Getting cancer to own the libs

Getting cancer to own the libs

archpaper.com/2018/08/epa-asbestos-manufacturing/

Attached: 5959D3FA-94FB-402A-9D42-81F4EFC0F2EC.jpg (1242x787, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=28&tid=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It’s an extremely affective fire retardant.
You won’t get cancer from asbestos in a wall.

>You won’t get cancer from asbestos in a wall
You will if it finds its way out of the wall in any of the million ways it could happen.

We have the equipment for safe handling of it now. And it's a pretty well paying trade job to boot. Plus we absolutely need more workers to remove that shit in older homes properly.

Let the free market do it. Jeesh. It's not something they'll ever let idiot people buy anyhow.

Hola reddit

if we can safely handle uranium, I think we can handle asbestos safely. Besides they are not using it as insulation anymore. They convert it to chlorine to make PVC and vinyl.

Is not worse than fiberglass manufacturing, I bet they will use the same kind of air filters to work with it.
If your walls are falling apart, asbestos is the least of your problems.

Not likely.. and even if you do, the amount would be minimal. When you say shit like what you have it almost makes me wonder if you realize that the cancer is a result of the inhalation of the fibers, which are similar to fiberglass... you know, just like insulation. Further, while most cases of mesothelioma are connected to fiberglass, that doesn't mean that a short one-time exposure to it would increase your risk much at all.

Connected to asbestos, rather.

Yes let's continue to drown the planet in toxic shit praise kek

Allow illegal immigrants to temporarily stay if they place asbestos. They get cancer. Deny illegals healthcare.

Knock 2 birds out with 1 stone. Asbestos is safe once placed properly. Now what reddit faggot?

Hey is it true Russia is one of the largest producers of asbestos?

Attached: 36064110_531137050617883_2519887957154856960_o.jpg (1000x1500, 225K)

>being disingenuous enough to make it look like asbestos will just be regularly used again
its going to be on a case by case basis. We can handle it safely. You know industries use hazardous materials already right??

>more effective materials for insulation
>less energy diverted to cooling
>less plastics and synthetic/non-biodegradable products used overall
how will the planted ever recover??

Sola dosis facit venenum. This is a latin phrase spoken by the founder of Toxicology. His name was Paracelsus. In English it means "the dose makes the poison." Dumbed down, it means "everything is toxic.. what matters is the dose."

Now stop being a retard.

If carbon fiber catches fire and you are near, it can be extremely deadly.

>trip
>nose breaks your drywall
>inhale asbestos
>get cancer
>chemo costs thousands a month
>cant get a job because now it's a preexisting condition
>forced to live off of medicare or die

Thanks, exactly what we wanted, Trump.

Is this going to fix housing prices?

carbon fibre can't catch fire you moronic drumpftard

wow, i didn't think this level of retardation was possible...
more like:
>trip
>break nose on drywall
>story ends here
>you cry in a puddle of blood for your mommy

That happens ALL the times through tiny cracks.

Will you MAGA faggots defend anything your corporate overloards shove down your throats? lol

>inb4 absolutely no one uses them because it's 70 year old technology and we have much better fire retardants now a days.
Still I don't see what the point in legalizing the stuff is, cystic fibrosis is horrible

lots of materials are bad for the lungs. can't ban everything. take precautions and asbestos is not that bad.

Make mesothelioma great again

>That happens ALL the times through tiny cracks.
lol, no.

What's the big deal, OP?

Asbestos was a problem only in certain manufacture fields. You shouldn't breathe in Asbestos dust, drink water contaminated with it, or work with paints loaded with it. People were dying from cancer caused by asbestos because they weren't using proper PPE back in the day.

It's time to stop fearing asbestos like the retards you all are (the ones freaking out over it).

>You won’t get cancer from asbestos in a wall.
This is boomer tier selfishness.

Sure, you won't get cancer from asbestos, but our grandkids who will be restoring/demolishing the building will.

My grandpa is 95 and his house is built out of the stuff.
He said he used to work with it a lot. Sawing it getting dust in the air without a mask.
I only asked him about it when I was a kid because my Mom said the stuff was bad and I guess he wanted to show how tough he is.

In what fantasy land does it happen all the time?

Dilbertman just said how strange it was there have been no "Trump cut X regulation, look at the awful results" stories so far.

>lol, no.

I made my BA in Architecture, user. We shut down a myriad of buildings here, where it happened and countless people got it into their lungs, where it never leaves.

You can believe me, or not. It does not affect me. You MAGA shits will defend anything, while the admin is fucking you over. lol

The epa did very little in Obama’s time so I doubt they blocked asbestos use anyway, useless agency

>our grandkids who will be restoring/demolishing the building will
How often would you jump out of an aircraft in flight.. without a parachute?
Would you ever take a huge whiff of a known biological agent.. without wearing protection?
Would you trust yourself with the "pull out method" even after being told that precum could carry semen, thus get the female pregnant?

No matter what you do, if you're doing it ill-prepared for your own protection you're a fucking retard. Nothing different there. YOUR grandchildren should get a fucking darwin award if they get cancer and die from asbestos in the method you describe.

