Why does the government allow uber/lyft...

Why does the government allow uber/lyft ? My father has been a taxi driver for many years he raised me and my brother working his Taxi for more than 12 hrs a day at a time. He would average around $250 a day....now he is LUCKY o even make $80 a day. I can't stand looking at my father so depressed as a result of a hundreds of thousands of College fAggots driving for uber """just on the side""" that don't even know the city and have to look at their phones nonstop.

Attached: 300px-Yellow_cabs_2 (1).jpg (300x233, 28K)

Crappy outdated business model gets destroyed by modern technology. Sucks to suck

Free market, adapt or die.

Why does the government allow automatic telephone exchanges? My mother has been a switchboard operator for many years she raised me and my brother working her board for more than 12 hrs a day at a time. She would average around $80 a day....now she is LUCKY o even make $150 a day as a secretary. I can't stand looking at my mother so depressed as a result of a hundreds of thousands of software faggots that can't even connect a call with warmth and personality like she did.

Attached: switchboardoperator-136400304704402601.jpg (616x347, 162K)

So why Diesnt your dad become an Uber/Lyft driver? It's clear he has no greater ambition than driver, so why not be a driver for a successful and profitable organization?

Taxis were the biggest ripoff of all fucking time.

Constantly ripping people off with exorbitant rates and jewing people by taking the "long way" if the cab driver suspected that they're a tourist or don't know the area well.

An industry literally controlled by a cartel and backed by corruption from local governments for a skill that any decent driver over 25 could do for way cheaper. Fuck you.

Please justify why a license to drive people around for a living should cost more than $700,000.

Attached: taxicab.jpg (1600x1186, 194K)

this

Free market. Taxi companies didn't innovate for decades so when a strong competitor arrived taking advantage of modern technology, it gained huge momentum.

Attached: paul bearer.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

You're a good leaf, I'll tell the rake to spare you

Attached: 1496039207295.jpg (385x329, 13K)

Pretty awesome that something like uber is possible. So the uber drivers don't have to do some kind of costly course? Just have a drivers license and you're good to go if you work for uber?

That's one of the few things i can come up with that's really described as free market. It catches my surprise why the government allows it, but not for the reasons OP mentions.

My Dad built horse buggys. Business has really dropped off. Government should do something.

>profitable organization
lemme doubt that
here in spain they are protestin gto cut the ammount of uber/cabify licenses

...and make $80 a day. Great idea, you stupid cunt.

not the government's fault your dad doesn't have any talent and a shit ass business model

check'd

this meme right here is old school, I contemplated the raid that created it and forced it on /b/ fuckload of years ago, before ponies were even I thing probably

Good. Taxi companies deserve to suffer

I remember when there was a common joke in sf that nobody has ever hailed a cab in the city. It was damn near true too; cabs were hard as fuck to snag and typically you'd have to call and then wait like 30 minutes and they'd be expensive as fuck and driven by some filthy street shitter who didn't know where he was going.

This is why Uber happened. Suck it up, faggot.

If "hundreds of thousands of college faggots that don't even know the city" can provide the same service by just looking at their phones, then your dad is a useless shit.

why?

We get it, your Dads a loser.

You have to admit to the fact that gov’t regulations kept kept taxi supply artificially low which in effect resulted in higher prices that kept you and your siblings fed.

Attached: CCC7F78A-2586-40DF-BA6D-5F4863B78FCA.jpg (750x1169, 101K)

I like to use different reaction images to add some different flavors to the mix rather than going for the sameold flavors of the season

it was a raid of like maybe 3 or 5 dudes spamming that image non stop and goign "lel"

>College fAggots
It's all somalis driver here in Idaho

Because removing working class jobs is all part of progress. Then we can remove the working class.

Why is your dad STILL doing it then?

I feel sorry for your dad. He sounds like a good man. But the world economy is changing rapidly with technology for even our government to keep up.

Uber works because on average it is cheaper than taxis. In my city it is MUCH cheaper plus they get there quickly. Banning Uber is not a good idea - London did that and it caused them to lose hundreds of millions of pounds from the local economy while other British cities where earning more.

Can't your dad upgrade his skills in a trade and earn extra cash on the side?

Driving people around for money is not a full-time job. People need to get to the airport/work in the morning from 4am-8am, to home in the evening 3pm-7pm, and out on the town for weekend nightlife on Friday and Saturday nights. There are not enough “busy” hours to support full-time wages. Uber/Lyft drivers are true moonlighters who work a day job and drive outside of 9am-4pm.

