do so.