Intelligent Jow Forums only RE: Alex Jones

Having a person like Alex Jones on their platform could, and in all likelihood does affect their profits in a negative fashion. Such companies are not taking a stand against hate speech because it makes the world worse, but rather it makes their income worse. If Alex Jones was removed out of principle instead of profit, it would have been done so years ago. So what this means is that a person was deplatformed not because of what they have said but rather because what they were saying was not in the financial interests of those companies hosting their content; and that is what I find really unsettling.

The ability to spread one's message has become so dependent on the grace of private corporations, that said corporations have superseded the government to become the gatekeepers for what is and is not acceptable discourse. The 1st Amendment as it stands is therefore rendered more and more irrelevant in an increasingly capitalist society, as the private sector slowly devours the public one. The concept of "freedom of speech" only applying to the government regulating speech is an archaic idea derived from a pre-industrial society where tyrannical monarchs were the arbiter of what was and was not acceptable speech. Ultimately, the idea of "Freedom of speech" can roughly be translated to "Those who have the power to regulate discourse should be kept under scrutiny to ensure that such power is not abused." The only two solutions imo would be to create a new amendment to extend the application of the 1st Amendment or to break up large tech companies as the direction of public opinion rests in the hands of a small number of corporations.

TL;DR: Speech has effectively been privatized and as such acceptable speech will be determined by whether or not it is financially beneficial to the small number of companies who have a oligopoly over public discourse.

Attached: BF99CB71-4F3F-4F6B-82C7-F9F4BDEFB799.jpg (259x194, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j8wwPAVNVn8
bitchute.com/channel/infowars/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It'd be nice if this allowed a lot of retards in here to become way less pro-Capitalism and saw the benefit to restraints, but that will probably not happen. They're just gonna do some more mental gymnastics and try to tie it back to Marxism again.

"hate speech"

doesn't exist.. hateful actions are real, but 'hate' is subjective..

TL;DR: hate speech don't exist and England is cucked

Attached: 1488946496854.png (1080x789, 1.61M)

glenn beck predicted this

Attached: glenn.png (800x483, 482K)

It’s time to pass a Digital Bill of Rights to treat social media as telecommunications companies who are forbidden by law from discriminating against people and media outlets based on their political opinions

The reality is that the establishment is way behind schedule. The house/senate and presidency got bogged down by the silly peasants for a few years and they hope to change that. They are hoping to take control of the legislative branch and they can't do that when their very own platforms are allowing competitive voices to be heard.

There is racketeering against the political "right" candidates leading up to the midterms. The censorship is a calculated "risk". We will continue seeing violations of this kind more regularly. They can tie up the courts endlessly while they pull their shenanigans.

If their censorship efforts fail the next stage will be blatant tyranny, sort of like how your country is handling the Brexit vote now.....

They give the people just enough say to keep them placated, but when we take it to far they put the hammer down on us.

Glenn "gatekeeper-of-the-right" Beck?

Attached: 1488005750521.png (404x303, 173K)

Bumping for actually a good post. The corporate dystopia is real, and it serves the overlord central bankers better than government ever could, because there's even less of a need to act in the interest of the people. Corporations are already more powerful than many state governments, and the top corporations will likely be handily more powerful than the federal government within the next 20 years.

I think that the shitty The Young Turks is behind this

Never thought a meme flag would get it right.

Yes this is how the Jews are doing it now. This will include control over commerce as well. After all, the platforms will all be "a private company" so they can do what they want. Meanwhile funneling millions and millions to gov officials who ensure no competition can ever arrise.

Youtube isn't losing revenue by having Alex Jones on their platform anymore than having Pewdiepie on it. They pick people they don't like and selectively discriminate/demonitize them, it has nothing to do with profits.

Alex Jones is a Kremlin asset, who cares if CIA takes him off their platform. He still has Kontak and Pravda to bitch about the West.

Their message ultimately hurts their bottom line

Funny how one right wing pundit gets thrown off Facebook and all the cuckservatives turn into a bunch of flaming liberals
>muh monopolies

Maybe if conservatives stopped sucking the dick of capital they could do something about capital censoring them. I don't have a tear to shed for Alex Jones. It's about time conservatives know what it's like to be censored.

I remember what the internet was like before corporations took it over. You could say anything you wanted. Now Jow Forums is the only place left where you have free speech.

ITS TIME TO ATTACK THESE MEGA CORPS ON ALL FRONTS

But these same corporations are allowing buzzfeed,mtv, huffington post,videos that talk about how white people and men are evil. They can make videos about critiquing Christianity(I’m not even Christian), yet Islam is untouchable. Look at what’s happening with Tommy Robinson.

Facebook hq will be bombed in 6 days.

InfoWars isn’t supported by (((advertising))) so (((they))) had no way to control the message outside of outright censorship. The social media platforms have all of the data on the growth of their media accounts. The MSM accounts are swirling the shitter while alternative media is building exponentially. They cut him off before he reached critical mass. If InfoWars has their systems on AWS (Amazon Web Services) or the Google Cloud they need backup plans ASAP. I plan on buying lots of InfoSwag to support the rebellion. The civil war is warming up, water filters are going to be worth their weight in gold. Clean water makes the pussy wet during SHTF.