Attached: 0413A779-64AC-4AE2-8935-1742B89046DE.jpg (750x1171, 100K)

My dad worked his ass of for many years and long hours so me and my brother could have a good life. Thanks to that me and my bro are currently enrolled in university because of the money he saved up.
Love you dad ;__; fuck uber retards

Why doesn't your dad just drive for uber or lyft instead of driving a taxi? Let me guess, he's a stubborn boomer who can't even use a smartphone...

Lastly, your daddy is the faggot...adapt or die!

Attached: AFF9AC79-D2A1-4F9D-803F-1C4E54FF2B53.jpg (750x1169, 105K)

Taxis have always been slow and overpriced. I'm glad Uber/Lyft happened. The only upside about taking a cab is that they know better routes and shortcuts.
I'm sorry about your dad tho.

I heard e-mail providers make a lot of money, too. Why cant people just write it in letters?

Driving taxi is a lazy/comfy job and calling someone like that 'devoted to finance a good life for his children' is absolutely disgusting unless he has down syndrome

Slow as in calling a cab a waiting. Last time I took one had me waiting over 30 minutes compared to 5 minutes via Uber.

This hasn't been possible since the 70's, larper. The taxi industries were taken over by arabs and pajeets in the 80's, no white man raised a family driving a cab. All the white drivers got real jobs, or got towncars and did private limo work.

>take taxi to hotel
>faggot expected a tip
Fuck taxi drivers.

Taxi companies are under regulation and have to buy "taxi badges" to operate.

Your father doesn't have any useful skills. College students can do the same job, part time, without even knowing the city.

WHAAAAAAA SOME MEAN PERSON CAME AND TOOK MY JOB BECAUSE I WAS LOUSY AT IT!

WHAAAAAAAA!!!

Attached: YOU.gif (500x282, 491K)

Because you fuckers charge fifty bucks to go five miles, take an eternity to even get to a pick-up point, and never thought to yourselves to make an app that let people get a cab from any location. Then, instead of trying to innovate and stay ahead of the curve, cabbies bitch and whine to the government to stop Uber/Lyft because DEY TOOK R JOBS.

Is it really a wonder why the cab industry is going down the drain?

It's absolutely unfair. Taxi companies have all kinds of regulations (hello Dem governors and mayors!) that Uber don't have.

Taxi companies are the ones who push for the regulations.

This.

The enemy of taxi drivers isn't uber, it's the government. Regulation is why you can't compete.

Cry me a river taxifags

Taxi drivers are one of the biggest shames of Prague. They were used to ripping people (especially tourists) off. Now with Uber, people finally have a choice. The drivers event went on a strike. People laughed at them, told them to get fucked and Uber got even more customers

unions used to be against extra wide paint brushes because they feared it would put painters out of work

Uber is a disruptive technology, that is part of progress, maybe you father has a hidden skill or knowledge that will change the world, but has been unrealized because his fat ass has been stuck hiding in a cab

you cannot stand in the way of progress, or you will get runover

why shouldn't a skill that you can get high school credit for provide a living wage?

Yes and the other servics, Lyft. In the south here we also have waitr where you can order restaurant food to your door or even mcdonalds. Now there are 2 grocery shopping ones and 2 that deliver liquor. If you have a car you got the job

Why are taxi drivers such scum? What is it about the profession that attracts the worst of people?

Then your father is a privileged asshole who though he could just pick one job and live well of it for half a century.
Holy shit the entitlement. My mom is a rural teacher, she worked 100 times harder than your lard ass "father".
Deep in the mud of a rural road trying to reach the school, for 30 years. And guess what? she made less than 7 dollars per hour for the majority of her career.

You are not supposed to be babysit by the State forever.

yeah but we're in 1st world countries, we expect more from our people

OK - Uber.
Get APP request pick up.
Ride on the way, the second you requested it.
Ride arrives show phone color and picked up.
Happily On my way to destination.
Dropped off and already paid for.
Have a great day.
BAM.

