Is there such a thing as a worthless degree?

Attached: thumb_sad-graduate-degree-2.jpg (700x400, 49K)

Yes

Women's Studies

Pretty much most of them. Networking is more important.

All of them are worthless. If you can't prove yourself to an employer without pulling out a piece of paper that you spent six figures on than you don't deserve the job. I've worked for four different companies in my life and not once when applying did they ever ask for a diploma. They just knew from my work and intelligence that I deserved the job.

Do you live under a fucking rock?

Attached: 65792FD0-4E33-484D-AABC-7F85E2547728.jpg (342x298, 51K)

anything not stem or law

No. If you're smart enough and know how to network you can get use out of even the most shit degrees.

Depends, but mostly no.

A Degree in art studies from the university of phoenix can stand land you a decent job if you know where to look.
Now that being said, if you're trying to apply to Nivida with JUST a degree from Devry university in economics, then yeah that's worthless.

Every degree is worthless in 10-20 years
>oh you're a mechanical engineer? So you walk around in a blue overall with a tool belt and do maintenance on air crafts yes? No? How are you different from pajit here, he has a mechanical engineering degree too and that's exactly what he did the past 5 years"

partially true, a degree wont get you a job, but it is required just to get the interview most of the time. Unless you have tons of experience that is.

This and networking.

Not really. The facts show the a person with a degree tends to make $1,000,000 over their working life than a person without. Employers still prefer people with degrees over those without. To them it proves you can actually get out of your house, go to a place, and do work.
The degree itself might in something worthless, but nobody said you have to work in your degree field.
I worked with a guy, he was an ace coder and had been doing it since he was 8. He had worked coding jobs in High School & all during college. He didn't get a CS degree, he majored in "American Sign Language." He said he wanted the piece of paper and the easiest course load because experience is what gets you hired. It worked.

Yeah good luck networking with your shitty tradeschool certification. Good luck ever having the wealth and power to control your own destiny.

I love how white men have collectively decided to create a vast underclass of blue collar and manual labor workers, forever to be enslaved by the Jews.

When you really look at your stupid decisions through a lens of pure logic, backed by an incredibly high Aryan IQ, your trades-meme is the future you chose--in other words the shortest path to extinction.

Anything to do with computing or finance is generally a good move, most of the rest are worthless. Degrees are worth less than the 3-4 years of work experience you missed out on to acquire them these days

I'm the only one in my office without a 4yr degree and I always get the highest bonuses. I always laugh at them about it. Stupid fucking idiots.
If you need a piece of paper to show your value, you probably don't have much.

The most important thing you can do for the white race, and for yourself, is keep your own life in order. Start with yourself. You must be competent, reliable, hardworking, and to the greatest possible extent, happy. Do people in your life trust and respect you? What does your family think of you? Are you capable of raising children? Racial politics doesn't have to be the only factor of your life. And if you can't achieve such things for yourself, then the chances are very high that you are not ready to be a political activist, either online or in real life. Because how can you make a difference for the race, for the lives of many, if you can't even make anything of your own, individual life? How can you make a real difference in society, when the greatest extent of your capacity is to be out-organized by jews on social media?

Always remember: we live in first world countries and have opportunities that most people born on this planet do not. Things aren't as good for us as they were for our parents. But billions of people in the third world would still kill to have the opportunities that you do right now. So take care of yourself! Work your ass off, every day, to build a good life for you, and for your family. You have the power to create yourself. Clear your mind of self destructive thoughts, and keep yourself focused on realistic goals. Work hard, but also do fun and wholesome things with real people in real life. That is very important. Nothing on the internet should ever take away from your real life.

It's true but not for the reason you're claiming. It's true because if you've been working in the same field for 10-20 years your experience is more important to employers.
Pajit has the job because they actually can't find anybody else with the skill.

>there wuz this 1 goi...

Attached: AnyMemes.jpg (291x400, 35K)

Yeah have fun with your 70k salary office job while high volted electrians are making twice that. I'm sure you probably fit in well at the water cooler with Janice and Panjeet.

Aahhh, I earned more than 1,000,000.00 in my first 10 working years and I have no degree whatsoever (in IT). What is your point?

Imagine being such a fucking hater you think I made that shit up. I bet 50% of people work in jobs not related to their degree. I don't.

Hahaha so little imagination. I made well over 800k in 10 years. I have my own office and will probably be self employed before you leave the university and gotten your participation trophy

Who cares, in 25 years most jobs will be gone. If you make it to 2050 you will see UBI and biological immortality.