Attached: 1260435364.jpg (600x450, 38K)

>but our grandkids who will be restoring/demolishing the building will.
There's a whole field with new technology that does this sort of thing constantly without giving everyone cancer called "asbestos abatement". Wear a damn respirator, kids.

>I made my BA in Architecture, user. We shut down a myriad of buildings here
by "we" I assume you mean not you. Good on you for shutting down poorly-constructed flop houses though.

>let's use dangerous materials just for shits and giggles
Like I said, boomer tier selfishness.

>shits and giggles
see cost/effectiveness ratio is good for what is a natural material

There are alternatives that aren't as dangerous.

This. The EPA will approve new uses of asbestos. Most likely those new uses will in heavy industrial processes. It is not lifting the ban on already prohibited uses of asbestos. Fake news.

our building are already made out of plywood and plaster, do they REALLY need to be any cheaper?

>Made out of glue and carbon
>Glue cant catch fire
God damn, you people think youre actually the intelligent ones.

You imbeciles are retarded. The problem with asbestos isn't only breathing it in the moment you're handling it, but rather how difficult it is to clean the environment afterwards. So your plan is to wear a mask and then... keep wearing it for the next couple years? People who have never worked with asbestos shouldn't comment.

1. Russia is the biggest producer and exporter of asbestos.

2. Trump is vocally pro-asbestos, he thinks it is being unfairly targeted, and that asbestos would have prevented the World Trade Center towers from collapsing.

3. One Russian asbestos company even puts Trump’s face on its products.

That may all sound ridiculous and made up but welcome to the hell that is 2018.

>Hurr durr, these changes will be retroactive. They're going to tear down the current homes and rebuild them with asbestos.
Please tell me you're not really this retarded.
There's an alternative to EVERY FUCKING THING. Don't want to desalinate water so you can live next to the ocean? Then fuck off inland and find a fresh water stream. Don't like using a keyboard? Use speech recognition. Don't like your mother? Move out of her basement then. Just because an alternative is available doesn't automagically make it better in any way. You say "it's less dangerous" but that's blatantly ignoring everything that has been told to you already.. thus, wilful ignorance.

Obligatory reminder that most pollution comes from Asia and Africa.

A leaf not informed on gravity. Color me shocked. It's not fucking radiation you brainless cunt.

>by "we" I assume you mean not you.

Of fucking course i am not one of the poor workers, who actually do the hard work. Many of those got cancer, because even being in those buildings without masks can get you sick.

But keep sucking that MAGA dick, my dude. You don't seem to care about your fellow compatriots as long as you can score points, eh?

What an absolute faggot.

you talk like a gay

Attached: Boogeycomrades.jpg (749x500, 45K)

Fiberglass particulates are generally bigger than asbestos, but I’ve known several industry professionals who casually stated fiberglass is going to be next on the health shitlist

>nose breaks your drywall
I tried to sue my landlahd, but he was my lawyah too! OY VEY!

>be American
>hang up picture frame
>get cancer

Asbestos-related illnesses are still one of the biggest killers in the US. All it takes is one microscopic fiber and you can end up with bronchogenic carcinoma or Mesothelioma.

Russia is the primary manufacturer of asbestos. They put Trump's face on their products because they're stoked to be able to sell asbestos to the United States.

Of course their people would show up here to gaslight about how swell asbestos is, how poor old asbestos is misunderstood.

>dissolve all of your institutions
>don't be concerned about the prevalence of carcinogenic materials, it's nothing, everything is fine
>don't you hate Obama?

We're not "defending" anything.
You're ignorant and pushing alarmism.
Leftist faggots: OMG Trump and asbestos!
Right-wing Americans: It never stopped being manufactured. It's an excellent fire retardant, and we've known for decades how to use it safely and have done so.
Leftist faggots: Will you DEFEND ANYTHING OMG?!
Right-wing Americans: Not defending anything - trying to educate your dumb ass.
Leftist faggots: CORPORATE OVERLORDS!
Right-wing Americans: Corporations employ the majority of Americans. Making America an attractive destination for industrial corporations creates a foundation of employment and competition among commercial centers who compete for business from the industrial working class.
Leftist faggots: RACIST BIGOTS!

Attached: map_626px.jpg (626x442, 73K)

>We shut down a myriad of buildings here, where it happened
In other words, old construction from before people knew how dangerous that stuff was. This is the same kind of attitude that prevents new nuclear power plants from being built.

Gosh.. with bullshit like this being spewed, how did anyone in the US survive past the 80s?

>born too late to collect millions from mesothelioma (((lawyer))) hotlines
>born too early to defraud my alien invasion insurance
>God decided to give me anothee chance
Sweet baby Jesus, thank you! Pat Jewcanon, here I come for that sweet sweet NEETbux

Attached: IMG_4612.jpg (1024x832, 120K)

Asbestos is flame retardant in the first place

asbestos is cheap and everyome is aware of what it is now, everyone that would have to work in a wall or ceiling has to be trained on it

also asbestos has changed, new manufacturing techniques have made it less friable and safer. asbestos isnt actually poisonous, its just when it crumbled into dust the dust caused growths in your lungs. but new, less friable asbestos, mostly avoids this problem

He’s an outlier case. He’s lucky he didn’t get mesothelioma. Plenty of others died horribly because of asbestos.

