Asian/korean architecture thread

We on Jow Forums often bemoan the lack of traditional and beautiful european architecture and there have been plenty of threads about it. But there are also asians on this board and they have their own architecture.
If North Korea and America can work out their differences then North Korea will get a building boom like the ones the 4 asian tigers have had. Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea and Hong Kong. And China can be added as well, people just don't like to mention China because the regime maintained it's power all through the building boom.
So, let's say you are Kim Jong Un. You rule North Korea like an ancient king or emperor, your word is the law. How would you build up your nation?
He is about 35, so he will get to see the end result and probably pass it on to his son. It's not called the Kim-dynasty for fun.
The picture is from one of the richest provinces in communist China
>richest province in communist china?
Not right now user. The point is, I cannot understand why any asian nation would build normal modern apartment complexes when you can build like that. I don't get it.
If I were Kim Jong Un, I would make it illegal to build modern buildings, but demand traditional korean and to a larger extent, asian architecture. After 50 years, he will have the most beautiful capital in all of asia, maybe even the world.
youtube.com/watch?v=FKDIpuh--N8
I really like this video and watched it 4 times now. The only thing I don't like is in the end where they show some modern buildings which kinda look asian, but not really.
storkli.com/south-korea-seoul-1898-2013/
In this link you can see the evolution of Seoul. I mean, from 1960 and onwards you can't even see you are in Asia or Korea anymore. You might as well be in America or Europe or Taiwan or Hong Kong. It's completely void of any culture and beauty and all there is left are big buildings built to make money and nothing else.

Attached: PagodaHighrises3.jpg (1338x752, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6da8ZBoH2ns
youtube.com/watch?v=NViRgMi5agE
youtube.com/watch?v=LMi-7GykZ-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More from the China province. They really went all out and I think it looks pretty good.

Attached: PagodaBuilding.jpg (800x410, 68K)

Attached: PagodaHighrises1.jpg (962x705, 131K)

This one has the more traditional asian roof and I think the roof is one of the best features of asian architecture.
Some say it is ugly, but personally I like it. I like it way more then modern buildings.

Attached: PagodaHighrises7.jpg (740x490, 401K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6da8ZBoH2ns
There is this saying. "Only drunks and children tell the truth" and I think this bitch is just daft and dumb enough to be considered a drunk child, because from 3:15 to 3:45 I think she is 100% right.

Attached: Skærmbillede (19).png (1366x768, 1.34M)

I honestly can't wait till I catch some cianiggers and get to execute them. I kill them one at a time and each time I make sure to ask the CIA if they have anything they would like to show. I think I might even go medival torture on them. You are by far the most disgusting pieces of shit I have ever dealt with.

Attached: Skærmbillede (14).png (1366x768, 916K)

Did you forget to take your meds user?

I think he did.

CIA niggers? You break into my apartment several times, you install cameras in my apartment. You install cameras in my computerscreen. You use subliminal sounds to either fuck me up or convey messages to me. I have to ask you.
When you broke in the first time and installed that camera behind my computerscreen. My computerscreen was fucked up in the bottom right corner. I had dropped it and the screen had gotten lose or something, so the entire right bottom had gone black. Then one day, after months of not working and me considering buying a new computer or new screen, I come home and it is fixed. Pure incompetence or on purpose?

I like this idea. I genuinely want to see a global anti-CIA force deployed around the world to kill CIA agents and their pet criminals.

There won't be a CIA left after I'm done with them. They will have to demolish their headquarters in Langley and start all over and call themselves a new name.

Go for it, user. I believe in you.

>This guy's gonna get sectioned

Mattis and John Kelly, I know you know.
I want 100.000 dollars in consultant fee. I want it from the CIA, I want it done properly. Which means I will pay taxes and all that.
If you make sure that happen, I won't torture cianiggers, I will just kill them.

What's with the cables going to the ground? Is taht for sway in the wind or what? They don't even really look that tot

The pictures you've posted are not bad But what I've seen for now gives me the impression that the east asian architecture doesn't hand itself to very tall buildings. They sure look better than a glass box but I would argue that the gothic style is so far the best way to create skyscrapers in a classical fashion. For lower buildings like up to 8 or 10 stories other styles work as well.