I have a Masters in Finance from a great school faggot. We make seven and eight figures. I invest most of it and will retire with at least nine figures.

...I'm tempted to use the majority of that wealth to open tradeschools for non-whites and then replace you arrogant, stupid, shortsighted fools and watch you rot in the unemployment line where you belong.

...You disgusting snownigger. How dare you open your meth encrusted lips and try and talk down to your betters? Go back with you Mexican peers to whatever dive-bar you crawled out of and leave the politics to real men with real careers.

If it comes to money all degrees are worthless because nothing beats commerce or being on the stock market. Both only require 6 months of reading max.

Any Arts degree and most of the Humanities by extension.

>have no degree
>make 135k/yr

pretty much anything not stem

Post proof or shill

Uhm, you've led an extraordinarily sheltered existence if you think that was "hate", m8.

>muh art degree will ensure many prosperity. Very honour.

Attached: Autism_rage.jpg (300x137, 9K)

College is a debt scam. Period.

/thread.

The MUH ELECTRICIAN meme is one of the fucking dumbest. Electricians don't make that much money, even ones who own their own business. The HIGH END electrician makes what a starting Front-End Developer makes (the lowest Computer programmer).
If you've convinced yourself that manual labor pays more than Tech or finance you're a fucking retard. Nobody is impressed with these guys.

Attached: Electrician-meme.png (670x783, 52K)

>The facts show the a person with a degree tends to make $1,000,000

I've made well over that at age 42 working in a steel mill. Go union, boys.

Family connections?
This

Liberal arts.

Please tell me where you work so I can apply

>The HIGH END electrician makes what a starting Front-End Developer makes (the lowest Computer programmer).

Jaysus friggin' Christ on a stick.

Attached: laugh.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Funny you should mention that, but that's what I got, a BFA Art Degree in Illustration. Never used it, went to coding school instead after working retail and waitering, and now an office job developer for 15 years making $100,000.
The difference between me and the American Sign Language kid was he planned it, I didn't. I thought I was going to be an Illustrator.

Found the dropout

Imagine larping this hard hahah. Here's a (you) for your efforts. Thanks for the multi paragraph response faggot haha.

Yes. Just ask any liberal arts major.

If you are not going to college to study STEM or Law, you are wasting your time & your money.

Beat me to it! Dont forget african american studies! Ask UNC basketball athletes current and especially former players how the degree has enriched their life?!! They also got a free pass from the NCAA for tutors doing their work, some classes had no grades or no work at all and more. Everything okey dokie!

Attached: image.jpg (500x380, 49K)

Attached: image.png (380x349, 77K)

They chart is right there you dumb motherfucker. It shows the "high end" Electrician makes 78K.
This is why you're a poorfag, and probably not even an electrician.
What's a "high end" electrician? What is it he's working on your fantasyland that he's making all this money?

It depends on how you want to define worthless.

Yeah, because fuck lawyers and doctors and shit

Just show up to the clinic and give them a firm hand shake

No.

All degrees require basic General education classes. Which are essentially just an extra year or two of highschool.

So even if you spend the next two years studying nothing but basketweaving techniques you are still better off than if you didnt go.

The problem is that people just go to the best school they can get into, rather than the best school they can afford.

You are comparing all electrians to programmers who all live in high cost areas. Electrians in Seattle and the bay area make way more than the national average. 5yr high volted electrians in Seattle make over 100k before over time. It all depends on cost of living you retard. Of course an electrician in Arkansas doesn't make as much as a SF coder. Smfh.

Selling shipping containers. Look into it.

I forgot the + sign. I meant a degree holder tends to make +$1,000,000 MORE than a no-non degree holder over their lifetime.

Yes
Degrees that the free market determines to be worthless.

And how was your art degree pertinent?

BTW, I have one too. Utterly useless, But hey, I was also young and silly once.

Yeah, but in some fields, like photography, a degree really is meaningless. You could just do the networking without the degree. Nobody is going to hire or not hire you because of the degree they just want to see your portfolio.

Well put! Bravo!
I thank god for my parents every day for being the example in Everything you touched on.

i see we have another tradesman vs developers thread

Compare that figure against people just in a trade. I'm sure the figure is much lower when you don't count the high school drop outs at 7/11.