Attached: TSTBaQ7.jpg (1462x2046, 98K)

>but I’ve known several industry professionals who casually stated fiberglass is going to be next on the health shitlist
Wouldn't be surprising. Wear your PPE, people.

>This is the same kind of attitude that prevents new nuclear power plants from being built.
That's such a shitty analogy because insulation isn't some hard fucking problem to solve that we even need to turn to asbestos there's a shit-ton of cost-competitive alternatives why involve carcinogens at all?

But then any major damage to a building is going to fucking ruin an area, right? Couldn't massive damage to a building potentially put that shit in the wind damaging like an AoE?

Is it really worth the risk?

Yeah. I've seen the lawsuit commercials.

That makes sense. And then of course we have to keep in mind that Jow Forums is also inherently contrarian, so advocating FOR asbestos makes sense. It's not like there are a lot of construction workers on Jow Forums whose job it is to deal with asbestos.

>Plenty of others died horribly because of asbestos.
You don't seem to realize that THEY are the outliers. The risk does not increase to 100% simply because you work with it. And I'll state it again since some Aussie fucker spewed a bunch of bullshit up above ("one fibre lasts forever!" - no, it doesn't.. it does last years, but not forever); AMOUNT OF EXPOSURE MATTERS. Think about it.. every fucking home in the nation probably had asbestos in it prior to the banning... yet mesothelioma was and still is considered RARE. You have a higher risk of being killed in a car accident.

It's not only that, it has a fuckton of useful properties

Imagine how mamy illegal laborers this will kill

I was a construction worker and an asbestos consultant, actually. I currently work as a regulator at the state level, working primarily with landfills. I’m honestly here because the alarmist, reactionary news to this has driven me to Jow Forums. I’m not personally advocating for asbestos, it’s obviously terrible despite its mineral properties. I am, however, advocating for some education and common sense. People seem to think asbestos was illegal and now it’s not, it’ll be in homes everywhere! It’s simply not the case...and it’s already in homes everywhere

>They convert it to chlorine to make PVC and vinyl.

In 2015, Russia produced 55% of all Asbestos, around 1.1 billion kilos.

>tfw I own two houses built after asbestos was banned and now my home's value will skyrocket due to an influx of new asbestos riddled homes flooding the market.

Bless Trump.

Anons I love Trump and everything he's doing..
But WTF?? Why is this okay doesn't that shit give you mesothelioma

Worth it

>our grandkids
To have grandkids you have to have kids.
And to have kids you have to get laid.

It’s incredibly unlikely that a new use involving any sort of public exposure would be approved. And a company would have to be real stupid to invite all the lawsuits down the line, unless Cave Johnson is running the company

ok this is actually kinda disturbing to me and makes me really think trump is a fucking kike whos just slowing down the process of us being kike'd just so we dont all revolt violently

fake news. brakes use asbestos and have for years.

>you won't get cancer from asbestos in a wall

until, you know, you want to do renovations or a kid scrapes at it for some reason, or you punch a hole in it moving furniture, or there's a fire, or...

thats what that stuff is?

>where it never leaves
What a load of bunk. How do you think dust gets out of your respiratory track? Cilia push solid particulates back up to the sinus

We're exposed to asbestos every day of our lives. It's in the air, it's in the ground and it's in the water we drink. I don't want to cause widespread panic from Jow Forums retards, so don't tell anyone, okay?

>In fact, some fibers may move through your lungs and can remain in place for many years and may never be removed from your body.
atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=28&tid=4

welcome to 1970!

most types of brakes. that why they have brake cleaning drums that roll under your wheels on a lift. supposed to wet down the dust so you dont breath it.

>It’s an extremely affective fire retardant

Starlite was better, shame Jews killed it.

It's more or less an agenda to weed out the low IQ scum of the earth right?

wtf u saying leaf?

The effects of asbestos were known when it was still being used in popcorn ceiling and insulation. Companies will use this in new development because asbestos is cheap and there is an affordable housing crisis.

i'm saying they havent put asbestos in brakes in decades.

The important part is what it says about chrysotile fibers. Those are the ones that cause cancer. Now continue reading your own source.. specifically here:

>Levels of fibers in lung tissue build up over time, but some fibers, particularly chrysotile fibers, can be removed from or degraded in the lung with time.

Asbestos still has many decent uses if it is used in the correct manner.

>and that asbestos would have prevented the World Trade Center towers from collapsing.
It actually might have

Yes but they haven't done that in a while. It was Drum Brakes that had abestos and it's basically impossible to find those on a modern car (although some trucks still got em I think)
>t. when to tech school and we had a bag-vacuum contraption to suck up the asbestos dust when we worked on drum brakes

>I hate freedom so much, let's ban every substance in the universe so nobody can accidentally hurt themselves with it!

>Jow Forums is also inherently contrarian

But it isn't. You've confused the /b/ of about 12 years ago with the Jow Forums of today.

ur a moron. check asbestos dot com
asbestos still used in lots of applications today