CAB -
Call number wait for under paid shitskin to answer- Get treated like shit when someone answers then Wait, wait, wait.
Call number AGAIN- Dispatch didn't send someone.
Cab company says sorry - states someones on the way.
Ajhmed shows up with zero social skills and pissed off at the world and doesn't even bother acknowledging you fucking exist.
Drops you off and looks at you like he fucking hates you. Not even a "have a good day".
Fuck you cabbies, The reason cabs are in such shit is because of these fucking towel heads not knowing how to talk to westerners and not giving a fuck and they can't even smile when your giving them cash for doing a shit job.

So have your father drive for UBER dumb ass.
Do you really need someone to give you and your father answers on how to run your fucking life. Does your father wear a towel on his fucking head.

Attached: downsload.jpg (300x168, 5K)

>1st world country
>only 56% white

>we expect more from our people
>expecting more from Uber/Taxi drivers
>expecting more from Jamal, Abdul and Sandeep
ok

Jewish economics designed to take money from people who aren't "rich" to reduce them back to a state where the people inside the club can manage them through access to welfare. The only guy actually making money with Uber is the guy who owns it.

I used to live next to a "Remis" station
>like a taxi but they dock in their base and go where you tell them to pick you up.
and they are were football "ultras" no one robbed in that street because of them.

>it's the government. Regulation is why you can't compete.
It's the big taxi corporations who pushed for that regulation. Now they're crying because the artificial scarcity is threatened.

Tell him to organize a cabbie union and beat the living shit out Uber drivers and set their cars on fire. They will quit Uber driving because it just won’t be worth the trouble. Lobby the local government to enstate a monopoly for the cab business. You have to fight for what’s yours.

>The only guy actually making money with Uber is the guy who owns it.
Nah, the software engineers (i.e. people with a talent besides something something retardedly common and universal like driving) are making plenty of money at Uber.

Maybe your father should drive for Uber himself and quit whining.

State of conservative capitalists that start crying when capitalism works but just not in their favour.
You aren’t a conservative, you aren’t a capitalist, you aren’t anything. You’re literally a “I want everything to go my way” faggot.

Hahahaha taxi FAGGOTS deserve to starve on the streets like the dogs they are ! Anyone who has traveled around has been ripped off by taxi niggers in different country's . Not anymore boyos the days of driving around in a circle hiking that taxi meter up are done , time to lay down and rot and let the alpha lfyt and uber drivers take what is now rightfully theres.

And yes I was ripped off a multiple times by taxi fags

Software analysts who live in a shitty part of the country that saps most of their income? No, they don't actually make that much money, they hold it for their masters for 4 weeks at a time without charging interest on the loan, and they're happy to do it because at least they never had to pick a fruit from anywhere but the grocery market.

>No, they don't actually make that much money
They do, actually, even when you factor in cost of living.

t. several friends who work in SF bay and sock away money for early retirement

why doesn't he join Uber or Lyft? he knows the place inside and out, no? or is there something preventing him?

This. Taxi companies and drivers set themselves up for this.

so then tell him to switch jobs
the fuck is the problem

Because white people haven't driven Taxi's since the 1970's.

>So the uber drivers don't have to do some kind of costly course? Just have a drivers license and you're good to go if you work for uber?
you can literally start working with only a license, car, and valid insurance the day you pass your background check

>My father has been a taxi driver for many years he raised me and my brother working his Taxi for more than 12 hrs a day at a time

It’s another business model killed by unions desu.

Do you honestly think that taxi companies wouldn’t have launched their own Uber or Lyft before those companies did if they found have had an R&D budget instead of paying out huge benefits and didn’t have to get the green light from the union to do so first? Of course they would have. Unions killed the taxi industry.

Cab companies and medallions stopped hiring White peoople for cheap sandniggers+foreigners starting in the 1970's.
Fuck taxi's, let them burn. Don't ever support an industry that cheaped the fuck out on labor while making service substiantially shittier and more expensive

Further, unions never would have let the person who developed an app for the taxi companies get paid what he deserved for developing it... well, until it was too late and going to disrupt the market. By that time, it’s too late to build sustainable brand loyalty.

kek

More efficient an better and cheaper for everyone. You can't sacrifice the freedom everyone has to do things better just to make a few guys better off. You'd be forcing people
to pay more for the same thing, not fair

In 10 years your dad won't even have a job

Blame the Jews , seriously do your research it's all them one way or another all the evil schemes involve a Jew sooner or later the Jew turns up.

Even if he does he probably won't make much. Pre-Uber Taxi drivers could make a lot more money.