Pretty much this. You have to be a cognitive connoisseur or a crude reptilian to make something meaningful out of your life in the current world climate.

This guy is on the right path. The economy has a demand to be met and only so many open positions for qualified individuals. This is why most end up underemployed. On that note, an Economics PhD program is fantastic if you have a strong mathematics background. It opens up all sorts of opportunities in financial firms.

You forgot that average intelligence is enough for the fixing of electric grids of most kinds and you will always have a job. As software developer you need to be as high in intelligence as it is possible, you have to learn constantly, you can have the surprise that your specific field either gets scraped or automatized.

I know. They've been touting that figure for 20 years now. Still, I make around 100 K, give or take, for the past decade. My point is a union gig can net as much, or more, as a degree.

Btw he didn't meant a Networking Degree you guys.

>This is why you're a poorfag, and probably not even an electrician. *Casts magic missile.*

Attached: ROizl7k__400x400.png (400x400, 42K)

I have 3 of them

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png (1070x601, 507K)

The automatic dildos your wife uses to get an iota of satisfaction in her life.

Yeah. No. Why are you trying to push this bullshit? If you work in tech, you see electricians around all the time - they're dirty. low-brain powered poorfags.

Attached: electrician.Seattle.WA.png (668x274, 23K)

I don't necessarily agree that any degree is "worthless." Regardless of what your degree is in, it opens the doors to a lot of jobs that you wouldn't otherwise have access to (MINIMUM REQUIREMENT: BACHELOR'S DEGREE), especially jobs traditionally for women like secretarial work.
Further, if you get a master's or doctorate, it's not exactly too tough to get a job teaching at one of the 5,000+ colleges and universities in the US.
It can definitely be a net drain depending on how far into debt one goes and their ultimate goals, but it's far from "worthless," I would say.

>Is there such a thing as a worthless degree?
This is a PILPUL question.
PILPUL
LOOK IT UP
What did you put in?
What do you get out?
>A degree is only worth what you make of it.

Attached: 1499690653991.webm (720x1280, 1.72M)

Not in 2018.Any brainlet can become one with these easy universities.

Assuming you don't get into heavy debt then any degree is "worth it" in terms of estimated income. That said, a degree's value is heavily dependent on your strategy. If you know exactly what you're going to do then a degree can be extremely useful, especially if you know to network and do internships. If you just study whatever for the sake of studying whatever then you're probably just going to break even. Also, an expensive degree in something useless by a person who has put no thought or effort into their career is probably going to be worse off than a determined person with no degree.

This is speaking purely in economic terms though. It's perfectly understandable if someone wants to study, say, art or philosophy.

Buttblasted shut-ins who aren't smart enough for university. Enjoy poverty.

>he believes everything he sees on the Internet

>worthless degree
Faggot, yes. I'm a vet with a meme degree in Philosophy and I can't find work. Resume doesn't mean shit. If anyone is younger thn me and reading this -- let me tell you something -- go be a journeyman. Go find skilled labor and stay the fuck put. Get money, stay single, stay on the chan.

Depends what you mean by 'worthless'. If you study something you don't enjoy and don't end up employed in that field (or end up employed, but hating working in it) I'd argue it's worthless.

I've got a bachelor's in Hindi literature/Indian philology. Probably won't pay itself back monetarily in a big way, but I studied it because I was interested and it gave me a lot of experiences I could never have otherwise. To me that's worth more than a STEM degree.

You do have to learn constantly, but that's what keeps it from getting boring. I find it hard to believe that changing technology doesn't force even lowly electricians to not have to learn new things. Also, I'm sure there are unemployed electricians out there.
If you play your cards right in CS fields you can retire at 50 anyway.

Still pretty worthless to your soul.

Says the guy who believes the "Blue Collar Workers make more than White Collar workers" meme.
You definitely learned that on the internet because in the real world is not true.
It's from Glassdoor by the way, it calculates based on what employers are offering for that job.
You faggots don't know when you took the L.

>majoring in biochem
>professors are consistently impressed by my understanding of the material
>considering going for an econ phd just to work a job for 5 years and never work another day in my life

I can hold my own. I just say disdain and had to capitalize.

Dude good for you

How about you use actual numbers you fucking idiot. I'm not even an electrician. Just sick of you anti trade fags always talking shit. Look at actual numbers.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-05-22-11-53.png (960x540, 279K)

fucking plebs it depends on the school
top 1% = no worthless degrees
mid-tier = STEM, humanities for pre-law/med
low-tier = hahahahhah

im at the best west coast school and the majority of people I know start a MINIMUM 90k job right after graduating

Go look at how many electricians submitted their salaries to glass door. All like 4 of them. I'm sure the actual electricians are busy right now submitting their salaries!