>The decision to ban Alex Jones was based on financial interest and it was a coincidence Google, Facebook, Apple and Spotify banned him at the same time.

Fuck off

I’m telling my reps to break up big tech, are you or are you concern trolling? It’s not about past, it’s about now and the future

THEY SHOAHD DAVID KNIGHTS YOUTUBE
>NO STRIKES
>MYSTERIOUS COMPLAINT
>GRANDPA READING THE NEWS AND TALKING ABOUT VACCINES IS FUCKING GONE

Attached: 1533589873642.png (633x714, 165K)

Just wait till Alex Jones """dies""" and becomes yet another one of his personalities.

I would let conservatives get a bigger taste of censorship. When it happens to them, it's bloody murder but of course not a peep out of these people every time I got banned. Let some more conservatives get censored first. They need to know what it's like.

I also have no interest in helping conservatives or seeing them succeed.

>having more content available on your platform makes the profits go down
nigger what? Are you really suggesting that there are people so hellbent on hating alex jones they choose NOT to use youtube? What the fuck do they use then, bitchute?

Fucking mohammed go kys and then rape a goat.

>Speech has effectively been privatized and as such acceptable speech will be determined by whether or not it is financially beneficial to the small number of companies who have a oligopoly over public discourse.

Money doesn't talk it swears.

Also I think it has more to do with Pic related. I know you wanted to keep it intelligent but Jones had his own private backers, big companies too. Just got shoad

Attached: 1532311369812.jpg (439x290, 23K)

You got banned (by something) so you’re against free speech. You’re a sub 80 IQ retard

If I don't have free speech then nobody should have it. I'm up for solutions but unless those solutions protect the speech of everybody and not just conservatives then I'm not interested.

I'd agree if I hadn't seen companies throw profits down the toilet and alienate the customers that have been with them for decades in favor of political messages.

So Infowars is pretty much done now.

Poor Alex

>So what this means is that a person was deplatformed not because of what they have said but rather because what they were saying was not in the financial interests of those companies hosting their content; and that is what I find really unsettling.
that's some pretty impressive mental gymnastics but the fact that multiple different companies did it on the same day blows your bullshit rationalizations out of the water. kindly kill yourself you boot licking fuck

>Alex "Arabs Run Hollywood" Jones
No thanks, the kike gate keeper can sell his snake oil somewhere else.

Attached: 216878_900.jpg (540x530, 63K)

>It’s time to pass a Digital Bill of Rights to treat social media as telecommunications companies who are forbidden by law from discriminating against people and media outlets based on their political opinions
somebody is too young to remember the hackers manifesto
*crack* *siiiiiiiiiippppppp*

I really doubt it. Anybody who views his content makes the company money. He had millions of viewers. This will hurt their bottom line.

I think you're right, at the end of the day it all comes down to money and profits.

Because Marxists don't regulate free speech, right?

It's the radical left Marxist mob that is most "vocal" (no pun intended) about regulating content and censoring ideas they disagree with.

All these California-based tech companies are full of leftwing shitlibs.

The left is and always has been the problem.

Dumbshit, Freedom of Speech does not mean you also get the right to have your free speech broadcast you dumbshit. Alex Jones can still say what he wants, he just can stand on his porch and shout it out to the wind now. No one is required or will be to magnify his speech for him...you dumb fuck. No one has silenced him, they just unplugged the speaker system he was using that THEY own....you dumbfuck.

meme flag throwing shitty forced memes...

CHICOMs own Hollywood in the past couple year lolol. Muslim money is deep in Cali as well

Attached: 1488776545702.jpg (771x701, 94K)

There is nothing stopping Alex Jones from starting his own video and live streaming site. Stop relying on corporations to be your soap box. Your argument is pretty fucking stupid.

Wrong

If you want companies to take losses for your gain, then consider passing tax laws that give some of your tax dollars to them to make up for whatever they believe is their net losses from carrying such crap. I am sure Spotify would be fine allowing Jones if congress passed a 1 billion dollar package for them to compensate.

When I watched jones videos with adblocker off, I got campaign ads for republicans and CRTV advertisements

how are those targeted ads not making youtube any money?

I will explain to you the REAL reason, whey Alex Jones was removed, and make sure you think deeply about it, if you don't understand the meaning and scope :

Alex Jones wasnt removed because of Alex Jones; The goal is to remove the possibility to communicate with each other of peaple, ALL people.
Because when people can no longer reach out to each other, THEN people can be disappeared. Noone will be able to reach out, ask for help, the message when another one will be disappeared in real live will reach NOONE in the end. Noone will know when, who, where to, why ppl disappear.

This cencorship is the last major step, befoe the final step : The (actual, real life ) purge.

When the ppl are disconnected from each other and can no longer communicate, then ppls will be taken out and exterminated in real life, and noone will be able to ever see it or to figure out, what is really going on.

This is not a joke, and not hyperboly. It is just the eagle's perspective on things that are going on.