Attached: 1523730994980.jpg (1300x860, 355K)

Attached: 1523733230784.jpg (768x1024, 489K)

Attached: 1533476954475.jpg (1500x1037, 487K)

Is this the china cultural appreciation thread?

Attached: Chinese Suburbs.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

I very much love china, cutting edge, very much future of world

Attached: Chinese Demolition.webm (360x640, 2.36M)

Attached: Chinese Engineering.webm (640x360, 623K)

Most modern buildings just fail to meet the ground. They are dead at street level. I think this is on one had due to a lack of shops and cafes at the lowest level of office towers and due to the cold nature of glass and concrete. Stone or wood are just so more comfy.

elevator be dangerous, lets try moving staircase instead!

Attached: Chinese Escalators.webm (640x360, 348K)

sorry wrong one! this one.

Attached: Another Chinese Escalator.webm (720x400, 2.01M)

The people's architecture.

Attached: 1523528851306.jpg (780x528, 107K)

Attached: 1524685149836.jpg (1024x646, 186K)

Attached: 1512935963720.jpg (4373x3280, 1.75M)

Modern architecture is just bullshit

Attached: 1513306215842.png (628x599, 455K)

where did she go ?

lol

Attached: 1530456451805.png (751x908, 696K)

where are the carS?

she in heaven now.

i like the color scheme very nicely coordinated compared to western buildings which color their shit randomly

what do you think of the sugondese?

>But what I've seen for now gives me the impression that the east asian architecture doesn't hand itself to very tall buildings.
Ok, but what you seen so far is not that many buildings.
The modern materials came from the west, So we started building our first skyscrapers when we still had a culture and sense of beauty before it all got jewed and was about money. The asians have never really tried using modern western materials on their own architecture. They use the pagoda form a lot though, taipei 101 is such an example. I have shown you 3 attempts and I can't find anymore. Because all the other countries just copied western architecture when it was already ugly.
youtube.com/watch?v=NViRgMi5agE
Look, it's ugly as fuck. Every single fucking roof in the 2 minute video should be a hanok roof or some other asian roof. In all different kinds of colours and materials.

Attached: tapei101_ext-main2_(c)taipeifinancial.jpg (614x800, 93K)

>that the gothic style is so far the best way to create skyscrapers in a classical fashion
That's because you are european....Architecture is not a matter of taste, it's a matter of ethnicity and race. The form and beauty of buildings is connected to the very people that builds them. It makes no sense for koreans to build an entire city with gothic architecture

Attached: Skærmbillede (8).png (1366x768, 1.11M)

You suck at playing ball cia-niggers. This is why you need to die as an organisation, you do more damage then good.

This is one of my favorites, although wish the color was a darker shade.

Attached: Chinese-Architecture-1600x960.jpg (1600x960, 302K)

holy shit where is that?

Attached: ancient-chinese-wooden-architecture-07.jpg (600x449, 87K)

Attached: 810bb178e40282ac0b02ae3ebad6aec6.jpg (768x900, 118K)

Attached: 1360852110_0e99377a73_o.jpg (864x614, 144K)

Attached: china-pagods.jpg (1699x2358, 646K)

I would redo the entire facade. No glass. It should be stone of some sort. Put an asian roof on top and golden spire.
This cathedral is 161 meters high, it's a skyscraper.
It's easy to just build a super high buddist temple skyscraper.

Ok. Look at picture in this postIt looks good because it just talls cathedrals in different forms. Asians should just built tall asian temples. You just go up, you don't change the architecture. It's only to save money they did that.

Attached: 800px-Cathedral_of_Learning_stitch_1.jpg (800x1157, 145K)

Welcome to globalist Generica.

Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea and Hong Kong. They look like shit. They have no culture left in their architecture other then some few relics. They completely sold out for money and now all of their capitals are ugly as fuck and their building boom is over. It's too late to do it over now and their capitals will just look the same.
youtube.com/watch?v=LMi-7GykZ-I
Might as well be in america

Attached: Inside-North-Korea-Palace.jpg (960x640, 118K)