I'm still a leftist faggot with a conviction that the world can know true social and political peace within the next 70 years.

lol what does your utopia look like? I'm all ears.

You can tell that poster is uneducated. Its not just a piece of paper.

>Buttblasted shut-ins who aren't smart enough for university. Enjoy poverty.

Just Imagine having to cart this boulder-sharp wit around all bloody day.

Attached: brainlet bike.jpg (369x334, 20K)

Yes and they are the obsolete ones. I know a guy that got an associates degree in typesetting. But in the 1980s Apple released a product that changed the industry overnight. He and every other typesetter in the country lost their jobs. He went from job to job before getting his math degree and credential. He became a public school teacher and retired with a sweet pension. It worked out for him in the end because he didn't give up.

>I'm tempted to use the majority of that wealth to open tradeschools for non-whites and then replace you
Good luck with that, hope you have insurance.

>no worthless degrees
That's because what you pay for at the top 1% schools, at least as far as humanities degrees go, is the ability to network with people who are, or will be very well connected to people in diverse disciplines.

Do you go to Caltech?

Well most importantly, there's useful jobs with a crowded market. Kids these days are so clueless about the world, they sometimes pursue a career without checking if it has a future first. Some studies will only make you yet another homeless, unless maybe you be one a teacher to make more homeless.

But in general, kids today couldn't even grow tomatoes, we've reached Idiocracy levels already. They can't even see they're useless to society.

Shit, you again? I haven't seen your posts for at least a year. You're really rude and wether or not you're a real kike, you are a kike at heart.

You will get gas or the rope one day, like all other bankers.

No, lucky really.

I dropped out of school to do freelance work making web sites back in the late 90s. I met a guy on IRC who had some work for me to build sites for Sony Pictures with flash and php. The experience and skills to do this kind of sort of work was not taught in schools back then.

I'm not saying you can do that today. You can't. I got lucky. In lieu of education, I have a long résumé with recognizable companies on it.

So thats like a 50K job in the rest of the country. Big whoop. And they have 35K in student loans. So after your student loan and credit card payments you are making the equivalent of someone working at Maccy D's

copypasta bait

if you get a liberal arts degree, and don't intend to go into Law, or Teaching or Translating, then you wasted every dime you spent on college.

If you make 90,000 and only have 35,000 in student loans at 7%, you’re not exactly in a tough spot. The people who are really fucked are the ones making 40-60,000 with six figure debt. There’s actually a massive number of them. All they do is the pay the interest and never actually pay down the principal.

if you think people graduating from Stanford.. hell any top tier school, are making the equivalent of a McDs worker, you are delusional.

stop letting media brainwash you with MUH LOANS. most of these schools pay your COA if your income is less than 100k

All of them

Attached: the bribe.jpg (426x450, 29K)

Are there literally no Jews in this thread who want to chat about college? Proves the IQ is a meme tbbqhbbq

The first step, in my opinion, to achieving a utopia is a growth of awareness of an individual's personality traits that may lead them to addiction, dependence, or inane pursuits of pleasure. By this I mean anything that falls under the umbrella of "things that don't improve physical/mental/cognitive health. So, incessant television, cell phone, or internet usage (unless for "productive" means), are wastes of time and have net detrimental effects. Also, what is important is recognizing rhetoric and propaganda and either having the skill to argue against it effectively or understanding how it may affect others. What people ought to do with this understanding, and what they will actually do is a discussion I don't have the time for.

That alone is near impossible. I don't imagine any of that happening, ever, which by extension leads me to believe that any idea of a utopia will be fraught with the ailments of modernity.

If you have the curiosity, I suggest you read up on a man named Edward Bernays. His works were paramount in setting the stage for the political ballbusting you see today.

Politicians rarely focus on problem solving out of the goodness of their hearts. There is, and always will be a personal agenda and corruption via lobbying.

Also, if you have time, try to find some modern yet obscure works on the Federal Reserve. It's quite amazing how much arbitrary power they have at their disposal. They turned a knob on interest rates during the 20s and caused a stock market crash because they were so apt at reading the political economy.

A utopia, for me at this stage, is a quiet farm in Italy.