So : Ammo up !, Stockpile weapons, screen you neigbours for leftism, stockpile prepping materials and food, ... Create lists of leftists in your surroundings! - These are the actual spies n enemies, the scum that will try to get you killed, the scum that will get your stuff and will falsely accuse you of hate crime n shit, leftists will send the murder-mob on you, etc.p.p .....

Keep wearing your red hats faggot. It makes it easier to target you.

+1

this is basically 1984

we're here folks

time to get Joel Skousens strategic relocation

>in all likelihood does affect their profits in a negative fashion
>millions of subs
Lol K.

Bitchute it is, free market and all.

>this is basically 1984

Attached: 1512026020007.jpg (828x1034, 139K)

I think you meant to say Bill Hicks.
youtube.com/watch?v=j8wwPAVNVn8

Someone post the video he was banned for please, I missed it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I agree 90% with you.

10% - Alex Jones was not removed because he was not profitable, it is absurd thing to say, he literally has millions of followers. He was removed because politicians asked their big tech friends for a favour in exchange for turning a blind eye.
Big tech is virtually the only gate keeper that decides if you exist online. They can literally remove you from existence. If google removes Alex Jones, he doesn't exist anymore.
Sooner or later, they will have to be regulated.

Also, fucking libertarians, can you just shut the fuck up about "free market". Where is free market you clowns when google controls 99.99% of all search engine business and there are literally only 2 major political social media Facebook and Twitter.

Attached: 1495242119733.jpg (250x201, 12K)

I don't know why companies haven't learned censorship will tank your product quicker than anything. I want a company to come out and say we aren't censoring shit so don't bother asking. You will get flooded with users. Sure some big name sponsors may steer clear of you but quite a few wouldn't pass up millions of daily users.

If you find any alex jones videos, you should download them, catagorize them, and seed them on bit torrent

they will try to erase him from the web

So you are admitting capitalism doesn't work and only communism can save us?

if a private company is using public infrastructure they should not be allowed to do this.

Infowars on BITCHUTE !

bitchute.com/channel/infowars/

Corporations cannot be expected to adhere to higher values. They may simply be responding to threats from liberals who could affect their business models or who knows maybe it is an elitist conspiracy. Bottom line is that these companies, for all intents and purposes, are now operating as monopolies and need to be regulated as such. But this opens another can of worms in that bureaucrats can then make the calls. Who knew the internet would succeed in controlling thought and free speech?

What happens when said companies mass fire employees in retaliation?

>US tries to pass some retarded law to control these massive companies, most of them nearing over a trillion in worth
>companies reply that due to this they will need to lay off up to 60% of their US workforce and will have to move their HQ out of the US

These 4 or so companies make up damn near 5 trillion dollars

The CONstitution doesn't apply to corporations.
Perhaps it's time to change that?

>Corporations are already more powerful than any state government,...
ftfy

SUGGESTIONS?

Bump.

This is also the best way to understand lots of newer phenomena in advertising and art - mixed race couples, gay characters etc. It's hard for Jow Forums to realize, but the majority of the outside world is now full of people who are either ambivalent to, or strongly passionate about multiculturalism and sjw talking points.
(For example) When Cheerios uses a mixed race couple in their commercials, most people are ambivalent, a small group of people become slavishly devoted to Cheerios for advertising 'to them,' and a smaller group reacts slightly negatively, but not necessarily to the extent that they'd boycott the product (Cheerios might even elicit one of those retarded boycotts where you buy the product anyways, but film yourself destroying the product on YouTube to get your 'reeees' out). The virtue signalling is usually a big free value-add for their consumer base, plus maybe Fox News will give them free advertising.

Q predicted this

What happened to good old fashioned American trust busting

Attached: 1533585152705.jpg (564x562, 64K)

Just a few months ago we were all laughing about Ajit Pai trolling the libs, or about net neutrality doom-saying in general. Now it seems like people want YouTube to be nationalized.

I would agree but the fact that so many companies banned Jones within 12 hours of one another in a coordinated strike is a bit concerning.

The left throws in wirh big business and the right wants monopolies broken up. good stuff

I would absolutely be in favor of this. People forget the context of the Bill of Rights - two hundred plus years ago, the government was essentially the only entity that could censor free speech, but it's not like that now and the laws should be updated to reflect that. People who argue that Facebook, Apple, etc. are not violating the First Amendment are right in the letter of the law, but absolutely wrong in the spirit of the law.

Strawman argument. Have you ever bitched about airplanes? Video game prices? EULAs? There's technically nothing stopping you from starting your own airline, development studio, etc, but you don't do it because of an innumerable amount of practical reasons. So either acknowledge you have a shitty argument or never bitch about any corporation ever again.

Marsh v. Alabama

speaking is an action, moving your lips, or fingers to type, is an action, and all plain actions as you describe are expressions of the will at any rate.

pretending only a punch in the face matters or has any effect on anything is ridiculous. if speech is so ineffectual why did you bother posting?

why call england cucked if it's meaningless? just to enlighten them to the truth so that they may act on it? every catalyst is as real as its reaction, so don't prance around spouting niggerfaggotnigger like "teehee it's just words xD" call them a nigger and be proud of truth's palpable effect